Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (DougieB, Ocellaris, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by don64 @ 08/18/14 03:13 PM

Hi Gaatt, I love my medal, and it is now safely in my archives. I'm glad you're writing the letters to your Dad. It's a great way to move and clarify feelings and to get closure. The Patricia Love book is on my list to get, but my Kindle reader i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dear Cardinal O'Maley by motmcd @ 08/18/14 11:47 AM

Update: Subsequent to my emails and letters going unanswered, I eventually contacted Cardinal O'Malley's office on two occasions via telephone . The first call resulted in me explaining to an unknown entity answereing the phone the purpose for my c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do I have to forgive? KEN SINGER comment by WriterKeith @ 08/18/14 01:38 AM

For fellow survivors pondering or struggling with the belief or indoctrination of "you MUST forgive," you may find peace in learning about "Narcissistic Personality Disorder." There are fellow survivors here who have discussed it, but I hadn't grasp
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A life fully lived?? by pufferfish @ 08/18/14 12:01 AM

That skating culture bypassed me almost entirely. I was caught up in my job and following academic coursework. It looks like there are a lot of parallels in the life of a young star athlete to those of a Hollywood child star. Jay Adams' appearanc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: avoidance of suffering by justplainme @ 08/18/14 12:00 AM

All the time man, that Merton quote is the truth. What i do is use the pain as fuel,i always remind myself that the abuse only extended my vision of life toward obvious realities people never want to stare, i can relate and understand war veterans no
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Afraid to Move Forward by justplainme @ 08/17/14 11:42 PM

Forgiveness is when we let go of all hopes for a better past. You owe yourself a life of joy bud!
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by pufferfish @ 08/17/14 11:34 PM

Yes, I was an army brat until I was about 7. It was during WWII. I wasn't abused directly because of his military service. But the absence of my father as he attended war duties set me up for abuse. He was very busy and it interfered with home l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering how young/nieve 13/14 is by takingitslow @ 08/17/14 08:11 PM

MAY TRIGGER ****** my csa abuse started when I was 14. When I see how young, small and weak compared to a 50 year old man this age is I do get angry. But this just fuels more hatred for my uncle. I have worked on this anger and I feel it is channel
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by Going forward @ 08/17/14 06:47 PM

It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done; being married to a CSA survivor for more that 35years. I certainly am not one to give advice but I am not sure if the sadness and suffering ever gets better. No one can understand what it is like to
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Help Seeking and Suicide Prevention by Ever-fixed Mark @ 08/17/14 05:50 PM

I just noticed a study from earlier in the year that sought to understand what impact getting treatment had in suicide prevention for lesbian, gay, and bisexual people. The results aren't what the researchers expected, so there there will be more wo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts avoidance of suffering by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 05:21 PM

I stumbled across this quote and it provoked much introspection. “The more you try to avoid suffering, the more you suffer, because smaller and more insignificant things begin to torture you, in proportion to your fear of being hurt. The one who doe
Humor
Jump to new posts prescription to kill by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 05:09 PM

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, I would like to buy some cyanide. ' The pharmacist asked, 'Why in the world do you need cyanide?' The lady replied,
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pray for me please by fhorns @ 08/17/14 04:49 PM

Thank you sorryson. Your words touch me. Thank you. I'll share a good thing here. I began PMing a survivor here, also a Christian. He shared a bunch of posts he'd been in, and it spoke to me: I have a lot of pride. Very deceptive, sometimes, bu
Humor
Jump to new posts drunk driving, english style by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 04:47 PM

This happened to an Englishman in France who was totally drunk. The French policeman stops his car and asks the gentleman if he has been drinking. With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been drinking all day, that his daughter g
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by gaatt @ 08/17/14 04:22 PM

Hi Don, You are welcome. Thanks for responding too. I'm glad that I've met another adult with a history of being a dependent child of a military parent. One thing that bothers me quite deeply about the military is the "collateral damage"
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: creek by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 04:19 PM

Levels Of Stress You pick up a hitchhiker... A beautiful girl. Suddenly she faints inside your car and you take her to the hospital. Now that's stressful. But at the hospital, they say she is pregnant and congratulate you that you're
Humor
Jump to new posts creek by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 04:16 PM

[img:left]http://s386.photobucket.com/user/Snowfool66/media/Schitt_Creek_Sign_zpsedc24343.jpg.html[/img]
Humor
Jump to new posts inventing the motorcycle by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 04:13 PM

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur, 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is that you can hang out wi
Humor
Jump to new posts I need a raise by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 04:12 PM

Employee: Excuse me sir, may I talk to you? Boss: Sure, come on in… What can I do for you? Employee: Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten years. Boss: Yes. Employee: I won't beat around the bush
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: silly clever science humour by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 04:04 PM

A uranium atom walked into a reactor and realized he was in the wrong place. "Time for me to split," he said.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 03:54 PM

One of my perps was a 14 (or so) year old boy who raped me. A couple things are clear, however. I've had a really rough life as an alcoholic suffering from major depression. I've drunk myself out of every good job and schooling opportunity I've had
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A life fully lived?? by GoodSamaritan @ 08/17/14 03:48 PM

Robbie, I watched a couple of those interviews yesterday, and I see what you mean. I believe one of the videos you posted makes a brief comment on his difficult childhood, but no details are given. All we are told is that he already had a step
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Home & realizing how negative an influence mom is by Nothing Man @ 08/17/14 03:41 PM

NSM, I had a situation almost exactly like yours, except that in my scenario my mother the alcoholic and addict was also one of my perps. It is amazing how an uber-manipulative person can twist words, deeds and even love itself in an effort to get w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Escape #2: An Update by peacemaker67 @ 08/17/14 01:30 PM

Hey there-sounds like a lot has happened since our last chat. WOW-great for you with the move. Anyone who ever works to manipulate us or "guilt" us for their problems will always be baggage. OK to visit, but not ok to carry their life burde
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts learning to embrace loneliness help plese by HD001 @ 08/17/14 01:07 PM

So I feel pretty damn lonely. It sucks. I feel more alone in my marriage then I ever felt being single. I'm putting a lot of work in on myself and doing things that are good for me again and this feels good but this lonely thing keeps bothering me. M
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.