Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444111 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115823 - 05/15/04 10:23 AM Re: Support groups in the L.A/Orange County Area
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Marc,

I attend meetings of SIA (Survivors of Incest Anonymous) and they help me a lot. Most areas do not have the meeting information online. You would have to contact the World Service Office. They're volunteers, so it can take a few days to get the information back.

The phone number is (410) 893-3322. The web site is http://www.siawso.org . If you click the "Literature" link you can print the order form. The "Starter Packet" and "Expanded Packet" each include a meeting directory listing for one area. I got the expanded packet and then some additional items later, and they are helpful for me. You should know that they are written with both male and female survivors in mind, and that can bother some guys. It's not been an issue for me, and the meetings I attend are for both male and female survivors. But some areas have male only, female only, etc. I did see the California directory LA once, but I don't remember how extensive it is.

HTH,

Joe

#115824 - 05/16/04 09:31 PM Re: Support groups in the L.A/Orange County Area
lysaabi Offline

There is an SIA group in Pasadena on Saturday mornings at 10. Call Las Encinas for specific directions. My former boyfriend attends this meeting, he has said that he would like to connect with other male survivors locally, as he is generally the only male that attends.

PM me if you'd like more info about finding the meeting.

Lisa

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.