Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
8 registered (learning2remember, CafeMan, 6 invisible), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#115715 - 04/17/03 06:00 PM men's support group
bec Offline

Loc: chicagoland area
hello men:

i am in great need of support from fellow men and hope to locate others wanting to form a men's support group locally. i live in the US, in Lake County Indiana, right near the city of Hammond. if you are interested please let me know. i was a member of such a group for two years and it was definitely helpful to me and the other male members. sincerely,

bec \:\)

#115716 - 04/17/03 07:11 PM Re: men's support group
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bec,
I too have thought about forming such a group. I'm sorry I'm not in your area--but I suppose we could meet via private jet somewhere in between Hammond,IN and Portland, OR. Did your other group have a therapist leader or responsible participant observer? The counselor that my wife and I are seeing has suggested a men's group for me. I don't know if it's primarily SA survivors, but I do know that you can't mention what you do for a living. Sounds restrictive but at least one wouldn't have to worry about that pissing contest. Good luck, keep us informed--and don't forget to mention your group formation in the chat room every once in while--I will, too.
David

#115717 - 04/21/03 10:40 PM Re: men's support group
RickL Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
David,

If you start a men's support group in Portland, I'll make the drive over from Bend as often as I can. Portland does have an SIA group, as we also have one in Bend.

Rick

#115718 - 04/22/03 06:13 AM Re: men's support group
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rick,
There are two leads over here for possible leaders of a men's group. I will be checking into that when I get back from Chicago next week--Wed., the 30th. Thanks for your interest.
David

#115719 - 04/25/03 12:31 AM Re: men's support group
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
BEC,

I am from Crown point but now I live in FL. If you get a group started I would love to visit it when i visit my family. A supportive group sure would be a help at those visits.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#115720 - 04/25/03 03:30 PM Re: men's support group
michaelb Offline

Loc: cincinnati, ohio
KEN.....it sounds like those visits home are very difficult for you.....sounds like you need all the support you can get??? it sounds way too familiar (no pun intended).....michael

#115721 - 05/14/03 12:36 AM Re: men's support group
John Ireland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Hey Bec! Wonder if you have started a group yet? I am in Chicago, close to Indiana border. I am in need for a support group----survivor road is bumpy right now.... feel free to contact me at Ireland719@aol.com Hope all is going well for you... John!!

#115722 - 05/16/03 12:10 AM Re: men's support group
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
HI John, glad to see you are still sround this site. I am attending the retreat this coming weekend. Hope you can find a support group near you.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#115723 - 07/08/03 09:07 PM Re: men's support group
bec Offline

hello men:

i am still hoping to find others to form a men's/survivor support group in lake county, indiana. if interested please send me a private message at this site. thanks!

bec

#115724 - 08/05/03 08:54 PM Re: men's support group
bec Offline

fellow men:

i am still seeking others to form a group. send a private message if you are interested. sincerely,

bec

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.