Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63852 Topics
445854 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Excerpt from "The Boat" - Alistair MacLeod (1968) by highflight @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

Came across this passage in the subject story. It's in a compilation Titled Island: The Complete Stories. I thought that it was powerfully descriptive and really hit home for how I feel some days. Quote:There are times even now, when I awake at fo
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Comfortably Numb by highflight @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

Such a powerful song. This one always resonated with me as well, but hadn't seen this video. Thanks!
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I just called an MST number...here's what happened by GeorgeMartin @ Yesterday at 04:01 AM

At times, I think I am making it all up. That the horrors of my childhood are false. That I am fake. Its just that its been thirty-five years since we were in that environment of abuse and torment. In the one dynamic I can discern quite a number
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Starting recovery by Dave PNW @ Yesterday at 01:02 AM

Anura I read several of your posts and your story this evening and I wanted to reach out and tell you I understand. Our stories are similar in some ways. I was first abused by a neighbor when I was 9 and then again by the same boy more frequently
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I feel terrible for writing this by GoodHope @ 10/29/14 10:40 PM

When i think of intimacy, I don't think of sex at all. I think of a willingness to be known and seen. I think my husband and I lack that, but the sex is great. I guess the perfect combination would be both. As long as your partner keeps his "mas
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Some YOU PerspectivE by Chase Eric @ 10/29/14 10:13 PM

Agree. But hearts that beat so conditionally do not beat true.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pray for me please by fhorns @ 10/29/14 09:07 PM

Ok, just sharing some small victories and answered prayers lately. As of 2 days ago, I'd read something in Guideposts, and it mirrored what I'd heard (in my head): read. Feeling frustrated, I called out "God, I need to know what you want me
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bikers stand up against child abuse by InsideTheWall @ 10/29/14 08:55 PM

I'm familiar BACA if thats who you're talking about. If I ever manage to get that motorcycle, I may join them. They have a local chapter.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero by Sonata1 @ 10/29/14 04:34 PM

Eric, Thanks for sharing this. I'm remembering "the greater love has no one than this, than to lay down his life for his friends" passage from Scripture. I believe that, and think it is the essence of the deepest heroism. I know that doesn
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: will it ever change? by JW1230 @ 10/29/14 03:48 PM

Incredibly powerful newbound!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Misplaced expectations? Yes. I was triggered by sugarbaby @ 10/29/14 02:47 PM

Your not perfect. Nobody is. If you recognize a problem you are in a good position to turn it around.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How i feel sometimes by Obi @ 10/29/14 01:47 PM

Just a lot of crap being dumped my way. Just want to scream at people to grow up and have some manners. Have some compassion and empathy, but not in today's society. People suck!
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one......? by fhorns @ 10/29/14 12:40 PM

I've noticed lately....he whispers. Individually, they're never loud. But I get 2 or 3 together and the message--the obvious one--is screaming...well kind of--at me. Listening is my new challenge. When I've done so, I'm amazed at myself for doin
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Storm Passes by newground @ 10/29/14 11:47 AM

thanks for this bluesky. Sometimes I wonder if it could be that simple.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts I'm kind of opinionated today..... by sugarbaby @ 10/29/14 09:53 AM

Most of my posts are kind of opinionated today. I'm not angry really I'm just frustrated with dancing around this issue and keeping secrets. I'm tired of that. There is a vigilante story that I am connected to via friends of friends and while I do
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Someone abused you..... by sugarbaby @ 10/29/14 09:28 AM

.....but it wasn't me .....so keep that fact in mind H. I had to say it.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: husband saw abuser today by sugarbaby @ 10/29/14 09:26 AM

Please don't feel like I'm judging, I'm not. My first thought is "walk lightly but carry a big stick". My second thought is why the hell is the uncle loose? My third thought is that this will most certainly throw H off the path to peace.
U.S. & World News
You are so right, Still. I can't remember where i first read this article - about the one blue guitar string - but when i did, i teared up - and did again today when i re-read it. she is an admirable person - and i wish there were more like her in t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: not again... by don64 @ 10/29/14 01:10 AM

Sending you love and support, Sven. Don
Jump to new posts Re: Thought for today by james 1959 @ 10/28/14 08:46 PM

Amen
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Just...new member by jmr2191 @ 10/28/14 05:11 PM

Thank you everyone for your kindness as I shared my story. I wasn't quite sure how it would come out. My sincerest apologies for not replying sooner (my schedule can get somewhat erratic at times). I hope to contribute positively here, as well in wha
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Love Driving Stick by NoSimpleMachine @ 10/28/14 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: CastleI love driving my standard. 04 VW GTI, with some performance upgrades Me too! Down to year, make, and model even It's funny, well before I uncovered my abuse, a couple people would poke fun at me for not being straight
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Sort of a "re-introduction" by highflight @ 10/28/14 01:56 PM

CE, You're exactly right with the writing. One week my therapist gave me homework - to write 2 separate stories involving "good memories" from that time period. This was a real challenge as I just never think much about that time unless it
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Some Thrive by Obi @ 10/28/14 10:48 AM

Glad to hear it. Still, I hope you, as well as everyone else here, takes this story to heart that there are people out there who do care about you / us and that you can have a good life.
Sexual Identity Issues
All, This is a big part of the sorting out that I need to do for myself, as well. When my brother abused me at age 11, I am pretty sure that there was no "gay predisposition" in place. No history in my family (that is known), and certainly
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.