Newest Members
wraphd, blufish, JPmc, rr433, pjmd
12435 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
8 registered (Obi, john22, Sonata1, 4 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12435 Members
74 Forums
63840 Topics
445797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#121482 - 02/14/03 01:38 AM Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
What would be the possibility of a "multimedia" forum? A place for posting music, images, video and would allow HTML tags.

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask.

Brian.

#121483 - 02/14/03 10:31 AM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
MS Admin Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Hi Brian,

Because it can be misused, we do not allow HTML in posts. Our security policy would only allow it if we were running a private/intranet community with strict controls.

As for posting links to music, video, images, etc., as you know this is possible now. We cannot host (provide server space) for this. If there is sufficient interest, we would consider providing a members forum for this purpose.

I hope this answers your question.

Please read the faq's for answers to the most commonly asked questions.

#121484 - 02/14/03 10:41 AM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
brian-z Offline

Yes it does, thank you.

Brian.

#121485 - 02/15/03 12:40 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Brian,

Your sig is wonderful. Thanks for putting that on your messages. You have a marvelous artistic mind. I envy that but rejoice that you have it.

I pray you are feeling better, or stable. I will send an email this afternoon. I plan a day here at my computer to get lots of stuff doen so I won't have the pressure of knowing I still have not done it.

Peace be with you.

Bob

#121486 - 02/15/03 03:32 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
I think a Members forum of this kind would be great!

Victor

#121487 - 02/15/03 04:36 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
I've been thinking about this and have done a little research into the cost of hosting a small web site. All told, somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-150 for one year with a caveat... it depends on what type of web site to use, UNIX or Windows based and how much storage and bandwidth would be needed.

Bottom line, I'd like to offer purchasing a web site with a dual purpose:
- for posting multimedia files for users of this web site with a creative bend,
- and for my own web site development work.

I welcome feedback (hint hint Brian-Z, pm me if you have any suggestions) from all.

jer

#121488 - 02/17/03 03:43 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I have been trying to write what I have remembered so far (with my sister's help) of my story. I only write in short spurts because that is all I can stand to lok at right now.
I would like to have some place to post it for survivors as a web page, but not have it where the general public could get to it as some points require the use of pictures. I figured I would get Lis at Escaping Hades to edit it when it is done or at least enough done for an initial posting. could this be set up for members-only viewing?

#121489 - 02/17/03 04:51 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
brian-z Offline

Heck of an idea Jer. But there is a problem. Allocation of resources who decides who gets what and how. There are logistical details that would need to be worked out before had. I would hate to see a klick mentality arise out of this. My philosophy has been simple, first come first server (pun intended). But Iím starting to see the limitations of that, Iím going to have to sit down and think of the best way to continue offering web space, Iím not at my limit yet, but itís time for me to start looking at the possibility that might happen. If your thinking about doing it to, I think it would be a good idea for the two of us to work in tandem pulling our resources. Just a thought.

Brian

#121490 - 02/17/03 08:05 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Mr Edd
I think the Survivors Stories forum would be as private as anywhere else, it's a Full Members only forum.

I like the 'Escaping Hades' site, well worth a visit, lot's of good help there.

Dave

#121491 - 02/17/03 11:17 PM Re: Throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Brian,
I'm open to whatever. If we approach this as an experiment, what have we got to lose? First come, first server works for me. I was thinking that and then if and when space became an issue, first on, first off or put another way, oldest files deleted to make room for new files. Up front just make it clear to all that if you like something you see be sure to save it to your own pc's hard drive.
One of the hosting sites I was looking at both offered around 500meg storage with unlimited bandwidth: a hosting site
If you'd like to be the coordinator of this multimedia site, that would be fine by me. pm me if you care to.
jer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.