Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444111 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Rise above the Storm"...(my new tattoo) by victor-victim @ 31 minutes 33 seconds ago

congrats on the tat. i love my body, and i love my tattoos. they tell stories and start conversations. i have earned my scars, and i have always considered tattoos as beautiful scars. it is a positive twist on an old bad habit of self mutilation
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch! by victor-victim @ 45 minutes 27 seconds ago

latest update: fingernail is finally falling off. still stuck on like a big bad hangnail. good news is... there is a fully formed fingernail underneath. it might look fairly normal after this is all over.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Well Sh**!! by Still @ Today at 09:07 PM

If I were a rich man.... Damn Jay! I'm supposed to have this! May it go to a good collection. Jay's Board!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Will it ever get better by gettingstronger @ Today at 09:01 PM

Absolutely. Love and peace to all of you who love a survivor. If I could, I'd pay to fly you all so you could be together, and I'd throw in a case of wine (and cookies) for good measure. I see in you what I see in my wife, and it's amazing. Bob
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it so difficult? by Still @ Today at 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: PhoenixRising He wants to live fully. Why the fuck does it have to be so difficult? Being at the end of your description is not why I selected those sentences. They are the words that resonate, and I do not mean that in any
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: God of your mind Or the True and living God ? by victor-victim @ Today at 08:31 PM

i have been busy building houses of sticks and straws and stones, and many have collapsed and burnt down and blown over, but my foundation of faith in christ is as firm as forever. i have been saved. i will be transformed. i have survived. i w
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by JayBro @ Today at 06:59 PM

Hey SayItRight! It is my pleasure to post here on this forum. I thought about what I would have benefitted from and (rightly) assumed that others would also. That's why I requested Male Survivor create this particular message board. I remember the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I do not want to do this by Sven @ Today at 05:21 PM

Good to hear it went well! And yeh... It's always way worse in our head then in reality it seems huh. Keep us up to date... Good to hear from you!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by PhoenixRising @ Today at 05:16 PM

When I was in NYC, I was fortunate to have found Crime Victims Treatment Center (http://cvtcnyc.org/sexual_assault.html) I don't know what they offer now, but 5 years ago I was able to receive free treatment ( 2 therapists each time) and was also abl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by KMCINVA @ Today at 03:57 PM

Oxford There may have been reports against him, but years ago the Diocese would just transfer the priest. The Bishop from my Diocese admitted destroying records and shuffling priest around to give them a fresh start. I bet most of these priest are n
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scottish Independence referendum by txb @ Today at 11:35 AM

Iím disappointed. Along with 1.6 million other people. My twitter feed is jammed with people joining the SSP or the SNP now though, and #dontvotelabourscotland was trending earlier. (Cameron doesnít need to remove Scottish voting powers. Labour shot
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what I'm doing with my life by dark empathy @ Today at 10:14 AM

I want to say something comforting, insiteful or helpful, but I just can't at the moment, accept that yeah, I pretty much could've written a lot of your post, particularly all the bits about feeling so alone and stuck. There are days whe I think th
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ten Years by tbkkfile @ Today at 08:43 AM

A relative newbie on here but sadly not to life. Not sure what I would have done if I hadn't found you guys. David
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going out of town for work by traveler @ Today at 03:52 AM

glad to hear this, TW!
Progress
Jump to new posts Watching my son by focusedbody @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Not exactly sure how this is progress, but something tells me to write this. Lately, I've been watching my son with my mother and with his mom, from whom I have been separated for four years. For a while there, I think it was very hard for me to co
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Facebook by Jude @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

I have to admit that my fantasy is finding that he is dead, so I can bury him (figuratively) and no longer think about what I would do in a face to face meeting. And if I found out that he'd died a painful death, well........I wouldn't be too upset.
Progress
Jump to new posts How long before this journey is worth it? by expom @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

Its been over 10 years now since I started out on this journey of recovery. It's cost me tens of thousands of dollars in therapy, travel, meds and associated costs. I used to be able to hold down a high level job: A few years ago I had to go part-tim
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Everyone!! by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: txbI just had no choice. Why did I keep going back is more of a question Iíd like myself to answer.If you didn't have much choice getting into it I would imagine you didn't have much choice in getting out of it. Anyone who has
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings & some thoughts by Sailor John @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Hi BobdaFarmer, Believe it or not, you have just done the hardest thing you will ever do. Telling somebody the first time is the worst. John
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapy? by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 06:00 PM

Hypnotism can be very powerful. I have a therapist who used hypnotherapy to great advantage in healing of dissociation caused by child abuse when I was very young. It worked with alters resulting from early child sexual abuse. It was easy to learn
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finally kicking my abuser in the teeth (in mind) by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

NoSimpleMachine I understand where you are coming from. I sat in front of the abuser's house on two separate occasions. One time it was at least two hours and the second after my Mom passed and I was to go to the church where the abuse took place,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Public to the rescue! ****TRIGGERS***** by Obi @ Yesterday at 12:06 PM

i should really stop reading the news. the more i read the more depressed and upset i get... the arizona cardinals deactivated one of their players for domestic abuse... *shakes head*.... and people are still wondering why this is happening. why i
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by nltsaved @ Yesterday at 02:41 AM

Bible study 9/18/2014 Long Suffering Long suffering is something that is hard to wrap our heads around more so than the other ingredients of the fruit of the spirit. Excepting pain without complaining is hard to do but if you begin to focus on over
Jump to new posts Your fallen nature is not a toy by nltsaved @ Yesterday at 02:00 AM

Playing with your fallen nature ,sin as if it a toy that you get to pick up and put down when ever you feel like it is very dangerous and is blatantly denying the power in Which Christ died for you to have . This can become very costly to you. God wa
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So ok I bean trying to heal.. by Jude @ 09/17/14 11:16 PM

Forgive777, One encounter does not define your sexuality. Many of us have experienced feelings of same-sex-attraction, and acted on them, sometimes in self-destructive ways. You are not alone here. Don't be so hard on yourself, or your cousin. Just
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.