Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is anyone going to the conference? by WriterKeith @ 09/17/14 03:40 AM

Healingheart, I have spoken to many, many men who have attended over the past 4 years I've been involved here. Every single one has given glowing reviews about the experience. I know of two members of our LA-Malesurvivor support group who are atten
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Need to vent: Today this feels too hard by journey4two @ 09/16/14 11:10 PM

I find myself these days in a very odd place. This place is better, certainly, then living with a "wall" between us. I had no idea of the degree of the turmoil that my husband lived in behind "his wall". My heart breaks for him
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Issues with a medical from a few years ago by Cthulhu @ 09/16/14 10:12 PM

Okay background: A few years ago as a new infantry reservist I had a medical. I was at that time experiencing some severe PTSD symptoms from CSA. There was a few questionnaires. Some relating to mental health. I filled them all out accurately, a stu
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I want to paint my bathroom! by Jim1104 @ 09/16/14 09:37 PM

I agree with the others. Paint to your heart's content.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Control -- guilt and trust by JW1230 @ 09/16/14 07:09 PM

Wow, your post really hit home with me. Your insight really rang true for me as well. You helped me realize that the little scared, wounded child inside me is running wild, trying to hijack everything because he hasn't yet learned to trust me the A
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Care by lostc @ 09/16/14 06:12 PM

I was pointed to this recently which I also found very similar and helpful: https://rainn.org/get-information/sexual-assault-recovery/self-care-for-survivors
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Penn State Surprise! by Obi @ 09/16/14 12:49 PM

She can't bring herself to admit it because she then would have to admit that she allowed it to happen and did nothing to stop it.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: lawyer jokes by pufferfish @ 09/16/14 11:27 AM

This isn't a joke. I've been reading a fascinating book about a lawyer. In fact it's his memoir. He is very honest about his shortcomings and his agonies. He's a lawyer in Houston. The book has delightful descriptions of childhood and then it goes
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Hear our footseps by zip14 @ 09/16/14 09:58 AM

You did hear our footsteps and you ran from the Cop did you think they would drop it? did you think we would stop? Who's that knocking at your door? who's that ringing your bell? it's the cops you fool your going to jail On another note. I am sure
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The perp that lurks by Doubter @ 09/16/14 07:21 AM

"Relax, just relax," he kept repeating...hoping to coax an orgasm out of my terrified virgin body. "Just relax...let it happen." These are the exact words used by my abuser. I too was 14 years old at the time. My abuser was my fa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going Forward by kcinohio @ 09/16/14 03:57 AM

Yes, good stuff in your post. Thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Darkness: A place of safety or danger? by WriterKeith @ 09/16/14 12:30 AM

ShortedDiode, If you have a blog, I will certainly subscribe and read it. If not, I encourage you to consider it sometime in the future. You have a gift there.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by tbkkfile @ 09/16/14 12:07 AM

Thank you Still it's appreciated
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeping in separate rooms by sugarbaby @ 09/15/14 03:44 PM

Some days the only 'tool' I have in my 'arsenal' is a sledgehammer. So after some regrouping and a bit of a chat we worked this out a bit.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do you deal with being triggered by tbkkfile @ 09/15/14 12:52 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback, it's given me pause for thought. What I hadn't bargained on was the voracity of the Flashbacks, I'd never experienced anything like that before, yes I'd gone through things with my T but this was like actually being b
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Good Triggers by Suwanee @ 09/14/14 10:12 PM

They do exist. For me, they usually come in the form of sounds--the sounds of katydids in the trees, cicadas, or the music in my headphones. I'm so audio-centric, so it makes sense that certain songs or sounds trigger the really good and the reall
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling misunderstood by jas4159 @ 09/14/14 06:08 PM

everyone is important and no one is irrelivent. i think being misunderstood is awasy of liffe ofr us. as unailras it is - just getting over it is BS and not being hypersensitive in our situation is vertually impossible. i hope your day gets bette
International Conference
Jump to new posts Looking for roommate at 2014 conference by mesa74 @ 09/14/14 03:10 PM

Hello, My name is Sam, and I'm 46yo. I'm looking to share a hotel room with someone that has plans to attend the male survivor conference this october 2014. Please send me a private message if you are interested in splitting the cost of a hotel room
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Throw-away kid by Chase Eric @ 09/13/14 12:56 PM

Thanks, Jeff - from one kind soul to another.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Brother Hospitalized by sorryson @ 09/13/14 08:08 AM

Kevin I never thought to call Dad's wife my stepmother until you used the word in your post. I received a private message and someone wrote this about her, sounds like a great person wish there were more people like that in the world. That person is
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being a Survivor is not enough by sorryson @ 09/13/14 07:50 AM

The list made me think of where I am. I think I am somewhere between victim and survivor. From looking at the list I realize most of what I need to change is in the head. I need to believe and see things differently. Sounds like it should be so s
Poetry
Jump to new posts Poem 56 by dark empathy @ 09/13/14 07:46 AM

The storm writhes behind the glass, as all lights pass, and only benders of darkness remain to toss shade and corrupted yellow clouds into the stratos, Fear, like a wave, of things that cannot fly, in small skittering movements, unhurried yet frantic
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Infidelities - male issue or CSA? Or both? by justplainme @ 09/13/14 01:53 AM

Controlling sexual impulses is very hard, because sexuality is something primal in us. Freud used to talk about sublimation the way you channeled your energies from within into something else, i always wondered would the will to have sexual encounter
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: food for thought by nltsaved @ 09/12/14 09:17 PM

Disclaimer Be warned you may be inspired by what you read . you may get offended & if that is the case let me apologize right now because that is not and will never be my intent. My post are meant for reflection & self examination. If you do
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts That Day (40) by iamnotbubba @ 09/12/14 04:32 PM

Thank you all in advance for reading my next chapter. That Day (40) iamnotbubba
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.