Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447733 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#11732 - 04/20/06 12:38 AM Re: MS and our future as survivors
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Dave just remember - you don't get maximum sustain until the amp is turned up to 11 (1 louder).

As for being fully healed and leaving here!?

You cannot see my scars, but they will always be there, under the surface! Somedays I will want to be here, somedays I will not. Don't think I'll make an announcement one way or another!

Best wishes ...Rik

#11733 - 04/20/06 12:55 AM Re: MS and our future as survivors
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dave,

Quote:
do they call that thing when guitars 'hum' sustain?
Yep. A great guitar will sustain for a minute if you let it! Pluck a string, set the guitar down, and all the other guitars in the room will begin to hum along, same note or a harmonic.

Rather like this place. ;\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#11734 - 04/20/06 01:20 AM Re: MS and our future as survivors
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Born to Resist,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am a university teacher so I deal with young people more or less all the time. And for 25 years as of this June!

I was decisively influenced my a teacher who cared about students, and it may be he saved my life. I have always sought to follow his example in that, and that has got me into a lot of activities with students in places I have taught.

It's mainly helping out with things like alcohol and drug abuse, broken relationships, problems at home, and physical and sexual abuse. They come in needing to talk, and I always have coffee and cookies on hand. ;\) Usually it's just a matter of referring them to the proper university office or local support agency for the problem they are having, accompanying them the first time they go if they are embarrassed or ashamed, keeping track of them and asking how they are doing, things like that.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#11735 - 04/20/06 04:26 AM Re: MS and our future as survivors
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
Larry,

I can't imagine how you possibly have a life outside of MaleSurvivor. All the posts and replies have to take up megahours of your time. When I think how much of that time you have spent on me, I am humbled. Thanks Larry, you are very much appreciated.

I too see myself staying here for a very long time. I probably will never spend as much time or reply to as many post as you do Larry. However, I canít see myself going elsewhere and leaving my family behind. This is a brotherhood we have here, symbiosis at itís finest.

Love ya

Darrel

#11736 - 04/21/06 05:27 AM Re: MS and our future as survivors
Bill_h_pike Offline

Loc: USA
I'm going to join the chorus and extend to you my thanks. Without the encouraging posts of yourself and several others I doubt I would have ever found the courage disclosed to my parents. It's been tough since then but you always had an encouraging word even when I felt really down.

#11737 - 04/21/06 10:38 AM Re: MS and our future as survivors
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Brothers,

I am stunned and humbled by all your replies and comments about me personally. Thank you so much. I wasn't aiming for that when I started this thread; it was just a quiet Easter morning and I was thinking about this place, how it has helped me, how I have developed a positive persona for myself as a survivor, and what I see myself doing as a survivor in the future. I thought I would ask what others think Ė not about me, but about their own cases. I guess I didn't say that very clearly.

Kurt, you are quite right about the need to admit weakness and ask for help when we need it. That applies to me more than you think bro! There are quite a few guys here to whom I am deeply indebted, and I hope I have told them that frequently enough so they know who they are. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.