Newest Members
brainstem, Serendipity, lionking, stymie, Broken1968
12545 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KW2X4 (51), PAS (45), soccer (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12545 Members
73 Forums
64408 Topics
449855 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Appt setter at MD office - no accommodation 4 CSA by Mishka95673 @ 01/23/15 08:42 AM

Hi BlueSky, Sorry for the delayed response - working 16 -18 hour days. Exhausted! There is such little validation openly available that I try and make sure that I take the time to sincerely validate as much as possible. No one deserves to go through
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MY T session to day by bluesky @ 01/23/15 07:45 AM

Thanks guys ((((((( ))))))))
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Can't remember anything (May Trigger) by sorryson @ 01/23/15 07:39 AM

Zero I am happy to hear you are doing much better. My Dad who was a victim of sexual abuse also had periods of not remembering. We were horrible to Dad and pushed him to disconnect from himself. We laughed and said he was a liar. Well decades lat
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I grab at the moments by Bardo @ 01/23/15 05:49 AM

Thank you. I need that right now.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: shocked and sad by bluesky @ 01/23/15 01:29 AM

Lee my heart and prayers go out to you. I pray that you and your students should be able to find strngth and solace. Take care of your self sending you both love and compassion. Bluesky
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Helping Boyfriend to find his truth by Mishka95673 @ 01/22/15 10:16 PM

Hi Michelle, Wrapping up my work day soon...whew! I wanted to add that several of the gentlemen have told us wives / girlfriends how extremely valuable it is to have our support as they fight our demons. You will find many such discussions in the fr
Male Survivors
The REALLY sad part is this group is recommended by MS on their "find support" page.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: I don't fit in anywhere by bluesky @ 01/22/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Serious Dave I am glad to hear that you are not confused about your sexuality - you are straight! I know the same about myself, but I have a bogus script running in my mind that tells me I'm not. It is not a part of my original
Male Survivors
thanks, myrlin. I asked about rewording the ROI since that's what the facilitator told me. The program director, however, said that was incorrect, that they need "open access" to my records. I've asked her if I go back to therapy, how lo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Father helping adult son after rape by Bardo @ 01/22/15 01:02 PM

Note the date of the last installment. Over a year ago. My guess is the road has not been so uplifting during that time. I wish them the best and hope for his, yours and our recovery in the quickest most effective way possible.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I was triggered by my survivors bank account - LOL by Mishka95673 @ 01/22/15 12:05 PM

Clarification...I love my man and we are still very much together. We continue to work through issues we have had in our relationship as a result of major deception, lies, and infidelity which were due to his PTSD. Our relationship left me severely t
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: rethinking "available" by Mishka95673 @ 01/22/15 08:40 AM

A short response (for now) from a mostly asleep survivor and supporter. I do know incest...all of my CSA was incestual in nature. Yes, I felt dirty for a long time. An yes, I felt guilty too because even though my mind screamed "no", my bo
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by nltsaved @ 01/22/15 02:19 AM

Bible study (notes) 12/21/2014 What have I spiritually accomplished this year ? Growing spiritually means to no longer deny the truth that is constantly being revealed to me but embracing it and dealing with the truth. When Christ abides in you
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Addiction recovery class notes -want cycle by nltsaved @ 01/22/15 02:09 AM

Recovery class (notes) 1/19/2015 There are a bunch of wants that we generally seek out and can mistake any one of them for actual spiritual needs that need to be met. The perpetual cycle we become ensnared in jumping from one want strait into anothe
Humor
Jump to new posts the husband store by Nothing Man @ 01/21/15 04:07 PM

Husband Store A store that sells new husbands has opened in Melbourne, wherein a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates: You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the invisible man by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 12:45 PM

something you said, Magoo, really struck a chord with me. it was like i was reliving my own disclosure. total flashback. i was trying to comfort a girlfriend who was not reacting very well to her own sexual assault. she got angry at me and said
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Input from Survivors Requested :-) by WontGiveUp @ 01/21/15 11:29 AM

Thank you so much for the words SorrySon. They really hit home for me last night when I read them. I was having a rough night, and your post really helped me get through. I would never be the one who judged him - he is not the abuse, he didnt ca
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: more silly signs by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: SvenEngrish is always funny... sven, how about some good old oxfordshire english.
Poetry
Jump to new posts more for Shyshark by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 03:41 AM

Think of the coercion every language has employed in achieving its strength and freedom: the compulsion of meter, the tyranny of rhyme and rhythm. Look at how much trouble the poets and orators of every country have to go through.    
Poetry
Jump to new posts THE TYRANNY OF RHYME - Adolf Wolff by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 03:35 AM

THE TYRANNY OF RHYME Inane coquette, depart from me, Thou siren known as Muse of rhyme, Thou fain wouldst make thy slave of me, To give thee all my thought, my time, And all the love that's in my heart, I know thee well, depart! depart! I lov
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Vermont Public Service Ad on CSA Prevention by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 02:07 AM

found some prevention projects on-line. The Children's Bureau's information service, Child Welfare Information Gateway, offers a number of publications related to preventing child abuse, protecting children from the risk of abuse, and promoting hea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 24 Stages of Growth for Survivors of Incest by justplainme @ 01/21/15 12:34 AM

Good list. Insightful and a helpful.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Brotherly Love by nltsaved @ 01/20/15 11:54 PM

I feel ya brother and fam we all are
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Question Why do I feel like he is here by victor-victim @ 01/20/15 11:48 PM

good read. http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/032311p20.shtml some mention of Evicting the Perpetrator. "Survivors often find themselves repeatedly engaging in self-damaging or self-defeating behaviors, involving addictive behaviors o
Male Survivors
Anything that spreads awareness is a good thing as long as it is done in the right way. Let's hope this works out!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.