Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63394 Topics
443242 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115931 - 09/18/06 12:32 AM Washington, DC Support Group starting
Richard Boesch Offline

Loc: Washington, D.C.
SUPPORT GROUP IN WASHINGTON, DC TO BEGIN 9/26/06.

Open to gay, straight and bisexual men who are ready to participate in the healing process in a safe group setting.

Co-sponsored by the D.C. Rape Crisis Center and the Gay Men's Counseling Collective

A support group for gay, straight and bisexual men who are survivors of rape and sexual abuse will meet for 16 weekly sessions on Tuesdays. The group is expected to begin September 26, 2006 in a downtown location. Group size is expected to be between 5 and 10 participants. The group will be co-facilitated by Danielle Goldberg, LICSW, from the DC Rape Crisis Center (DCRCC) and Richard Boesch, Ph.D. from the Gay Menís Counseling Collective (GMCC).

For further information, contact: Danielle Goldberg of DCRCC at (202) 232-0789, ext. 6015; Richard Boesch at (202) 797-0631; or GMCC at email@gmccdc.org

#141671 - 02/15/07 12:01 AM Re: Washington, DC Support Group starting [Re: Richard Boesch]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I would like to know more please

michael joseph

Edited by ModTeam (02/15/07 01:59 PM)
The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#141711 - 02/15/07 02:01 PM Re: Washington, DC Support Group starting [Re: michael Joseph]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

MJ,

If you want additional information on this group, call the phone number.

DO NOT post your personal phone number on this site!

Brian

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#142703 - 02/22/07 01:44 AM Re: Washington, DC Support Group starting [Re: ModTeam]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Richard called me tonight, I would not post my phone number.

did I? not sure I would have done that!

#143019 - 02/24/07 05:23 AM Re: Washington, DC Support Group starting [Re: michael Joseph]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

if i did then I have been saying and doing stuff out of the need to get help, and sometimes been misunderstood. Like looking for counseling, tyring to find therapy through the directory because in the past I have found info through the direcotroy from others in the area where I lived. I also was hurt though so called friends via people saying they would help and they take advantage of me. Being safe is more important than making frineds I can do that in person in groups etc.

mj

#144080 - 03/05/07 03:23 AM Re: Washington, DC Support Group starting [Re: michael Joseph]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

still waiting to hear from some rape crisis line in area about counseling DC should call back soon.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.