Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (Scott1962, Going forward, 4 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444015 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#417726 - 11/30/12 06:53 AM I am getting tested for HIV
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Now that my SSA is well under my control and I know I will never hurt myself again I am afraid my past will come back to haunt me. It did not last long but it only takes one infected partner...I just hope I am not HIV+ I feel like that would be him winning and laughing at me whilst doing it. I am feeling pretty low and scared this morning and could really use encouragement : /

#417731 - 11/30/12 07:46 AM Re: I am getting tested for HIV [Re: Publius]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hang on Publius,
you were so brave, hopefully everything will be alright.
I'm so proud on you man, it takes a lot of courage to collide directly with own destructive past.You have my hat off because of that!
I'm praying for the best possible outcome!

Pero

#417753 - 11/30/12 10:59 AM Re: I am getting tested for HIV [Re: Publius]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
The test came back negative thank God. I am happy they have public health facilities for things like this and it was a real pleasure to see the results of voting for such levies. Although no one from around here will read this THANK YOU to all my fellow citizens for voting in measures that make these facilities possible!

#417754 - 11/30/12 11:05 AM Re: I am getting tested for HIV [Re: Publius]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Wow man, that is so GREAT NEWS man smile
I'm near tears man, I know how difficult can be waiting alone and thinking on many different things about self from the past and not in the most positive way.
This is awesome victory ((((Publius)))), you are inspiration for all of us!

Pero

#417755 - 11/30/12 11:08 AM Re: I am getting tested for HIV [Re: Publius]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am happy for you. It takes a burden off your shoulders. Stay healthy

#417757 - 11/30/12 11:32 AM Re: I am getting tested for HIV [Re: KMCINVA]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I heard a broadcast report which claims to document a great increase in HIV. The speaker was a scientist, representing a report in the prestigious journal, Science. He emphasized that the heaviest burden was among young black (afro-americans) in Mississippi in the age group of 15 - 23. He carefully avoided the word "abuse", but apparently young blacks are "recruited" in their socio-economic class by the older guys. He didn't really put this slant on it, saying that they were just all in there together and that the young ones just became mixed up in sex with the older guys.

He said that the difficult part was that they just didn't know what was happening and that they were ignorant about being tested for HIV. He claimed that they were too naive to go to the pharmacist to ask for condoms.

I think this is a reference in Science.

(sorry, I'm out of time and I'll have to do this later)

If you Google: PBS in HIV you'll get lots of hits.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=PBS+on+HIV&oq=PBS+on+HIV

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/30/12 11:40 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.