Newest Members
Obsydian, campAQT, payne, JeremyFlicker, Nathan L
12741 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Canada38 (50), dale1812 (50), Ward (22)
Who's Online
6 registered (susie, johnb11, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12741 Members
75 Forums
65610 Topics
458906 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: burden by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:21 AM

thank you so much, don64, your compliment is a gift. thank you as well, zip14, well heard. Nothing Man, you are something. nice! thanks! dear traveler, i hope my best is yet to come. thank you, too. glad you like it. gratitude, guys. you h
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confession by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:13 AM

thank YOU! i also love the first sermon attributed to jesus in the canonical scripture... "Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cant get past the shame by EQCR @ Yesterday at 01:42 AM

Yeah, shame and guilt for me are a relentless self loathing that never stops and never lessens. I struggle with the desire to let the kid that I was have some kind of f'ed up life, I try to get little pieces of joy here and there, but it is rare for
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: First Post by EQCR @ Yesterday at 01:26 AM

thanks for the kind words everyone.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts no title needed .. A lot of rambling by Tryingtolive @ 06/30/15 11:56 PM

The past three years I been dealing with depression .. Isolation ... Anxiety .. Sexual identity issues ...I'm still very young in my early 20s I just don't fit in with any group of people .. Through out high school I was your typical jock .. Hung out
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts my story *** TRIGGERS by takingitslow @ 06/30/15 09:59 PM

My story ****** TRIGGERS This is going to be long. I am just going to go with the flow and see what comes out. ******TRIGGERS Being Born. So I am born to out of wedlock early-20-something parents. Grew up in a flat in a nice old Edwardian bu
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Exercise Motivation Team by gettingstronger @ 06/30/15 09:16 PM

txb, Don't feel bad! How many of us actually felt good about our physical selves as kids? (Before the first of my molesters came along, I already loathed myself physically. That was at age six or seven.) If you're enjoying where you're going phy
Male Survivors
Henri, I can relate to a lot of this. Perhaps I have written some posts about it before (starting, say 2012?) And I can still make similar posts in 2015. Sometimes I think I ruminate too much. But do I? I am a 27 year old man. Like you, my last (ca
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Inside Out (movie) by gettingstronger @ 06/30/15 09:00 PM

Will, thanks for the heads-up! Sooner or later I'm going to see this with the family, and if I know it's going to be painful, then I can be ready. Everything I've seen from Pixar has a much larger story to it, and the top-notch execution and comic
Male Survivors
He was a young teacher that loved the outdoors. He was a laid back, calm guy that seemed to just want to have fun and share his enthusiasm for camping, fishing, biking etc... but he was really just a mean person that put his own needs ahead of young
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling left out - possible trigger warning by Rich1967 @ 06/30/15 12:57 PM

I too didn't have the same experience but I get what you are feeling. My T pointed out to me that as humans we are pack animals... we like feeling accepted by others. I think for men this is particularly true. We say that we don't need anyone but
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Should I tell my wife? by Winhamness @ 06/30/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: payneYou are right, her reaction to the nightie thing shut me down instead of helping me to open up. Exactly. To me, that's the sort of thing that marriage counseling is made to address. She has to be able to understand how
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Does working out trigger you? by Survivinguy @ 06/29/15 09:00 PM

Thanks for the responses guys - Don I appreciate that you can relate and that you shared so much of your experience and KC I appreciate your good advice of maintaining a healthy workout without pushing too hard.
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ 06/29/15 07:28 PM

Hey JayBro Thanks for the offer of saving me. I haven't been in the Village on a Saturday night in over 40 years. The hustle and bustle is looks the same as 40-50 years ago except you didn't see the kid hustling on the streets. I drove past some of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mother Asked About Abuse by KMCINVA @ 06/29/15 02:22 PM

Paul It took a lot of courage for your mother to ask about the abuse. Hearing about and apologizing is different than wanting to hear from you. I do hope as you said, your mother does find happiness. I was wondering how did you feel about the quest
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Wednesday, July 1, 2015 by Anomalous @ 06/29/15 12:48 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for Wednesday, July 1, 2015. Anomalous
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: "Was I Abused?" by Bardo @ 06/29/15 12:27 PM

Payne, Welcome to MS, I'm really glad you found us! Good men here, who have all been through some version of your suffering. Lean on us. All the best, Freeman
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The rest of the story *Trigger Alert* by Bardo @ 06/29/15 12:22 PM

Thank you all for your support. Its so true that although life is now harder, what with all of the revealed horror of my life, it is certainly more authentic. And there is a path to more peace. May we all forge ahead on that path. Its interesting how
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: My apologies by Sven @ 06/29/15 12:15 PM

No need to apologise 20 times bobcat I was simply taking care of myself when I left the room. We all miss stuff sometimes, i'm not mad you didn't see the trigger warning question. Although i'm not sure that topic belongs in chat with or without trig
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm a hollow man by Winhamness @ 06/29/15 11:47 AM

Songs make me cry these days. I feel empty too. Especially when I'm alone or when I'm with my parents. I wish I had answers for you. Some days are better then others.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by Robert1000 @ 06/29/15 10:45 AM

That's a good idea, Judith. Thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by Robert1000 @ 06/29/15 10:44 AM

Hey Freeman, I completely agree with you, and my symptoms/behavior actually mirrors yours pretty well, as far as your description goes. Bob
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confused by sportinrucks @ 06/29/15 01:05 AM

Sorry that you didn't get the support that you needed. I had a ''friend'' who I told when I was about 16 or 18, I don't remember the exact age but his response was ''that explains it'' in a very ''not giving a ____ way'' and that was pretty much it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting one of my perps by don64 @ 06/28/15 11:27 PM

I'm sending you love and support, Winter-rain. Life can feel so empty and hopeless, at times. I have found the ability to just doggedly keep on walking has been my most profound asset. It doesn't mean I don't need to stop and rest often, because I
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Day's Music by Suwanee @ 06/28/15 11:17 PM

Today: A recollection…the hot summer of 1987. I was a newly-minted fifteen year-old kid. Out where the river broke The blood wood and the desert oak Holden wrecks and boiling diesels Steam in forty five degrees The time has come To say fair'
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.