Newest Members
Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy
12338 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (Aptrick, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12338 Members
74 Forums
63430 Topics
443428 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#382788 - 01/19/12 01:11 AM Temporary oasis
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
I am at peace – good feeling – can’t remember the last time I felt it. I know it’s not the final destination, but it’s a welcome way-station along the way.

It was a 7-tissue session. The end of the “hour” came and went and the T let me keep on going and going. It was nearly two full real-time hours before we finished. That was a gift. I felt like a dam had burst and there were emotions pouring out in frightening and yet satisfying intensity and force. Felt both very hard and very good to just let go and let er rip! I don’t know what was the switch that turned it on. I was super uptight and jittery going in and just tired of the whole thing. The T said that may have been a key – tired of fighting = ready to change the pattern. Not that it was a conscious choice…

Weird thing was – the moaning and sobbing and gut-wrenching gasps and red streaming eyes and snotty running nose felt just the same when I was reacting at different times to the agony of abuse by my step-father, grief of rejection by my mother, joy of my kids’ and wife’s love or hope for the future. Just like I said earlier about the SOUP - all the emotions seemed the same. BUT --- this time it wasn’t that they were all equally flat and dead and colorless. This time I was FEELING the emotions! I just couldn’t tell WHICH emotion it was I was feeling. My T says it will all eventually come into focus if I keep letting myself enter the experience. I just need practice.

When it was over, I felt refreshed and renewed and almost cleansed – lighter and more relaxed and less tense than I have been in months! I scooped up those disgusting wads of tissue and invented a little ritual by dropping each separately into the trash – stating that I was consciously and intentionally throwing away all the denial and repression and mis-naming and fear and rejection of emotional expression and experience.

I walked out of the office as though floating on air. I just wanted to savor the moment - or hour - or day… and hope I don’t do anything to screw it up. So far so good. I know there will be tough times ahead. But now I at least have hope that it can get better. This is a milestone I can identify and remember.

Wishing you ALL an oasis!
Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#382791 - 01/19/12 02:10 AM Re: Temporary oasis [Re: traveler]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm in a bad mood these days and your words brought some smiles to my face. Your words are really oasis in world of desert ;-)!!!!
Great job Traveler!
Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.