Newest Members
mike joseph, silenttolong, Rurai, ratherbfishing, NeverAgainSB
12808 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (67), kun wang (33)
Who's Online
4 registered (mikeg, takingitslow, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12808 Members
75 Forums
66091 Topics
461974 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by Luther @ 08/28/15 03:48 PM

Thank you guys, it helps knowing someone is listening. My abuser was a huge authority figure also--I guess when I'm feeling on High Alert it makes it trickier to have bosses nearby...
Poetry
Jump to new posts Calling all angels! TRIGGERS by iaccus @ 08/28/15 03:38 PM

Calling all angels To come to my side And grab the knurled grip of my weapon And pull it away from my head Are you there? Where were you when I needed you most? On those dark nights with him How can I expect you to save me now? When you failed to s
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: fearless by victor-victim @ 08/28/15 03:29 PM

great sentiments, bey. i can totally relate. i fight against fear. i battle against hate. “Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.” ~ Eddie Rickenbacker Edward Vernon Rickenbacker was an A
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: I am tired. by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 03:21 PM

Simba, just checking back in with you. How are you doing? Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 4 (incest survivor poll) by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 03:16 PM

My mother, who was one of my abusers, has been dead for 17 years now and I can honestly say I do not miss her, nor do I mourn her passing. She was also physically, verbally and psychologically abusive toward me. I think that even if she were alive
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 03:08 PM

Luther, I understand how you feel. With me, I tend to feel a huge amount of anxiety and guilt, as if I have done something wrong. Authority figures are anathema to me, but that is understandable since two such people sexually abused me when I was y
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by iaccus @ 08/28/15 02:51 PM

You are not alone brother!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by Luther @ 08/28/15 02:43 PM

**WARNING FOR TRIGGERS** On the outside I'm going about my normal work day. Emails, manuscripts, going to meetings... Inside I am being bombarded by all kinds of emotions and physical sensations that have been long locked away, shut off. Stabs of p
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 08/28/15 02:11 PM

hate you. why cant you be my dad.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 08/28/15 02:11 PM

my dad wouldn't let me. be boy.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 08/28/15 12:59 PM

so pretend.teaase them. worrisome hey g. want you shit. I will never care. don't weant you just keeping going. never want to go back am tatyou. he has to pretend his is this wonderful person. well he isn't . he is so sick.
Off Topic

cantsugar. sudkt . getou. go just wanted to see you. o dnt you want to see you. .. want to. wat you ante you. do .
Off Topic

wishi could work out. cant fuk , ned ddddd;l do get that. how can someone help me. don't want to. boznaa . v avy. you want ti. lal. may never love. Canadian tire. hate. me . you aren my . ssisss. sisssy ssisssy sssissssy ssissy
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Are You a Carrot, Egg or Coffee Bean by KMCINVA @ 08/28/15 12:49 PM

The egg seems like the fall back place to go. We try to protect ourselves in life and for survivors it definitely is a way of life. You said it, the egg is a false sense of strength. Undoing and reprogramming can be hard--like they say you cannot te
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: He made me gay by 1lifenow @ 08/28/15 12:49 PM

Cant The struggle is real. What is the fall out of a childhood so twisted? I have been on and off this site for almost 5 years now and I think Chase Eric's comment and insite about the Conclusions you/we can draw are DEAD ON. We do have the po
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Are You a Carrot, Egg or Coffee Bean by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 12:21 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'm not really sure where I lie on that spectrum. I'd like to think that I am changing things around me and helping other people, but at the same time I feel like the egg, projecting a false sense of strength. Times are di
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mankind Project? by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 12:17 PM

I'm always skeptical of websites that offer those types of "services"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My mind is spinning *triggers* by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 12:12 PM

Hey (((Sven))) I am so sorry you are hurting right now. I hope it will pass quickly. Please reach out and talk to someone -- your therapist, a trusted friend, a spiritual advisor -- and remember that you are not alone. We stand behind you and man
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I thought it was the end by KMCINVA @ 08/28/15 09:48 AM

Well said. I like the last two lines, you will stand your ground and you won't back down. The voices do subside as you heal I can assure you. While living with the voices and demon inside is it pure hell. You know what you do not want to do, like
Poetry
Jump to new posts I thought it was the end by Terry1992 @ 08/28/15 09:37 AM

The gun had been fired The barrel was hot The body just laid there. Who was that monster the evil was dead. Blood and flesh splattered around I thought for a while my terrors were gone The abuser was dead it was end How wrong I had been it wasn’t t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My mind is spinning *triggers* by bluesky @ 08/28/15 09:06 AM

(((((Sven))))) I hearyou I care I am crying. I understand I feel for you. Me and the other men on this site care about you. Please reach out for help, talk with your T if you have one or any health service. don't let them win you are not what they h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mankind Project? by Sven @ 08/28/15 08:56 AM

The website doesnt look very professional either...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mankind Project? by bluesky @ 08/28/15 08:53 AM

I looked at there info and what is avalble online. First it is not run by actual professionals that have any training in psychology or in mental health. Second the Daily Mail had an under cover reporter go from what he reported is sounded like it cou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Numbness by Mark954 @ 08/28/15 04:30 AM

i also strrugle with letting my self feel anythings ,a few years ago a T told me that i'm afraid of my emotions , she told me that i have a phobia of emotions , doesnt it makes sense that we dont let our self feel anything ? i have been thinking abou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Numbness by Mark954 @ 08/28/15 04:14 AM

hey judd , i'm in the same boat .i have a hard time identifying what i'm feeling (in those few times when i'm not numb) , apprently it's a condition also related to emotional or phisical abuse in childhood ,i read an artcle about it in psychcentral.c
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.