Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442120 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Another Man's Crime by victor-victim @ 07/28/14 09:20 AM

came across this survivor poetry and i wanted to share it here. it is disturbing and may trigger so please be careful. Another Man's Crime I didn't have a choice He forced his way into me Innocence stolen by the thief Stained with the remains of
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Sharing an interesting long term friendship by SamV @ 07/28/14 08:48 AM

Rhett and Link are a couple of guys who do a talk show on Youtube. These two have been friends since 1st grade and share their relationship with their listeners. I have often wondered what a healthy, supportive friendship would be like and have vicar
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by wild_turky @ 07/28/14 05:39 AM

I have been angry for a long time and as it diminishes I don't feel like I'm left with a lot. I feel more empty and miss the strength of being angry. I don't believe that it ever was more dominant than love and hope for they to kept me alive and gave
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Shame: why I'm here by victor-victim @ 07/28/14 12:46 AM

welcome back, fhorns. no fault. no blame. no guilt. no shame. banish those negative thoughts. give them no quarter. “Shame derives its power from being unspeakable.” - Brené Brown break the silence. kill the shame. "Shared pain i
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finally feeling whole by irishguym @ 07/28/14 12:24 AM

Thanks guys, Ultimately time is one of the few 'truly' important things we have in this world it's such a shame to use it in a way that further inflicts suffering on ourselves. As someone who has vocally stood up and fought for others rights to l
Jump to new posts the CHANGELING by victor-victim @ 07/27/14 11:49 PM

Here is another one to add to the list. This movies created a very intense, unpleasant and deep reaction in me. The titles gave me no warning, and I was lured in by the big names. I thought I was going to see a remake of The Changeling from 1980
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Urges by brother2none @ 07/27/14 10:35 PM

There is some research out there that abuse affects portions of the brain, the hippocampus, if I recall correctly, that affects sexual stimulation etc... Might be worth a look. There may be a physical basis for the changes you feel.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania by brother2none @ 07/27/14 09:52 PM

Continuing to hammer away at the abuser through the legal process. He has basically admitted to the abuse, the threats, etc.. by failing to respond at all to court filings. I have connected the dots to some additional possible victims. I have unco
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still Wowed...WoR Chester, CT by victor-victim @ 07/27/14 04:16 PM

nothing i could see in the vancouver, bc, kanada zone. scarce recovery resources up here in the great north. --------------notes----------------------------- British Columbia provincial population: 4.61 million (2.46 live in the greater vanc
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Daily Meditation by victor-victim @ 07/27/14 02:29 PM

thoughts for today... Give us this day our daily bread. Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: appropriate for a wife to confront husband's perp? by victor-victim @ 07/27/14 01:54 PM

confronting the spouses abuser? very risky and may cause stress for the survivor. it may be viewed as a breach of trust if the disclosure was meant to be private. could backfire without professional guidance. probably best to get the spouses per
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt and stuff by Nothing Man @ 07/27/14 01:49 PM

TXB, please remember that you are not alone on this website. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder years ago and while there is a genetic component to it there is also an environmental factor as well. I am no expert but I think that is tru
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by Nothing Man @ 07/27/14 01:38 PM

Bob, what a wonderful post.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Its Never Too Late to Have a Great Childhood by randombreeze @ 07/27/14 01:18 PM

Thought provoking concept(parenting oneself) and so relevant to my own journey moving forward. Many years of self loathing, while at the same time being the best parent I knew how to for my now three grown, and successful children, left me still de
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My view- trigger warning by Jonathan64 @ 07/27/14 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: LilacLouieHmmm. You know something, I didn't have much a childhood because of the traumas. I have to agree with LilacLourie. I stoped being a child when I was 4 due to the start of my sexual traumas. I wouldnt really know whe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Things boys discover by Jonathan64 @ 07/27/14 11:23 AM

I remember when I was 6 I decided painting my brother's bicycle with my sister's tube of hot pink lipstick. But be careful with that one. Both siblings might wana kill you for that. (Not litteral kill, Just really really mad at little brother) Age 5
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Supplementary Income. (WAY off topic.) by fhorns @ 07/27/14 11:22 AM

BF, I'll PM you. I've had ideas, have some plans, but honestly--don't want to be in it alone. Thanks for asking for help. I'm searching too.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: surviving life's challenges by don64 @ 07/27/14 01:29 AM

I had a health scare two days ago. It happened in public, and I was in an extremely vulnerable place. Events forced me to go to a level of vulnerability I have always gone to great extremes to avoid--asking for help. Being forced to immerse myself
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: LEE 83 has a problem with humor and taking jokes by victor-victim @ 07/26/14 08:04 PM

"Humour is one of the best ingredients of survival." ~ Aung San Suu Kyi Aung San Suu Kyi has been placed under house arrest in Burma for over 15 years, on numerous occasions, since 1989, because of her refusal to stay silent. She i
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: laugh at this one nothing of the sort happened by Bluedogone @ 07/26/14 03:37 PM

Long ago, before there was zero tolerance for ANY kind of weapon in school it was common to have either beebees, marbles or ball bearings to play with. So this story made the rounds: A little boy brought some tiny ball bearings to school and was rol
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Any mothers here? by gaatt @ 07/26/14 02:30 PM

I would like to know if there are any mothers here who believe they hurt their male child in youth and/or have had a son who believes he was sexually abused by his mother.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers by BuffaloCO @ 07/26/14 11:53 AM

I keep finding new songs that are not actually new, except when you get new eyes to see them, and new ears for listening too. I love this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwjTT2bqKk0
Introductions
Dear Seeking Wisdom, Many of us are in the same shoes...middleaged...spent a lifetime trying to surpress the pain and shame...tried drugs and/or alcohol to escape it....and now unable to deny it any longer,finding the emotions overwhelming, and fina
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/canadian-tourist-raped-robbed-man-he-met-grindr120414 Canadian tourist raped, robbed by man he met on Grindr Sexually assaulted at gunpoint, then taken to five nearby ATMs to withdraw cash 12 APRIL 2014 Surveillan
Jump to new posts Affirmations by victor-victim @ 07/26/14 02:27 AM

here is another great book which formed part of my survival strategy. http://www.stuartwilde.com/books/affirmations/ AFFIRMATIONS, by Stuart Wilde, is not just a collection of nice words to say to yourself, but serves as a magnificent battle-pl
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.