Newest Members
Paz, COLLINS AKINSE, Searching13, sowhathappensnow, lostar
12965 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CodieRae (28), Keri (43), khan (61), mphsrvivor (47), Smithy0297 (45), Truth35 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (GT13568, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12965 Members
75 Forums
67197 Topics
469218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Progress
Jump to new posts Talked to my wife.... by tna2016 @ 02/04/16 05:43 PM

I finally mustered the courage to talk to my wife on my sexual abuse (by my eldest sister at age 9) and about my relationship with my father. I read a book (Victims no Longer, Mike Lew) and felt the urge to talk to someone. I am happy that 'that some
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Havent posted for awhile by Shyshark @ 02/04/16 05:37 PM

There was a reason then to hold back the tears to hide the fears for that little guy but after all these years you must know you must see he was not a toy just a little boy let go let them flow for him Now is when to cry.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Perspective by Brian Cardoza @ 02/04/16 04:52 PM

Kevin The hardest for me was forgiving my attacker and mostly because he killed himself when he turned 18. I was never able to confront him and throttle him myself but alas it wasn't to be. The one thing I wanted to convey with the post is that to
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lost in Translation - idiomatic words by 30something @ 02/04/16 04:24 PM

Great share! Thanks.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: childhood emotional neglect and alexithymia by Nothing Man @ 02/04/16 03:38 PM

Hi Andrew. I think a lot of us (definitely I do) struggle with dealing with emotions because we fear doing so, even a little, will begin to untie the Gordian know we have woven to keep ourselves in check. In effect, we are afraid if we let our guar
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: appreciate this community by 30something @ 02/04/16 02:17 PM

"The treasure warrants the hunt" - thank you for this, @victor-victim.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: relapse and recovery by bey @ 02/04/16 01:26 PM

thanks all i'm ok, and yes i have doctors and a therapist and an addiction councillor and a husband and friends of both the human and 'inside a computer' variety that are supporting me and being super nice. and i'm being as careful and smart about it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Abused Again by BFree27 @ 02/04/16 01:03 PM

Thank you. I need to hear these words, as uncomfortable as it makes me to hear them. I'm getting to a point where when I'm by myself I'm afraid, and it hasn't been like this in years. I'm clinging to every interaction I have, either negative or posi
Poetry
Jump to new posts Havent posted for awhile by Terry1992 @ 02/04/16 12:59 PM

The door creaks he steps inside the floor creaks Father's face His clothes smell like smoke and rum hold back the tears he touches terrified shutters not to make a sound pain is about to come cries for help it's to late hold back the tears His h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to ourselves (Trigger warning please) by Brian Cardoza @ 02/04/16 12:12 PM

William, Read my post on perspective and realize that you're human our attackers took our innocence but they did not take our humanity. Of course your angry and of course you feel guilt associated with it and that is good because it shows you're hu
Male Survivors
To Brian, and to anyone else who read my last response: I'm really sorry that I responded in the way that I did. I try so hard to not get so emotional and upset. I'm really sorry if I upset or offended anyone. Brian, I don't know what kind of a r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: relapse and recovery by concerned_husky @ 02/04/16 10:43 AM

Bey, I'll start off by saying that you're one of the strongest people I know. Your relapse doesn't change that. And it never will. I've toiled over how to respond to your post. Simple words do not capture for me what you're going through right n
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: relapse and recovery by Judd @ 02/04/16 10:07 AM

Ive responded to you in PM already but thought id do so here too. The past has a way of infecting your present through increasingly retraumatising ways and you my friend are fighting wars to try and keep yourself together. You have done amazing so f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: relapse and recovery by KMCINVA @ 02/04/16 08:56 AM

Bey I am very sorry to hear of all you have gone through and experiencing. The abuse compounded with the medical issues has to be overwhelming to say the least. Pain and holding onto the past can be crippling. I have been there and finally I am
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 08:43 AM

sterling. i get it. i keep reading. i am listening.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: relapse and recovery by Nothing Man @ 02/04/16 08:39 AM

(((Ben))) It is so hard to hear of you suffering like you are. I wish I could do more than send you support and caring but at least it is a start. You are in a horrible situation and dealing with it the best you can. Sometimes a few hours relief
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Exploring sexual attraction safely. by focusedbody @ 02/04/16 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: gaatt Feeling any kind of vulnerability wasn't valued nor was coming to a place of harmony with others. Winning was where it was at. It's sad that "winning" with a woman is a recipe for losing a truly intimate and sati
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: triggering! by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 08:12 AM

this is so disturbing... on many levels. 16 y/o German girl talks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGfP8CyJAhg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpEshDGVho 17 y/o Belgian girl assaulted https://www.rt.com/news/331403-belgium-gang-rape-immigrants/
Male Survivors
Yes I have been there--and hopefully I am moving away from that dread which loomed over. I have some good days now and then that dread takes over--I feel like my body is being clenched or gripped with fear--a feeling that use to last all day and now
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts triggering! by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 06:23 AM

warning: this video really bothered me. i see it as another case of blame the victim. i think this whole thing is sending mixed messages. either that or my daughters have been raised the wrong way. shouldn't the women have the choice to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever feel the same or been where I'm at? by Nothing Man @ 02/04/16 06:19 AM

Yeah, I'm there too, especially right now. I'm in the middle of a perfect storm of crappy work life and bad home life due to a crisis with my teenage daughter. Life feels pretty grim right now and I am hoping things start turning around soon.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lost in Translation - idiomatic words by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 05:29 AM

Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lost in Translation - idiomatic words by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 05:27 AM

Off Topic
Jump to new posts Lost in Translation - idiomatic words by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 05:24 AM

http://blog.maptia.com/posts/untranslatable-words-from-other-cultures
Poetry
Jump to new posts Ralph Waldo Emerson by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 04:31 AM

Waldeinsamkeit I do not count the hours I spend In wandering by the sea; The forest is my loyal friend, Like God it useth me. In plains that room for shadows make Of skirting hills to lie, Bound in by streams which give and take Their colors from
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.