Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (Tiger1982), 60 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438340 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115871 - 07/11/05 05:26 AM Wanting to start a Survivor Group
guitarguy Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey All

im thinking about starting a survivor group when i go back to college
heres the story...
last fall i went off to college.
things went bad(for the most part)

i was smoking a lot of marijuana, i was becoming delusional and paranoid, and at a party, after seeing ppl from my hometown; i remembered my experience with abuse.

i ended up losing my mind, blaming my parents, and accusing every man i ever trusted of being in on it and being involved. it got so bad that i was hospitalised and diagnosed with schizophrenia, and dropped out of school.

since then, ive made a couple friends with similar experiences, and i must say, im dealing with it much better than they are, sure its still hard to talk about it, but ive talked about it. and my friends? they just bottle it up or act promicuously. I dont want to see anyone else go throug life like that, so when i go back to college, i want to start a group for sexual abuse Survivors(male and female).
now, ive never even been to a group like this, so if anyone could suggest reading, disscussion topics, resources, or any tips at all i would love to have them, thanks

#115872 - 07/11/05 06:31 AM Re: Wanting to start a Survivor Group
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri

"Reality is just an illusion."

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.