Newest Members
Alabaster, valence, TheNamelessPoet, Meloe, rwc3
12843 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
christianfather (53), Kai86 (29), lost child (59), Melinda (33), Ruby1 (42), sentry (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12843 Members
75 Forums
66410 Topics
464040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for support by payne @ 10/09/15 09:42 PM

Society does not appear to believe that boys can be victims of female abuse or that this even takes place. This makes opening up all that much harder to do. Also, most incest support sites and actual support groups do seem for women, but not also f
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts A support for new recovery services in Canada by gaatt @ 10/09/15 09:18 PM

Hi all, I found a source of community improvement funds that is somewhat unique and I thought that it might help get new services for male survivors in Canada established while strengthening a sense of mutual support amongst survivors and allies.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I constantly invite criticism? by TheHermit @ 10/09/15 08:23 PM

A list of the 30 most common reasons why others might criticize you:
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The Subject of SSA with CSA Survivors by Judith @ 10/09/15 07:45 PM

KFo84 i What I'm referring to are the *unwanted* SSA feelings experienced by so many survivors. The Sexual Identity Forum alone is overflowing with posts from survivors who feel plagued by such feelings & thoughts. It seems as though, if there
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Went to my aunties today by Severe stammer @ 10/09/15 05:56 PM

Im going to help her because she,s just like me when I was younger , she has to clean her self constantly people ridiculing her because she,s to ashamed to open up , but I have auntie who has compassion I think I can help my cousin . thanks for the
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Impact of previous abuse on my relationship by kcinohio @ 10/09/15 05:25 PM

It can get better over time. In my experience, a survivor needs to want healing for himself, not for a partner or anyone else. Sometimes better primary relationships and intimacy can be a byproduct of that, but the focus needs to be on one's own need
Jump to new posts Re: Walt Whitman by victor-victim @ 10/09/15 04:43 PM

<3 to you, tommyb. feedback is deeply appreciated and encouraging. ( :
Jump to new posts Re: Ella Wheeler Wilcox by victor-victim @ 10/09/15 04:37 PM

cheers! thanx, tommyb.
Jump to new posts Re: Edna St. Vincent Millay by victor-victim @ 10/09/15 04:34 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest says children brought on the sexual abuse . by victor-victim @ 10/09/15 03:30 PM

love and peace to you.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Days were I want to explode by Severe stammer @ 10/09/15 01:51 PM

Ive read your 5 times more likely to be abused if your disabled I found that out the last year, the British stammering association don't know how to handle adults abused as children or in adult life, ive made some friends who live like me can't talk
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Abuser Moved to Retirement Facility by KMCINVA @ 10/09/15 01:23 PM

Thanks--trying to keep mind and body together in this fight. I know I had major disconnects of the body and mind with my dissociation. Today I work diligently to keep both mind and body on the same task. Take care and thank you for the support.
Male Survivors
Thank you for redirecting my attention to Don's comment, FB. I wonder what "a reference point safely inside myself" might be. Quote: I wonder if, with all the good people in your life, you can sometimes say hi to yourself too. I think
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Questions Greeted with Hostility by Severe stammer @ 10/09/15 10:21 AM

Your a very special lady , and such a compassionate understanding human beings. X Id say you keep going to therapy and try and encourage him to do the same. I did find the courage to disclose but was offered no help just ridicule and rejection and hu
Jump to new posts Film , Old school, waitress scene by Severe stammer @ 10/09/15 07:27 AM

Hello all Hope your all fine and well. I'm bit of a film buff and enjoy watching comedy films I like certain scenes that make me laugh and think I can laugh at my past to heal a bit, to try to not let the trauma get me down. My past relationship wa
Jump to new posts Re: Each Damned Day by tommyb @ 10/08/15 11:43 PM

Jump to new posts Re: thought by tommyb @ 10/08/15 11:42 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Denial by Rich1967 @ 10/08/15 11:32 PM

Everything that you were and are is just what you needed to get to here and now. Without it you might not even be with us. I'm am glad you are with us.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How lonely do you feel ? by Tryingtolive @ 10/08/15 08:23 PM

Thanks for the responses ... It's means a lot
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: I love painting by txb @ 10/08/15 06:30 PM

I like art a lot and I think painting is very therapeutic. It's quite different to drawing, even though the two are usually linked. I just find it very calming, and usually all my focus is on what I'm working on, rather than on other things. I haven'
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Podcasts? by Echoes @ 10/08/15 06:17 PM

Hello. This one seems pretty good: Hope it helps.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Family and Freinds show understanding by KFo84 @ 10/08/15 06:03 PM

Hi SS, Thank you for sharing your story. Although my heart breaks for the immense pain you have endured, I'm happy you have found sound therapy & this site. This site is a true blessing for survivors & those who love them. I pray that everyo
Jump to new posts Success! by gaatt @ 10/08/15 04:59 PM

Hi y'all, I was talking with my Naturopath about success yesterday. He asked me what I thought it was and I answered something about having a supportive community around me. He said, no, it's about speaking your truth in community. I saw his point a
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Questions on the word "trigger" by dark empathy @ 10/08/15 04:29 PM

It's odd, I didn't think I had triggers either when I came to this site, then I realized that I avoided crowds and hated the smell of smoke and physically couldn't cope! with anything to do with s/x, even the word itself. I also didn't really realize
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Life is Short..... by Nothing Man @ 10/08/15 04:06 PM

There's a lot of wisdom in those words, Kevin. Thanks for posting. Mike
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.