Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (manipulated), 18 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447638 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#405755 - 08/03/12 07:51 PM Mr. Rogers "Garden of your mind" Vid
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Ran across this gem a few months ago. Liked it so much I run it on headphones when I work outside. Love the words. Love the music. Really gets the happy, carefree emotions going...and INNOCENCE.

Turn it up. Use headphones or a nice pair of speakers so you can lose yourself in it.

When I think of an adult with whom my child would feel absolutely safe, Fred Rogers is the one. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzXaFbxDcM

(The MP3 download is a little tricky because its one of those "share" sites that will try to install an unrelated program. Only click on the SMALL blue "download" button, NOT the large one. File extension should be mp3. If it shows as exe, dump it). http://www.2shared.com/audio/AfHj-nuF/Mister_Rogers_Remixed_-_Garden.html

#405760 - 08/03/12 08:24 PM Re: Mr. Rogers "Garden of your mind" Vid [Re: Lancer]
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pennsylvania
Lancer, I couldn't agree with you more. My wife & kids keep asking me why I walk around the house singing that "weird song". Just a quiet smile, like a shared secret between me & little Paul, and I keep on singing. It DOES make me feel safe.

"Did you feel like going like that?"

Edited by GoHomeAgain (08/03/12 08:25 PM)

#405771 - 08/03/12 09:10 PM Re: Mr. Rogers "Garden of your mind" Vid [Re: GoHomeAgain]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Funny you mention the quiet smile. I probably look like a complete moron when I'm mowing the lawn, grinning and quiety singing it. Tell the wife you found someone who's as "off" as you ;-)

#405807 - 08/04/12 06:00 AM Re: Mr. Rogers "Garden of your mind" Vid [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
This is great. HUGE Thanks Lancer for sharing with us so positive vibe smile !
Pero

#409520 - 09/08/12 05:22 PM Re: Mr. Rogers "Garden of your mind" Vid [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mr. Rogers autotune is often still my company on the headphones outdoors. For some reason, my mind has lately been substituting words, however. I think it's one of those warped things only us MS could appreciate:

"...let's give the fish some food."
"...let's give the perp some food." wtf is up w/that? shocked

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.