Newest Members
brightheart, Hank2, Severe stammer, Jeff B., Aquarian
12838 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rolling_is_life (29), tjh (25), tommyb (33)
Who's Online
10 registered (intochange, bdave2, 7 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12838 Members
75 Forums
66357 Topics
463673 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by concerned_husky @ 11 minutes 42 seconds ago

Wow Mark... I honestly don't know what to say... It's so rare that someone "gets" it. Just thank you. I'm really touched by the comments.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I was lost but now im found by Severe stammer @ 12 minutes 31 seconds ago

Thanks m8 This means so much with out being laughed at or ridiculed. I'm just learning to come to terms with the life ive had to live x
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: He made me gay by jas4159 @ 18 minutes 42 seconds ago

i struggled with the same questions for years. My reply is to long to put here but you can read it in my bolg. I believe it is chapter 11 sexuality.
Jump to new posts Re: Each Damned Day by AlexBoyd @ 26 minutes 52 seconds ago

Thanks, tommyb. "If you forget for awhile, believe instead." That piece of advice really touched me. It's a wise way to look at things.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: In the dark by jas4159 @ 29 minutes 22 seconds ago

Sounds pretty normal and it really sucks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Incest family .... by jas4159 @ 32 minutes 9 seconds ago

I would love to see the post.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Unite to Face Addiction by jas4159 @ 34 minutes 9 seconds ago

Great post and insight. I also have family that had addiction problems. I think your comments are right on. thank you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Denial by jas4159 @ 37 minutes 3 seconds ago

hello Echos, Great question and no simply answer. In my blog - I think it is chapter 9 Denial, I wrote my experiences about denial. it is to long to put here. If you are interested in reading it just copy and paste from below. thanks
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Abuse Affects My Current Relationship by jas4159 @ 39 minutes 49 seconds ago

When i found myself free of denial: The very first thing i realized was my abuse had affected everything in my life, especially my relationships.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the boy warrior. by Severe stammer @ 40 minutes 0 seconds ago

Beautiful poem x
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Courage to disclose by Severe stammer @ 44 minutes 30 seconds ago

Im so happy you have understanding people in your life to help with compassion and healing , I wasn't so lucky , I lost my mind . Non of my family speak to me now or most of my friends , I haven't seen my children for 8 years which breaks my heart ,
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: "Children do not have affairs with older women" by Sven @ 44 minutes 53 seconds ago

Yeh... sigh. Some people don't have the ability to look further then their nose, ignorance is easier i guess.. So is compassion for anyone besides puppies and themselves
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just for today by jas4159 @ 46 minutes 6 seconds ago

This is my daily quote. The Boy Warrior: You came as a thief in the night. Cowards heroics. And took all that was dear to me, never asking just taking. You followed in the shadows a all the days of my life, But, now I see you, no more places
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Scared to see A therapist by jas4159 @ 48 minutes 52 seconds ago

It is perfectly normal to feel this way. I think most of us felt that way in the beginning stages of our recovery. All i can say it was the best thing i could have done. But it was a tough obstacle to overcome. But when you do i think you will fe
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts I love painting by Severe stammer @ 51 minutes 12 seconds ago

Hello all Im a survivor getting my life back together and I enjoy painting , I live quiet solitary life now . have social phobias and have mental illness and a severe stammer, Does anyone else paint and what have the benefits been to your well bein
Jump to new posts Re: looking for group in canada? by Favero castel @ 52 minutes 1 second ago

the only place that seems to help is called the sexual assault center here in Edmonton. and that was my first choice of course!!! but they are not really prepared having this kind of issues with men!! plus the people who runs that place is a bunch of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Civil action against pedophile? by jas4159 @ 56 minutes 29 seconds ago

Hello zorn, Tough call, I had the opportunity to sue my abusers but decided against it. At the time I decided it would not help my recovery and would be to much on me. Now years later, now that i am in a very good place with my recovery, I think
Jump to new posts Re: Survivor of sexual , mental and physical abuse by Severe stammer @ Today at 01:47 PM

They should of just nailed me to a stake and burnt me for being honest , it may of made them sick but how do you think I felt and I couldn't even speak proper . He who wanted to be the angel had to act the Beast . I can laugh and think you small mind
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: N) Rustic by jas4159 @ Today at 01:47 PM

seems the post is missing.
Male Survivors
Wow, your courage is amazing. As to your question. I would find it to be a really tough call. I think if i thought telling them in such a way that I was coming across as trying to enlighten them and protect them from abuse then i think i would tell
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: . by jas4159 @ Today at 01:40 PM

hello Husky. Try not to be discouraged. Keeping in mind we are by nature of being survivors - We find people in all stages of recovery. many of us are hypersensitive and others are less sensitive. I remember my very first post on Dailystrength.or
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So I like to play the victim by jas4159 @ Today at 01:30 PM

I am so sorry that happened. your therapist broke the trust. I have to wonder if your therapist is really qualified to be working with survivors of CSB. I guess you have a decision to make. It really sucks he did that to you. stay strong
Male Survivors
your so right. It seems we have a long way to go. I think the basic problem is human society simply is not nearly as evolved as most would like to think. Maybe in a hundred years or so society will have solved this one. but for that to happen it wi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling lost and alone... by intochange @ Today at 01:25 PM

Whenever I start to sleep, I wind up clenching muscles corresponding to what is in the dream, or I get almost attacked by a snake but not quite. I despise snakes. I take klonapin. I relax a bit. But, I'm thinking about money as I have never had t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Healing Circle - Every Wednesday Night by Severe stammer @ Today at 01:24 PM

What time is it for England . Thnks a survivor and healing Love and peace
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.