Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (6 invisible), 80 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438061 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#121442 - 11/09/02 06:35 PM Where Is the Members Directory?
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
I know maybe I'm fibrofogged, but I just can't seem to find the member directory. I'd like to have a more systematic way of checking profiles than running through the discussion board threads. I've been wanting to do this to get to know people better, and I think its especially important for me as a moderator.

Thanks

Vic

#121443 - 11/09/02 08:10 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
MS Admin Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

The board doesn't provide a means to display all of the registered users at one time.

F

Please read the faq's for answers to the most commonly asked questions.

#121444 - 11/10/02 12:04 AM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
Wuamei Offline

OK guess I misunderstood.

Thanks F.

#121445 - 11/11/02 11:29 AM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
Mark Crawford Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Vic, in several recent threads there has been discussion of the MS/NOMSV Directory. The one referred to in these cases is a directory of official (dues paying) members. It lists name, address, work or home phone and e-mail address. MEMBERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE LISTED IN THIS DIRECTORY, nor are they required to submit all of this information for publication in this directory. ONLY MS/NOMSV MEMBERS are sent a regularly updated copy of membership. This is to allow professionals and survivors the opportunity to network or make contact with others from MS/NOMSV.

I believe you thought this to be the profiles which are posted with each thread.

Recently came to realize that many individuals who have come to use and/or read our discussion boards thought they were actual MS/NOMSV members simply because they registered to use the bulletin boards. This is simply not the case and perhaps this is partly our fault for not clarifying this issue. We welcome all to use our Boards and hopefully when individuals are ready they will in fact officially join MS/NOMSV. There are many other benifits such as the Quarterly Newsletter we publish, "Men Speak Out". Members are also entitled to discounts at particular MS/NOMSV events such as conferences and retreats. New members also recieve an intial packet with a fair amount of information on the issue of Male Sexual Victimization. So we do encourage all those who wish to....to join. And finally dues are based on a sliding scale related to one income, so if you really can't afford it membership is free. We just ask that you committ to some sweat equity in return for the free membership.

Thanks for the question, I hope I have helped clear some things up. Mark

#121446 - 11/11/02 11:55 AM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
Wuamei Offline

Mark:

Thanks for your response. Let me make sure I understand correctly. Are you saying that as a new member, I will be receiving an updated copy of the members directory, as well as an initial info packet? If so, do I need to ask for it? If so, consider yourself asked! ;\) Does this come email or snail mail? I'm looking forward to getting this stuff. Thanks again.

I think my membership has already more than paid for itself, and I try to share with others the benefits of being a member. I too hope many more will continue to join us in the war against male sexual victimization.

Take Care

Vic

#121447 - 11/12/02 12:22 AM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
You will get it in the snail mail from our Administrator, along with other materials. As Mark says, the Directory is a hard copy of people's addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and, in the case of professionals, their degree. Maybe a few other things, too -- I can't recall. This Directory is not published on line.

#121448 - 11/12/02 08:04 AM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
Wuamei Offline

Thanks Richard for further clarification for my fibrofogged mind! I look forward to receiving these materials in my snail mail, which really can be slow as a snail in this small town!

Vic

#121449 - 08/15/06 05:42 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
randy tafoya Offline

Loc: albuquerque nm
HOW DO I GET ACCESS FOR FULL MEMBERSHIP TO HSVE FULL ACCEESS TO ALL AREA OF THE WEBSITE

#121450 - 08/15/06 05:42 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
randy tafoya Offline

Loc: albuquerque nm
HOW DO I GET ACCESS FOR FULL MEMBERSHIP TO HSVE FULL ACCEESS TO ALL AREA OF THE WEBSITE

#121451 - 08/15/06 06:34 PM Re: Where Is the Members Directory?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Try here,

http://www.malesurvivor.org/Online%20Store/index.htm

Then contact the webmaster to activate your account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.