Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441317 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115883 - 08/12/05 08:20 PM Support Group
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
Does anyone know of a male support group in Central NY, near Herkimer? If not, is anyone interested in joining or starting one? Feel free to speak up here or PM me. Thanks - John

#115884 - 08/13/05 01:16 AM Re: Support Group
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

John, I hope that Ken and Murray and Richard see this. They are in NYC and NJ and have contacts that I hope could help.
You might try the local Crisis Line to see if there is a therapist in that area who could help you locate a group or help to get one together.
Keep us posted.

David

#115885 - 08/16/05 02:34 PM Re: Support Group
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
Thanks David - I'm about 3-4 hours out of the city, pretty remote out here. But I drive 4 hours each way to see my therapist and that is getting to be a bit much. She and I are working on transitioning away from her, slowly, and into something else. We both thought a support group might be helpful for me at this point. I will do as you suggested and call the crisis line. Peace - John

#115886 - 08/16/05 06:27 PM Re: Support Group
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

John,

Punch up Ken Singer for a PM about this, the guy has contacts world wide, literally. Today he just told a guy in the Netherlands that he could help him find a therapist. Herkimer can't be any further out than the Netherlands.

Ken belongs to one of those International Associations of Therapists who specialize in boys/men like us. So, give him a PM and let him know of your need. OK?

David

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.