Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#10194 - 10/04/02 05:59 PM Accountability
Silent1NOmore Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Well, it's been several weeks since I visited this site. I wrote a letter today to the district attorney over the county/state where the abuse took place. I want to know if I'm legally obligated to report the pedophile's name to the DA on the chance abuse could still be going on with other children. I don't know what I will do next. But I do know I want the SOB held accountable.

#10195 - 10/04/02 06:48 PM Re: Accountability
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
That's probably the bravest thing you'll ever do,and I wish I had the strength to do the same.

I keep making excuses and I dont know why

Feel proud of yourself.
Lloydy

#10196 - 10/05/02 01:39 PM Re: Accountability
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
Silent1nomore
It is a brave step to take.

Most requirements for reporting abuse are governed by state laws concerning mandated reporters such as therapists, social workers and teachers. I know of no law that says a victim has to report it.

Of course it raises the moral question of whether reporting it might prevent some future kid from being abused.

In choosing to report, I think it is important to look at your own needs first, i.e.: are you ready to disclose and how will that effect you

Then weigh that against the urgency of going after the abuser, i.e.: how likely it is that the abuser will continue his abuse, his access to kids, his age, record of continuing his abuse of others.

Sometimes pursuing our abuser just for revenge can be disappointing because it ultimately doesn't really help the pain we feel.

I don't have the answers, but these are my thoughts on it. Please keep in touch with us here. We need each other and to know that we are not alone.

....t

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.