Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 63 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115794 - 09/23/03 02:39 PM Men's Support Group for No. Cal.
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
I live about 90 miles north of Sacramento. I've been seeing a therapist one-on-one for a few years but I think that I'd benefit greatly from a peer support group. I've contacted the local rape crisis intervention center but so far nothing has come of it. If anyone has any suggestions please post or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Steve

#115795 - 10/06/03 03:47 PM Re: Men's Support Group for No. Cal.
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Steve,

I'm so fired up by Mike Lew's group experience that I'm attempting to see what's available here in Portland, OR. I started with my pastor this morning and he's already putting me in touch with a Psych guy. Have another couple of leads which I hope will turn into real information.
Have you checked with other therapists in your area? That will be the tack that I take.
Also checking with our school of social work.
Good luck and let's keep each other informed.

David

#115796 - 10/22/03 07:11 AM Re: Men's Support Group for No. Cal.
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Steve,

Have you seen the results of Ken's work in establishing a group in Florida? He even has a new brochure. Give it a read to see if his efforts give you any ideas for your area.
I am seeing a therapist up here in Portland and he has a group as well; he's even thinking about starting a second group.

Good luck and keep us informed,

David

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.