Newest Members
therealme, Meme, ScaredWife, R2D2, Ghostcrab124
12785 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bluebird (41), djsurvivor (40)
Who's Online
7 registered (Esposa, ClearSkies, 5 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12785 Members
75 Forums
65853 Topics
460562 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: exhausted and agitated/anxious by don64 @ 08/01/15 08:51 PM

Thanks for your support Freeman and Mike. Today has been very interesting in that I expended about three times the physical energy I normally do. One of the features of my damage has been limited physical activity. I have had to much damage stored
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by don64 @ 08/01/15 08:40 PM

For me, referring to myself as getting stuck at a certain age doesn't really capture how I feel about it. Because of the trauma of my abuse in infancy and early childhood, parts of me necessary to experience joy and mental health and physical health
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: sex is bad... by Strive 38/11 @ 08/01/15 08:28 PM

Ramble as much as you like Tryingtolive. I'm evidence in belief that the brain can change. The science is called Neuroplasticity, also known as brain plasticity, is an umbrella term that encompasses both synaptic plasticity and non-synaptic plasticit
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Shine on you crazy diamond. by Strive 38/11 @ 08/01/15 05:22 PM

Hey Mike, Yes me too. Making my statement already gave me a great lift. I was in passive avoidance hole, now I'm back working towards things. Thanks for being brave to comment, I appreciate it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm sorry. by lapchinj @ 08/01/15 05:04 PM

(((((((((( Magellan )))))))))) No don't go brother, please. There is nothing wrong with anyone with a disability. It is really disgusting with people who treat the disabled as below their dignity. Tell those people to fuck off. My message to you is
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I have to ask something by lapchinj @ 08/01/15 04:53 PM

Hey ((((( magellan ))))) Nothing can be so far from the truth of everything you say and assume. My father (who is 100 years old) has been hearing impaired for a couple of decades. My mother treats him like shit like him being hearing impaired is a p
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why Would Anyone Say A Victim is a Liar by KMCINVA @ 08/01/15 02:32 PM

I like the Frank Zappa quote because it is what I did for a lifetime. I tried to escape and bury the emotions of the abuse but life only got worse. Trying to escape the past without facing the past only leads to a lifetime of pain and hurt.
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts Private Forum by MariaAnna @ 08/01/15 01:21 PM

Why are there no private forums? There are some questions and things I'd like to discuss that I do not feel comfortable being publicly accessible on the internet.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Happy to be abused? by Nothing Man @ 08/01/15 11:14 AM

Hi Eirik. I think the information you left out actually would have an impact on my response. I may be wrong, never having experienced being a gay teen in a heteronormative world, but I think that your friend was taken advantage of by a manipulative
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 14:59 by Nothing Man @ 08/01/15 11:02 AM

One of my favorite pieces.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fuck this world by dark empathy @ 08/01/15 08:26 AM

I disagree. Caring for others is easy. I have been down some very dark roads, I've even asked myself if I want to be a sadist, if I would ever desire to actively hurt someone for having what I don't, to enact my frustrations, and the honest answer I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I feel like I cant breathe by Strive 38/11 @ 08/01/15 04:24 AM

Victor You make feeling warm inside. Love you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Could use someone's input for these questions by dark empathy @ 08/01/15 04:15 AM

@Trying to live, A T is there to serve you! not the other way around, although some therapists don't see it that way. When it works, it's no different in theory from going to see aDoctor if something physically hurt, although unlike with a Doctor
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: more silly signs by victor-victim @ 08/01/15 04:08 AM

please don't feed the lions
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts One Central Book Resource Post by Strive 38/11 @ 08/01/15 04:06 AM

Hi everyone I'm looking to start another stage of my healing journey. PM me if you with your thoughts on one post with an up to date list of valuable resources.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Deer humor by victor-victim @ 08/01/15 03:36 AM

too funny. can you say "deer in the headlights" ??
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts paranoia by Tryingtolive @ 08/01/15 12:01 AM

does it end ?
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It gets better (Apple employees) by Strive 38/11 @ 07/31/15 11:19 PM

... --- ... Hope ... --- ...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts smiling faces..... by Tryingtolive @ 07/31/15 11:00 PM

Why do i always feel people are trying to play me... even if there friendly... family as well... always feel like people know details of me that i hate... I cant get this out of my head....When will it end... I hate being so self conscious
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: was it abuse? by smc1972 @ 07/31/15 10:59 PM

I understand the whole question one I ask myself at times even today at 43yo. Mine was with my parents and I still at times find myself trying to say it wasent. I let it happen even as a teen and initiated it at times. So I think how can I blame them
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Candle by Strive 38/11 @ 07/31/15 09:30 PM

Blessed be that brother
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Car park by Strive 38/11 @ 07/31/15 08:51 PM

Hi Kevin and Mike, Most thankful I am for your kind thoughtful responses. I arrived here at MS within this first week and it's been like the everserance you get when you pop the top of a coke bottle. The rush of compressed gasses. I'm wholly immer
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Matthew 9:23-24 by victor-victim @ 07/31/15 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Marinan"Lord, I believe, please help me in my unbelief". That's what I have to think to myself so often when I'm constantly brain washed and conditioned to think of myself as nothing all the time." in the fight
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting one of my perps by winter-rain @ 07/31/15 06:39 PM

so my situation gets better and then worse, of course two steps forward and one back,i toldmy mom that my lanlordswere drug addicts, iwas doing well today and had agood week, now i have them to worry about, my social worker at the hospital didnt tel
Progress
Jump to new posts Of love and changes by dark empathy @ 07/31/15 05:13 PM

This is a story I've tried to tell before but I always feel very trite and a bit wrong trying to explain it, which is strange. I'm used to expressing pain, to letting Shadow have it's voice, but I can't express the opposite, I don't like what that sa
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.