Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (mike1965, Cam76, 4 invisible), 73 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Update: the not great and the amazing by Airmid @ 04/13/14 09:43 AM

After last night, I don't know that I want to do this any more. He's so angry. That, I understand. But I'm his dumping ground for all that is wrong with the world, and he always chooses date night. Any other time? He won't discuss it because he says
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: So Tired! by Airmid @ 04/13/14 09:34 AM

Let me know when you find that discussion method: that might be the magic key. I'm not drinking, but am also tired of being the scapegoat/dumping ground. I'm sorry I can't help, but I assure you I relate. Do you have plans to cut back on drinking a
Poetry
Jump to new posts Hurting by bey @ 04/13/14 09:02 AM

Jamie said I don't think you're a bad person, Benny I just think you're making some bad choices But then he kissed me So maybe we're all in the same boat Good people making bad choices Hurting each other trying to make ourselves feel something An
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the loneliness by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/13/14 08:36 AM

Thisman, After 6 months of heavy therapy, several sessions a week. I asked the same question with my first therapist. Even though I was from a blended family, (1 adult sister, one older half brother, one younger half brother, two step brothers, more
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the loneliness by kcinohio @ 04/13/14 01:37 AM

repeat - edited
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the loneliness by kcinohio @ 04/13/14 01:34 AM

Was feeling restless this weekend, and come to realize a lot of it is base in loneliness with this challenge. I have friends and a partner and others in twelve step recovery, but can still feel lonely at times when dealing with these issues (partiall
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fred Phelps is Dead by lapchinj @ 04/12/14 11:30 PM

So much hate in one person. Just short of actually killing and torturing people I would rank him up there with other megalomaniacs such as hitler and stalin. The hate that came forth from that person and who led a few high level haters in his cabine
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: See a new therapist tomorrow. Yikes. by gettingstronger @ 04/12/14 10:49 PM

Hi Dave, Good for you. I'm glad it went well. It's tough enough disclosing all this to strangers the first time around, let alone a second. There's really nothing like a really understanding and compassionate therapist, in my opinion. I like your
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: So Tired! by binks @ 04/12/14 10:39 PM

And yes, I know booze is not the answer. But can anyone suggest a way of initiating a discussion, that doesnt involve blame and accusation? I feel as if I try so hard and nothing works. Clearly im doing it wrong. I just don't know how to do it right!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts So Tired! by binks @ 04/12/14 10:33 PM

Everything said here makes so much sense. I love this site (although I only seem to post once a year or so). I'm trying so hard to be supportive of my partner of 10 years but I actually feel as if im now taking a nose dive. I'm exhausted. I'm so ti
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Hey ThisMan, Thank you for sharing with me your story and thank you for your kind words. I am so sorry to read about what you had to endure again when you were 50. I really do feel for you and I am saddened that it's just been so devastating and cri
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by lapchinj @ 04/12/14 09:39 PM

Hey Eric That is a scary avatar that sends a really strong message to the person you survived. You know we've been following each other's progress but I can't seem to get all those dickheads together to dump them especially when I was one of them.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: See a new therapist tomorrow. Yikes. by WriterKeith @ 04/12/14 09:13 PM

That's great news, Dave. This will encourage others as well. Thanks for sharing it with us in the forum.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Past Few Weeks by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/12/14 09:10 PM

It was a bad week that brought me back to the support of others. The one absolute truth I have learned is we all have bad spells. My wife tries to understand but, I often get the I must care for the wounded puppy look. Not what I am looking for.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Of all they took, miss my smile *****TRIGGERS***** by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/12/14 05:44 PM

Kevin, I am better than I was then, Now I want what I think we all do, to be better than I am now. My first T told me "until you can speak it, you cannot own it. Until you own it, you cannot recover." Izzy
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Of all they took, miss my smile *****TRIGGERS***** by Adam A Gedman @ 04/12/14 04:52 PM

Hey thrive, I am sorry for your reason to be here, but glad for you to have this place to express and share your story. And what a story! It was very difficult to read of the repeated abuse you suffered. I hope that putting this truth out there ca
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Slap *Triggers* by Tarobuns108 @ 04/12/14 04:41 PM

I know that was difficult to get out. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'll be thinking of you, especially now that I know you're back. If you need an ear, you have mine.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts What is Health? by gaatt @ 04/12/14 04:07 PM

We know that sexual abuse is: unwanted or inappropriate physical, visual, verbal, or psychological interaction, that is perpetrated by either gender, of any age. (from BCSMSSA website. See:http://bc-malesurvivors.com/) So what is sexual health anywa
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: SSA and Sexual Orientation by lapchinj @ 04/12/14 03:38 PM

Hey OTF Thanks for the kind words and the way you answered gives me some food for thought. It classifies you as a person and in a specific category of people. I on the other hand I always considered myself and looked at myself as a boy liking boys.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trusting Him Again by YYZGIRL @ 04/12/14 02:05 PM

Well looks like my last post was a waste of time , no sooner did I post it and get home that my husband advised me that again he was going to work today after it was supost to be out day together where he didn't run out and leave me alone again, when
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Slap *Triggers* by Chase Eric @ 04/12/14 01:54 PM

Thank you for sharing such a poignant moment...
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: finding my way in this world by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/12/14 01:53 PM

Spot on Eric... I noticed more beauty in East Berlin in 1984, then I had seen in the West. It was not because things were better than in West Berlin, I think it was that the eye could not take it all in. It was because the little beauty that was t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm Syndrome by Chase Eric @ 04/12/14 01:45 PM

Rustam - I am awed by the brilliant insight of your post. It absolutely resonates, at least with my own truth. Thank you for putting words to my thoughts.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm Syndrome by Rustam @ 04/12/14 01:39 PM

When I read this thread, St Pauls words popped into my head "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child". The words reminded me that the child's world is a different world. When I was abused
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by Chase Eric @ 04/12/14 01:15 PM

Cosmos! Not so fast. There are some forms to fill out before you get the actual membership card Seriously, though, gay or straight, we've all been through an incredibly disorienting experience that messed with the very core of our developing sex
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.