Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64436 Topics
450089 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Was I an adult or a child by vrocotamy @ 01/28/15 10:36 PM

I wonder the same, admittedly. I had just turned 19 (so I was legally an adult), but - being limited in my selection of other non-straight men - I was probably not as sexually and emotionally mature as most 19 year olds. I've called it "teenage
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Russell Brand rips on Paedosadists by zip14 @ 01/28/15 10:13 PM

Here is the #OpEaters Collective - The Collective
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Told my T by gettingstronger @ 01/28/15 09:35 PM

Hi SD, Great job. Male abuse survivors have such an amazing number of things that cause them to hold back from ever telling anyone about what happened. Our society still seems unaware that this sort of thing happens to boys, so we're still out in
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Specific Issues to Gay/Bi ASA Survivors by vrocotamy @ 01/28/15 07:17 PM

I thought I'd bump this up (I don't know what the policy is here on that), in the hope we could keep talking about the specific impact of ASA (or CSA, really) on GB (or T) survivors, how internal homophobia, external homophobia, and LGBT community at
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Urges by vrocotamy @ 01/28/15 07:09 PM

Re: above post. While I sympathize, this forum is for Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors, and I think that acceptance of non-straight sexual orientation should be a baseline to post here and not be sidetracked into issues that belong in the Sexual Identity forum
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: He told his father by expectinfeb14 @ 01/28/15 05:56 PM

it sure is. the whole family denies it, even his brothers who were also abused. its been so hard on my husband
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Autism / Aspergers by Becoming Other @ 01/28/15 03:09 PM

Beyond Conflict From Self-Help and Psychotherapy to Peacemaking by Peter R. Breggin, M.D. 1992 page 107 " Helplessness can be learned as an adult and also as a child. The strongest people can lapse into helplessness immediately after a seve
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: The journey begins by Broken1968 @ 01/28/15 11:44 AM

Thank you very much for sharing your situation. There are many things you said that I can relate to.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else with CSA survivor parents? by KMCINVA @ 01/28/15 09:13 AM

I read this thread and it makes me sad to see multiple generations experiencing CSA. It had to impact you and the family. I know my CSA impacted me and the family as did the family impact me. Why so much denial, why can't the world learn to accept
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by Landscape @ 01/28/15 07:29 AM

I love Peter Gabriel songs. He's always so introspective and unafraid of putting his fears, insecurities and experiences out there for the world to see. Or, maybe I love his music, because he's putting my fears, insecurities and experiences out there
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by Bardo @ 01/28/15 07:00 AM

Thanks for the support! I totally agree with the sleeping and fatigue Sonata. I have been napping more. Today I just called in sick. Don't know what is going on. This week for a couple of days I felt like I retrenched. Reburied the issues. Felt nothi
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The shepherds wronged their lamb by lionking @ 01/28/15 06:21 AM

Thank you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Seeing the Doc - what to/not to discuss by Bardo @ 01/28/15 05:23 AM

Ninja, Good luck with your appointment. You will say what you need to say and hopefully they will see the man and not just the diagnosis. Keep us posted, we are here for you. Freeman
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another layer... by VASurvivor @ 01/28/15 12:30 AM

:-) Bardo - I understand. We sought out marriage counseling first. It quickly became apparent that our individual stuff was the root of our "together" stuff. We would alternate going separately and together, but sometimes our individual st
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by Still @ 01/27/15 11:58 PM

There are many Christians behaving badly out there. I know, cuz I'm a "bad behavor" in the eyes of many "creepy Christians." I don't play the "be passive and let everything just happen" game that many of them like to pla
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Still @ 01/27/15 11:42 PM

Logan, You know I endure years of intense flashbacks, and that's how I'm interpreting what you are describing here. I never really did learn to "control" them. I always got swept-away into the time-travel. I Still have them. The category
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Response? by Sterling @ 01/27/15 01:04 PM

yea I am definitely not a candidate for Playgirl ! lol. Goran
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Nightmare flashbacks TRIGGERS by KMCINVA @ 01/27/15 11:18 AM

Iaccus I understand your pain. I nearly had a year without sleep because every time I closed my eyes I saw him and felt his touch. It did get better and then all hell broke loose. I would have the nightmares and flashbacks and people in the house
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Not any female...my Mom...and my attraction by focusedbody @ 01/27/15 11:08 AM

PMGNT: Your post reminds me of the difficulty in having all of the feelings you describe. It seems easy to hold on to them as a boy, but when it comes to having them or sharing them with other grown men, they become very large. I also recognize
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts predator with a camera by victor-victim @ 01/27/15 03:18 AM

"Take it from someone he abused: T is a predator with a camera. Call me crazy, but allegations of sexual harassment are a little more important than a magazine's investigation of the famously perverted photographer's everyday life. How long ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My New Masked Life by Still @ 01/27/15 02:01 AM

Masking Guideline 410.38b Don't laugh milk through your nose when people talk about how scary and traumatic a big-ass blizzard can be. They tend to look at you funny.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by sorryson @ 01/26/15 09:32 PM

thank you everyone. I do feel stronger and it is thanks too many. People here at MS have extended themselves in many ways. I have immersed myself in support for many different issues. My sexual abuse as a child has been something I denied and prete
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mourning our lost child by myrlin @ 01/26/15 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManI cannot change my past but I can change the way I respond to it. Its taken me a long time to learn this simple, but hard to do, truth. Part of doing this has been for me to reprogram the old negative tapes - just t
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by Logan @ 01/26/15 08:31 PM

Jeff, your in luck, your post will not be the last post on his thread!!! I highly agree in helping those kids that that are in harms way as street kids. their job is extraordinarily Dangerous and trying to help them get off of the the street would b
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 01/26/15 06:37 PM

Papa Roach: "Lifeline" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZNNzDUCgk "Lifeline" When I was a boy I didn't care about a thing It was me and this world and a broken dream I was blaming myself For all that was goin' wrong I was way o
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.