Newest Members
Mark71, oic, ocean, alone87, letheaqua
12882 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (54), LeeM1974 (41), MATROS48 (58), victor valdez (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (GT13568, Older1, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12882 Members
75 Forums
66658 Topics
465787 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Help by Ghostcrab124 @ 56 minutes 44 seconds ago

Hoosierdaddy, Like many others here, there are common elements and themes in our lives as a result of CSA. I was sexually assaulted when I was 11 by my teacher. For me, trust got thrown under the bus. I had no reason to fear my own dad, but I had t
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by Nothing Man @ Today at 08:21 AM

(((Husky))) I am so so sorry life is dark for you right now. We often face that in life, when events overtake us and become overwhelming. Take solace in the music you create and share with us. Your playing is beautiful and it is obvious you pour
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Who is this inside me talking? by Nothing Man @ Today at 08:14 AM

My therapist advocates giving ourselves what he calls "exquisite self-compassion" for what we have been through. That means not being loyal to dysfunction by continuing to believe the lies that we are unworthy and broken. We are survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Hands and Feet So Cold by KMCINVA @ Today at 07:59 AM

thanks tommyb This morning my hands and feet so cold I tossed and turned the night away The memories set a spark of the old Of all that was done to destroy and take control My hands and feet so cold My clan did all they could to see me undo Telling
Survivors of Female Abuse
hey Luke, thank you so, so much for your reply. i dont know man, its been a whole fucking life of depression and anxiety and loneliness. many kinds of abuse all throughout my life. mental illnesses for over half of my life. never had any real, true
Jump to new posts Re: Pj's are for babies by tommyb @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forgiveness...for the abusers? by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Hi zip14, Congratulations for working with the Canadian justice system in pursuing a criminal complaint. It can be pretty stressful and frustrating. It takes bravery and a lot of courage to follow through. I've always felt that trying to see that
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Me, my girfriend, and her mother by Mark71 @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

I've been reading this forum as a guest for some time now, and have finally decided to post about what happened to me. It's taken me a long time to accept that it was abuse, partly because I was 19 when it started, and I've always thought that made m
Jump to new posts Re: Intro by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

welcome aboard, Mark71. may you find peace.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling and More Disturbing News by woodenshoes @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

Kevin Sorry for your friends loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((((((kevin))))))) Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Married - Should I Be Worried? by J.R. @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Thanks to both of you for your kind words of insight and encouragement regarding the beauty and promise of marriage. Interestingly enough @dark_empathy, much of what you mention is a reality for me currently. The best part of the situation is that
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: THE END OF SSA-Easily Overcome by nltsaved @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Jay and nothing man you both hit the nail on the head for me. I really wish I could change my thoughts but it is an endless battle. I see it as the thorn in my flesh, I have come to except it will always be there because of the confusion of my firs
Jump to new posts Re: Intro: Reliving things. by Carries The Fire @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Welcome Hujames, Yours is an all familiar scenario, and right now the stopped eating/sleeping I can relate to that, as I have just went through 1 month of this, which has led me to here. You have taken the first courageous step, by joining this com
Jump to new posts Looking for friend, pen-pal!! by Favero castel @ Yesterday at 09:58 AM

looking for someone to talk about general-private stuff, I'm quite a loner but I do try to run a life on a regular basis here. sometimes i feel quite depressed about some issues, and I heard is always good to talk with someone..Im 32yo.. I can send
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 17 Things Former Bullied Kids Do Differently by Michael1965 @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

Very true!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Spotlight" by LinEar @ 11/23/15 09:24 PM

Spotlight...get me out of this spotlight. It looked okay but somehow doesn't feel right.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Native American Religion by don64 @ 11/23/15 06:10 PM

I am constantly amazed, Victor, at the nougats of wisdom I read in what you share in this topic. These are things I normally associate more with Buddhism. Obviously I am no religious scholar. Thanks, again, for sharing. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Acknowledging abuse around the holidays. by gettingstronger @ 11/23/15 05:53 PM

Overcomer, I think we can all relate in one way or another! My abuse happened around the holidays as well, plus there were numerous things with my family that made the holidays something I just had to get through. So I know where you're coming fro
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: One problem with not masturbating by EdfromNYC @ 11/23/15 05:50 PM

I have close to 11 months masturbation free but that is just me and not seeking a monk lifestyle. I had problems in that when I masturbated, it was to old ideas which grew out of the same sex abuse. It always left me conflicted but I was drawn to it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Apology, Demons, Addiction & Some Disclosure by Carries The Fire @ 11/23/15 12:37 PM

Thank you for all the comments and support. I really appreciate it, and the advice you have all given is valid and useful. I do feel the medication I am on, is stalling my healing, it is a kind of sedative, to make my life easier as my body goes thro
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Leonard Nimoy - a moment of silence by victor-victim @ 11/23/15 05:25 AM

Leonard Nimoy with Geoff Boucher on Hero Complex: The Show - Part 1 Leonard Nimoy does a William Shatner Impression on Hero Complex: The Show - Part 2
Jump to new posts art flowchart by victor-victim @ 11/23/15 02:05 AM

art flowchart
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Book by charty @ 11/22/15 11:53 PM

Andy, Thank you so much for getting it listed in the books section. It's too bad Denver is to far away. I lived there for four years and would love to get out that way again, too.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: At a fork by LinEar @ 11/22/15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 1in6 I'm no therapist or psychologist or a professional counselor or anything like that. But I'm a good man who had bad things happen to him, and I deserve to be happy now. Your husband deserves to be happy. And so do you and m
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Day's Music by Suwanee @ 11/22/15 09:47 PM

Last night felt just felt like this. I remember many times I just simply got in the car and drove through the city at night hoping to clear my mind. Disregard the fact this song was used in "Boogie Nights." Or not. Despite this video intro,
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.