Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
8 registered (Bluedogone, Jim1961, 86, Obi, 2 invisible), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#121452 - 08/15/06 10:36 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
Hi,
i joined and paid in May, but never got an introductory pack of any kind. I got a newsetter a while back, but that is all I've ever gotten. I don't feel gypped, necessarily, cause I have certainly gotten my value from the membership, but would love to get the intro packet, if, indeed there is one.'
Thanks
Paul

#121453 - 08/15/06 11:01 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Quote:
Vic, in several recent threads there has been discussion of the MS/NOMSV Directory. The one referred to in these cases is a directory of official (dues paying) members. It lists name, address, work or home phone and e-mail address. MEMBERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE LISTED IN THIS DIRECTORY, nor are they required to submit all of this information for publication in this directory. ONLY MS/NOMSV MEMBERS are sent a regularly updated copy of membership. This is to allow professionals and survivors the opportunity to network or make contact with others from MS/NOMSV.
Do we still have such a voluntary directory? When was the last one issued?

It sounds like a valuable idea for those willing to be listed in it.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#121454 - 08/16/06 12:34 AM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
And if we do, how do those of us who don't want to be listed, get unlisted?

- Mel Brooks

#121455 - 08/20/06 09:57 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
The "real-life" members stuff is handled by only a few people, and not all of them are the same people who handle stuff on the website. I am going to copy this thread to Ask the Board in hopes that someone will see it and give you guys the most accurate answer possible.

SAR

#121456 - 08/21/06 07:29 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
SAR,

Are we talking about the same thing? That old post clearly refers to a publicly circulated directory listing any member who wanted to be in it, not a list restricted to a few administrators within the organization. But the operative phrase might be "old post". I can imagine a lot of things have changed here in the interim and perhaps the idea of preparing a directory was abandoned at some point.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#121457 - 08/23/06 01:32 AM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Yes, we're talking about the same thing. There was a publicly circulated directory in the recent past. I'm not sure when the last one was issued or when the next one might be issued (or how one would ask not to be included... I remember being offered the chance to opt out when I first joined the org but that was a long time ago).

My point about "real-life" vs. website admin was that, the people who can answer this question are not necessarily the same people who can answer Discussion Board Questions (or even the same people who are reading here).

The mods are happy to field questions, or pass them along to those who can... I just wanted to put it out there so that no one would feel slighted by the lack of response in this forum.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.