Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jay1946, Obi), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115905 - 04/26/06 12:45 AM Los Angeles Support Group (not a 12 step program)
Born to Resist Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California, USA
Menís Sexual Abuse Survivors Support Meeting
1 in 6 men have survived sexual abuse at some time in their life

WHAT WE DO
Meet every Sunday afternoon to offer encouragement and support as fellow survivors of sexual abuse. We provide a safe environment to discuss dealing with the effects of abuse, ways to heal, and share available resources. It is not our desire to merely rehash our experiences, but to work towards a healthier future. In supporting each other we hope to help one another move forward with our lives. This is purely a peer support group and is not facilitated by a therapist.

HOW DO I COME TO A MEETING?
We are currently meeting in a safe and comfortable community center with other men who have contacted us prior to coming to a meeting. We prefer to talk or e-mail with men before they come to a meeting to let them know what to expect and then give them the location of the meeting. This also helps in building a safe environment for survivors to share. We ask that all members of the group respect the privacy of each member and not repeat what is discussed nor disclose who is attending. You may contact the point member listed below to discuss attending a meeting and to learn the location and date of the next meeting.

Most survivors do not become perpetrators of abuse themselves. This group is for non-offending survivors. If you are a survivor and are abusing others we urge you to find appropriate help. This group would not be appropriate for you

Meetings are held on Sundays from 4pm to 6pm off the 405 freeway in Marina del Rey

For more information please contact:
310-576-0470
iamasurvivorla@aol.com

#115906 - 04/26/06 06:19 AM Re: Los Angeles Support Group (not a 12 step program)
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Thanks for posting this info I sure do hope that the men in need find this. Any support groups run by trained men and or women can really help you along the path of healing.

lots of love, Nathan

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.