Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446669 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by petercorbett @ 34 minutes 18 seconds ago

(((Jeff))), My brother, i hear your cries, i share in your fears & i'll share in your tears. All, i can offer you right now, my brother, is the only thing that i posess, other than my name, is my..................... Compassion, understanding,
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rule number one by victor-victim @ Today at 04:49 AM

me too, traveler.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Thought for today by james 1959 @ Today at 02:52 AM

Thought for to day I Opened my eyes this morning for another new day in life. I do not know what this new day will bring Perhaps it maybe will be a good day filled with wonderful things. Perhaps it maybe will be not so good as i suffer in min
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shaming Dream by manipulated @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Jed, I started dealing with the sex abuse from age 11 to 16 by my assistant scoutmaster only after a break from my usual self - literally 45 years after it started. Six months into therapy I started remembering my dreams for the first time in my lif
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: At that point with Mom by don64 @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Hi FB, I observe my anxiety seeming to remain constant or escalate. I observe myself feeding it with medication, food, sugar. The surplus food and sugar makes me sicker physically. This is ongoing right now. I have re-entered the world of people
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: So this is me by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

sometimes, i read a story, and it makes me sad. but whenever i hear about choirmasters and pastors and such. i get cloudy with anger. sorry, but just that word triggered me badly. such betrayal. it hurts just to think about it. you should neve
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi, Family member here by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

yes... i am afraid it does affect every aspect of your life. right down to the roots. i hope our stories can help you with your empathy and understanding. i have been married 23 years. not easy.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Thank You by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

everything i went through is posted here somewhere. you may not like what you see. it must be told. if it helps anyone understand what is really going on in this world, and if it even saves one child from going through what i did, or if my stor
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

welcome to our corner of the web. i sincerely hope that you find something to work with here. there is a world within our world wherein we survivors of SA exist. i am truly sorry that you have found yourself here, however... i wish you well on y
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: It is time... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

welcome. i hope our stories will help you understand your problems. that is why i bare and share my soul here. what good is my suffering if it does not help others.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: dew introduction by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

i feel for you. i can listen. i can respond. i can care. i can share. this place has been helping me heal for over ten years. i sincerely hope it will do some good for you. welcome to ms.org.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Concerns regarding a boy and his family by catfish86 @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

I agree with Jude. I know at certain points in my life, I was so confused I really didn't understand what I was doing was screwed up nor that what had been done to me was screwed up. I would certainly make a report to the number listed.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by catfish86 @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

I also have been going to AA meetings. I am a little over 4 years sober. That is the longest period in my entire life from birth. I started when I had been scheduled to attend a family church camp. When I started thinking about packing beer is wh
Poetry
Jump to new posts S.O.S ... --- ... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

lkjha#@kblkjgfd4sal(#)*%_(*#&dsal4kja lv;aw9u4;li i am very upset right now. \ someone started harassing my home on wednesday by phone, so i stopped answering, then they started calling my wife at work. she came home angry. we have been arg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A benchmark...feels like headway by learning2remember @ Yesterday at 04:53 AM

Ok. This is a little confusing. I was starting this thread because I thought I'd gotten somehwere, and was even thinking maybe this is how closure starts. I keep hearing people suggest that maybe now that I've realised what I've realised, though, t
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: its not easy by traveler @ Yesterday at 02:21 AM

well done, newground! Keep trying! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Update and looking for advice by Jude @ 11/21/14 11:12 PM

One thing I've learned about SSA, is that fighting it is of no use. I've come to accept it as part of me, reguardless of how it came to be. I am not denying any part of what makes me be me. At the same time I've learned that I can make choices about
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being Loved by God by BuffaloCO @ 11/21/14 10:12 PM

You are as well, God's child. But I know how hard that can be to let it sink in. It took a while for for me, and I'm still working on me with this healing stuff. Cool thing is, the Spirit says he has all eternity to work with us. We are loved!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Power of crosSwords by KMCINVA @ 11/21/14 04:53 PM

P Thank you. Your experiences are helpful to me. Your insights are helpful and being able to see your life in someone else words or experiences helps, at least it did for me, to put your life in perspective. It gave me hope. I have heard of PAS an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I must be insane? by don64 @ 11/21/14 04:50 AM

Hi Magellan, I have been seriously mentally ill my entire life, but part of my illness has been a very mal-adaptive ability to hide in plain sight. What I am discovering as I heal the depths of the illness I have carried, is it has forced me to bec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stop the world I want to think by don64 @ 11/21/14 04:38 AM

Hi David, Sending you love and support. Don
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on how we were groomed by lapchinj @ 11/21/14 12:12 AM

Hey Cthulhu It's interesting that you mention that you knew being called a faggot was bad. Growing up in the '60s I thought that a faggot was a curse word or just plain name calling. I thought the definition of faggot was an anti war protester with
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Forgive? by victor-victim @ 11/20/14 11:55 PM

forgiving takes time. i would focus on surviving and recovery first. hate does not help healing. you have been infected with poison, and it must metabolize before you can even see straight. i was unable to contemplate forgiveness, and i cert
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Becoming sexually vulnerable by Mike26 @ 11/20/14 08:08 PM

Thanks for your responses, guys. This is so incredibly frustrating to me, because it just feels like its one more way in which my abuser has caused ongoing issues in my life. Sex is supposed to be fun, and it sucks that its become a huge issue. While
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by atari_kid86 @ 11/20/14 06:29 PM

Rush - Losing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scFykNMqaws Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - God is in the House https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnh4psx0Hfo Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - New Morning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBLfV5flnY The Dr
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.