Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 66 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* by nuriah @ 04/15/14 07:02 PM

My mother *hasn't* talked to me about her abuse - we only really have best guesses at it. Aside from the obvious (her having abused me), she has many of the telltales of childhood abuse, including telling very, very few stories of her childhood. Our
U.S. & World News
No, actually, it's just *not* that complicated. I've followed many child molestation cases in the news, and in *every* case that's made the news that I've read about, there are plenty of "people" who come out of the woodwork to accuse the
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Hurting by JayBro @ 04/15/14 12:38 PM

Thank you for sharing your poetry with us. I am sorry to read it, but I do not think that your vulnerability from being abused makes you what you convinced yourself you were based on what your dad said. Both men have done tremendous damage to you as
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I quit by bey @ 04/15/14 12:02 PM

thanks lee yeah, i will think about it. and no, i won't quit entirely. ben
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers by victor-victim @ 04/15/14 10:58 AM

this all sounds very positive. glad to hear you are feeling better. always happy to hear good news.
Jump to new posts Re: Salvation and The CSA Boy by victor-victim @ 04/15/14 10:55 AM

dear still. very inspired piece of writing, i agree, i'm tired of fighting. amen, brother.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: SSA, Imprinting, Orientation and Addiction by don64 @ 04/15/14 09:50 AM

Hi Litourski, I've always known I'm gay. At 64, I grew up in a time and region of the U. S. (rural south) where being gay was so not ok, dangerous even. Even in the big city of Atlanta in the 70's gays would be viciously attacked in parks when cru
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sadness over right decision by don64 @ 04/15/14 09:13 AM

Hi kcinohio, I have just read your post for the third time. It has been an area of difficulty my entire life. And, I have had some difficulty coming to a direct response. Triggers anyone??? But, here goes. For me, I was so damaged so early that
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just giving something better by peroperic2009 @ 04/15/14 06:48 AM

Hey Luke, warm welcome back to you I'm very happy to see you here! I'll download and listen your song later as I am at my work at the moment. I'm sure you did it very well! Pero
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: SSA and Sexual Orientation by pufferfish @ 04/15/14 01:50 AM

Maybe I need to apologize for continuing my rant. The reason I posted in this thread is that, as my memory clears, I think they were very interested in my sexuality. They were even interested in distorting my sexuality. The memories come together a
Family and Friends
Yeah Lucy! Things are going well on my end as well! Miss you!
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Weight loss plateau tips? by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/14/14 08:40 PM

olivia, Have you changed up your exercise routine lately? Variety often helps kickstart the metabolism. I am down a foot in off my waistline, since I started 8 months ago. Was done mostly by adding different types of cardio twice a week. I think
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: first post...scared and alone by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/14/14 07:43 PM

PerseveringDaily, Great handle, for that is what we are all doing. Welcome to MS, I too am a newcomer here. I wish this was available back when I started my therapy journey in 88. Everyones recovery is a personal voyage, that does not mean we mus
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Male Survivor Book Club? by innervoice @ 04/14/14 03:26 PM

I am also interested. I am open to the PTSD book as well, but fine with anything. I think this could be a great group.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to move forward? by DavoSwim @ 04/14/14 01:55 PM

Dan99 Thank you for posting your question, explaining your situation, and asking for help. I know that you are seeking answers for your own life, but in addition, you are helping so many other guys who are seeking an answer to the same question, but
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Perpetually Healing/Supposed To by iamnotbubba @ 04/14/14 11:19 AM

A new post. Please read "Supposed To" Supposed To iamnotbubba
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody knows/try hormone therapy????? by pufferfish @ 04/14/14 12:43 AM

Another thing I worry about is estrogens or estrogen - related substances in our foods. It's difficult to get good information on this because various sources seem to contradict each other. The food from cans (or tins in G.B.) may have some amount
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by nltsaved @ 04/13/14 08:28 PM

Church Service (notes) 4/13/2014 - RECOVERY Slavery :  The condition of being a slave; bondage; a condition of submission to or dominion by some influence, habit etc. Recovery: The act or an instance of recovering; specific; a regaining of somethi
Jump to new posts Re: Wh among you still believes in God? by On The Fringe @ 04/13/14 01:35 PM

I believe. I also people are free to do as they wish. There are consequences. A perv decides to groom a kid to be his sex toy, me. There are consequences of that CSA in my life. It messed me up for a bit. But I also believe it comes back to t
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: staying out of the loop by Airmid @ 04/13/14 09:46 AM

I just replied to your reply on my thread, and now see I am looking at his shame-anger loop. Thank you for this; the articles are spot-on.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Update: the not great and the amazing by Airmid @ 04/13/14 09:43 AM

After last night, I don't know that I want to do this any more. He's so angry. That, I understand. But I'm his dumping ground for all that is wrong with the world, and he always chooses date night. Any other time? He won't discuss it because he says
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: So Tired! by Airmid @ 04/13/14 09:34 AM

Let me know when you find that discussion method: that might be the magic key. I'm not drinking, but am also tired of being the scapegoat/dumping ground. I'm sorry I can't help, but I assure you I relate. Do you have plans to cut back on drinking a
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fred Phelps is Dead by lapchinj @ 04/12/14 11:30 PM

So much hate in one person. Just short of actually killing and torturing people I would rank him up there with other megalomaniacs such as hitler and stalin. The hate that came forth from that person and who led a few high level haters in his cabine
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: See a new therapist tomorrow. Yikes. by gettingstronger @ 04/12/14 10:49 PM

Hi Dave, Good for you. I'm glad it went well. It's tough enough disclosing all this to strangers the first time around, let alone a second. There's really nothing like a really understanding and compassionate therapist, in my opinion. I like your
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Hey ThisMan, Thank you for sharing with me your story and thank you for your kind words. I am so sorry to read about what you had to endure again when you were 50. I really do feel for you and I am saddened that it's just been so devastating and cri
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.