Newest Members
micro44, m75, scorpus, anitab, NEGuy
12700 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Reactor2 (60), ScooterSCS (34), USARMYMAN59 (56), WPB (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (PhoenixRising, 4 invisible), 41 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12700 Members
75 Forums
65302 Topics
456662 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What my psychologist told me by bluesky @ 05/21/15 08:06 AM

Hi just wondering how your doing and how are thing working out with your T.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by bluesky @ 05/21/15 07:55 AM

(((((Kevin))))) I am having a hard time writing this I am sitting here crying. It's so painful to hear how people treat others especially when someone was or is down. How they enjoy the suffering of others so sad. I am sorry you are going through thi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trust and Self Advocacy by GoodKiwi @ 05/21/15 06:33 AM

Thank you gentle soul. Your post echoes nicely one of the truths Iím just beginning to confront. When my abuse happened I was entirely dependent on my parents and ever since Iíve been looking to them for a magical solution that would make me normal a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ 05/21/15 06:12 AM

Kevin Please let us know how you are doing, three words, I am good I am well or some sign. I am thinking of you. Last night I remember we would harass Dad on his answering machine. He finally took it out. I called Dad's wife, she is wonderful and ex
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Trust and Self Advocacy by 1islandboy @ 05/21/15 05:34 AM

When we are born, children depend on adults to take care of them. This is why, often in legal proceedings juveniles are also known as dependents. This starts all the way back to when I was feeding from my mothers breast, I learned to trust. As we
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting the abuser by GoodKiwi @ 05/21/15 05:03 AM

Scary as hell seeing the abuser close-up. The gas lighting was unbelievable. They should script that and distribute it as an example of what to expect from an unrepentant abuser. Plaudits to the guy who confronted him.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by GoodKiwi @ 05/21/15 04:57 AM

Kevin, the lack of sensitivity in the way people are treating you too is astounding. It spins my head no end how people can be so uncaring when it comes to CSA. I get how people might feel awkward talking about something they donít understand but no
Poetry
Jump to new posts Because of you by zip14 @ 05/21/15 04:38 AM

because of you i cannot sleep for that's when you came to kill my dreams so i sit alone in the dark hoping the sound of my keyboard pounds in your head
Health and Wellbeing
It's 4am and another night of tossing. I normally get by with Melatonin but that isn't working at this point. Like you, the past year has seen me addressing abuse from way back. I am at the point where I have to sleep for a few hours during the day t
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by nltsaved @ 05/21/15 03:40 AM

Hold onto your butts its about to get real ! Bible study (notes) 5/17/2015 -INTEGRITY- Integrity is a reflection of your actions. Integrity is something that can cause you to loose or gain. Emotion will compromise but integrity will not allow you
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Keeps me alive by nltsaved @ 05/21/15 03:36 AM

The only unforgivable sin is blaspheming the holy spirit. Only Catholics believe God does not forgive suicide it is nowhere to be found in the word of God. That which you speak comes from the words of man made doctrine . Look it up nowhere in scriptu
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Venting mostly, but how do I keep going? by Adaylight @ 05/21/15 03:21 AM

M and CJ, Thank you both for your thoughtful responses! CJ- Just a point of clarification. The abortion was not my idea, it was an ultimatum that came after 1.5 months of being happy about the situation. Whenever he wants to hurt me, he throws it
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: When gay partners aren't on the same page by kcinohio @ 05/21/15 12:52 AM

Thanks don64 and banterings. Appreciate the replies and will see how things go with this.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts James Rhodes Pianist and survivor by tbkkfile @ 05/21/15 12:14 AM

James Rhodes said ďClearly this is a victory for freedom of speech. More importantly it is a powerful message to survivors of sexual abuse. There is already too much stigma and shame surrounding mental health and sexual abuse, and although I am horr
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Enabling/supporting by Mishka95673 @ 05/20/15 11:10 PM

I only answered one of three questions - I will answer the other two. 1) yes, my man got better at hiding things from me 2) yes, it likely will happen again But there are two things which are super important for you to know: 1) it will slow down
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Enabling/supporting by Mishka95673 @ 05/20/15 10:41 PM

Target, Therapists are very knowledgable but they do not know everything. Anyone who hasn't walked a mile in your shoes...our shoes...could easily say "walking away is doing more harm than good." For whom? It is currently a toxic relatio
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by SayItRight @ 05/20/15 10:24 PM

Kevin, Disturbing to hear someone wishes to be that cruel. You have always been such a great support, encouragement, and example to me. I would not have made the progress I have without your help. I don't know how to address what is going on or how
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by txb @ 05/20/15 08:31 PM

I know I have acted in ways I don't like while suffering some mental health stuff. I'd find it horrendous if someone was to bring this up with others and use it against me. I'm very sorry that someone has done this to you. I'm sorry that I don't have
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting the abuser by txb @ 05/20/15 08:13 PM

Thanks for posting this. It was pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I've been talking with my T lately about what it would be like to confront one of my abusers. Everything she suggested an abuser would say was said by the guy in the video. I l
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
I have no idea what caused any of the psychotic episodes I've had. I can't say drugs cured it, but they made it easier to deal with and got rid of most of the terrifying stuff. I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of the video because the editing fre
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Enabling/supporting by target687 @ 05/20/15 07:57 PM

Just saw a therapist today. She was super positive. She seemed to be familiar with CSA. She had some awesome outlooks. She seemed to think that me walking away, was probably doing more harm than not. Thought it seemed like our relationship was a
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lacking motivation by txb @ 05/20/15 07:51 PM

I'm still failing. I have my final assignment to do and I canít seem to work up the motivation to start it. I have an exam I'm supposed to revise for too. I also sort of fell out with my dad. He is studying for a degree too and I feel obligated to h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ 05/20/15 07:16 PM

I agree with victor this slandering on social media is terrible. I believe it shows the mental and emotional instability of the one slandering the other person. I mentioned your troubles to my sister and she said a definitely emotionally and psychol
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by Nothing Man @ 05/20/15 07:09 PM

(((Jeff)))) She was an abuser. She abused and mistreated you. You don't really owe her anything. Perhaps you can tell her to schedule her doctors and other appointments around YOUR schedule. You are the adult now in this relationship and she is
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Take These Broken Wings, by Daniel Mackler by Bluedogone @ 05/20/15 07:03 PM

If someone is in a state of distress, psychiatric medications will definitely NOT remedy the cause of the distress. But medications can be, and often are, a very useful bridge to assist someone who is in distress, to safely function and sustain the
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.