Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (new horizons, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444143 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: So ok I bean trying to heal.. by jas4159 @ 09/14/14 06:18 PM

set backs are all apart of reliving the abuse. i had wondered for years if I was gay. I was not i was simply conditioned and brain washed. As painful as the expericence was it does not reflex on who you are. it simple means you have learned someth
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First counselling session tomorrow by jas4159 @ 09/14/14 06:12 PM

Good luck with it and yes the first few session can be terrifying. But a good counselor will help you get over. That is what itis all about when you first start counselling. gettng to know each and learning to trust. I hope you remain committed.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling misunderstood by jas4159 @ 09/14/14 06:08 PM

everyone is important and no one is irrelivent. i think being misunderstood is awasy of liffe ofr us. as unailras it is - just getting over it is BS and not being hypersensitive in our situation is vertually impossible. i hope your day gets bette
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Penn State Surprise! by jas4159 @ 09/14/14 06:05 PM

Society never seems to get it. Rarely is it about justice for the victems - it seems to many times it comes down to the dam dollar bill. sad story. rich
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I do not want to do this by jas4159 @ 09/14/14 06:03 PM

I am so sorry for htis. i can't imagine how hard it is for you and i hope you find the strength to take care of yourself and get the surgrery. I can't imagine how painful this must be. your in my prayers and good luck. Don't let the abuse take an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I do not want to do this by Sven @ 09/14/14 05:33 PM

Take care man... Sorry to hear you need surgery and sorry to hear it makes you panic so much. But it will be over before you know it and these people are Professionals, they've done it a 1000 times before if not more. Keep trying to practice mindfull
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Penn State Surprise! by Obi @ 09/14/14 04:46 PM

bluedog, that may be true to some degree, but what this also shows is that schools can get away with criminal cover-ups and get a slap on the wrist because, "hey, ncaa isn't really going to punish us severely and if they do they'll just lift it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First counselling session tomorrow by traveler @ 09/14/14 04:41 PM

DE - i am proud of you for doing this. i was scared to death, too, the first time. but it was the best thing i could have done at the time. i have NEVER regretted it. hopefully, the same will be true for you. you have been courageous in being v
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First counselling session tomorrow by Ocellaris @ 09/14/14 04:31 PM

I just had my very first therapy session this past week, and I can tell you that the session did not warrant the amount of anxiety that led up to it. In other words, it was much better than I had anticipated. My therapist asked a bunch of questions
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First counselling session tomorrow by Bluedogone @ 09/14/14 04:14 PM

dark empathy, As you go into the meeting tomorrow remember this guy is there to help you, and since he's experienced in sa it's doubtful anything you could say or do will change his professional approach, or his desire to meet you at the point of Yo
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: A Singularity by Nothing Man @ 09/14/14 03:58 PM

Welcome to MS where you will find many other men such as yourself -- and me -- who understand how you feel. You have made a brave first step by introducing yourself. As you begin to feel more comfortable, use the many resources which are here on th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Penn State Surprise! by Bluedogone @ 09/14/14 03:55 PM

Jeff, you make a very important point. Quote:[/quote]The sanctions are for the school alone.[quote] There are two distinct types of punishment here: The personal and political.The personal punishment the abused boys were directly involved with. San
International Conference
Jump to new posts Looking for roommate at 2014 conference by mesa74 @ 09/14/14 03:10 PM

Hello, My name is Sam, and I'm 46yo. I'm looking to share a hotel room with someone that has plans to attend the male survivor conference this october 2014. Please send me a private message if you are interested in splitting the cost of a hotel room
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First counselling session tomorrow by tbkkfile @ 09/14/14 02:55 PM

DE Just remember he's there for you, take it at your own speed, tell as much or as little as you want and feel comfortable with. I'll be thinking of you, and sending you my support. As J R R Tolkien said Little by little, one travels far
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First counselling session tomorrow by finallyhere @ 09/14/14 02:48 PM

DE - Great step forward! I've done quite a few T's over the years. Some helped some were duds but no one made me uncomfortable. Like you said hey are professionals. And yours specializes in SA. Some of mine were picked from a phone book:) the one I h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First counselling session tomorrow by focusedbody @ 09/14/14 02:25 PM

DE: Everything you have written is true for me too, so I'm sorry I don't have any sage advice..... Frankly however, I do have to say that you are courageous no matter how scared you feel. Thank you for sharing this part of your journey. Wishing y
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts First counselling session tomorrow by dark empathy @ 09/14/14 10:28 AM

Well tomorrow I'm going to my first session with an actual sa related counselor. It is something that needs doing certainly, but I am frankly quite scared to go and talk to someone else in detail about things. While I know for a fact the man I am
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.