Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Robert Barrett, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63238 Topics
442213 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: You are more by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:18 AM

you certainly convinced me. I AM MORE!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:52 AM

short answer: YES. long answer: I REALLY REEEALLY TRY MY BEST NOT TO. _______________ interesting side note: my anger at someone else complaining about their problem caused me to commit my first act of disclosure. i was as shocked and s
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: There comes a time in your life..... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:29 AM

if only that time would come, sooner than later, for all of us. for me, that time has come, time and time again. it seems like i am always walking away from people who create drama. i keep looking for people who make me laugh. i end up alone
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forgiveness & the toughest 16 inches *trigger* by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: I Want 2 Thrive I wish I came forward in 74 instead of 88, and I felt responsible for every single one of Thomas's subsequent victims. If I only had the courage to stand up and speak. My preacher told me my therapist had been
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: going through a rough time by don64 @ Yesterday at 01:28 AM

Hi kc, I've had two amazing clearings that released ancient coiled damaged places in me. Both clearings resulted in levels of relaxation and feelings of love I've never experienced. Some things are coming together. Thanks for being here. Don
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Disabled! Charities that will help me pack & move? by InsideTheWall @ 07/31/14 09:52 PM

Honestly, Catholic Charities or something similar sounds like your best bet.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by ethereo222 @ 07/31/14 08:57 PM

Let's take our boy into our arms and reclaim the Shame the Anxiety the Fear the Embarrassment and make it S.A.F.E. for him instead +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "For all the times that I cried keeping everything I knew inside it's hard b
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: to tell or not to tell, is that the question? by victor-victim @ 07/31/14 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Obi why is it not a national emergency/public outcry when the #'s are of epidemic proportions? SILENCE! "A conspiracy of silence is just as bad as a conspiracy of action." ~ Joseph Soloveitchik
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Taking back memories...request for help... by KMCINVA @ 07/31/14 09:39 AM

highflight I can totally relate. I had to go back to the place of my abuse, not by choice but to bury my Mom from the church where the abuse occurred. I was an altar boy and one of the priest was kind to me and ultimately it led to something I did
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What is this forgiveness crap? by victor-victim @ 07/31/14 04:31 AM

every so often i come across these threads which explore our mixed feelings about forgiveness. the concept of forgiveness was one of my major obstacles in life. it was foreign to me, and i despised it. i lived in a paradigm of resentment and re
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: kitty rage by victor-victim @ 07/31/14 04:07 AM

cat wii? cat ufc? forget the fakes… here is the real dog fight.
Poetry
Jump to new posts delusions of grandeur by victor-victim @ 07/31/14 01:27 AM

do stars lament our trials and errors? do planets, in our downfall, quake? do furious flames of solar fire, burn with grief in our wake? do mountains weep in our passing? do skies, in silent cries, mourn our fate? do oceans, in all their magnifi
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Simply: how the hell do I do this? by gaatt @ 07/31/14 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: focusedbody I acknowledge what is painful, it helps me look it in the eye, deal with it, and feel a little stronger. Thanks FB for this. I'm seeing a pattern of taking out my anger on the wrong people. I didn't get the early ch
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt anyone? by gaatt @ 07/30/14 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: don64It's a way my subconscious has to release suppressed and unexpressed stuff... Wonderfully releases and satisfies pent-up rage... it sure does help bring some balance to my interior world. Hi Don, Thanks. Yes. I think I've
Jump to new posts Re: Effects of Covert child sexual abuse by gaatt @ 07/30/14 11:22 PM

Hi Fhorns, Actually, I kind of admire your courage. I wish had had parents who recognized that what they were doing to me was hurtful. My mother sort of does, occasionally, but not convincingly and not in a way that inspires her enough to do her own
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to bury oneself and arise anew? by victor-victim @ 07/30/14 10:15 PM

the phoenix rises from the ashes.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New by KMCINVA @ 07/30/14 09:46 PM

JCEldrid Welcome and I know this has to be difficult for you. You have taken a courageous step in facing the past. Whatever your story you are amongst friends who understand your pain and hurt. We understand what has happened to you and how the abu
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: It's time by randombreeze @ 07/30/14 09:18 PM

Welcome HOC, Sorry you need to be here, but like other's have stated, it's a safe place. Just knowing I wasn't the only one "like me" has made an immeasurable difference in helping to make sense the chaos that seemed to have been my shadow
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Conspiracy of Silence by victor-victim @ 07/30/14 08:30 PM

"A conspiracy of silence is just as bad as a conspiracy of action." ~ Joseph Soloveitchik “The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Perp apologizing - Your relationship afterwards by blockade @ 07/30/14 08:27 PM

Thank you for your words Eric. I understand and I do not want to apologize to appease myself but only to make my brother feel at some sort of ease.. the timing to do so is difficult to get right in case it disrupts or shakes him up. I'm almost waiti
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "unspeakable"? by victor-victim @ 07/30/14 07:50 PM

Speak out. “Shame derives its power from being unspeakable.” ~ Brené Brown "A conspiracy of silence is just as bad as a conspiracy of action." ~ Joseph Soloveitchik “The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts ONLINE STUDY SEEKING PEOPLE by victor-victim @ 07/30/14 07:40 PM

ONLINE STUDY SEEKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED STRESSFUL OR TRAUMATIC LIFE EVENT* DETAILS: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468226#Post468226 did it. thanks for the notice, Kaylin. *You are eligible
Moving Forward: Research Studies
Jump to new posts Online study for persons w/ trauma history by Chris Anderson @ 07/30/14 03:35 PM

ONLINE STUDY SEEKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED STRESSFUL OR TRAUMATIC LIFE EVENT Researchers at the University of Missouri-St. Louis are seeking individuals to complete a brief series of questionnaires online. At the end of the survey, all partici
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fragile by don64 @ 07/30/14 03:28 PM

Hi kc, Sending you lots of support for loving yourself and valuing yourself. You are so worth it. Don
Family and Friends
I empathize a lot with your situation. For years I pushed and cried myself to sleep. I wore me down and H and I separated for a couple months earlier this year. I've been back home for almost a month now. I can't speak for H but I can tell you th
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.