Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
3 registered (highflight, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 2 weeks of slipping by kcinohio @ 09/25/14 07:36 PM

Hi Lee, Sorry that the past couple of weeks have been tough, but glad things are turning around. Triggers can still happen, but I've found more of them get easier to handle over time if I'm taking care of myself in the interim.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just told my family about my abuse by OCN @ 09/25/14 05:33 PM

Nice to get your feedback NSM! Cause i recognize a lot of what is going on in my life. It seems that codependency is present a lot within families. Only is it regarded as somewhat normal in everyday society - its not something you discuss with your f
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Shell-shocked by LuckyCharm @ 09/25/14 05:22 PM

Hello, I'm new here but I've been lurking a long time…so I'm going to just jump right in. I feel a bit shell-shocked. My h has been working really hard on his therapy. He's done all the hard work his T has asked him to do and has made tremendous
Humor
Jump to new posts amazing home remedies by Nothing Man @ 09/25/14 05:03 PM

AMAZING SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES: THESE REALLY WORK!! 1. TO AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES, GET SOMEONE ELSE TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP. 2. GUYS, TO AVOID ARGUMENTS WITH THE FEMALES ABOUT LIFTING THE TOILET SEAT- USE THE SIN
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New guy by Bardo @ 09/25/14 03:51 PM

Frm73, I am new here too. The more I read, the more I am beginning to understand the breadth and depth of the damage that was done to me. Keep reading, and post when you feel able. I will be reading, and your hard work may get me to the point where I
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Thank You by traveler @ 09/25/14 03:26 PM

Welcome, LuckyCharm! may your sojourn here be healing and beneficial to both you and your H. i hope that he is able to join us, too one day. these forums have been of immeasurable help to me in my journey. a veritable life-line. i am sure that you
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: For the first time I am writing "my story" by Bardo @ 09/25/14 02:13 PM

I am new here. But I sense the desperation in your post. Please know that there are many many of us here, and that we are all pulling for you. No Man is an Island. The words you have said are the truth, and truth doesn't care whether or not it is bel
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: There'ss comfort knowing I'm not alone by Bardo @ 09/25/14 01:10 PM

Lumpy For my very first post on these boards, I wish you peace. May you walk among friends along the path of recovery. I will be a few steps behind you.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Poem 57 by dark empathy @ 09/25/14 11:16 AM

Look down, look down, there's nothing up ahead, Look down, look down, there's hatred where you tread. The sun, will shine, as gold as any love, Look down, look down, there's no sun up above, I've done, no wrong, sweet jesus hear my prayer, Look do
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mothers heart attack - now I'm confused by traveler @ 09/25/14 06:45 AM

tbk - i get it. funny - it is so much easier for me to see the truth of the situation when it concerns someone else instead of me! to clarify things a bit: your mother's current health status does not change the damage she did to you when you were
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dear Diary by traveler @ 09/25/14 05:19 AM

oh, si... if i were your teacher, i would quickly try to contact you to see if you were in immediate danger from the abuser or from your own action. and then if you were a minor, i would contact the authorities to let them know that a crime had bee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Public to the rescue! ****TRIGGERS***** by TJ jeff @ 09/24/14 10:38 PM

Quote: "Got him nuts once, I noticed." (with his pants down!) if anyone is still in doubt that this was abuse - that should settle it! my mother did the same thing to me once - I remember how big it swelled up and how it took months for
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ 09/24/14 09:08 PM

Hey jaybro In real life only my wife, a good friend that got me here and my family physician who I had to explain my mutilated arm (cutting) and my drinking. Of course there is my T and shrink. There are a couple of guys who I consider very close fr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What does it mean to be a friend? by Ocellaris @ 09/24/14 10:41 AM

Chase Eric -- Thanks. You've really given me something to think about. finallyhere -- Overthink life, sometimes? How about all the time? Overthinking is exactly what keeps my life from moving forward. Making life simple is my goal!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Skipped work today. why? Spilling thoughts by bluesky @ 09/24/14 09:25 AM

frohons All I can say is that I like you belived that I did not deserve a life of my own choosing. I belived thAt I was pawn a toy to be used by others to the extent that I had to end it all becouse that is what they programmed me to belive. It too
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck by PhoenixRising @ 09/24/14 08:10 AM

You are welcome. I am only passing on what was done for me. I hope that CVTC has a place for you. They were excellent. If for someone reason there is a roadblock, keep at it. I love this clip from LOTR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soe8ayi3ScE I
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: True Female Pedophile by lostc @ 09/24/14 05:16 AM

Hi don64. thank you for the comment, I don't want to derail the topic or anything. I'm sorry that happened to you it is terrible. I'll keep thinking about what you wrote. Half of why I think like this is because I find it impossible to know or decide
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My dad? To disclose or not? by traveler @ 09/24/14 04:52 AM

AK - this is a tough one. i identify with your desire for a closer relationship with your dad. but i wonder if that is even attainable. i have known a couple of people with Aspergers and have read about it quite a bit. one of the biggest traits is
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: If I could meet myself as a young boy... by bluesky @ 09/24/14 01:09 AM

Andrew Your OK strong so strong. Thanks for sharing. Im just siting here crying thank you. Thank you for letting us in.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by bluesky @ 09/24/14 12:36 AM

To all my brothers and facilitators from the Alta weekend thank you I could not have made it with out all of you. This song is how I feel right now. My hope is we all feel like this the rest of our lives. Keep your heads up strong.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: lawyer jokes by Still @ 09/24/14 12:28 AM

Attorney Jones died. He arrived at the Pearly Gates to be greeted by St Peter. St Peter looked down at his clipboard of new arrivals and exclaimed "WOW...we don't see many 165 year-old people up hear." Atty Jones said "What? No! T
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: healing through forgiveness by OCN @ 09/23/14 05:16 PM

Thanks for sharing Lee! Recognize the part of being programmed. In my view it's being hijacked by the perpetrator and victim in your mind, which play out their endless game of blame and suffering. In my case i struggle to set my brother aside from t
Survivors of Female Abuse
So this is just to get out some thoughts I've been thinking about. I always wonder about if I what I want to post about is important enough to post about, but I guess it won't do any harm to post. It may be a bit of a ramble so bear in mind. I've be
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Wed. Sept. 24, 2014 by Anomalous @ 09/23/14 02:17 PM

Hi Guys, Out of consideration for those celebrating Rosh Hashana, the Healing Circle will be cancelled for Wednesday, September 24, 2014. Anomalous
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.