Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
6 registered (dan_in_newengland, DaiseyLady, Still, manipulated, BuffaloCO, Bluedogone), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447945 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115887 - 08/14/05 09:22 PM Looking for Victims of Dr. William Ayres
jsomerville Offline

Loc: New York
My friend just settled a sexual molestation lawsuit against San Mateo, CA child psychiatrist Dr. William Ayres.

Here's the link to the story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/07/14/BAG8NDNNHG1.DTL

Since the story was published, other victims have come forward. The police are looking for victims who fit the statute of limitations, which in California is 1988 to the present.

Dr. Ayres is still practising.

#115888 - 05/08/06 09:52 PM Re: Looking for Victims of Dr. William Ayres
Junyah Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ont
Makes me sick personally. One of my perps was a doctor. Since his license was revoked he has taken on teaching jobs, teaching people how to be Chiropractors, and get this Naturopathic doctors. AS well as doing one on one home visits to patients under the guise of venal injections etc. Home care type things. And has admitted to further abuses on these patientrs. Yet he's still free to walk the streets and prey upon the weak and innocent. As well he has openly admitted to abusing atleast 100 patients, tho his therapists put that numhber closer to 1000.Am currently awaiting a meeting with a Lawyer here to discuss this...Will keep updated as to what happens with that. Am yet to formally report this to the police but have anonymously made a few phone calls to the head of the sex crimes unit in the city this took place. I feel confident now that they plan on taking my complaint seriously, just need a smidge more courage/support before I take the first step into the police station to report. I know once I do that there's no turning back. And I am a bit scared of that to be honest. It is by reading stories on this board, and attending group for male survivors that keeps me focused and safe. Without those and the ongoing supportt of my ever understanding girlfriend I for one fear I would not be able to survive my ordeal.
Thanks for sharing this story, I hope others come forward and fully expose this predetor for what he really is.

#115889 - 05/09/06 02:06 PM Re: Looking for Victims of Dr. William Ayres
jsomerville Offline

Loc: New York
Junyah -

It is scary to make that first call to the police. I called for my friend who had been molested in 2002 and I remember being terrified. And yes, once you call there is no turning back. But it also begins the process of finding justice for yourself. It may be that the police already have previous victims on file and are waiting for others to come forward. That's what happened in the case of this doctor - I found out when I called the police that there were other victims. You will be helping not just yourself but all the other victims by calling....it's good you have a support system. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

#115890 - 05/09/06 03:39 PM Re: Looking for Victims of Dr. William Ayres
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Apart from the factor of seeing one's own abuser going to jail for what he did, have a look at this from the article:

Quote:
Before the alleged abuse, the boy, called "James Doe'' in court records, was described as a vibrant and outgoing teen with a high IQ and a recognized gift for writing, drawing cartoons and public speaking....According to the suit, after nurturing the boy's trust and friendship by giving him a chess set and building toy models with him, Ayres allegedly began pulling down the boy's pants and fondling him.

The molestation allegedly occurred on at least a half-dozen occasions into 1978, but the boy was allegedly too fearful to challenge the doctor's authority, according to the lawsuit....The once gregarious teen turned introverted and angry, according to the suit, his grades plummeted, and he dropped out of high school,

While he later achieved an equivalency diploma and graduated from a university, as an adult he suffered from insomnia, alcoholism and difficulty maintaining employment -- problems that his lawsuit attributed to the alleged abuse.
How many times have we seen this? It's almost a textbook case. The simple truth is that until the perps are stopped lives like this will continue to be ruined.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.