Newest Members
fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44, m75, scorpus
12702 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (66), Brant (54), Happenstance (46), jimminy (27), keeper (49), MischievousSpirit (40), skooter27 (31), vbalfour (61), whancrar (49)
Who's Online
7 registered (iaccus, Mishka95673, BDD, bluesky, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12702 Members
75 Forums
65322 Topics
456840 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#121552 - 01/30/04 07:49 PM Re: One big way to help
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I think I posted this somewhere but am having a "Seniors Moment"

I got off an email to the Editor of The Toronto Star (Canada's biggest daily). I made sure to say I was not a spokesperson or Representative but that I had joined and was just a guy healing from what 1 in 6 males suffer from. I also added my story and asked that they respect my privacy. ( cant spell annonymity)

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#121553 - 03/01/04 01:54 PM Re: One big way to help
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Bringing this back to the top.

#121554 - 03/01/04 11:40 PM Re: One big way to help
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I had a nice high anxiety level this afternoon as I called and spoke with the editor of our local newpaper. He said with MaleSurvivor being a national organization without local ties, the best way to get it in the paper was to write a letter to the editor.
I informed him of my SA, that I am a local connection, and that MS has been a great resource in my recovery. I gave him Richard Gartner's name and MS's phone number to use in regards to information about MaleSurvivor.
I should be getting a call from a reporter soon.

Now to keep strong,
Bill

#121555 - 03/02/04 09:45 AM Re: One big way to help
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Way to go brother. If enough of us speak out the message will fill the air.

#121556 - 03/04/04 02:16 PM Re: One big way to help
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hey Roland: Dont give up my brother. Be a pest. Get in their face. Ask them if they are not interested in helping the 1 in 6 males it happens to. And that these boys are children of friends, relatives and co-workers. Or ask them if they are stuck in the same mindset of the Catholic Church or whatever Organization is stonewalling. You know. The Boy Scouts and things like that.

I for one refuse to let sexual assault be one of the very few great crines that is still in the closet.

I am kind of an asshole that way. I can rationalize no but I will not tolerate being ignored.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.