Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447702 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115920 - 06/30/06 01:28 AM Petition for rape survivors
clemente Offline

Loc: Eastern US
Received this e-mail today and thought this would be a good place to post--although maybe I should go to "off topic". This concerns a bill in congress to make the "morning after" pill(s) easily available to rape victims--the body of the e-mail is as follows (don't think the link will work, so you will have to copy and paste the URL)

Rape: it's a horrible thing that no woman chooses. Yet as it stands now, when a survivor of rape enters the emergency room she is not always given the chance to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Take action to give all rape survivors a choice in the aftermath of their assault!

Groups including NARAL Pro-Choice America have been advocating that the Emergency Contraception pill (EC) be an option for all rape survivors.

What is EC? It is NOT the same as mifepristone, or RU 486, which terminates an already-established pregnancy. EC is a concentrated dose of ordinary birth-control pill that can dramatically reduce a woman's chance of becoming pregnant if taken soon after sex or sexual assault.

To ensure emergency contraception is an option for all rape survivors, Congress has proposed the Compassionate Assistance for Rape Emergencies Act (“CARE”: S.1264/H.R.2928), which would guarantee that emergency rooms provide every woman with emergency contraception as an option following her assault.
Sign the petition to support this legislation now!

Every rape survivor deserves the proper health-care services to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Sign the petition asking your representatives to support the CARE act.

Ensure all rape survivors have a choice in the aftermath of their assault. Go to: http://go.care2.com/e/lJs/nK/QClx

Thanks for your help today.

Lauren Alvarez,
Care2 and ThePetitionSite Team

"Time is the currency of love..."

#115921 - 06/30/06 02:18 AM Re: Petition for rape survivors
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Clem,

This is certainly a long time coming. I'll definately sign. I think you're right though, it should probably be in Off Topic. Maybe one of the mods can move it.

ROCK ON......Trish

#115922 - 06/30/06 04:26 AM Re: Petition for rape survivors
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Actually it has been moved to Classifieds. \:\)

You can follow the link at the top of this locked thread to get to the new post.

"One of the Mods" \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.