Newest Members
MyComebackIsNow, Defr91, GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35
12559 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Nate (32), ShadowPianoman (43), Siegfried NYC (64)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12559 Members
73 Forums
64461 Topics
450267 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mourning our lost child by myrlin @ 01/26/15 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManI cannot change my past but I can change the way I respond to it. Its taken me a long time to learn this simple, but hard to do, truth. Part of doing this has been for me to reprogram the old negative tapes - just t
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 01/26/15 06:37 PM

Papa Roach: "Lifeline" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZNNzDUCgk "Lifeline" When I was a boy I didn't care about a thing It was me and this world and a broken dream I was blaming myself For all that was goin' wrong I was way o
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by Jay1946 @ 01/26/15 05:27 PM

I think anger with God is something that many of us csa survivors experience. I certainly have. I was doing Step 3 in a 12 step process: "Made a Decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand him." and I j
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "Conform or be cast out." by bluesky @ 01/26/15 04:36 PM

I completely get this. I n my world the people around me think that I am very different and I dont fit in with others. Even though I can except the diversity or sameness of others. I have a hard time finding people that have open minds on many subjec
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Boston Area Group? by DiplayName @ 01/26/15 02:20 PM

Hi Bloom, The BARCC.org just had me do an intake (simple interview process in person) . They are starting a new male group in the Spring (they thing) and offer free individualized therapy (and groups are free as well). Best of luck...
Poetry
be forewarned i bite back
Poetry
Jump to new posts Arrogance by OCN @ 01/26/15 08:30 AM

And now i know that it was arrogance all the way along Making me feel weak while i actually am so strong Creating a story in which i had to deny myself It let you to rule my world, me hidden in a shelf Full of self-defeat and despair, battered up by
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Does This Ever Get You Annoyed? by newground @ 01/26/15 04:28 AM

I agree totally.some of my early abusers were part of a pack of females. the first time was the oldest daughter then in time to come her mother would babysit and we were left there in the belly of the beast with two others. I believe they were all mo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is "Recovery" Always the Best Way Forward? by NoSimpleMachine @ 01/26/15 03:38 AM

What you're describing as internalization I have taken to calling "habilitation" (from Ken Singer's book); the idea being: if people who are traumatized or injured as adults "rehabilitate" in order to get back to what they know i
Jump to new posts Re: Other religions than god centered. by don64 @ 01/26/15 02:29 AM

Hi Little big man, This is a spiritual forum for everyone. I am sorry you are not getting the respect and support you and everyone deserve for the right to choose what, who, and how you worship, or not. This site is not only for Christians, and is
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Brotherly Love by Shyshark @ 01/26/15 01:31 AM

Sadly a family is not what we make of it ... it's made of that over which we have no control. In other words ... we're stuck with it. This family we choose ... and this family chooses us. In other words ... no other words are needed.
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Looking for a survivors of CSA Group NJ by bluesky @ 01/26/15 12:39 AM

Looking for a survivors of CSA group in south or central NJ. If any body has info can you let me know thanks. Bluesky
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Some times there is a happy ending. by bluesky @ 01/26/15 12:32 AM

I was very inspired by this story. It gives me hope that there are good people in this world and we need more like them. Bluesky
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: My Karma trying to understand **may Trigger** by bluesky @ 01/25/15 08:50 PM

Thanks for posting. IT is sad that this is how it is. I just want to say that it feels like I'm being drained of my strength when I need it the most. I am trying to just take each moment for what it is and say to my self it not your doing you did not
Jump to new posts Re: Stay Focused by victor-victim @ 01/25/15 04:29 PM

excellent. thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cant shake off feeling like a fraud by Bardo @ 01/25/15 04:24 PM

Here's how bad it is: I was chatting with a fellow MS member early this morning, and we were talking about this sense of guilt/fraud about our abuse. I was 11 when mine occurred, so yeah you can see how I might feel involved (although we know its not
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you brothers... by Shyshark @ 01/25/15 04:09 PM

Damn ... sorry sunwolf ... That was supposed to be preceded by my telling you how much I liked your poem. It's great.
Jump to new posts Re: Is there a God? by little big man @ 01/25/15 03:56 PM

I enjoy meditating and keeping my mind silent
Jump to new posts Re: Where is God in the Midst of the Suffering? by little big man @ 01/25/15 03:55 PM

Buddhism's eightfold path is the way out of suffering as it says in the four noble truths. If your thinking makes you suffer this path teches you how to do something about it. All suffering begines btween the ears. How we think, stories we make. wha
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Normal by vrocotamy @ 01/25/15 03:20 PM

Not in general, but I am still occasionally made uncomfortable by the rhetoric surrounding gay men, male-male sex, etc. on these forums. It's less when people talk about their own experiences with confusion around sexual identity, than when people in
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.