Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (wiresguy1, Sojourn Survivor, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121583 - 01/28/04 06:39 PM Sleeve Rolling Time
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I was going to add this under call to arms but decided to start a new thread.

Fred and Ken have laid the facts out pretty clearly I think. And the nuts and bolts of it is that MaleSurivor needs proper funding. We just cannot do it ourselves.

Personally I think that charities have their hands full but I am not adverse to going to Corporate Morth America and to Foundations. I mean lets get the fundraising committee to really go at this. Lets divide North American and the UK into sectors and go after the funding. Lets invite them to our site. Lets let them hear from our board of directors who pay their own way to board meetings.

I hate to say this but there has to be a business side of MaleSurvivor. With the proper funding we can do so much more. More scholarships, more sweayt equity members, more retreats both in Morth American and the UK for our brothers across the pond ( big pond actually)

Now I want to let all you guys in on a somenthing that I have found out. Big secret I bet. The more you help others and the site the more you benefit from it. Hey I am slow so it took a while to sink in. \:D

Anyway I would really like to have us all volunteer for something no matter how small it is. I also know that there are some of us who cannot because of circustance and where they are in their healing. Well my brothers who can I think that that fact alone should spur us on.

Since coming here 13 months ago I have travelled father in my healing than the past 6 years of therapy.

I personally want to thank those who have worked their buns off to make us feel safe and I mean all of you and you know who your are.

I want The Board to give us specifics of where they need help and I dont want this put off. The time for action is now.

It is payback time so that MaleSurvivor can truly be a place of refuge and healing and safety and be an advocate for the one in six of the male population who suffer.

Sorry to be so verbose but I am passionate about this.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#121584 - 01/28/04 08:00 PM Re: Sleeve Rolling Time
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Just moving it back to the top. Come no guys, surely we can pull together to help.
James

#121585 - 01/28/04 08:33 PM Re: Sleeve Rolling Time
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Nice one Mikey, if we want to keep it - we've got to save it.

If I get a chance I might put the other similar posts onto this one so they're all in one place - but don't hold me to it please :rolleyes: ;\)

Dave

#121586 - 01/28/04 10:03 PM Re: Sleeve Rolling Time
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
I want to just add that as an organization with all the responsibilities that go with it, we appreciate any volunteers or suggestions on how to improve services or obtain funding.

However, let me caution that you need to go through an existing committee chair before going off on your own. In other words, it may be wonderful to contact XYZ Foundation to ask for money, but the best way to do this is to contact Chuck Spence, the fundraising chair. Chuck is a chancellor of several California colleges and has considerable experience with fundraising and getting grants.

While your efforts are appreciated, we really need to go through the existing structure. Maybe that sounds bureaucratic, but remember that enthusiasm without direction and guidance is not likely to be effective and may actually jeopardize our tax exempt status or other funding plans that may be in the works.

Thanks for your interest in keeping this org afloat.

Ken

#121587 - 01/29/04 12:50 PM Re: Sleeve Rolling Time
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Thank you Mike, for making this a POSITIVE post about saving this site, rather then a bullying one to add more guilt to survivors. I will be working at doing what I can to help.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#121588 - 01/29/04 04:19 PM Re: Sleeve Rolling Time
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Please help keep this movement alive. There are lots of ways we can help. Email one of the committee's to see how you can help.
James

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.