Newest Members
anitab, NEGuy, Adaylight, lookingforhealin, HealingMom1
12697 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CFO Dave (50), Knowhere (37), Mr Toots (50), Red Star Badge (37), six string samurai (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bardo, GoodKiwi, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12697 Members
75 Forums
65278 Topics
456529 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Caregivers by KMCINVA @ 05/17/15 05:26 PM

Those are excellent thoughts caregivers and supporters should ask themselves. Just to add one more thought that I learned and was told would have changed the situation. Learn to say no so you can have time for yoyrself, spouse , children. Being un
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Who are you ...in Haiku? by traveler @ 05/17/15 04:00 PM

a couple more: whether i act as resigned or as accepting i embrace myself. less than could have been but more than I might have been I am other than.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Who are you ...in Haiku? by traveler @ 05/17/15 03:50 PM

Iím not who I thought I'm not what I expected. I am what I am. Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tolerate A Certain Level of BS?? by SmartShadow @ 05/17/15 03:39 PM

Hay Megellan, I have come to understand that people are complicated. I also have no friends out of choise. I could have friends if I play "my part" The role that make them think I am a nice guy and easy to get along with. The role where I s
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ 05/17/15 03:36 PM

I look at a guy. " goran no one can say if you are gay or not. " why must they. do this. I don't want to remember kirk Cameron. or joey lawerence. or sean astin. I am sick of loving men! that might b. piss someone off. it isn't th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Screaming at myself at the top of my lungs by smc1972 @ 05/17/15 02:57 PM

Magellan, I am similar in that I tell myself negative things about myself. Like I feel I am not good enough or perfect. I stress and worry how others see me. I cannot seem to view myself as having achieved much in my life. Yet I know others see me a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Caregivers by sorryson @ 05/17/15 02:40 PM

When I go to the session I always bring paper and pen. Kind of anal retentive here. The doctor said something about Mama relating to the following topics. He asked me to respond to these points. I realized Mama was in the sandwich generation of h
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Christ in the wilderness: Jesus tempted and tested by victor-victim @ 05/17/15 02:18 PM

Excellent Interpretation/Explanation Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil... TEMPTATION 1: stones-into-bread http://www.thisisvillagechurch.com/our-m...d-matthew-41-4/ TEMPTATION 2: jump-from-t
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Who are you ...in Haiku? by bluesky @ 05/17/15 10:47 AM

more than the abuse more than I believe more than the sum of my parts Bluesky
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Screaming at myself at the top of my lungs by dark empathy @ 05/17/15 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Magellan I can't connect to anyone no matter how hard I try. And I"m completely mystified by the relationships that I see developing all around me. How the hell does that happen? I must be retarded or something. I just
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Certain Level of BS by bluesky @ 05/17/15 09:26 AM

Hi Magellan Looking back I never had more than one or two friends. Even now at 44 I still have 2 or 3. I have lots of casual friends from the congregation I go to. But I find most people so superficial so shallow. Very few people have the capacity t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ePain love and loss by dark empathy @ 05/17/15 08:57 AM

Hi Eric, and thanks for the response. Insensative? how? I'm pretty sure she still has no idea how I feel or have felt, then again, nobody I've felt this way about ever has, accept on the two occasions I tried telling people, and once I got "
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Keeps me alive by Nothing Man @ 05/17/15 08:49 AM

What keeps me alive is my wife and children.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Again - An Update by bluesky @ 05/17/15 08:47 AM

Welcome back Husky. Dido Bluedogone. We have been robbed and wounded. But inspite of what happened I believe we can recover we have strengths that just need to be reawakened and nourished. For me giving up or in to pain and confusion is not an o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ePain love and loss by Nothing Man @ 05/17/15 08:43 AM

Hi Dark Empathy. I agree with Eirik; you deserve so much better than that.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by Nothing Man @ 05/17/15 08:40 AM

Hi Vet05. I am glad you found us while I am so sorry for the reason for doing so. I hope you will feel comfortable posting often. Here you will find support and healing. I also hope you are seeking professional help. Mike
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts helping vs hurting by Cam76 @ 05/17/15 08:37 AM

I am wondering how you know if your support is hurting more than its helping. I think that when we are faced with an issue we pick a strategy to attack it. Some people switch strategies but I stay with mine, convinced they are working / will work.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ePain love and loss by Chase Eric @ 05/17/15 07:49 AM

(((Dark Empathy))) She seemed remarkably insensitive. Remarkably. You deserve better.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Certain Level of BS by Acorn2Oak @ 05/17/15 07:29 AM

Magellan, can really relate to your question. In my case, also raised in a religious (extremely authoritarian) home. Also, socially inept, also LOW tolerance for BS, also assumed most people lead with that, and tried to figure ways to get through it
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by VET05 @ 05/17/15 03:39 AM

Was new to my command in the military. I was set up by people whom I thought were friends. We all hung out with a civilian and I was left drunk then I was drugged by civilian and raped. I carried the pain for 10 years and I've just started therapy fo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts ePain love and loss by dark empathy @ 05/17/15 02:57 AM

Hello to magellan, Victor, David, and everyone else. Well yes, I'm posting again, but sinse tomorrow is my final counselling session I thought it might help, at least for a while. I'll also admit something painful has just (well over the last few w
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Who are you ...in Haiku? by victor-victim @ 05/17/15 01:46 AM

i was a victim. i became a survivor, not a casualty.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Life in Six Words by dark empathy @ 05/17/15 01:02 AM

I am not part of humanity.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Who are you ...in Haiku? by concerned_husky @ 05/17/15 12:56 AM

I've met good people They give me hope for this world I'll pay it forward
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Life in Six Words by dark empathy @ 05/17/15 12:53 AM

Why do I always have nothing.
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.