Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Sonata1, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63994 Topics
446677 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115798 - 10/13/03 07:01 PM Retreat in Port Orchard?
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Who is planning to attend the retreat in WA?

Anyone? Anyone?........(my favorite line from Ferris Bueller).

#115799 - 10/13/03 07:56 PM Re: Retreat in Port Orchard?
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Count me in. I sent in my application last week. I think, despite everything that's happened in the last year or so, that I'm ready for this. One small step towards the great leap forward....

Steve

#115800 - 10/14/03 03:59 AM Re: Retreat in Port Orchard?
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Brothers,

Any and all who are going to the retreat in Washington We should have lunch, or dinner, or coffee or something. I am not able to goto the retreat but I live very close to Port Orchard. So I could meet anyone who wants to talk. I could also be conned into showing you around Washington. Anyone wanting to get together let me know and we could all plan a big get together.

lots of love, Nathan

#115801 - 10/16/03 03:56 PM Re: Retreat in Port Orchard?
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Scotty, Steve and Nathan,

Don't forget your rain gear. I just made a run up to Port Orchard and drove back through some of the wettest rain I've encountered. So, rain jacket and shoes that can take it would be the norm. Layers are a good thing, as well, the rain and cold can get to you if you're not used to it.
Now, watch, we'll have the warmest November on record.
The facilities are first rate. You're going to like the meeting area with the conversation pit and fireplace. Sleeping rooms are great, too.
We have our meals about a block up the trail, hence the outdoor gear I suggested.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.
Will either one of you be getting in early enough on Friday for lunch with Nathan?

Besides having blue light shining out all around you, Scotty, how will I recognize you?
Steve?
I'm the old guy who looks something like my avatar, without the head gear.

C U soon,

David

#115802 - 10/18/03 09:39 PM Re: Retreat in Port Orchard?
jonathan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern california
Hi..
I've sent in my registration stuff and am hoping to attend. I haven't received anything back yet. Any idea how long it usually takes to hear anything back? I was waiting to get my plane ticket until I knew for sure.

Jonathan

#115803 - 10/19/03 04:05 PM Re: Retreat in Port Orchard?
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, Jonathan, I haven't heard back from anyone either. Maybe we'll hear this week. What do you need to get the best price on flights, three, two weeks?
Also, did you send your reg stuff, or through the site? Mine went through the site but like I said, I haven't heard back yet, either.

We'll keep on top of it, even if it's just a phone call of assurance from the head shed so you can book flight times.

David

#115804 - 10/19/03 08:39 PM Re: Retreat in Port Orchard?
jonathan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Originally posted by ivanhoe:
Hey, Jonathan, I haven't heard back from anyone either. Maybe we'll hear this week. What do you need to get the best price on flights, three, two weeks?
Also, did you send your reg stuff, or through the site? Mine went through the site but like I said, I haven't heard back yet, either.

We'll keep on top of it, even if it's just a phone call of assurance from the head shed so you can book flight times.

David

#115805 - 10/19/03 08:42 PM Re: Retreat in Port Orchard?
jonathan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi David...

Thanks for the reply. I've been checking on flights and noticing that they seem to be going up a bit more each week, so I'd like to make them as soon as possible. As soon as I hear that everything is OK I'll go ahead and book a flight. I mailed all of my stuff in. I think it was the first week of October or last week of September, using credit card to pay. I also took the opportunity to go ahead and join, but I did that part online. I got a receipt and all that but still can't figure out how to be able to access the members only parts of the forums and sites.

In any case, I'm hoping it works out. I've never quite been able to get to the place of feeling like I have it in me to go to a retreat like this...

Jonathan

Quote:
Originally posted by ivanhoe:

David

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.