Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 12 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#121609 - 01/27/04 09:14 AM Re: Chat room closing...
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
I should hasten to point out that my anger and sense of betrayal isn't with the brothers or sisters here, including moderators, TallSteve or anyone else who is doing their job. You guys are great.

Hang together and get this decision reversed!

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#121610 - 01/27/04 09:59 AM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Loydy,
I think you've said it best "I've just logged on and seen this topic, and at the moment I know nothing more than you do." I can only speak for me but this is where my anger is coming from. That this would be posted with no more information given. Not to us, not to the chat admin, not to the chat mod's, not to any of the mod's, not to anyone..just "Hey by the way we are closeing the chat room" Sorry if you feel I'm getting personal, but I feel that it is irresponable of the board to make this discion and then not give us any reason as to why. NOTHING Loydy....nothing at all.....So does that make me angey....yes it does....ofcourse we are going to wonder whats going on. This place has saved my life alowd me to find a place to heal and given me a chance to met some of the best people I've ever had the privilage of knowing. And up to this point I have always thought the Board was doing a great job running things. But to post a date for us to lose the chat room with no posting as to why? :rolleyes:

James

#121611 - 01/27/04 11:05 AM Re: Chat room closing...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Guys I am in the same position as Dave. I would ask, like Dave, that you continue to express your thoughts in a pro active manner. I will also find out what is going on.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#121612 - 01/27/04 11:13 AM Re: Chat room closing...
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
look MS just went through a funds drive to keep going as it is. if too much comes out of this, we may loose it all together. this site has been a great help to me, and i would hate to be without it.

i am sorry we are loosing the chatroom, but this is still a very valuable resource. i would hate to see it shutdown. if all the members withdraw thier support over this, that is where we are headed. i think we need to consider the other side for a moment. it would take a lot of time and effort to moderate and run this site. i am sure it is a completely voluntary one, and we need to recognize their effort.

#121613 - 01/27/04 11:28 AM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Now that it has become apparent that even the moderators have no idea what is going on, I think it is very clear that Fred Tolson has lost sight of what MS is all about. It is for the survivors, including the moderators. The leadership of MS needs to come from the men, not one man running the board.

I formally ask for Fred Tolson's resignation effective immediately.

Andrew

#121614 - 01/27/04 11:48 AM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

There is a motion on the floor is there a second?

#121615 - 01/27/04 12:07 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Guys please continue to express your thoughts about the chat room. But please lets not attack anyone in the process. I appreciate where you are all coming from I really do.

Personally I think it may be a generation thing. I am well aware that young people have grown up with chat and for many it is the preferred method of communication. I have a 23 year old daughter and she and her friends have been using chatrooms ever since we got a computer at home several years ago.
I do know that sometimes in chat that the thing that we miss is not what is said but the manner in which it is said and the person's posture when saying it. And there is also the danger of chat being used by some with less than honourable intentions but they are quickly weeded out.

I and David will keep you informed.

Thank you for your cooperation my brothers.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#121616 - 01/27/04 12:15 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Mike I have the highest regard for your opinions.
However, the issue here is greater than the loss of the chat room. It is an attitudinal problem that stems from our leadership. They have absolutely no understanding or consideration of process. They are acting like fascist dictators rather than caring and benevolent counsellors and mentors. Peace, Andrew

#121617 - 01/27/04 12:49 PM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Mike,
With all due respect man.....asking for Fred to step down isnt a personal attact in any shape or form. Read the by-laws set by the Board. If the member's are not happy with the leader ship they can ask the voting members to remove someone. That's all that is being done now. following the by-laws posted here. Andrew made a motion to remove Fred...as a paying member (which by the by-laws makes him able to vote on matter's like this). I'm not a member or I would second the motion and then we could move to the discustion stag of the motion. So all that is being done is following the guidlines set by the Board on matter's just like this. If noone seconds the motion then it will go away.....or is someone does second it and 2/3's of the voting memeber's done vote "yes" then it will go away. But with Andrew being a voting member he has the right to bring a motion to the floor and if he does it's not a personal attact it's excerising his right's as a member of MS. Im sorry you dont see it that way and feel that by asking for Fred to step down we are attacting Fred as a person. All that is being done is using the guidlines set forth in the by-laws. Thats why the by-laws were put in place and why they are posted for all to read, so we know how to handle things just like this.
James

#121618 - 01/27/04 01:14 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I am withholding judgement on President Tolson and the rest of the Board, until the facts are in. Until then, everything is just seculation and emotions running amok.

It is a great tragety that the Chat Room is set to close. I, as all you you, would like to know the reason for this decission. I feel that the board wouldn't have done it with out much deliberation. But moreover, I would like an explaination on why it was done the way is was. Hanging a "Closing" sign on the entrance, without any explaination. Even at the corner store, when they hang the "Closing" sign they let you know why. With this being a organization, with some paying members. Some explaination is deserved and warranted. The lack of such explainations is quite contrary to the well-being of MS and its members and guests.

Bill

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.