Newest Members
justme123, JaySzee, Paz, COLLINS AKINSE, Searching13
12967 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alexei (33), alexey (33), freudslip (73), jonny (50), Sam Rhim (41)
Who's Online
5 registered (manipulated, 4 invisible), 61 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12967 Members
75 Forums
67222 Topics
469345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Are flashbacks part of the healing process by Acorn2Oak @ 02/10/16 09:29 PM

Echoing others above, flashbacks can be both. And, when I am/was in one, it tends to be all consuming, hard to think, hard to function, depending on the intensity. My first one that I knew was a flashback was really intense - emotionally reliving a c
Moving Forward: Research Studies
Jump to new posts Men’s Adult Sexual Assault Experience Study by Chris Anderson @ 02/10/16 06:01 PM

Volunteers needed for Men’s Adult Sexual Assault Experience Study Would you like to donate about an hour of your time for an interview about your life and your sexual victimization experience? The research focuses on how men make sense of their sexu
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 02/10/16 02:08 PM

The best thing you can do for your health and weight loss is avoid grains until you get to your target weight. And at that point, eat them sparingly, if at all. when i t can umlong enough. I race.. down fox bay. and then I trur turn an d I ask
Family and Friends
Thank you for posting, Trishy... it does help... mostly just talking about it - since it's not something I can share. I don't know if I am ready to give up on the physical side... in every other aspect, our marriage is great and our daily life is won
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl & sex trafficking by Nothing Man @ 02/10/16 10:03 AM

American exceptionalism?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Inspirational Video Trigger Warning by KMCINVA @ 02/10/16 09:55 AM

I found the courage of these survivors to be inspirational in this video. It is the trailer for a film Pursuit of Truth by Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse https://vimeo.com/61221786 Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Quote Being Treated Badly by BFree27 @ 02/10/16 09:47 AM

I've always been under the impression that humans are on this planet to observe. Whatever may be "good", whatever may be "bad", it doesn't really matter at the end of it all, when we finally destroy this planet with our horrible h
Classifieds
Hi Brian, I don't know if you have contacted the OCRCC, but I've been in contact with this group and am registered to participate in it if I still decide to go. Anyway, If you need the person's name who is organizing it, let me know. I think it's gr
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Native American Religion by 30something @ 02/09/16 10:09 PM

"The beauty of generosity." Well stated.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I feel this. (TRIGGER))))) by forgive777 @ 02/09/16 09:31 PM

Thanks John I will look into a professional mean while I'm content this feelings are normal for a survivor......
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Exercise Motivation Team by txb @ 02/09/16 07:15 PM

Thanks. It seems that my abuser is still continuing with his downward spiral. I actually feel worse about seeing him at the wedding now. He seems all depressed and a bit out of control. I'm kind of glad to hear that one of your abusers was arrested f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: relapse and recovery by Sven @ 02/09/16 06:53 PM

Kicking myself I didn't get to this post sooner. I'm afraid I have no big inspirational words to say.. Just hang in there... Talk to us as you can.. Take a day one minute at a time if you have to. I've never been addicted to drugs or booze or someth
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another meltdown in church by manipulated @ 02/09/16 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: abused9Thanks for the words Kevin As I sit in church lately, I'm finding myself disconnected, and having flashbacks, and a bit numb. Perhaps I need a break from going. I'm not sure of the benefit of going if my mind seems to not
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by manipulated @ 02/09/16 02:48 PM

Great Job! You made it through and were there for at least 1/2. You carried out Winston Churchill's instructions.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by Bluedogone @ 02/09/16 12:46 PM

Good One, Mike !!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Parasitoid (maybe triggering - imagery) by concerned_husky @ 02/09/16 10:33 AM

Thanks 30something...I appreciate it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Role Reversal by Nothing Man @ 02/09/16 09:10 AM

Hi Husky. Addiction is addiction is addiction and so many of us have suffered from the various forms this illness takes. I am a recovering addict myself and so your post moved me because I understand the feeling of vulnerability and being so alone
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning - Father by Shyshark @ 02/09/16 08:38 AM

((( iaccus )))
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Roommate is Triggering (trigger warning) by Austin54 @ 02/09/16 04:49 AM

Great BFree... It is wonderful ad encouraging to see people advance and grow! Thanks for your patience and flexibility, they are good qualities that will take you far and lead to much healing.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Ralph Waldo Emerson by victor-victim @ 02/09/16 12:38 AM

(tommyb)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Depression in public. Looking for advice here. by 30something @ 02/08/16 11:10 PM

abused9, I'm sorry you are/were hurting. I agree with concerned_husky that you are fine to feel the way you feel. Since you asked, one thing that has worked for me (in terms of working through strong emotions when they strike) is avoiding alcohol a
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Echoes of Innocence- Survivor - Stephen Hill by 30something @ 02/08/16 10:35 PM

Thank you for the rec, oriolesguy.
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Assaulted as an adult by another man---Triggers by Sterling @ 02/08/16 09:42 PM

Im really sorry this happened to you johelp. very saddened by this. take good care of yourself! These guys are amazing here; hope you can trust guys here to be there for you when you need support. James
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Thorn Technology Task Force by victor-victim @ 02/08/16 09:25 PM

“WE KNOW THAT TECHNOLOGY FACILITATES THE EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN, BUT WE ALSO KNOW THAT WITHIN TECHNOLOGY RESIDES A SOLUTION.” THORN TECHNOLOGY TASK FORCE https://www.wearethorn.org/ "The Thorn Technology Task Force is comprised of more than
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going to se the movie Spotlight by abused9 @ 02/08/16 02:45 PM

Dave, I completely understand.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.