Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Sonata1, GT13568, aniceguy, Garf, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447718 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Delusional or Disassociation fears by iaccus @ 12/15/14 03:30 PM

So I have been diagnosed with Delusional Disorder and Disassociation among other things, regardless of what they choose to call it on occasion i just am no longer hear, trapped in the nightmare and unable to escape it. This most often happens during
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: first setback with my wife by iaccus @ 12/15/14 03:13 PM

Just as a follow up, I have decided to just not talk with her about any of this. I will still do what im told by therapist and the psychiatrist but i will not include my wife in this battle. I would rather not include her than risk losing her. Thank
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Love? by ninjasm @ 12/15/14 02:56 PM

Ron - I didn't have any relationship with the man that raped me. He did think that he only helped me get off since I finished - and acted like he did me a great favor. There is a small similarity here - even though this man didn't love me - he th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What is Emotional Neglect? by KMCINVA @ 12/15/14 02:38 PM

To all of you hang in there and I am sorry . I know how difficult it must be for you to feel alone when in need of support. I wonder if the person doing the neglecting realizes what they are doing and how it is impacting you. I know as a survivor I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confusion warning triggers by ninjasm @ 12/15/14 02:38 PM

Max - For me it was 13 years ago - and there was so much shame and guilt that reinvented the memory until only resently, with help, the truth was discovered. I THINK some of the shame and guilt and repression was because even though I was raped...
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by ninjasm @ 12/15/14 02:28 PM

I am having a lot of trouble finding help. I had a full-blown set of panic attacks followed by a complete mental breakdown. I was sent for 28 days to a psych ward. I do not remember the first week. Right at the end an amazing clinical social work
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts "forgot" it for 13 years - ***Triggers*** by ninjasm @ 12/15/14 01:50 PM

I'm sure this is going to a VERY long post... so much to cover. I very much welcome PMs. I wish these were not locked topics for open discussion. I was always curious - still am in most things. But in this case I am talking about sexually curious.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confusion warning triggers by iaccus @ 12/15/14 01:41 PM

I can relate to much of what your saying
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting The Natural Order by TJ jeff @ 12/15/14 01:31 PM

hmmm.. had to think on this one for a bit... Obi's words ring very true with my thoughts and experiences and I would add... I know I'm a bit younger than you - but - I think back over the 40+years - and - it is very clear to me that I have known
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 01:12 PM

welcome. sounds like you are right in the thick of things. please be careful. come out swinging, and protect yourself at all times. welcome to ms.org!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by Chase Eric @ 12/15/14 01:08 PM

I am so sorry for what you went through, but happy for you that you found this place. If there is anything I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to PM (private message) me. I hope you find as much help and perspective as I have just by readin
Introductions
Jump to new posts Hello by ninjasm @ 12/15/14 12:45 PM

I am new to this forum... but not new to its awful subject matter. I am a survivor of a rape that happened in a high-risk environment I put myself in 13 years ago. I really never confronted what happened and quickly invented a different story that
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... by concerned_husky @ 12/15/14 12:26 PM

Eirik, I read your poem before you took it down. I wanted to reply immediately but all the things I wrote out sounded so insensitive and I let it slip. I didn't know what to say, except that it touched me deeply. I'm glad you re-posted it. It's...in
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Ah - the holidays.... by sugarbaby @ 12/15/14 11:46 AM

....when his family casually makes reference to his abuser and suicide attempt in two inappropriate and unprovoked sentences that makes me want to punch them in the throat. Do they not see him tense up and squirm? He doesn't know what to say. I don'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: who do you find it easier to tak too??? by lostsoul824 @ 12/15/14 11:31 AM

WOW!!!Thank-You for all the replies!! I am trying to find out what normal is ??? OH WELL" I guess I will remain a lost soul forever!!! sad at 52 I am already waiting for the grime reaper!!!! ps@ 52 I am a broken down 330lb wast of skin how can I
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy Issue? by sugarbaby @ 12/15/14 11:09 AM

I've always found that H find new people to be kind of .....what I call "shiny and new". He gets all excited and puts to much faith and trust in shallower relationships than I feel he should. Or, I should say, than I feel is normal to do.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting The Natural Order by Obi @ 12/15/14 11:04 AM

still, the act was the mask that you put up to protect yourself from harm. that is what MOST of us did. survival mode. survival is the most basic natural thing everyone does. and i have to SERIOUSLY disagree with your synopsis of the geniune perso
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What is Emotional Neglect? by sugarbaby @ 12/15/14 10:59 AM

Thanks for the input! H actually got out of his fortress and we managed some better communications on this topic. It's a bit tough though because we both have elderly parents and I'm not entirely forgiving of his past emotional recoils from me. I p
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: I don't fit in anywhere by lostsoul824 @ 12/15/14 10:36 AM

Greetings, I have read these posts and I think what you are looking for is hard to find because, if your thoughts and life is spinning in and out of control we can all support your journey. But I am afraid the battle is won and lost dayly by yourse
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... by highflight @ 12/15/14 09:59 AM

Eirik, Loved reading this. Thanks for re-posting. You may think it doesn't relate to "survival issues per se," but for me it certainly resonates with how my heart feels. Perhaps that's a remnant, or perhaps it a common trait. ...regardles
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I know I'm not the only one... by learning2remember @ 12/15/14 04:37 AM

Sorry, in case i didn't make it clear above, even if he won't go, you can go on your own.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I know I'm not the only one... by learning2remember @ 12/15/14 04:36 AM

As the male survivor in my own marriage, I must say I strongly disapprove of his not wanting either of you to seek counseling. You have a right to take care of yourself, and that can include counseling. When you talk to a professional, it is not th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: first setback with my wife by Bardo @ 12/15/14 04:32 AM

iaccus, Scary to let another into your world. Scary for you and scary for them. I try to remember that my wife has her own issues, and that she only sees my demons the way I present them to her. Sometimes she gets it and sometimes it seems like she d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: first setback with my wife by learning2remember @ 12/15/14 04:22 AM

I remember how scary it was to tell me wife. Early in my recovery, I had this idea that if I would just follow all the right steps, I'd recover, so I though I should jump through the hoops as quickly as possible. I figured telling my wife was one of
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: I don't fit in anywhere by Bardo @ 12/15/14 03:38 AM

Inside, I honestly doubt you will find many specific answers here. What you will find is a group of men who will have had similar experiences as you and will support you in your journey of discovery. Some who have had more specific experiences like y
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.