Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (Greg56, Seekingwisdom), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Decision by Vedder32 @ Today at 09:00 PM

well I solved the dilemma. I am not going. my needs are far greater than the ordeal. just didn't care for the message I got back in return from others.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what is masculinity? by finallyhere @ Today at 08:15 PM

Dark Empathy - my sincere apologies. I never intended to equate what I experienced with yours. Although my abuse dealt me a blow of its own, I always fear that I let it affect me more than it should have especially when I learn what so many have had
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Alone and Feeling Isolated by PhoenixRising @ Today at 07:08 PM

Thank you for your words. There is at times a nostalgia for what I thought was, and the space that is left without it. That being said, I am realizing that to try to remain in relationship with them, denies my relationship with the abused child I wa
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What shall I say to them? by ALovingMum @ Today at 05:51 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. @Esposa - No, this was not said by a therapist or in respect of giving my son therapy, it was said with a view to say that child sexual abuse is not harmful to the child. And that the child should be forced to go
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Thanks guys! by jj78 @ Today at 05:37 PM

I'd like to thank everyone for their interest in the Songs for Survivors thread which just surpassed 100,000 views. When I started this thread nearly 4 years ago shortly after joining, it was my way of expressing my feelings and thoughts about my
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Please help me by Going forward @ Today at 04:33 PM

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through I have lived such a similar life that I can relate to everything you are feeling. I would like to share a few things with you; as much as we want to know every detail of the lies and infidelity at this
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Catch 22 by Carol Ann @ Today at 01:44 PM

Thank you Sugarbaby for your words of support! Sometimes the stress of feeling like I'm responsible for breaking up the family gets to be a bit much. One good thing though, my son did check out this site one time and I am hoping that he will come bac
U.S. & World News
Originally Posted By: OcellarisAs a follow up to the Bryan Singer case, we have another survivor who can't find justice in the legal system. I feel for Michael Egan. If anyone wonders why so few survivors every report their abuse, it's because of out
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My regret is growing everyday by Still @ Today at 01:36 PM

At this point, what does a new university student want? IMO: any familiarity accessible, any support to not feel alone in a very strange world with no reasonable break from it, someone to talk who already knows him. A "fixer" of problems th
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts Re: What shall I say to them? by Chris Anderson @ Today at 09:58 AM

ALM, Please email me directly at canderson@malesurvivor.org. It will be helpful for me to know where specifically this is and any other details you can share (please don't post that here, but rather put in the email).
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: A bit about me. by Bluedogone @ Today at 07:09 AM

Hi woodenshoes and welcome, I think you've written more than you'll ever know. There's just something liberating about writing, or about saying to someone, or even saying to yourself the words - I was abused. It's the first step (and a damn impor
Introductions
Jump to new posts What shall I say to them? by ALovingMum @ Today at 05:58 AM

I need your help again please: I was told by the court appointed guardian for my children that any child that has been sexually abused should not be allowed to have a negative view of the abuse or that abuser if the abuser is the father!!! So a chil
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: lawyer jokes by ALovingMum @ Today at 05:28 AM

LOL...how true! Thanks for making me laugh.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Visitation by ALovingMum @ Today at 04:16 AM

What???? If you still need this please go to Dr Claire Reeves. She is a highly respected expert in this field and she will be more than happy to help you. Her website address is www.againstsexualabuse.org and you can reach her there by clicking con
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: THEY GOT HIM !!!!!!!!!!! by ALovingMum @ Today at 03:56 AM

I'm so so happy for you! Sorry I haven't been on here for such a long time. Been dealing with my son's issues. How is your nephew and I hope that vile creature got put away!
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: What shall I say to them? by ALovingMum @ Today at 03:18 AM

I am not sure if this has been posted in the right section or not. Can anyone point me in the right direction please as I need urgent replies and assistance please.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Why Are Families Selfish and Harm Children by sorryson @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

You are right we can talk and share here. For me I have learned abuse is when one controls someone, emotionally or physically. The physical can be seen but the emotional is hidden. Many times it is words that control. Guilt I have learned can be a
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts I love you so I must let you go. by Esposa @ Yesterday at 06:27 PM

My dear, I am tired. I am a man who has seen the way through the forest but who has taken too many wrong turns to continue. Your way is beautiful and wonderful and peaceful and hopeful. And it requires much of me. I must shed so much of myself to w
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts Forum Structure by NoSimpleMachine @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

I'm finding more and more that the structure of these forums and sub-forums really doesn't work too great. I've done a lot of forum administration over the years so I'd hope that my suggestions aren't off the wall or difficult to implement, though ad
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Family members who were abused&comfort by Esposa @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

This is a great place to air your fears, feelings, thoughts, questions - and process them a little before taking them to your partner.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: The Nose Knows by 1lifenow @ Yesterday at 12:16 PM

I dont think we have a choice over of a lot of things we think of as free will. We come to feel, believe and think the way we do as a result of so many influences both innate and acquired. The thought processes we have are a distillation of our own
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: movies by traveler @ Yesterday at 05:35 AM

I just watched “Good Will Hunting” for the first time last night. I was unprepared for the not too unpredictable “surprise” that the title character had been abused as a boy. Though the script refers to verbal and physical abuse and does not mention
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A new chapter in my sex life. by justplainme @ Yesterday at 04:36 AM

I appreciate the sentiments NosimpleMachine.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I had a set back this week by 1lifenow @ Yesterday at 03:42 AM

Its a tough thing when you feel your body and emotions betray you without you being able to stop it. I wonder if it was the touch that was unexpected or the lack of control. I dont think it was the pain you felt but the remembrance of a distant cal
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: JUST made contact with first abuser...*TRIGGERS!* by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 12:56 AM

Thank you for saying that Castle - I second it. I would only confront with support. I am grateful for a wonderful therapist, whom I have been seeing for 2 years (an many more therapists before that). And yes, there will a whole lot to talk about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.