Newest Members
Kandrejohnson, Bitterblue, jay72, Lookingforpeace, day
12959 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BraveFalcon (41), lost_in_space (57), oldguy (88), rjb27 (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12959 Members
75 Forums
67185 Topics
469108 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I think all survivors struggle with this by Tryingtolive @ 02/02/16 09:58 AM

Self care Self love Self acceptance I realized having self care all reflects back to your confidence. If you lack confidence you probably don't have self care. This is a major problem with me. Having self love means your okay with who you are. N
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one who does this by Tryingtolive @ 02/02/16 09:35 AM

I think the hardest part for me is not enjoying my old hobbies I once enjoyed.
Male Survivors
Concerned Husky You are right--it is your story, you own it and you have the right to share or not share. Others should not be using a survivors story to advance their own story. Take care and I hope you will soon acclimate to the new country. It
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one who does this by Tryingtolive @ 02/02/16 09:24 AM

I think it's made me question everything in my life. I don't think it would be normal not too.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one who does this by traveler @ 02/02/16 08:33 AM

I have often felt that way - as if my entire life and every element of it has been influenced, affected and hijacked by the abuse. and to a certain degree it is true. but sometimes I realize that I am giving the perps too much credit. there are perso
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one who does this by KMCINVA @ 02/02/16 07:55 AM

Trytolive abuse does impact all aspects of our lives. Unknown to us at times we fall under the control of the abuse. We all react differently to the abuse, our mind tries to protect us and for many it robs us of being who we should truly be. Ther
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one who does this by KL @ 02/02/16 06:46 AM

I feel very much the same, as if my abusers will have their tentacles in every aspect of my life from now until the day I die. But their grip doesn't always have to be so tight, I've found that sometimes it can be lessened through time, mental exerci
Male Survivors
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA Try to take a step back and look at all you have done for others and given of yourself--I failed to do that and it was overwhelming and almost fatal. I do not want any of you to feel that way. Take care, get help, talk
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Story, and My "Recovery" So Far ***Triggers*** by Tryingtolive @ 02/02/16 06:23 AM

(Concerned husky)
Male Survivors
Originally Posted By: concerned_husky For me, it is not about merely accepting yourself as a victim or a survivor, as essential a step as that may be. Support is not about keeping each other dependent, but to empower one another, and to eventually l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts . by concerned_husky @ 02/02/16 05:07 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Regarding Intimacy TRIGGER WARNING by KL @ 02/01/16 11:10 PM

More of me working out the after effects of my CSA with video. Contains suggestive material. Viewer Discretion Advised. Homoerotic in nature, although it's not X rated or anything. YouTube friendly, but Trigger heavy. [video:youtube]https://youtu
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What We Focus On Expands by KMCINVA @ 02/01/16 10:16 PM

John C Those words are so true--I was looking down a loaded barrel--I had achieved the sense of calm and resolve it was ok to do it. But for the grace of friends and support and the elusive sleep I learned I was looking in the wrong direction--not t
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Phoenix Will Rise by Sterling @ 02/01/16 09:30 PM

Good song! I wish songs like this were available at karaoke. Anyway, thanks again Kevin.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Dark knight of The Nite by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:20 PM

(Elad1)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Ripples by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:19 PM

(Roger)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Burn Bridges Burn by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:17 PM

(still)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: What is Life? by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:17 PM

(dusty42) "...God has been gracious with others as well, but me He puts through a living hell, While some can celebrate with ringing bells, my life's more like a dried-up well..."
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: words.. just words... by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:15 PM

(frost)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: When will I by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:15 PM

(tryingtolive)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Everyday by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:14 PM

(tryingtolive)
Male Survivors
(tryingtolive)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Roommate is Triggering (trigger warning) by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:11 PM

(BFree27) Maybe talking to the cousin about it would ruin the learning experience of having him around. It's not really the cousin's fault and implying rules on his behavior might cause a loss of respect, as far as the cousin's honest opinion of yo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one who does this by tommyb @ 02/01/16 09:05 PM

(tryingtolive) It's okay to notice.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Am I the only one who does this by Tryingtolive @ 02/01/16 08:50 PM

Blame the abuse on all aspects of my life. Social life Family life Love life Physical being Mental Spiritually Is it okay to throw My abuse on all aspects of life or am I just looking for excuses
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.