Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (Johnnygolightly, 1lifenow, md4e, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Home & realizing how negative an influence mom is by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/19/14 09:06 PM

So I've had 5 or 6 days to mull this whole situation over, and I needed it. The diverse mental processes that have been involved in figuring out how to approach this issue and my mom have touched on various other subjects, helped me work out some th
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Abuse of Boys by cosmos @ 08/19/14 06:27 PM

thanx Puffer Chris
Spirituality and Survivors
On the topic of forgiving the perp, I have understood this to be a highly personal issue , one that takes a different shape for each person. I will only speak for myself on this topic. I have come to understand that forgiving the perp is not somet
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by lostc @ 08/19/14 09:09 AM

Thanks pittsburgh I appreciate it. Yeah my heads just all over the place right now, just have to keep going forward right now. Thanks best wishes to you too.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: smart funny science humour by victor-victim @ 08/19/14 01:23 AM

Q: what happens to photons that violate the laws of physics? A: they wind up in prism.
Humor
Jump to new posts catastrophic failure by victor-victim @ 08/19/14 01:08 AM

couldn't resist sharing this. one of our favourite rigging stories. bricklayer's accident report Dear Sir: I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form. I put "Poor planning
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: creek by victor-victim @ 08/18/14 11:40 PM

good one, nothingman!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Afraid to Move Forward by unhappycamper @ 08/18/14 09:22 PM

I've found this a very insightful thread. I still have some of the fears that Jude mentions in the top post: since the Age of Flashbacks began in 1994, I've been afraid to turn my back on the CSA. After all, that's what I did for 35 years, and all I
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Brief introduction: ASA by ex-boyfriend by Bluedogone @ 08/18/14 08:40 PM

Welcome AustinChemist, Thanks for this first post. Your comment: "and -- with time -- heal" is so significant for me. I hope you find MS will be a meaningful help with you healing.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: drunk driving, english style by Sven @ 08/18/14 05:05 PM

haha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do I have to forgive? KEN SINGER comment by WriterKeith @ 08/18/14 01:38 AM

For fellow survivors pondering or struggling with the belief or indoctrination of "you MUST forgive," you may find peace in learning about "Narcissistic Personality Disorder." There are fellow survivors here who have discussed it, but I hadn't grasp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering how young/nieve 13/14 is by takingitslow @ 08/17/14 08:11 PM

MAY TRIGGER ****** my csa abuse started when I was 14. When I see how young, small and weak compared to a 50 year old man this age is I do get angry. But this just fuels more hatred for my uncle. I have worked on this anger and I feel it is channel
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Help Seeking and Suicide Prevention by Ever-fixed Mark @ 08/17/14 05:50 PM

I just noticed a study from earlier in the year that sought to understand what impact getting treatment had in suicide prevention for lesbian, gay, and bisexual people. The results aren't what the researchers expected, so there there will be more wo
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pray for me please by fhorns @ 08/17/14 04:49 PM

Thank you sorryson. Your words touch me. Thank you. I'll share a good thing here. I began PMing a survivor here, also a Christian. He shared a bunch of posts he'd been in, and it spoke to me: I have a lot of pride. Very deceptive, sometimes, bu
Humor
Jump to new posts inventing the motorcycle by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 04:13 PM

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur, 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is that you can hang out wi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Escape #2: An Update by peacemaker67 @ 08/17/14 01:30 PM

Hey there-sounds like a lot has happened since our last chat. WOW-great for you with the move. Anyone who ever works to manipulate us or "guilt" us for their problems will always be baggage. OK to visit, but not ok to carry their life burde
Family and Friends
Cut yourself some slack. Seriously. The great thing about kids is that they still love you despite your shortcomings and ALL parents have shortcomings. Now you know that your daughter would like more hugs so just make a point to hug her more often. I
Classifieds
Jump to new posts NYC area therapist led survivor group by Chris Anderson @ 08/17/14 10:14 AM

Quote:Hello, all, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm beginning a new psychotherapy group next month for male survivors. There aren't nearly enough resources around for survivors, especially in a group setting, and I'm very excited to be able t
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by bluesky @ 08/17/14 07:40 AM

This music helps me relax and focus its amazing to watch to enjoy.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Adventurer by Robert E Howard by dark empathy @ 08/17/14 04:16 AM

glad you like. As I said always comes evening is rather the oposite of this. I can't say Conan has been a real thing for me, indeed I only discovered the original conan stories a few years ago, and while I loved the style, and also appreciated the f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Sunday Aug. 17, 2014 by Anomalous @ 08/17/14 03:18 AM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for this Sunday, August 17, 2014. Anomalous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Things boys discover by lapchinj @ 08/17/14 12:13 AM

935 shooting your new "real" bow and arrow in your parents finished basement and missing the target 2 out of 3 times. Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope <3 XOXO Jeff
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch! by victor-victim @ 08/16/14 04:24 PM

thanks for caring. ((( traveler )))
Progress
Jump to new posts touching a girl by Sterling @ 08/16/14 01:49 PM

I want to touch a girl. I am 40. I don't want to be ashamed. My aunt really messed my mind. or used to. I always let the past affect the present. I am working hard , but want to , because I know there is a point of no return. (little fancy ,
Survivors of Female Abuse
Thank you 96789594 for the input. yeah I was brought up where emotions weren't really talked about or encouraged to be talked about, which never helped. I feel like I've made a good beginning at dealing with it so I will keep reading and learning as
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.