Newest Members
SoFarAhead, yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42
12640 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
franksantiago1 (45), MarkH (51), oceanic (42), timsutt67 (48)
Who's Online
5 registered (Bardo, manipulated, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12640 Members
74 Forums
64898 Topics
453731 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sibling abuse ( triggers ) / thoughts about it by traveler @ 27 minutes 29 seconds ago

Trying - it was definitely abuse. the age difference, the power/influence issue, your lack of choice, and not least, your feelings and the resulting after-effects, all point to this conclusion. it is obvious that you have mixed feelings about it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Ups Downs Forward Backward by sorryson @ 51 minutes 18 seconds ago

Thanks I had a few good nights no nightmares or flashbacks. I am feeling refreshed. Now only if this can become my normal way of living. I am hopeful. I just wanted to say when the doctor said my brother had sociopathic tendencies it does not mea
U.S. & World News
I think maybe all the media attention and victims appearing regarding the BBC scandal, the church scandals, the politician scandals and the Asian/Pakistani gang scandal has caused other victims to feel empowered (or just brought more attention to thi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: free books online about csa anyone ? by lostc @ Today at 06:55 AM

This pdf leaflet, "Recovering from Childhood Abuse", I found quite helpful, you can read it there online or download, https://pdf.yt/d/56s-rJ2jNrNsQJ8H
Family and Friends
Thank you so much for all the replies Mishka95673, HD001 and Cam76. Mishka95673: I think I will ask her what you suggested, and post about the response. I agree, I do feel the same. She is very supportive and understanding though, so these fears are
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Your Spiritual Journey by Bardo @ Today at 04:38 AM

Thank you all for your stories. So incredibly diverse, but all pointing in the same direction. In my case, as with yours Acorn, my sense of alienation from the world finally began to make sense, once I realized that I had been abused by my brother. W
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Facing my past by Bardo @ Today at 04:16 AM

SMC1972, The past cannot be changed, that is true. But how we let it affect our lives can be changed. Unfortunately, as we have all learned through painful experience, that cannot happen without effort and time. Things can get better, most of us here
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I am back.. 8 years later by Bardo @ Today at 04:04 AM

I wish you peace. I wish your brother strength. I wish you both did not have to live through this hell. I lost my sister at 51 to an addiction caused at least in part by her abuse at the hands of our brother, who is also my abuser. I pray for a bette
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shamed by Bardo @ Today at 03:57 AM

My shame has been replaced by my anger. Now I rage rather than sink with self-loathing. I hope, in time, that the rage will be replaced with wisdom, understanding, and peace. I wish the same for you! Freeman
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Insights Into Medical Past by Bardo @ Today at 03:48 AM

KMCINVA, During my highest stress times, back when I was closing my business and being mobilized to go to the Persian Gulf, I had the same thing. They prescribed a beta blocker, which was the most unpleasant drug I have ever been on. I felt like I wa
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts One big question by wfs3189 @ Today at 02:56 AM

I have a question and I'm struggling for the right words to ask it. My best friend and I are both gay men. We've never been intimate with each other. The friendship started 13 years ago, faded for a few years, and then he came back into my life a yea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Images that have helped in working through abuse by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Really good replies. Thank you. I like the giving back dark clumps analogy as well.
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Place for a journal by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

The idea sounds really interesting. I will take it to the team and see what the consensus is. I'm not sure about the technical features of locking a thread to everyone but a single author, and agree that a journal where anyone can write on your thr
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Was I an adult or a child by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

i do agree, Nothing Man. this is from my very first MS post from waaaay back a loooong time ago. this was my first public disclosure and posting it here was one of the hardest things i ever did. but i knew it had to be done, and i am glad i did
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rave review by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

thanks for the kind words of support, guys! today i received an official apology and an assurance that there will be every effort made to pursue the employer. the union has agreed to accept the findings and recommendations of the commissioned re
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Who's in chat? by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

bump
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What triggers do you have ? by Acorn2Oak @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

I'll also agree with KC that it may not be necessary to figure out every trigger. And, at least in my case, may not be possible since they change over time. Some things that used to trigger me don't now, at least not so much. Now, things trigger me t
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Standing Up for the Family Scapegoats, Trevor Todd by Becoming Other @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

Standing Up for the Family Scapegoats, Trevor Todd of Vancouver The middle-class family was invented so that adults could abuse children. To be middle-class means that you do what you are supposed to do, not what is prohibited or what would get you
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to calm down - he lied again by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Hey Bob, I understand that churn and I sympathize greatly with you. I felt so much better after I just let it spew forth. I hope you find yourself in a place this weekend where you feel as though you can open the emotional tap and just let it rip! I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Men supporting men. What does that look like? by Rich1967 @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Something tells me I will be posting about my speaking experience here Stay tuned... In the meantime here's something I found interesting in my research. Interesting that someone thought they needed to post a video about it. https://www.youtube
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: When the abuser has mostly been a "good" person? by lostc @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Thank you focusedbody, I find this hard to get my head around but I'll keep thinking about what you said, I think I'm starting to understand what you mean.
Progress
Jump to new posts 67 months by kcinohio @ 03/26/15 11:35 PM

Since starting this CSA and survivor recovery journey back in '94, this primary partner relationship I have now has finally lasted the longest of all those I've had since or prior. With aftermath of CSA after dissociative blocks were removed, my own
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Waste of a day by kcinohio @ 03/26/15 11:05 PM

Sorry the day was hard. On the up side, sounds like you were able to function through the day well enough that you didn't have to call off or anything. Sometimes, that was the best i could do.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Disarmed or Stockholm Syndrome? by Still @ 03/26/15 10:36 PM

Why We Never Tell Let me begin with the easy one: Stockholm Syndrome. I think the entire concept is all a bunch of bullshit as it applies to CSA. {the end} Disarming the Boy: When a boy is sexually abused, demeaned, degraded....he's similarly
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It Is Not Always Depression by G5 @ 03/26/15 08:38 PM

Yeah I totally connected with the article and said 'That's Me!' I've done a lot of work over the years and am currently doing some EMDR work...I touched on some mother/father: no emotional connections as a child, during a session and was wondering a
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.