Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
9 registered (GT13568, Bardo, Garf, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64170 Topics
447792 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Wed. Dec. 24 and 31 by Anomalous @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle will be cancelled on the following Wednesdays: December 24, 2014 December 31, 2014. Anomalous
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: impossible by FormerTexan @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Love the anamorphic.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: it couldnt be done! by newground @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

lol trip to emergency Eric I have SO TOTALLY been there and then I can only reply "it seemed like a good idea at the time"
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: plug in needed for chat? by manipulated @ 12/20/14 11:58 PM

Thanks. Photon is clumsy but works.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Complex PTSD by gettingstronger @ 12/20/14 09:44 PM

Yup. The shopping list from Hell. And for some of us, the tip of the iceberg. I just read it's also known (for now) as DESNOS, which stands for Disorders of Extreme Stress Not Otherwise Specified. At least a Google search I did today turned up an
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy Issue? by Esposa @ 12/20/14 09:29 PM

The thing is, it is not that complicated. I am sorry if this sounds rough, but he treats you how you allow him to treat you. You are both adults. And he is capable of being kind - he's just not kind to you. And wanting and wishing and remembering
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Ah - the holidays.... by Esposa @ 12/20/14 09:23 PM

I think that people who have no consciousness about the "other"'s experience, who just slightly know it was wrong or bad, are people who like to pretend it didn't happen or people who like to say "get over it already, it was 20 years a
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Media blowhard says rape isn't real by learning2remember @ 12/20/14 04:53 PM

I really feel the best way to counter Coulter is to ignore her. To try to argue with her is to lend legitimacy to her approach. If she is serious, then she is far too ignorant for the amount of media attention and publishing fame she gets. If she kno
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: help for male rape in Army system by Bardo @ 12/20/14 08:18 AM

Ninja, I am 25 years Navy, recently retired. I had not realized my issues until after I retired, so I could not avail myself of the resources available. But I do know that the chaplain is a gatekeeper to the mental health system, and that they will b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: first setback with my wife by Jude @ 12/20/14 05:28 AM

Iaccus, Disclosure is always a crapshoot. And with wives even more so. They don't get why we are bring it up now, why we didn't tell at the time, why we have hidden it from them, what else we might be hiding, and what we want from them now. We hav
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by Jude @ 12/20/14 05:13 AM

Welcome Ninjasm, Don't ever, ever give up. Fight for what was stolen from you with everything you have. Its a long, difficult process to find help and move forward in healing. Just posting here is a huge step. For any guy to say "this terribl
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New Here by Jude @ 12/20/14 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: FuriousMick.... my hostile and violent feelings towards that piece of sh%$ that raped me has almost taken over my life. Welcome Mick, Rage on, you've got plenty to be angry about and holding it in has never worked for any of us
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Here's hoping... by Jude @ 12/20/14 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By: TheGreatWhatI feel so very alone. Welcome TheGreatWhat! "So very alone" says so very much about how we have coped with what happened to us. But your posting here is a huge step out of that isolation. Imagine 12,000+ g
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confusion warning triggers by manipulated @ 12/20/14 03:02 AM

Max, I have been there. So overwhelmed with memories, then guilt, then shame because I must have enjoyed it not only because my body said I did but because I sought out other boys who wanted to explore the ways I had been taught. The depression pa
Poetry
Jump to new posts improvised improvement by victor-victim @ 12/20/14 12:46 AM

my past is history. my future's a mystery. now is infinity. time is eternity. life is opportunity. death is my destiny. fear is my enemy. love is my gift to me. ------------------ inspired by and dedicated to kb8715 IT REALLY DOES GET BET
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: awakening to hell by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 10:28 PM

you deserve no less than all the rest. sleep no more where nightmares dwell. awaken and rise from dreams of hell. open your eyes to paradise. what thrives in the dark night, dies in the daylight.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: SA ends 40 years ago but health impact continues by manipulated @ 12/19/14 10:12 PM

I finished follow up medical tests this week. Upper GI scope on Tuesday and Colonoscopy on Thursday. Found strictures in esophagus which was dilated, GERD, and hiatal hernia all mild to moderate and two benign polyps with unchanged diverticulitis. Wa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IT DOES GET BETTER by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 09:46 PM

yes, indeed, it does, in fact, get better. then it gets worse for a while. THEN IT GETS EVEN BETTER AGAIN! . my past is history. my future's a mystery. now is infinity. time is eternity. life is opportunity. death is my destiny. fear is my
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "It'll All Be OK" by woodenshoes @ 12/19/14 09:35 PM

Very true Husky. Thank you. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas by don64 @ 12/19/14 08:20 PM

Hi Txb, I find that honoring my own feelings is the beginning of understanding them in a context. It doesn't mean I need to change them. It does mean that I find it important to understand my feelings if I want them to be a part of supporting me o
Male Survivors
Hi TheGreatWhat, Just asking the questions you are asking is so healthy, from my perspective. For me, confusion is a healthy process, and a signal that my insides are re-forming--in the midst of coming to a new understanding of myself. However, th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Love? by myrlin @ 12/19/14 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Chase Eric But I think that a quieter perspective can be a norm for some of us. Hate and anger are always the loudest voices. And as they shout around us, we stay hidden, having not owned our bodies, our destinies or our inte
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Bully by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 03:18 PM

i have two teen daughters. i hurt when they hurt. the social surfing sure is up and down. like you said, one comment can collapse confidence. i can barely remember my own past pain, so sometimes i can't connect but my girls are quick to remind
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: MEGA pedo ring at highest levels of UK govt by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 01:58 AM

the predators come from all walks of life. they come in all shapes and sizes. why not the rich and powerful?
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by victor-victim @ 12/18/14 07:47 PM

thanks, obi. keep the prayers coming. this is far from over. it's just getting started. we are years away from closure.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.