Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
6 registered (Nathan LaChine, Aptrick, journey4two, YYZGIRL, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443259 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to Start by BuffaloCO @ 08/20/14 11:02 PM

Never give up! I'm speaking for the 3rd time now in public. It's always tough, but each time I bet it'll get easier. Never give up!
Male Survivors
My assumption has always been that all people think I suck. Period. In 12 step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous, there is a principle that basically says "What other people think of me is none of my business". I try to repeat that to my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by Jude @ 08/20/14 10:56 PM

I've helped raise 4 biological children and six adopted children. None of them is, or ever has been, in jail. None of them is an addict or alcoholic. None of them have out-of-wedlock babies. None of them have been irreparably damaged by me, my alcoho
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: breakthrough is scaring the crap out of me by don64 @ 08/20/14 10:48 PM

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your post. At home alone it's not so hard for me to work things out. This is the first time I have been in a social setting in nearly a year, and the last time was a disaster. I have healed and grown a lot during that time, a
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Fasting, diet and depression by Suwanee @ 08/20/14 10:35 PM

Agreed! We always have a ton of dishes after every meal because we rely on freshly-made food instead of pre-packaged stuff. I love bread, but my wife likes to bake from scratch. Her bread has all of four or five ingredients. She made a cherry pie la
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: prescription to kill by victor-victim @ 08/20/14 10:08 PM

these are good jokes.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Making a lot of progress, still some hang ups by NeverGiveUp23 @ 08/20/14 09:32 PM

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but as I continue making progress I think it is important to stay in contact with those who understand what I have gone through. I posted in the past what happened to me, and the incidence of CSA. It
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: I need a raise by bluesky @ 08/20/14 09:17 PM

Hahahahahaha!!!!
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: prescription to kill by bluesky @ 08/20/14 09:14 PM

LOL love it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by victor-victim @ 08/20/14 09:01 PM

my greatest accomplishment has been chasing and following and realizing dreams and fantasies. anything I could visualize, I was able to create. I took this overachievement to the maximum limits. I was always pleased and proud of my ambition,
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ 08/20/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: cosmosUnderstand I have truly hurt people and know that the knowledge of the pain I have caused haunts me daily. I'm with you, cosmos. please don't misunderstand me, I am all in favour of intervention, and I completely comp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by Ocellaris @ 08/20/14 06:37 PM

That's a hard one to answer. In an age where job mobility is the norm, I think my biggest accomplishment is working at the same company for more than 18 years. Over that time I went from entry-level clerk to managing the whole company and answering o
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Little Boy Lost by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/20/14 05:52 PM

Wow I REALLY feel this. That unpredictable mindset that overcomes you and says "running will fix this", you break off ties with someone or get out of a situation and then look back and go "what the hell just happened??" It's confu
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by cosmos @ 08/20/14 05:37 PM

I hesitated to post a reply but all I read and all I see is sadness, sad that another boy was allegedly raped and the fallout from the event of discovery. I remember what it was like to be that four-year old little boy and discovered, I remember my f
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Fasting, diet and depression by cosmos @ 08/20/14 05:22 PM

I know a lot of you suffer with the exact opposite problem as me, heck I donít think I ever read a post here from someone talking about starving yourself, but yes I have that problem, I can just stop eating. I recently realized that I let the depress
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/20/14 05:04 PM

I'm taking my two engineering degrees, building my relationship with my old employer to the next level by responsibly working remotely for him after moving a thousand miles away, and preparing my materials to blow any future employer out of the water
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts what r ur accomplishments? by cosmos @ 08/20/14 04:54 PM

I didnít want to hijack the thread : http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=376623#Post376623 Originally Posted By: GT13568 Keith, I appreciate the wisdom in Ken Singer's comment, too. "lead a successful life
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancellation Dates by Anomalous @ 08/20/14 04:32 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for the following dates: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 Sunday, August 24, 2014. Anomalous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: avoidance of suffering by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/20/14 03:42 PM

"Recovery is a way of life" Kinda goes with my thinking lately: once you get through the 5 stages of grief, the 6th stage is living and moving forward as best as possible. It's all one continuum of effort and is never done and dusted.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: avoidance of suffering by victor-victim @ 08/20/14 03:15 PM

thanks for the thoughts, nothingman. I think justplainme summed it up perfectly. Originally Posted By: justplainme" Recovery is a way of life. " I like it. it requires vigilance, self awareness, discipline, honesty, involvement, commi
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by HD001 @ 08/20/14 02:56 PM

Going forward your story remind me of a friend in high school. She had been raped and molested when she was little. As a teen and young adult she constantly had random sex partners. I asled her about it once. She told me that she wasn't sure why
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A question: What the hell do people think of me? by Ocellaris @ 08/20/14 01:07 PM

I completely relate to your inability to figure out where you stand with other people. And I think (in my case at least, though I suspect I'm not unique in this regard) when a person is groomed, one consequence is that it warps one's ability to trust
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New guy by KMCINVA @ 08/20/14 12:55 PM

Welcome. It is a place to find support and understanding. Take your time, post when you feel comfortable. People here will not judge, we all have lived lives that were impacted by sexual abuse. It is hard to let the past out, we have worked so har
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: being touched by gaatt @ 08/20/14 12:37 PM

Hi Don,Originally Posted By: don64mother has always told me she loves me, but has never been willing to touch me!"Same here. She also told me that no-one would be good enough for me, which effectively made it much harder for me to find the kind
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: avoidance of suffering by Jay1946 @ 08/20/14 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManI stumbled across this quote and it provoked much introspection. ďThe more you try to avoid suffering, the more you suffer, because smaller and more insignificant things begin to torture you, in proportion to your fe
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.