Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Nothing Man, 4 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64170 Topics
447791 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Disassociated memories... by Nothing Man @ 12/18/14 03:45 PM

What I do not understand is WHY my mother did the things to me she did. Was there a sign on my head saying, "Abuse me"? The only real memories I have of my mother is her sexually abusing me -- touching and feeling -- and hitting me. She
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Cedar Park, Texas by Chase Eric @ 12/18/14 01:27 PM

It is worth noting that while there is certainly no argument that the court has the final official word, we all know that there exists a court of public opinion. While the news media may not call an accused a "rapist", such distinction amo
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: An interesting cartoon from the web about shame by sugarbaby @ 12/18/14 09:09 AM

I got that too! I never thought of the self blame that way. That enlightened me a lot about why he blamed himself, self loathing, etc.
Discussion Board Questions
Vivo, You have placed your post in a forum that is only for questions about use of the board...sort of "tech questions." I'ver got some answers for you that I will send via a Private Message. You'll see a little red envelope flashing on t
Family and Friends
Thanks InsideTheWall I'm very glad I came back to MS tonight and did some reading up. I'm especially glad I clicked on this post. It's a great reminder of where I was just 5 months ago, wow! I suppose it's as if I made an entry in my own diary, an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: AFB on FaceBook by Bluedogone @ 12/18/14 06:14 AM

I think it makes a LOT of sense. When I first heard that one of my abusers was dead, I for a long while wanted to maybe dig him up and kill him again. It was a good mental exercise (for me). But I believe this type thinking is all about trying to re
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Take Back My Image by BuffaloCO @ 12/17/14 10:22 PM

We can find a way to say NO, that is how they defined me. It is not who I am, not how I see my self, not a label I will accept anymore on me. I know I am not, was not and never will be defined by them. The only way I know to fight back is to speak
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: US tortured people -- triggers by Nothing Man @ 12/17/14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Still Don't wanna be tortured? Don't be a terrorist. Just remember who we are up against. Sydney - Right now! 50 minutes from me I'm getting bloody tired of these animals. They rape children wholesale too! Th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting The Natural Order by Obi @ 12/17/14 10:43 AM

Still, you are correct in that survivors are not blessed angels that can do whatever we want without consequences. However, as a kid you did what you had to do to survive. Your thoughts were that of a kid and not that of a mature adult. What put you
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Doylestown PA Group Celebrating 1 Year Anniversary by GoHomeAgain @ 12/17/14 04:10 AM

We still exist! Join us if you're in the area! PM or call me for more information. we'd love to have you! Paul
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Peer Support Group in Doylestown, PA by GoHomeAgain @ 12/17/14 04:05 AM

Just a reminder that we exist! PM me for more information. If you're in the area, join us! Paul
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Philadelphia? by GoHomeAgain @ 12/17/14 04:03 AM

Nate, I founded a group three years ago in Doylestown, in Bucks County. We are on a short hiatus, but we are about to regroup and start meeting weekly again. PM me for more information. I'll keep you posted. Paul
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: A message to us all. by Shyshark @ 12/16/14 06:56 PM

A beautiful sentiment ... and a very difficult one to achieve. I wish it for all of us.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Are psychologists actually worth the money? by victor-victim @ 12/16/14 04:35 PM

A psychiatrist was conducting a group therapy session with four young mothers and their small children. "You all have obsessions," he observed. To the first mother he said, "You are obsessed with eating. You even named your daughter C
Moving Forward: Research Studies
Jump to new posts Online study of early sexual experiences by Chris Anderson @ 12/16/14 04:30 PM

Are you male between the ages of 18 to 59? Did you have any sexual experiences in childhood or adolescence? If so, you may be eligible to participate in an on-line research study being conducted at the University of Ottawa. Early sexual experiences
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Chopping Block by victor-victim @ 12/16/14 02:39 PM

triggers galore. plenty of maxi power packed into mini poem.
Poetry
Jump to new posts #fucktherapy by victor-victim @ 12/16/14 02:34 PM

there once was a csa male who repeatedly wound up in jail. his chief occupation was self medication, which left him no money for bail. the survivor of childhood abuse had a bad case of therapy blues. " the doctors are nice, but i can'
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt and Infidelity and Confusion by Jay1159 @ 12/16/14 11:30 AM

Bloom, I'm wondering if you have been able to someone you can talk to in person. I think this would also help explore some of the deeper issues that Rustam had outlined (guilt and shame, poor sexual boundaries, self-sabotage). I think it's imp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Delusional or Disassociation fears by KMCINVA @ 12/16/14 07:54 AM

KCinOhio I agree therapy is extremely helpful in getting dissociation under control. I remember spacing out so many times and people would startle me. Your comment "Sometimes, I would have welcomed the escape as I was going through the painfu
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Shell-shocked by Lumpy @ 12/16/14 06:25 AM

Hi My name on here is Lumpy You wrote... "I was wondering if those who have struggled with or supported someone with traumatic amnesia, complex trauma, etc might be able to offer any advice? Thank You" I am a 46 year old Male who is Diagn
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I've been going to Therapy. by learning2remember @ 12/16/14 03:01 AM

Thanks for the update, carperson. Every sign of progress is a good thing, including the ability to recognise progress. When you say you don't talk much about the abuse with anyone and that that seems ok, I would just say that it IS ok. Talking abou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: how to approach the sibling by carperson @ 12/16/14 12:02 AM

I know how you feel. I have never told my sibling much and I don't know if I can. I am afraid that he will judge me or be hurt. My sibling was also abused, but I guess it's the guilt. But, I do feel that you do feel you need to talk. I guess I don't
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Robert W. Service by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 09:21 PM

you are very welcome. it feels good to know i am not alone. together we share appreciation. i do like this one a lot. it never gets old. wish the same was true for me
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: mantra by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 09:17 PM

glad you guys like it. it means a lot to me.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: an epithet for empty skies by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 09:07 PM

now that is venting. unfiltered. pure. raw. anger as an artform. i can't argue. i just hope you are feeling better. no man can live well in anger. i found it a very unhealthy lifestyle. all those years i harboured hatred, i only added inj
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.