Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
5 registered (JW1230, Jay1946, Shyshark, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts emotional armour (JOB 6:12) by victor-victim @ 11/18/14 08:09 PM

emotional armour (JOB 6:12) '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' iron fist. steel toes. brass knuckles. diamond jaw. gold heart. bronze flesh. teflon skin. and most important ... my silver lining.
Poetry
Jump to new posts loose cannon on deck of wild cards by victor-victim @ 11/18/14 06:40 PM

battling apathy and secrecy, bringing safety and dignity to our slavery and poverty. who is this worker bee? beware the artist. anarcho syndicalist. principled activist. name on a black list.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Concerns regarding a boy and his family by TW16 @ 11/18/14 02:17 PM

My friend has been talking to me about this for a few weeks now. I know it isn't my problem to handle, but I don't want to be rude or anything, especially when I can relate to a lot of this. The kid is getting intensive therapy. TW16
Male Survivors
Sounds like me. My sexual abuse is about as extreme a form of bullying as I can imagine. It makes sense to me. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pushy People and Boundaries by don64 @ 11/18/14 01:22 PM

Hi Husky, I've spent decades purging. I was in my fifties before I started getting clues as to what was going on with me, as it was my fifties before I began to remember any of the abuse. The abusive patterns from my family of origin are laid down
Poetry
Jump to new posts speeding blind by traveler @ 11/18/14 04:41 AM

i am speeding down the road, staring at my rear view mirror. i donít see whatís ahead; what Iím passing is only a blur. i may miss a turn, or crash headlong into something that I should have seen, but was looking far too long behind. somehow it see
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Prayer need: I abandon by fhorns @ 11/17/14 06:02 PM

Thank you, both of you. Just got home. I'm home now. Jumped on my computer--to hide. I do a ethical business right now.......and jumping on is, honestly---my escape. "If I'm successful, I'll be happy". Without some amount of distrac
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Prince of Tides by traveler @ 11/17/14 03:27 PM

Thank you, Eirik and Garf, for responding. i truly wish that you did not relate so personally to these passages. but is does help to know that others see the parallels. just not being alone is some comfort. Lee here are some more quotes: Rape is a
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts enemy territory - POSSIBLE TRIGGERS by traveler @ 11/17/14 02:45 PM

sorry this is so long but it really helps me to write it all out. i posted it here because of the length. i welcome comments, if you want to reply in the Male Survivors forum or by PM. Our family house was not a war zone, though there was plenty of
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by concerned_husky @ 11/17/14 03:27 AM

Working on it (as you know Sven).
Jump to new posts Re: The vicious cycle of failing to embrace the truth by victor-victim @ 11/17/14 03:13 AM

information is not knowledge. knowledge is not wisdom. wisdom is not truth. truth is not beauty. only jesus can save me. the truth shall set me free. he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow. jesus is the same; yesterday, today and tomo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being tied up (May be triggering* by kcinohio @ 11/16/14 11:54 PM

I don't know the context of how the subject was broached in your therapy session. So, I don't feel I know enough to make any assessment of the therapist's idea presentation. The incidents mentioned felt more about humiliation, abuse not needing to b
Jump to new posts mini prayers for minor delays on busy days by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 09:43 PM

when i am waiting in a line or traffic jam or stop sign or on telephone hold or transit transfer or experiencing any one of the many millions of minor delays that daily frustrate, irritate, agitate or aggravate... i seize the moment to savour t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: feel like crap-3 days in bed by Bardo @ 11/16/14 08:33 PM

V-V, It is ironic, how we can be surrounded by people and yet totally alone. I spent so many years growing up with groups of people, yet feeling utterly alone and isolated. Just now beginning to understand the extent of that loneliness and its enormo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Repressed or Recovered Memories by Bardo @ 11/16/14 08:30 PM

Sixtieskid, I am early in my journey. I have certain memories that are clear, and then these large black holes that I cannot access. I don't know if they contain more horrors than those that I remember, or simply childhood stuff that has not survived
Poetry
Jump to new posts to what end? by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 08:17 PM

when worlds collide and coincide, you cannot hide. you must decide to either ride, or step aside. "It's suicide or homicide!" the trickster lied. from deicide to deified, the great divide is vast and wide. you truly tried to stride
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: super fish hell (shallowater) by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: ShysharkHemzziorfnagdni1047624395089j;kluotyhryerqwqx eh? you ok, skyshark?
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I am an endurer by don64 @ 11/16/14 06:26 PM

Hi 1lifenow, Thanks for sharing your process. It does make me stronger. It also just naturally makes me want to be more sensitive to others. I also intend to learn to be a LOT more sensitive to myself. Hugs to us all, Don
Male Survivors
I'm sending love and compassion to all of us, myself included. To be used as a sexual object, and especially before it was developmentally normal for me to be having sex, really f'd up my wiring. To have sex and caring so confused with each other h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Sunday, November 16 by Anomalous @ 11/16/14 02:06 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for this evening, Sunday, November 16, 2014. Anomalous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: feeling betrayal by don64 @ 11/16/14 12:01 PM

Hi kc, I'm feeling ok. And, I'm definitely moving through this and I know the other side of this is definitely a better place. It's just that it is very strenuous for me to do this work. Much of the time I feel as if I am stuck in the birth canal
Poetry
Jump to new posts pragmatica by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 08:46 AM

"forgiving": for giving your soul a fresh start. "forgetting": for getting control of your heart. play the hand that you've been dealt. enjoy the sun until you melt. learn to lose and lose to learn. enjoy the heat until you
Jump to new posts Re: Prayer to Hebe I found re:forgiveness by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 07:12 AM

awesome. peace. om's law. potential = flow X resistance "forgive" has the word "give" built right in... hidden in plain sight. "forgiving": for giving your soul a fresh start. "forgetting": for get
Poetry
Jump to new posts fishing for feedback by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 06:54 AM

do you like my poetry? should i continue? brothers, please talk to me. i need to hear from you. looking for love. shameless self bump! i need a shove. help me over the hump. looking for you. i need your feedback. give me your view.
Survivors of Female Abuse
No problem Peter, its totally fine I understand it was just a simple mistake, no hard feelings at all no need to apologize, no harm done. Coincidentally though that woman who abused me was a lot like a mother figure to me or so I felt at the time.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.