Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (YYZGIRL), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444205 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#11061 - 08/18/06 08:24 PM Re: Food
Jaysen Offline

ste, you're smart and tricky \:\)

I remember one time I snuck downstairs in the middle of the night, there was a big bowl of
leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge, I was
so fucking hungry I ate almost the entire bowl.

Then I was horrified because they're going to notice that so much of it is missing right?
So I poured a bunch of sugar, flour, basically anything and everything I could find in the kitchen that was white back into the bowl and mixed it all around to fill it back up again.

Of course the next night they found out, holy shit did I get a beating for that! But I'll tell you what, it was worth it, at least that night I went back to sleep with food in my stomach!

#11062 - 08/18/06 08:34 PM Re: Food
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Jay,

yeah I remember doing stuff like that, and its funny how they know \:\)

My brother would not get into the same car as an uncooked chicken or a fish that wasnt boxed up.
That goes back to when I would take the feathers off the bird.

My dad would take its the rest out of it, then cook it, same with fish, I would fillet it before the meal.

He would not eat anything that he thought had been alive sometime.
He cant cook, and would die in a house full of food.

I love the mash thing, and would love to have seen their faces when they tucked into it \:\)

ste

#11063 - 08/18/06 08:52 PM Re: Food
Jaysen Offline

Yeah it was actually pretty funny, I remember the old man taking a big mouthfull and spitting it right out on the table, yelling at my mother something like "what are you trying to kill me woman!?"

Hey I'm with your brother, I can't cook either! The microwave is my best friend \:\)

#11064 - 08/18/06 09:30 PM Re: Food
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

It's interesting to see the way you refer to the really terrifying times of your youth and then jump to an observation about the present. Do you see what that's all about? You're getting the idea that while we have to come to terms with the past, at the end of the day it's only in the here and now that we can really face things and do something about them.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.