Newest Members
DesertFrog, DavidM-LT, lmarsden, Raysn226, 20;1;14;5.
12773 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (42), monkeybusinessinky (29), Tom Byrnes (56), wind west (31)
Who's Online
3 registered (learning2remember, Strive 38/11, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12773 Members
75 Forums
65794 Topics
460194 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:02 AM

“Referees always have to say, in the ring: ‘Protect yourself at all times’ . It's a lie because you can't. You came to fight. If you were really interested in protecting yourself, you'd get out of the ring and go home.” Jodi Compton
Introductions
Jump to new posts Shine on you crazy diamond. by Strive 38/11 @ Yesterday at 06:56 AM

Yep being a gay teen the eighties at an all boys grammar is part of the cause of my dysfunction. Before, I think the sexual touching commenced when I started in preschool aged three. Then in 3rd grade my teacher groomed me by keeping back at lunch
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Devastated to Learn Dad Told of His Abuse by sorryson @ Yesterday at 06:11 AM

Kevin Thank you for your words. Your are right, Dad's wife is a fabulous woman. She only really knows my sister and she still stands up for us, who ill treated Dad. I guess she really loved Dad and wants to make sure his message of love to us is he
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:45 AM

you are welcome, Magellan. call it lucky research. i love exploring the vast archives of emotion stowed and stored on this website. this is a priceless resource. many hours have i invested investigating the wealth of information contained within
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Cut off my medications and not sure what to expect by Strive 38/11 @ Yesterday at 01:22 AM

Relieved you are with still us. You are taking a medication that takes time for you body to build up a level that works and is sustainable. The bodies ability to sustain a medication level is impacted by things life alcohol and other non prescribed d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Male Intimacy - what is it for you? by Rich1967 @ Yesterday at 12:37 AM

Cool stuff Kevin... thanks. Intimacy with women never was too much of a problem for me. With men it was always a problem. I never had anyone show me the ropes as it were. My father was so not emotionally present that the role model I had was mo
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: What triggers your same sex fixation? by betrayed boy @ 07/28/15 08:43 PM

for me its stress, something going wrong in my life, a build up of mental pressure, when I get to feeling I think im worthless no good etc and I need/deserve pain or to be used by somebody for their pleasure I just start feeling im a piece of s**t so
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in my mouth by learning2remember @ 07/28/15 04:27 PM

I know the stuck in my mouth feeling. Don't feel as much any more. There is hope and you are not alone.
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts Re:Anonymous Invite Cards for MS by KMCINVA @ 07/28/15 07:52 AM

Jwmcd2, I think it is an excellent idea. There are many survivors out there who do not know where to go for help. These cards or flyers or whatever could be left with doctors, therapists, psychiatrist, support groups. I know I had to look for suppo
Humor
Jump to new posts my life by victor-victim @ 07/28/15 12:31 AM

things ain't going well. there's only one escape.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The product of a less than ideal union by smc1972 @ 07/28/15 12:28 AM

Iaccus, I just saw you post and you know about my past and my parents. I just wanted to let you know I worry and questioning myself much the same. I have done what I thought was a good job in telling myself the past is the past and to forget it.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Your life in Six Words by victor-victim @ 07/28/15 12:12 AM

precious complicated difficult challenging eventful weird
Jump to new posts Anonymous Invite Cards for MS by Jwmcd2 @ 07/27/15 08:19 PM

I was brainstorming about this for quite a while, but I was thinking if the site would make/sell packs of "business cards" for www.malesurvivor.org -- we could then take them and anonymously leave them in public places or where maybe someon
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Vacation by Tryingtolive @ 07/27/15 02:45 AM

Deleted
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Things I didn't know about beards until I had one by manipulated @ 07/26/15 06:59 PM

Sorry no beard but moustaches: 1. condense moisture and freeze in position in the winter causing pain when you smile. 2. no matter what you do or how often you trim sooner or later you WILL nibble hair. 3. Moustaches also gather store and rain sw
Jump to new posts Where are my posts? by intochange @ 07/26/15 03:11 PM

I've posted in here, but my page says I have 0 posts. Haven't had an agreeable experience with this site yet. Moderator response - Are you looking in the right places? We show you have made 15 posts since Feb 23, not including this one. All your
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Southern Michigan Northwest Ohio by newground @ 07/26/15 03:09 PM

there is a group in st clair shores that I attend. you can find the information here on the home page. as far as I can find it is the ONLY group in michigan
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the worst day ever by newground @ 07/26/15 03:04 PM

I agree seeing it and feeling it are NOT the same guys. there are times when I can find positives. other times when I absolutely can not. at least this is something to consider in the milder times.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Piano Notes in a Dark Room by Suwanee @ 07/26/15 02:08 PM

When I stopped by chat a while back, a few members were discussing pieces of piano music found in unlikely places such as video games. YouTube links were posted that led to some really haunting music. That discussion stirred a memory of my own. I fin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: before and after ..post your before and after by Rich1967 @ 07/26/15 12:31 PM

My before was lonely on the inside and a slow loss of my ability to connect with others but all the while appearing normal on the outside. Always fearing my secret would be seen by anyone who got too close. I never felt normal or accepted most of m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Some good info for survivors and supporters by Mishka95673 @ 07/26/15 09:51 AM

In the course of doing some research for a paper I need to write, I came across a Wikipedia article which had a nice explanation about the relationship between prolonged stress (in particular in childhood and also still in the womb) and later challen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The family hammer may fall this week by sorryson @ 07/26/15 09:42 AM

Iaccus I hope it goes well. You have the right to be nervous. You were ill treated in life as was your sister. I have learned fear is common amongst those that have been abused. I learned my Dad feared Mama and his children because of what we did t
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Brains - Go Figure by Strive 38/11 @ 07/26/15 01:29 AM

first people need to decide that they want to change and then what they want to become.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Progress is being made - interesting article by Mishka95673 @ 07/25/15 10:13 PM

http://healthland.time.com/2013/04/30/abused-children-may-get-different-form-of-ptsd/
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting one of my perps by winter-rain @ 07/25/15 10:04 PM

looking for the field of love i like the possiblities see them coming, not sure if to act is to belive in god or a centrifugal force to this ultimatley painful barrier called life, my body is a barrier to understading and the predictability of which
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.