Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (traveler, petercorbett, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443101 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to Start by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 01:05 AM

great news. good to hear from you. congratulations and best wishes.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 12:58 AM

amen, Jude. applaud the rescue. avoid the revenge. that is the most positive aspect of this otherwise negative event. we can all agree that the boy's welfare should be top priority.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: breakthrough is scaring the crap out of me by don64 @ 08/20/14 10:48 PM

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your post. At home alone it's not so hard for me to work things out. This is the first time I have been in a social setting in nearly a year, and the last time was a disaster. I have healed and grown a lot during that time, a
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Fasting, diet and depression by Suwanee @ 08/20/14 10:35 PM

Agreed! We always have a ton of dishes after every meal because we rely on freshly-made food instead of pre-packaged stuff. I love bread, but my wife likes to bake from scratch. Her bread has all of four or five ingredients. She made a cherry pie la
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: prescription to kill by victor-victim @ 08/20/14 10:08 PM

these are good jokes.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: I need a raise by bluesky @ 08/20/14 09:17 PM

Hahahahahaha!!!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancellation Dates by Anomalous @ 08/20/14 04:32 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for the following dates: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 Sunday, August 24, 2014. Anomalous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: avoidance of suffering by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/20/14 03:42 PM

"Recovery is a way of life" Kinda goes with my thinking lately: once you get through the 5 stages of grief, the 6th stage is living and moving forward as best as possible. It's all one continuum of effort and is never done and dusted.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Shame: why I'm here by motmcd @ 08/20/14 11:55 AM

Nice having you back, fhorns. Whatever the reason for coming back you're in a good place.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: changing dynamics by Obi @ 08/20/14 09:39 AM

Appreciate the kind words, but all I do is hurt people when I open myself up. my heart has always been in the right place, but apparently my head isn't. it is better that people just don't get to know me. Just stay away so I don't accidentally hurt
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i volunteered by DavoSwim @ 08/20/14 05:33 AM

Lee, Thanks for telling us these wonderful stories of how a past history of CSA can be used to bring people together rather than divide and separate that. And more than just being a feel good story, you've told us some specific examples of how you'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reality Check by traveler @ 08/20/14 04:34 AM

rb - one of the guys who used to post a lot described recovery as a roller-coaster. that is a very apt description. i often liken it to a pendulum - first swinging to one extreme and then to the other and opposite. The good thing to notice about each
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Economic impact of child sexual abuse profound by tbkkfile @ 08/20/14 01:09 AM

Yes as well Puffer seems to echo my journey, I'm now 56 and in the middle of recovery, it's way too late for me to start again. Don - I'm interested in how you withdrew from capitalism and materialism and what it's mean't for you. David
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Brother Hospitalized by KMCINVA @ 08/19/14 10:03 PM

Sorry I missed this posting. Great news. I can relate to the nights without nightmares and flashbacks-such welcome relief. Sounds like everyone is moving in the right direction. Your son seemed to be a great mediator. You should be proud of his o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Home & realizing how negative an influence mom is by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/19/14 09:06 PM

So I've had 5 or 6 days to mull this whole situation over, and I needed it. The diverse mental processes that have been involved in figuring out how to approach this issue and my mom have touched on various other subjects, helped me work out some th
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Abuse of Boys by cosmos @ 08/19/14 06:27 PM

thanx Puffer Chris
Spirituality and Survivors
On the topic of forgiving the perp, I have understood this to be a highly personal issue , one that takes a different shape for each person. I will only speak for myself on this topic. I have come to understand that forgiving the perp is not somet
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by lostc @ 08/19/14 09:09 AM

Thanks pittsburgh I appreciate it. Yeah my heads just all over the place right now, just have to keep going forward right now. Thanks best wishes to you too.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: smart funny science humour by victor-victim @ 08/19/14 01:23 AM

Q: what happens to photons that violate the laws of physics? A: they wind up in prism.
Humor
Jump to new posts catastrophic failure by victor-victim @ 08/19/14 01:08 AM

couldn't resist sharing this. one of our favourite rigging stories. bricklayer's accident report Dear Sir: I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 3 of the accident report form. I put "Poor planning
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: creek by victor-victim @ 08/18/14 11:40 PM

good one, nothingman!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Afraid to Move Forward by unhappycamper @ 08/18/14 09:22 PM

I've found this a very insightful thread. I still have some of the fears that Jude mentions in the top post: since the Age of Flashbacks began in 1994, I've been afraid to turn my back on the CSA. After all, that's what I did for 35 years, and all I
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Brief introduction: ASA by ex-boyfriend by Bluedogone @ 08/18/14 08:40 PM

Welcome AustinChemist, Thanks for this first post. Your comment: "and -- with time -- heal" is so significant for me. I hope you find MS will be a meaningful help with you healing.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: drunk driving, english style by Sven @ 08/18/14 05:05 PM

haha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do I have to forgive? KEN SINGER comment by WriterKeith @ 08/18/14 01:38 AM

For fellow survivors pondering or struggling with the belief or indoctrination of "you MUST forgive," you may find peace in learning about "Narcissistic Personality Disorder." There are fellow survivors here who have discussed it, but I hadn't grasp
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.