Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
13 registered (BraveFalcon, randombreeze, L84, 7 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63540 Topics
443928 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#121492 - 02/17/03 11:24 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Ummm Dave,
I'm not sure I understand what you wrote about the Stories forum to Mr Edd. It's in the Public Forums section, I was able to access it without logging in, in other words as an anomymous user. The main thing I've gathered about the Stories forum is that replies to a post aren't allowed, but it is 'public' per se.

Mr Edd, posting your story as a web page here wouldn't work for the reasons listed near the top by MS Admin. In the meantime perhaps Brian will have some room for it on his server. Or maybe what Dave meant was posting your story here in one of the Member Forums would work for you even though it couldn't be HTML, you can use to the UBB codes to dress things up, but no pictures , it's never easy eh?

jer

#121493 - 02/18/03 08:08 AM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
I just wanted to say that I am more than happy to host files (pix, music, etc) to be posted here. I am also willing to help setup and host individual sites, but I canít start A new site for survivors, unless it is in a very narrow contexts i.e. survivor art. I just donít have the time right now.

#121494 - 02/18/03 10:25 AM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
MrEdd, what I think you could do is submit your story, perhaps in some article form, to the MS administration, for inclusion with the articles listed off the MS main page under Survivors-Adult-Articles by Survivors & Professionals. Possibly if you contact editor Murray Schane, it could also go in an issue of Men Speak Out, the MS newsletter, if you wished.

In any case, I look forward to sharing in your story as you are ready to share it, and thanks for what you've shared already.

Victor

#121495 - 02/18/03 01:33 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Jer

Quote:
It's in the Public Forums section, I was able to access it without logging in, in other words as an anomymous user. The main thing I've gathered about the Stories forum is that replies to a post aren't allowed, but it is 'public' per se.
Yes, you're absolutely right there - sorry.
But maybe Vic's idea is worth a try, again I'm not sure if a members only access could be done but it's worth asking.

Dave

#121496 - 02/18/03 02:20 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
I'm not sure restricting access to the story board is the best way to go about this. I think that allowing members to share there stories on the ms members board is a better idea.

Brian.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.