Newest Members
Allen_Walker, Cas, Elysium83, Matthew8, GreenTurtles
12779 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (38), illbedat (27), Mike58 (57), Mnovit (39), Mongo (25), pwdasw (65), Raymond Sean (39), yesac76 (39)
Who's Online
7 registered (don64, 5 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12779 Members
75 Forums
65825 Topics
460358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Devastated to Learn Dad Told of His Abuse by sorryson @ 07/29/15 06:11 AM

Kevin Thank you for your words. Your are right, Dad's wife is a fabulous woman. She only really knows my sister and she still stands up for us, who ill treated Dad. I guess she really loved Dad and wants to make sure his message of love to us is he
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by victor-victim @ 07/29/15 02:45 AM

you are welcome, Magellan. call it lucky research. i love exploring the vast archives of emotion stowed and stored on this website. this is a priceless resource. many hours have i invested investigating the wealth of information contained within
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Cut off my medications and not sure what to expect by Strive 38/11 @ 07/29/15 01:22 AM

Relieved you are with still us. You are taking a medication that takes time for you body to build up a level that works and is sustainable. The bodies ability to sustain a medication level is impacted by things life alcohol and other non prescribed d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I a target by Strive 38/11 @ 07/29/15 12:59 AM

I'd glad for myself, I prepared myself for this site as now I am unpacking the response to the sexual assaults committed against me, the bad bullying and my dysfunction unable to fit into the world when structure fell away and my life ... not all bad
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by JayBro @ 07/29/15 12:42 AM

Hey Jeff, I just read your message now and I wanted to thank you for sharing your pain and feelings with us. It was certainly not easy. This is something many of us can relate to: feelings of guilt and grieving over this guilt/lost innocence. In man
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Male Intimacy - what is it for you? by Rich1967 @ 07/29/15 12:37 AM

Cool stuff Kevin... thanks. Intimacy with women never was too much of a problem for me. With men it was always a problem. I never had anyone show me the ropes as it were. My father was so not emotionally present that the role model I had was mo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by Magellan @ 07/28/15 09:36 PM

Thank you for resurrecting this thread, Victor. Read all of it.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero by Strive 38/11 @ 07/28/15 08:47 PM

more i think of it as thinking backwards, not forwards. Its unfair on the boy within to label him wrongly when he's only acting out something he's been wrongly taught, imprinted and wrong trust intimacy understandings. Who you choose to be now counts
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: What triggers your same sex fixation? by betrayed boy @ 07/28/15 08:43 PM

for me its stress, something going wrong in my life, a build up of mental pressure, when I get to feeling I think im worthless no good etc and I need/deserve pain or to be used by somebody for their pleasure I just start feeling im a piece of s**t so
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero by Strive 38/11 @ 07/28/15 08:41 PM

May I say, the language you choose to label yourself with is a tool to the negative reinforcement of self and counterproductive to healing self. More you're telling me to think and refer to you as dirty with negative sexual connotations. Be well S
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by woodenshoes @ 07/28/15 07:56 PM

Victor I get it. Your right we have to be the best we can be. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by victor-victim @ 07/28/15 07:47 PM

sometimes i feel like a toddler, sometimes i feel like a teenager. stalled in arrested development. i struggle to be a good parent.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop the self loathing by victor-victim @ 07/28/15 04:49 PM

in my life, i eventually realized it was my behaviour and actions that i loathed, not me. i began loving myself instead of loathing myself after i started to do what i really wanted to do, not what i thought i wanted to do because i was acting out
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in my mouth by learning2remember @ 07/28/15 04:27 PM

I know the stuck in my mouth feeling. Don't feel as much any more. There is hope and you are not alone.
Off Topic
Wow it made me think. I thought the ending was great--telling us what we need to do each day. Thank you for sharing.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop the self loathing by gettingstronger @ 07/28/15 12:46 PM

Hey Magellan, I think there's a lot of us who'd be there if we could! No one should feel like that all the time, and I for one would be there to give you a great big hug. A safe, non-threatening one. I know what it's like to wake up and feel ok f
Off Topic
I thought this video by The School of Life could be reassuring - I liked knowing that statistically I will probably not suffer too much pain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUt6fRWURhI
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by KMCINVA @ 07/28/15 09:16 AM

SMC I hope you are doing better. Remember what everyone has said--it was not your fault and you do not need to be ashamed. Unfortunately healing involves some difficult times. Lean on us whenever you need support.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by bey @ 07/28/15 08:50 AM

It makes perfect sense to me, smc, for whatever thats worth.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by iaccus @ 07/28/15 08:43 AM

makes sense to me SMC, makes sense to me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I a target by KMCINVA @ 07/28/15 08:05 AM

This reminds me of something that happened years ago and I still think of it. I was in college and had to meet with a professor. He came around the desk and he either fell or deliberately put his hand on my groin. I pushed him off and went running
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts Re:Anonymous Invite Cards for MS by KMCINVA @ 07/28/15 07:52 AM

Jwmcd2, I think it is an excellent idea. There are many survivors out there who do not know where to go for help. These cards or flyers or whatever could be left with doctors, therapists, psychiatrist, support groups. I know I had to look for suppo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I a target by don64 @ 07/28/15 03:12 AM

High bluesky, This is not about understanding his behavior. It makes no difference whatsoever what his motivations are. You are the only one who can set limits for yourself. So, this is only about you. And the difficulty you have with setting li
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I a target by victor-victim @ 07/28/15 02:17 AM

last time someone touched me without my permission in a sexually suggestive manner on a private body part resulted in violent defense. i have a real problem with being targeted by any unwanted aggressive behaviour. the only way i can endure bein
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I a target by Echoes @ 07/28/15 02:03 AM

Yes, this has happened so much, grab me by the nape of the neck and hold me still, it is such a possessive and terrifying touch
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.