Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63786 Topics
445429 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: And Life Drags Slowly On... by JW1230 @ 10/16/14 09:07 AM

Ken, I am so sorry you find yourself in such a bad place...please know that you have helped me better understand myself and have been helpful in the beginning stages of my recovery. Reading these posts tell me that a whole lot of people care! John
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finally starting therapy! by Bluedogone @ 10/16/14 08:31 AM

Hi Anony_mous, The appointment is finally here. My thoughts and best wishes are with you as you start a new phase of healing. From your posts it sounds as if you may still have some hesitancy, but realize it's an important step in the right direct
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another memory by KMCINVA @ 10/16/14 08:05 AM

OCN Gang mentality can overtake the best of people. They will follow because they lack the moral fortitude to stand up and defend the victim. I think it is the same with CSA, society has a disdain for it but few can stomach speaking about it, accept
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finally starting therapy! by KMCINVA @ 10/16/14 07:45 AM

Anony_mous I am glad you are beginning therapy. It is important you feel comfortable with the therapist. You should interview the T on the first appointment to make sure they have experience in dealing with survivors and trauma. You comfort level
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: And Life Drags Slowly On... by txb @ 10/16/14 07:06 AM

Ken, I'm really sad to hear that things aren't so good for you. You do deserve better and you are definitely not a loser. You have said many helpful and worthwhile things to many people here. That is the real truth. Not sure exactly what else to say,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Giving back by txb @ 10/16/14 06:47 AM

I was really happy to read your post in the progress forum. I'm glad that things are going much better for you. I think people need to hear that things do get better. I also agree with Ken, that posting here is giving back. Even when people are post
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by txb @ 10/16/14 06:31 AM

It's kind of strange really, that taking normal photos and googling for news articles makes *us* feel like we are doing something wrong. I tend to feel that way about a lot of things, especially relationship kind of stuff. I notice google doesn't au
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Whats the process by traveler @ 10/16/14 05:49 AM

freeze-on - First off well done on your multi-issue sobriety! That is a really admirable achievement. And my sympathy on the sleep problems. That is miserable. Even worse is probly the fact that your wife is not showing any understanding or encour
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Finally starting therapy! by Anony_mous @ 10/15/14 11:15 PM

In reality I have been asking for help for over 20 years. I have been dismissed, minimized, blamed, passed over with a minimum of concern, misdiagnosed, and mistreated for the majority of this time. This year alone I have contacted over 10 therapists
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: The startle response by focusedbody @ 10/15/14 11:03 PM

Unhappycamper: Thanks for your post. Are you doing anything to work through the hypervigilance? I find that just being aware of it is a beginning step. Then finding small ways to experience safety helps start a process of hope and renewal. FB
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Having difficulty releasing negative feelings.. by Rich1967 @ 10/15/14 10:08 PM

Nevergiveup, I like that name! Originally Posted By: NeverGiveUp23Between the ages of 6 and 8 or so, I acted out what was done to me with other kids my age, 2 boys and 3 girls I believe. And then around the age of 9 or 10, I realized it shouldn't h
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Whats the process by genedebs @ 10/15/14 08:23 PM

dear freeze on I erased my post by accident I too was married,(25 years) 4 kids, 2 in college. Sober 3 years. She threw me out. The book warns us we will be judged by actions, not intentions. I neede l ove. She told me she washed my socks So my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: whats left after the hate is gone by KMCINVA @ 10/15/14 08:19 PM

When I was able to release hate, anger, guilt and shame I was free of my abuser and anyone who triggered memories of the abuse. Why so many emotions. I learned with PTSD we live life feeling threatened, anxious, disconnected, devalued, helpless and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: whats left after the hate is gone by wild_turky @ 10/15/14 08:15 PM

I want to hold onto some hate for in that i am unstoppable. Not in the way of blind rage but the feeling of determined, strong, ready to fight. for anyone who is in the right. I have had revenge,justice personal and legal. I have not forgiven but I m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another memory by wild_turky @ 10/15/14 08:01 PM

we go through life hoping to see the best humanity has to offer. But unfortunately this dose not always happen. If that was to happen to you again I think you would act differently. So the thing we go through can give us the info to prevent the sam
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: whats left after the hate is gone by BuffaloCO @ 10/15/14 07:52 PM

What was left when I let go of hate? Freedom from that baggage, I feel lighter. Freedom from wanting revenge in ways that'll never come to pass. Freedom from dwelling on the what ifs, what if I could get ahold of them, as it won't happen. Freedom
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: whats left after the hate is gone by wild_turky @ 10/15/14 07:18 PM

SSA is an interesting topic. However, I disagree that it's thinking with the wrong head. There are just as many heterosexual encounters that get messed up or turn out wrong. I'm not a psychologist, but it seems to me SSA is more about an obsession wi
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.