Newest Members
RichNewman, woodyamorc, Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless
12597 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
1goodguy (57), 1survivor (52), Casey_SC (27), jamaicanrudeboy (35), Jamaicanyuth (35), mountainfrost (47), nolan79 (36), Ron_dup1 (48)
Who's Online
7 registered (GT13568, lionking, Lumpy, robwk1988, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12597 Members
74 Forums
64674 Topics
452012 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Stone walls do not a prison make by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 02:52 PM

beautiful. thank you. appreciated with gratitude. i had forgotten about this. i remember reading it decades ago. good poetry is timeless.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello MS, I'm back by sportinrucks @ 02/25/15 02:41 PM

thanks, ya'll
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pathologize behavior by Robert1000 @ 02/25/15 10:30 AM

Thanks Victor! Keep healing, brother.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: gotta take the trip by Nathan LaChine @ 02/25/15 07:38 AM

Another year is gone and I wanted you to know I will never forget you. Lord only knows where I would be if it wasn't for you. Life has been filled with challenges, adventures, and now love. I have you to thank for all of this. Thank you for helping m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by motmcd @ 02/25/15 06:48 AM

Thanks, Bluesky, for your supportive words. I like your comparative imagery with the car vs. pedestrian. I hope I don't sound like sour grapes. I carefully script and wordsmith every letter I write to be balanced and professional so as to deny my
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: q how does 1 know? by petercorbett @ 02/25/15 05:10 AM

Howdy, my fraternal brother, Learning to love yourself & accepting who & what you are is a very difficult task to say the least. I'm a senior citizen who has just recentely came out from the closet. I'm still legally married but seperated b
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts I want to pour my whole soul out to God. by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 04:18 AM

My heart seemed to be liquid within me. All my feelings seemed to rise and flow out; and the utterance of my heart was, "I want to pour my whole soul out to God." The rising of my soul was so great that I rushed into the room back of the fr
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Super Golden Friends by peroperic2009 @ 02/25/15 03:46 AM

lol
Poetry
Jump to new posts Philip Larkin - Kick up the fire by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 02:22 AM

Kick up the fire, and let the flames break loose To drive the shadows back; Prolong the talk on this or that excuse, Till the night comes to rest While some high bell is beating two o'clock. Yet when the guest Has stepped in to the windy street, and
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Robert Frost - Fire and Ice by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 02:11 AM

Fire and Ice Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And wou
Poetry
Jump to new posts The Flaming Heart - Richard Crashaw by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 02:06 AM

O HEART! The equal poise of love's both parts Big alike with wounds and darts. Live in these conquering leaves; live all the same; And walk through all tongues one triumphant FLAME Live here, great HEART; and love and die and kill; And bleed and
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: . by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 12:47 AM

Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Caring for yourself / Caring for him by Mishka95673 @ 02/24/15 11:11 PM

There you go again, Bob...showing your awesomeness! Great input
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 1 in 6 boys ... by Publius @ 02/24/15 09:25 PM

The most conservative numbers I've seen are 1 in 20 boys along with 1 in 5 girls. Back in the fifties it was something like 1 in 1,000,000 so either things have taken a considerable turn for the worse or survivors started finding their voice : P
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Karl Jung and My Shadow by don64 @ 02/24/15 07:17 PM

A Jungian book "Owning Your Own Shadow" has had a powerful and positive effect on my life. Don
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts My Shadow by Still @ 02/24/15 02:47 PM

"Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is. It may be (in part) one's link to more primitive animal instincts, which are superseded during early childhood by the consc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "The Body Keeps the Score" by Rich1967 @ 02/24/15 02:28 PM

The video takingitslow posted was amazing...almost done. Too bad work gets in the way or I'd be done by now. I determined that being triggered was somehow putting me back in states related to my abuse a while back but this really makes it clearer.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by KMCINVA @ 02/24/15 07:08 AM

Paul It looks like it is coming together for you and your family. Your mother even agrees the way your father's wife handled illness was the right way. Got to give her credit because they say the older we get the harder it is to change--she is provi
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Let me get home before dark by victor-victim @ 02/24/15 02:49 AM

Let Me Get Home Before Dark Its sundown, Lord. The shadows of my life stretch back into the dimness of the years long spent. I fear not death, for that grim foe betrays himself at last, thrusting me forever into life: Life with You, unsoiled and fr
Poetry
Jump to new posts Drainage Ditch - Al Ferber by victor-victim @ 02/24/15 12:43 AM

Drainage Ditch Some days it feels as though I'm hauling my bones around behind me in a burlap sack dried bones devoid of marrow brittle bones that could break like glass life pushes me from from one step to the the next leads me to fou
Poetry
Jump to new posts Norman O. Brown by victor-victim @ 02/23/15 10:39 PM

Freedom is poetry, taking liberties with words, breaking the rules of normal speech, violating common sense.      ~ Norman O. Brown
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: that's just wrong! by Shyshark @ 02/23/15 08:52 PM

um ...... Let me make this perfectly clear. This poem does not refer to any specific individual. There is conflict here ... it's inevitable ... and arguments are perfectly understandable. Often the protagonists are not equal in strength ... but I'm
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Politicians and their ilk by woodenshoes @ 02/23/15 06:13 PM

Nm I guess you have to be careful how you vote. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Can of worms by JScott12 @ 02/23/15 06:03 PM

yeah txb i can relate so much to your comment man, I wasn't even aware of the effort and commitment needed when i first started counselling. When I was in session I gave it my all and was fully committed but I didnt really put the things into action
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by Robert1000 @ 02/23/15 04:10 PM

Hey, It's a really positive thing that you wrote here on this forum. Nice job. I may be able relate to the things you've written. I struggle with my faith, with anger issues, with feelings of being a victim but also with rejecting victim-hood. I s
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.