Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
6 registered (randombreeze, Obi, NeverGiveUp23, bluesky, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443038 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#115653 - 03/20/01 05:25 PM West Palm Beach
Gavin1981 Offline

Loc: Florida
I am new to Florida, and I was wondering if there are any support groups for abuse survivors in the West Palm Beach area....??
I have searched on the net....but there doesn't seem to be much avalible....I do *not* want to go to one that is associated with a church!
If anyone knows of any....and could give me the url or contact details....it would be appreciated!!
:~/

-Gavin.

#115654 - 03/21/01 02:00 AM Re: West Palm Beach
diamondheart Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi Gavin,

Sometimes local newspapers list support groups in their community section!!! Also you may want to check with some of the local colleges and universitys, they might know of something. Also sometimes crisis hotlines and centers in the area, may know of some???? I will try to help to look too!!! Hope these suggestions help???? Let me know if you need anything!!!

Derek

http://itismytimetoshine.wordpress.com

#115655 - 03/22/01 12:21 PM Re: West Palm Beach
fmighell Offline

Loc: Anchorage,Alaska
I don't know?
write in here with some of us.
fmighell Anchorage Alaska

#115656 - 03/23/01 02:46 PM Re: West Palm Beach
Mark C Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Gavin...I think you will find a therapist that once was a board member for NOMSV...he doesn't work with our org anymore and I don't know much about him personaly but I think he has a web site at NOMSV.com

His name is Chris Characcer or something like that...I once came upon his website, I also believe he might be a survivor?

I wish you well in your search and I hope this helps.

I noticed you said you didn't want to attend counseling associated with a church....just want you to know I myself am a survivor of clergy abuse. Don't know if this is your reasoning for that statement but I thought I would let you know...if there is a connection here I am willing to listen anytime you might be ready to talk about it...regards Mark

#115657 - 03/23/01 09:15 PM Re: West Palm Beach
Gavin1981 Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi Mark!
To tell you the truth... I *really* want to find a forum where I can post openly about stuff..... but I've just been burned too many times on "survivors" forums.
I don't like people playing games.....and it just seems that there r people like that everywhere!
I'm not sure what to think about this place yet.....I think I need to hang around in the shadows for a while and see what's going on..
Is that alright???
sorry.

~Gavin.

#115658 - 03/23/01 10:25 PM Re: West Palm Beach
Mark C Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Absolutely no need to apologize...and no need to talk if you are not ready...I don't blame you for wanting to "check out" this bulletin board...it is you who must be comfortable. I guess in all chat rooms or board services you will always find all kinds of people at all different stages in their healing...the one thing here most of us share in common is that we are survivors. Sometimes sharing how one feels and realizing that there are many other men out there experiencing the same feelings, emotions, confusion regarding their past, as other survivors, can help one feel not so alone. I hope your experience here is a positive one. Be well...Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.