Newest Members
scorpus, anitab, NEGuy, Adaylight, lookingforhealin
12698 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CFO Dave (50), Knowhere (37), Mr Toots (50), Red Star Badge (37), six string samurai (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12698 Members
75 Forums
65287 Topics
456564 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Unfortunately not all that uncommon, such flashbacks.. Have had plenty myself both about things i had and hadn't forgotten about.Take your time writing this out... Doesn't have to be all at once Take care BB!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by txb @ Today at 06:28 PM

I had surgery on my hand to repair tendons and it was done with some kind of a block anaesthetic. They injected it into the top of my arm. Maybe you could ask them about that? I think they probably prefer people to be under general anaesthetic becaus
U.S. & World News
They just cancelled the show, you can read that here. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...m-tlc-schedule/
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Free on-line healing journey coming up June 10 by gaatt @ Today at 04:16 PM

Hi Guys, I thought that this free on-line healing journey event might interest some of you. I have no idea how good it will be but am checking it out for myself. It was developed by Brandon Bayes and is hosted by the Mentor's Channel. It starts Ju
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts .gay for me. by Sterling @ Today at 03:40 PM

why do I have to be gay. I feel angry. I feel ugly. I never have had a girlfriend. I remember jenny st. ___ I had a crush on her. But I didn't know who I was, and b/c of him (sperm-donor) - I feel so scared. Fascinating I have this fear and i
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by Nothing Man @ Today at 03:00 PM

I love listening to the piano and I must confess that on those occasions I have to drive a truck, I have a fistful of piano CDs that I play. This is very nice.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by victor-victim @ Today at 02:59 PM

Dear taking it slow. Thanks for the update. Sometimes life just don't seem fair. Karma is slow and justice is rare. Always need to hear positive news. I am happy you are happy with the outcome. Day by day, a new life begins for you. Embrace
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 50 somthing and trying to grow up by Magellan @ Today at 02:27 PM

Almost exactly the same boat. I used to be very loud about my desparation, and developed some horrible coping mechanisms in the past. I became controlling and abusive in an effort to get my own needs met. Once I realized I was doing that, I stopped
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: survivors forgiving perps need not be swift by victor-victim @ Today at 01:34 PM

In my case, I was raped in 1977 and was full of hate until 2011. it took me that long to forgive. I was not ready. I did not want to. I was unable to consider it. The very idea was infuriating. I refused to consider or discuss forgiveness.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by petercorbett @ Today at 12:22 PM

Goran, My Canadian friend/brother. Greetings from Germany. Yes i think about you as you do me, no matter where i am. Keep getting that poison out from your heart, mind, body & soul. Try and not let it eat you alive. You were always a good &
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by lapchinj @ Today at 09:31 AM

hey Todd I've been thinking about this legacy bit for a long time. I doubt that anyone who would look at your pictures or videos could realize that that kid that's being abused is you. At least that's the way I feel. I also think that anyone that re
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Louis CK's Comedy Routine on Child Molesters by unhappycamper @ Today at 09:18 AM

Remember when George Carlin (in)famously said that ANY subject was fair game for jokes, even rape? Well, pardon me if I don't laugh. This thread also brings to mind Penn Jillett's film "The Aristocrats." This is the UN-funniest comedy I've
Poetry
Jump to new posts Oh boy! (Triggers?) by GoodKiwi @ Today at 07:21 AM

Boy Oh boy You play with toys You play with other boys Me? I'm played with As a toy As a boy Boy toy Boy
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Venting mostly, but how do I keep going? by Mark954 @ Today at 06:08 AM

Hey adaylight , welcome ! reading ur post really strikes me how much i see my self in both you and ur man !it's really amazing how we all in this forum share so much similar experience .. i identify with ur husband behavior "when things were go
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ Today at 06:03 AM

Kevin you have been silent. want to make sure you are ok. I will send you an email later. Do not let the bullies win. We learned Mama became a bully to Dad because of all the years she was teased by her brothers and sisters. She needed control. Wh
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rave review by victor-victim @ Today at 03:50 AM

government intervention has happened. again. three more resignations over the past weekend. elections have been announced. executive board has been almost entirely overturned. chaos and crisis. the good news is... those three are no longer in
Jump to new posts Re: Vicious Scum ****TRIGGER WARNING**** by victor-victim @ Today at 03:11 AM

that was harsh. i had to take a break or two, but i finally made it through. i feel physically ill after watching that. thank god they rescued one child. by arresting the whole ring, they are stopping future abuse. the boy is being inundat
U.S. & World News
Staggering numbers here. Thought this article about it was a little clearer - http://news.npcc.police.uk/releases/over...in-institutions
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: interesting article by betrayed boy @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

that was pretty cool
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Keeps me alive by newground @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

I think this topic is similar to something I have thought about for a long time. As we consider the pain that is faced so often how often do we consider the strength that is displayed in the lives of the survivor? I have seen amazing strength shown h
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Assaulted as an adult by another man---Triggers by honorableman @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

I echo Nothing Man. Someone else made that choice. You my friend, are blameless. Aren't we all?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting the abuser by zip14 @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

That showed some guts. He is not alone in wanting an apology. I have requested that through the Crown Attorney but don't know what to expect at this point. This was inspiring and will draw on it.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: starting a blog by tommyb @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Tell it as a cautionary tale where the protagonist plays the villain and all other characters are saints. If you use that structure while writing non-fiction, the end result will work. Be honest, but never forget that the structure will save you in t
Jump to new posts Re: Take These Broken Wings, by Daniel Mackler by Nomadic @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

Coming Off Psych Drugs: A Meeting of the Minds My own experience from decades of doing very hard work on myself is that people come out okay when they are able to feel their feelings. Once in a while talking with a therapist will help, but usually
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mother's Day was a problem by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses. Sometimes it's good to have a little rant and know that people can hear it. Take care, Mike
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.