Newest Members
yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42, AndyLA
12639 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Andresito (28), cwstexas (57), orodo (51), tel_orod (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (kroi, finallyhere, LMG, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12639 Members
74 Forums
64892 Topics
453683 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts A letter to my old self by Tryingtolive @ 03/23/15 10:27 PM

Im writing this to my old self. Remember how fun life use to be? So many goals You had. So much ambition. All the friends you had? Never had to pretend to be happy. Never had to pretend nothing was wrong? Never had a worry in the world. How confident
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Glimpse by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 08:54 PM

very real trigger. i have had these moments. total panic and then running without a glance backward. that happened a lot when i was a teen, but random violence is still a part of my life. this world is a dangerous place, especially at night on p
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Oh My Soul by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 08:47 PM

WOW! you have really captured the mood and the moment. pure and plain. peace conquers pain. i really felt this one deeply. my soul to your soul. thank you, kellygtx.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Friendship by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 08:42 PM

love trumps a bad hand and triumphs in the end. thank you for this poem, arronb. i enjoy a happy ending. three cheers for the three brothers!
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Who's in chat? by Still @ 03/23/15 01:45 PM

VERY cool app!!! I HATED going into Chatroom and leaving abruptly for fear of causing any ill feelings.
U.S. & World News
I've been away from this site for awhile because of the usual life stuff but I've been following this UK thing on Reddit. WTF is going on in Britain? This is going to blow up just like the Church scandal and I can't wait.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Highs and lows by KMCINVA @ 03/23/15 08:00 AM

Tryingtolive Sorry you are going through a difficult time. We are here and we understand. You will find many people do not understand the emotions we live as we try to heal. Many claim to be understanding and compassionate people but on your journey
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Friend by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 07:22 AM

i love this! there is so much to see in mirrors. http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=434387#Post434387 Originally Posted By: LiriThe mirror shattered. Now it's you staring Right back at me. We stand uncertain,
Poetry
Jump to new posts The Impossible Dream - Joe Darion by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 07:10 AM

The Impossible Dream To dream the impossible dream To fight the unbeatable foe To bear with unbearable sorrow To run where the brave dare not go To right the unrightable wrong To love pure and chaste from afar To try when your arms are too weary To
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts My Father-My Abuser by Austin54 @ 03/23/15 06:51 AM

*** Triggers *** My father sexually abused me when I was a child of 6-7, he had me fondling his penis in the bathroom. He did that several times, until the last time I pulled HARD on it and twisted it and made him wince badly (I knew somehow that i
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Continuous Hurdles by Bluedogone @ 03/23/15 06:19 AM

Hi JayBro, This is a somewhat different take on what I now understand was the gist of your post. Ironically I misread your quote on triggers, and it triggered one of my most regrettable instances of acting out. Because it was on a small child, not
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New one for me related to my abuser by Austin54 @ 03/23/15 06:17 AM

Hi Rich, Very heavy topic. I told off my father for his abuse in a letter several years back. He also had abused my sister and my cousin too, and so probably many others. I was the only one who ever confronted him, and he said he was sorry and had
Poetry
Jump to new posts Lipman Bers by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 04:41 AM

Mathematics is very much like poetry. What makes a good poem - a great poem - is that there is a large amount of thought expressed in very few words. In this sense formulas like      or     &n
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by bey @ 03/22/15 05:45 PM

Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: DAD/SON Incest Sexual Fetish by Bluedogone @ 03/22/15 04:07 PM

Hi Mr. DeMilley, My question is about your book, which I read a couple of times. Do you think writing it helped (helps) in your recovery? Thanks Here's to continued healing - and peace CJ
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Non Verbal "NO" by Bluedogone @ 03/22/15 03:54 PM

Thanks much, Smart Shadow. Triggers just seem to go with the territory, so if you can recognize you're in that potential area you can sort of prepare. The "swimming lesson" memory wasn't on my list.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tension myositis syndrome (TMS) possible triggers by SmartShadow @ 03/22/15 01:09 PM

Hay Phoenix, so sorry to hear the level of pain and anger that little guy is in. Tough when his pain comes out in a way that is taking such a tole on you. I have a little guy in me that I am learning to spend the right kind of time and attention wi
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I found a song not from my time-1971 by Chase Eric @ 03/22/15 12:15 PM

Those lyrics are still perfect today. I love the echo in the vocals, and the guitar work is amazing. Thanks for this.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Marijuana by Nothing Man @ 03/22/15 11:11 AM

I too chose self-medication for several decades. I can honestly say that alcohol did as much damage to my life as did the CSA and the alcohol was my fault. At least now with a decade of sobriety I am seeing things a little more clearly.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts PARALLEL UNIVERSE by victor-victim @ 03/22/15 05:50 AM

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE The staggeringly complex LHC ‘atom smasher’ at the CERN centre in Geneva, Switzerland, will be fired up to its highest energy levels ever in a bid to detect - or
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by victor-victim @ 03/22/15 12:51 AM

just got a call from the insurance company two days ago and they have finally agreed that my shoulder injury is "consistent with causation" and i will be getting another assessment next week two enter a new physiotherapy program as well as
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Taste of a Little Boy's Trust by RichNewman @ 03/21/15 10:21 PM

Lee, That really means a lot to me, both as a survivor and as a writer. Thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: substitution by Nothing Man @ 03/21/15 05:35 PM

It is so nice to see some good news for a change!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: extinct instinct by victor-victim @ 03/21/15 04:53 PM

and i your feedback! “Traditional thinking about the principles that define rational behaviour in a social economy has been severely limited by the static nature of equilibrium theory. Evolutionary theory, on the other hand, implies that the sy
Poetry
Jump to new posts expresso manifesto by victor-victim @ 03/21/15 04:22 PM

i will exercise my right to write until they pry the pen out of my cold dead fingers. i will raise my voice, privately, publicly, peacefully, in protest to expose and oppose corruption until they tear out my tongue. i will speak and shout and swear
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.