Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63122 Topics
441411 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121406 - 11/04/02 09:25 PM Member status
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Just wondering.... should moderators be expected to be members of MS/NOMSV? I noticed that some of the moderators have "guest" in front of their names. Are they not members? Would their work as moderators enable those who have little money to be "sweat equity" members? I'd think so, although I'd bet that many if not most of them would pay for membership and do the moderator job out of love.

Ken

#121407 - 11/04/02 09:41 PM Re: Member status
MS Admin Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

We are asking about membership when people register the first time. If someone is a member of MS it will say member under there nick. Guest is a non-member.

Please read the faq's for answers to the most commonly asked questions.

#121408 - 11/04/02 11:41 PM Re: Member status
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
This is a difficult question. I know that I need to budget a certain amount each year for dues. But, if I did not have the funds for the dues I would still be happy to work for MS.

So many of our men seem to be really seriously strapped for funds. If a moderator can pay I am sure he will want to be a paying member. There really are some helpful aspects of membership.

Bob

#121409 - 11/05/02 12:01 AM Re: Member status
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
I used my birthday money from my inlaws and just became a paying member. Already I think it was well worth every penny & then some. I consider my MS membership a privilege. \:D

Wuame

#121410 - 11/05/02 09:04 AM Re: Member status
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Anyone who can't afford our dues has the option of applying for a "sweat equity" membership, based on information supplied about income. And of course someone who is moderating is already working up a sweat!

#121411 - 11/06/02 09:19 AM Re: Member status
Wuamei Offline

Hi Men:

While we're on the subject, I've wondered about whether to do this or not. I went to the chat room last night & a note there seems to encourage just volunteering.

So, unless someone wants to do it for sweat equity membership, I'd like to volunteer my services as a moderator if needed. I'm thinking more on the discussion boards, as I've not really been in chat much at all. No particular board in mind, I'll consider whatever may be needed.

My way of giving back to MS, to all of you. Also a way of working my own recovery. Thanks.

Vic

#121412 - 11/06/02 07:39 PM Re: Member status
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
I leave the decisions about moderators to Fred and his crew, but I just wanted to say that anyone is VERY welcome to volunteer. If someone else comes along later wanting to do a sweat equity job, we will find one for him (or her) if all moderator positions are filled.

Thanks, Vic!

Richard

#121413 - 11/07/02 12:45 AM Re: Member status
Wuamei Offline

Thank you Richard!

Fred & Crew, consider me volunteered! Just let me know what you need when & I'll do what I can.

Vic

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.