Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443950 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#115483 - 06/23/02 12:53 AM Looking for Florida group
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I live in Bradenton FL. That is on the south side of Tampa bay. I would be willing to drive to Tampa, St Pete or Sarsota for a men's survivor group if you know of one.

If not, I would be willing to help start a peer group. Please contact me thru this site.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#115484 - 06/23/02 01:54 PM Re: Looking for Florida group
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Ken,
I live in Miami. I am not really aware of men's survivor groups around this area. However, there is an organization that has some events for survivors called Innermotion.org . They do have some all day workshops and various events which I find to be very helpful. They are based out of Fort Lauderdale but sometimes they do travel and put on performances. If you visit their website you can learn more about them.

Otherwise, I am not aware of other things, especially for males. I'm not sure where this thinking is going to take me, but I was thinking the other day,,, if I was an alcholic, there is a place to go. If I was a domestic violence victim, I would have a place to go. If I was a child in a need of a home, there would be a place to go. If I am a abuse survivor (be it male or female), I'm not sure where to go. Like I said, I'm not sure where I'm going with this thinking but it struck me pretty hard the other day.

For me, I do have a therpist which is helping me to deal through things in life. I use the online forums a lot.

Hope this helps a little.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#115485 - 06/24/02 01:41 PM Re: Looking for Florida group
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ken, Mr. Don, and Matt:

I too am not able to find a survivor group where I live in Indiana. It is really disappointing. The best thing for us to do may be to start our own individual groups. You may find "A Circle of Men" by Bill Kauth to be a helpful book in this group formation process. Good luck!

rafael \:\)

#115486 - 07/18/02 02:19 PM Re: Looking for Florida group
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Still looking and keeping this post active. Any leads would be appreciated.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

� Rabbi Hillel

#115487 - 08/10/02 11:55 PM Re: Looking for Florida group
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

mattandrew,
I live in Vero Beach, and am curious about finding a group, or even starting a group. But I feel somewhat new. I've attended Al-Anon groups for years, and I very much enjoy the setting, but I don't know of meetings right now. What have been your thoughts/findings lately?

I do have one lead, but I haven't followed it yet.
Dr. Ann Riebe, 615 Palmetto Avenue,
Melbourne, FL 321-956-0282.

#115488 - 08/28/02 12:19 AM Re: Looking for Florida group
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Still looking for a group in my area. Would be willing to go to Tampa or St Pete. Any leads would be appreciated.

Ken

- Michael C. Muhammad

� Rabbi Hillel

#115489 - 09/01/02 06:08 PM Re: Looking for Florida group
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I got in touch with SIA (Survivors of Incest Anonymous), and there is a meeting in Winter Haven. I live in Vero Beach about 100 miles away, but I went to college near there and I know my way around. And considering it's only once a month, I'm willing to trek there. I contacted two people there, and if you want contact info let me know.

#115490 - 09/01/02 06:13 PM Re: Looking for Florida group
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Found another contact. There's an SIA group in Ocala for men only. Contact is Shaun at (352) 687-3457. Only question is whether it is still active or not. The last time it was verified was 4/97.

#115491 - 09/04/02 12:11 AM Re: Looking for Florida group
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Thanks for the info but Ocala is quite a trek for me. I think I may try to start a group after some surgery I am having in October. Want to drive to Bradenton??

Ken

- Michael C. Muhammad

� Rabbi Hillel

#115492 - 09/17/02 12:50 AM Re: Looking for Florida group
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ken,
Sent you a private message re: meetings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.