Newest Members
R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6, Johnnygolightly, Stormchaser
12318 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12318 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#10284 - 05/10/03 03:33 PM Re: The Wolf Pack
JonathanKhonsu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
yo, catch up on your mythology and folklore. The origional werewolf legends were mostly of 'good' werewolfs. These legends origionated mostly from a section in france. Irland had werecats. There were other werebeast stories from all around the world, but the werewolf we know and love today origionated from france. I'll try to find an online copy of some of the myths. Mostly it was people (usually a man) who were cursed to become a wolf. He usually made the best of a bad situation by saving the kingdom. Later the stories evolved into 'bad' wolves. I like though to remember the origional 'good' wolf.

#10285 - 05/10/03 04:04 PM Re: The Wolf Pack
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Johnathan:

Actually I was just quoting stuff I found on the web.

But I really appreciate you sharing that.

I also find it interesting that none of the several sites I checked mentioned these good were-wolves, where it all started.

This however does fit the pattern with wolves in literature fiction or non-fiction: starts out with some good stories about wolves, then piles on
the "big bad wolf" ones until the good stories about good wolves, which are actually far closer to the truth, get buried.

And there's another to add to the list of reasons why the wolf makes such an excellent mascot for male survivors! Thanks for pointing that out, brother Johnathan!

Victor

#10286 - 05/10/03 07:09 PM Re: The Wolf Pack
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Guys - I seem to remember reading about the mythical werewolf being used in early times to scare young children to stay out of the woods and remain close to home. The fear was instilled because children were disappearing or being found murdered in the woods. Sounds like the way they protected their children from "predators".

I really like and support thinking of us like a wolf pack!! Thanks for enlightening me about the wolf!!

Howard

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.