Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (45), ferdie1949 (65), jonathan (57), LovingFriend (27), tjp42588 (26)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 55 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62567 Topics
438394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Playing with nephew by forgive777 @ Today at 02:12 AM

And iam gonna leave you with this it might be a lil tough but i heard this from someone here.. ""Expect the unexpected" Be careful who you want to tell about the abuse ... but my strong recommendation if your nephews mother or father
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The Bar Keeps Moving by focusedbody @ Today at 01:07 AM

Hey, Airmid. Your post makes me think of a couple of things on the ongoing, and oh so pleasant, subject of shame. Originally Posted By: AirmidIntimacy is him sexually teasing every now and then, only to claim exhaustion later that night. I wold be
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The End Of A Boy's Pre-Abuse World by pufferfish @ Today at 12:24 AM

ShortedDiode That was beautifully stated. Thank you. Puffer
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: I wish I weren asexual by pufferfish @ Today at 12:14 AM

Sexuality is such a great gift God has given to us. But it is easily distorted by pictures or stories. It's steered awry by having parents or a parent who casts a misdirected image of their sexual role. It is also distorted by sexual abuse of a chi
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Psychology Question: **** TRIGGER WARNING!***** by pufferfish @ Today at 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: sugarbabyI am trying to understand a story I heard. Is there some psychological thing with a perp that they would purposely setup one child to 'accidentally' catch them abusing another child? Is that some twisted thing they d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: zip14Thank you for sharing this. I can relate to much of what you have posted here. I dealt with it by boxing it up and tucking it away on a shelf for 40+ years. Not easy once we open the box. Good for you that you have been ab
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by morgan662 @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

I reconnected with my dad, even though we never talked about the abuse. He just seemed to change - maybe therapy or medication, I don't know. Also the abuse wasn't as invasive as others have experienced. We actually talk fairly often now.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by realalphabetmg @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Each time, when she stopped, she told me I had to have kids and love her because what she was doing was what I needed. Mosaic 46XXY/47XYX intersex, I was lost life and not the reality of the image she wanted: blonde, male, a father-to-be. I am a surv
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another Milestone...Sad & Angry by bey @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

When I was in my early 20s I had no real plans to quit using heroin until some guy asked me why I used, and for some crazy reason I told him the truth, that it was because my parents had abused me and junk made it easier to deal with. He told me his
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: having my aura photographed by Esposa @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Reiki and any energy work is awesome. Forgiveness is a choice, and a difficult one. I have often felt jealous of those who had a faith that seemed to make forgiveness seem like the only option. I am not one of those so I have had to work very hard
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody knows/try hormone therapy????? by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Thanks for this informative statement. I don't know how to convince my PCP of these things. Puffer
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Question by rebecca24 @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

i dont know when we will see each other again, and i dont want the fiendship to be lost. i miss him a lot because i enjoy his company. he helped me when i had no care taker and now he is afraid to work with me again. perhaps because dealing with m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by traveler @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

good perspective, NG! thank you. lee
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: My Nine/Eleven by newground @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

hey estuardo I will pray as well. I hope that those around you will come to understand the depth of the betrayal. so often they say just forgive when what they mean is get over it. that is not so easily done. I hope for you that you can find peace. a
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by traveler @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

SNL - some of my abusers were also boys of the same age and just slightly older. i know from experience that abuse of this type is often not taken seriously by others who are uninformed about the true nature of abuse. too often it is minimized or rat
U.S. & World News
Jay, for a few years now. correct about the siths. just putting it out there that while 99% of the time it is true that a person reporting they were raped/abused is true, there still is that 1% that make it up no matter how much we believe that ne
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ....and I can still be an ass! by On The Fringe @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jas4159I am glad you are so positive and up. None of us is perfect we are only people and people only have perfect intentions. It really is a positive for me personally. I used to feel not good enough. I was a people please
Jump to new posts Re: The Damage She Did by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: don64 But, I feel a different perspective from you and from FB. My sense is that all of me is still totally intact. All of my wonder and joy and expressiveness and openness to being loved and touched and to touching and loving
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Toxic people in your life by KMCINVA @ 04/23/14 11:40 PM

I now leave and distance myself from toxic personalities and people,no matter how I may be related or know--it is draining and they cannot be changed unless they want to be changed. Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by kcinohio @ 04/23/14 08:29 PM

Thanks for the responses. Don64, you have a great way of presenting your journey.Like your emphasos on love and compassion here. KMCinVA, yes, I think accepting one's value is one of those ongoing challenges I have. While I can get there, usually r
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: prognosis by bey @ 04/23/14 06:24 PM

Thanks traveler. Something to think about. Ben
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Child Abuse affects 1 in 3 Adults by JayBro @ 04/23/14 01:47 PM

I absolutely agree with you! I think prevention measures are needed in conjunction for postvention measures for youth and adults who have survived abuse.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Thank you so much for providing me with more info on this topic! I am so horrified by this project.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Rough Week - small trigger by Jay1946 @ 04/23/14 10:13 AM

Look at it another way. If your brother took it poorly, is because he cares. Having a brother who cares has to be a plus in one's life.
Jump to new posts Re: My Story. by don64 @ 04/23/14 08:45 AM

Hi TEBA, "Should've kept my trap shut" is never healthy in my opinion. It's not that I should never talk, it's that I have to learn to talk in situations that work for me. I have to learn to discern. I have to figure out what is healthy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.