Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
5 registered (VASurvivor, journey4two, tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443284 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121740 - 06/21/04 09:59 PM I'm new to this and am not sure what Im doing
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm new to Male Support and Im not real sure how to post new topics or chat with anyone. If anyone responds to this message, then I guess I've passed the first step. I'm computer illiterate and 47 yrs old, but still not too old to learn. Any help would eb appreciated. Thanks

#121741 - 06/21/04 10:25 PM Re: I'm new to this and am not sure what Im doing
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
FLRich,

Welcome! This is one of the best places you could find yourself, thanks to the people who make it such a good place.

I hope you take a look around and see some of what we have been through on our individual paths to healing. There is a lot of accumulated experience here. There is even more love and concern for one another. Despite what we have suffered we have found there is something inside us that still believes life can and will be good. We're nothing if not stubborn. \:\)

Most of the time we (the male survivors) post in one of the other forums. If you click the link to "Public Forums" above your message, you'll see the "Male Survivors" forum in the list. Click that to view the busiest forum here. You'll get used to it quickly, I'm sure.

I wish there was no reason for you or I to come looking for this place. I'm so very glad that it's here and that we have found it.

Thanks,

Joe

#121742 - 06/21/04 10:31 PM Re: I'm new to this and am not sure what Im doing
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Welcome from another dweller of the sunshine state. sorry you needed to find us but gald you did. Just post any questions you have here and everyone will help you with both the computer stuff and the personal stuff.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#121743 - 06/21/04 10:33 PM Re: I'm new to this and am not sure what Im doing
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
FLRich,
Looks like you passed the first test. As outis said most post on the "male survivor" forum. If you would like to chat then please follow the link at the bottom of each page. You will need to registor first. If you have any more questions please post them. I also echo outis when I say welcome and I am sorry you need us. You have found a place where we all heal together.

James

#121744 - 06/21/04 10:38 PM Re: I'm new to this and am not sure what Im doing
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
So far so good! Excelent work! Welcome!

#121745 - 06/22/04 04:32 AM Re: I'm new to this and am not sure what Im doing
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

welcomme here. I aam not so new at it, bbut not sure what I do eitther. You will see there arre diferent mesage areas, the male ssurvvior one is most uused it sseem, but thhere area to for ffriends/fammily of us, for 'off topiic' things, ffor other special tthings. yyou are welcome heree.

andrei

#121746 - 06/22/04 01:36 PM Re: I'm new to this and am not sure what Im doing
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
FLRich. As the others have said welcome. You have found a brotherhood of men and their loved ones that is second to none, in my opinion, on the face of the earth. You will find that you are never alone again and only support , suggestions and strong shoulders to lean on.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.