Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (bluesky, traveler, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63368 Topics
443104 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#121399 - 08/19/03 01:05 AM I though that chat was for everyone
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
I just went into chat. I needed to talk. I saw a new T today. Physically he reminds me of my perp. I needed to talk about it. I was made to feel like my problem was not important.

No wonder I never go into chat anymore.

I won't be going back into chat.

I will seek support somewhere else.

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#121400 - 08/19/03 08:48 AM Re: I though that chat was for everyone
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
CW, I understand your pain in dealing with the chat room.

I have been there, I have talked here in the discussion boards about it.

One thing I've come to understand is that while this group, MS.ORG is here to support us, the Survivors, nearly everyone going into chat is there with issues. Nearly everyone comes across as self-centered and even narcissistic at times. I have learned to accept that and have a zero-level expectation in the few times that I do go into chat. If you remember that the people in chat, even the good ole moderators, are survivors with intense issues, maybe you'll not be let down so hard when you go into the chat rooms.

Jim

#121401 - 08/19/03 11:12 AM Re: I though that chat was for everyone
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
CW another reason it feels that way is because much of the input in a conversation comes from body language, facial expressions and the tone of what is said. Of course, in chat, none of this comes through.

I, like many others, go to chat for the following reasons.

1. Have some fun and laugh and joke with brothers
2.help brothers deal with, what to them, are huge issues of the moment.
3. When we are in pain.
4. to talk about other stuff than SA

A lot of times except for 1 and 4 the conversations lose a hell of a lot without the rest of the communication tools we use.

I use it when I need a good swift kick in the ass or another slant on what is going on. And my brothers always come through in both capacities. But I do recognize the limitations of the Chat Room.

Just my two cents worth CW. I am glad you made a post about your issues and I see that you have several responses including one from me.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.