Newest Members
sowhathappensnow, lostar, Kandrejohnson, Bitterblue, jay72
12961 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adriana (33), Andrew J (44), Angeldoll193 (25), diesel dave (61), Gam4700 (60), Red's wife (58), smc1972 (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (betrayed boy, 4 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12961 Members
75 Forums
67195 Topics
469173 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Clergy Abuse--SNAP --Excellent Synopsis by KMCINVA @ 02/05/16 11:45 AM

http://www.crossmap.com/blogs/spotlight-supporting-those-affected-by-clergy-abuse-7225 ALBUQUERUQE, NEW MEXICO (ANS - January 28, 2016) -- In the new Hollywood movie, Spotlight, the story is told of how journalist of the Boston community took on th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for all survivors by Rich1967 @ 02/05/16 11:03 AM

[What life style changes did you have to make in order for you to cope? ] I self isolated and kept men particularly at arms length. [What's the biggest thing you still struggle with?] The wound that my real father passed on to me of feeling wor
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Abused Again by Rich1967 @ 02/05/16 10:06 AM

BFree27, I relate so much to some of the things you described. I hate not being able to feel anything and then to not even know I'm in that state... Those are the scariest times for me too. Mostly now I am just triggered a lot which is usually a f
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Havent posted for awhile by Terry1992 @ 02/05/16 09:39 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. I am doing better since finding MS and asking for help 6 months ago. This is a tough road but you all continue to give me hope. Highs and lows are my daily struggle but I have hope
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Feminine Nuturing , reiki by KMCINVA @ 02/05/16 08:50 AM

Bowierocks I read your words and one thing jumps out, the need to be heard, being close and relaxed. That is hard because, at least for me, I buried emotions and had fears of someone learning my secret. At the same time, I must have gravitated towa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for all survivors by dark empathy @ 02/05/16 08:36 AM

What life style changes did you have to make in order for you to cope? Quite a few, especially around my genophobia and fear or being seen naked, everything from always locking doors to quitting swimming to never wearing short trousers again. There
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: childhood emotional neglect and alexithymia by KMCINVA @ 02/05/16 08:35 AM

andrewt I had never heard of this condition. I did some reading and found it quite interesting--almost 10% of the population. It seems the individual lacks empathy and this may help to explain why many have a disregard for the emotions and feelings
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: BOWIEROCKS! :) by dark empathy @ 02/05/16 08:22 AM

@Bowierocks, this doesn't sound sick or wrong to me. One thing I'm just learning, is that love making is only one part of a far larger type of intimacy and communication. My lady is naturally very physical, and very loving, and I'm realizing that
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Perspective by KMCINVA @ 02/05/16 08:03 AM

Victor and Brian So many times I would see myself falling from a cliff, a balcony or mountain when despair was so strong. Plunging to what I thought was my end, at peace and ready to hit the ground. But for some reason I am saved and I would fly b
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Havent posted for awhile by KMCINVA @ 02/05/16 07:54 AM

Terry1992 I am sad when I read your story. I can sense the pain you carry. I am sorry you had to live through such fear as a child. It is strange, when I ever I tried to numb the memories would fade for a short time but never disappear. I would cry
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How can I help my CSA Husband see what I see? by dark empathy @ 02/05/16 07:30 AM

Hi Won't give up. I will say I do the same. Worthlessness, self hatred, feeling that I am diseased (a favourite term of the abusers), has been part of me for such a long time it's nearly impossible to think of myself any other way. This even went f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for all survivors by traveler @ 02/05/16 07:22 AM

What life style changes did you have to make in order for you to cope? - While the abuse was going on, I turned inward and put on a mask of stoic normalcy so that no one would know what was happening and how I was feeling. I shut everyone out and d
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Havent posted for awhile by victor-victim @ 02/05/16 06:58 AM

your story makes me sick and sad. i go mad thinking about your dad! i close my eyes and fade to black. my tears must flow, i can't hold back. the pain of innocence defiled. it shouldn't hurt to be a child! ____________________________________
Poetry
Jump to new posts watashi no kokoro by victor-victim @ 02/05/16 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: victor-victim   watashi no kokoro i am not vulcan. i am not spock. i am not robot. i am not rock. i am not zombie. i am not stone. i am my heart, mein herz, mon cœur, mi corazón. i am not computer nor cold
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: BOWIEROCKS! :) by trishy @ 02/05/16 04:26 AM

Hi there, I felt like Mishka, as a loving wife, I'd want to be in discussion with you about your needs. To have a chance to see you, if my busy life means I havent seen or heard my hubby... getting into couples T to work together on increasing intima
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How can I help my CSA Husband see what I see? by HealingHope @ 02/05/16 04:12 AM

Hi wontgiveup Thank you so much for sharing the love you have for your husband. I'm in a similar place if that helps to know? My love shows such similar beliefs about himself. Reading your post has helped me, so thank you. Please know you're not alo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for all survivors by victor-victim @ 02/05/16 03:09 AM

ok, i'll give it a go... What life style changes did you have to make in order for you to cope? just say NO! walk away from all the temptations. it didn't matter that i was on a one-way street, i could see the dead-end up ahead and i did a u
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for all survivors by smc1972 @ 02/05/16 01:04 AM

What life style changes did you have to make in order for you to cope? I don't think I have truly coped with things. I guess my have chosen to live Denial. What's the biggest thing you still struggle with? Sexual aspects of life. Self hate o
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Book of Revelation by victor-victim @ 02/04/16 10:53 PM

i have been listening to this verse by verse study. interesting and entertaining. information and inspiration. Decoding The Book Of Revelation | Walter Veith www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtb7PQUkJRk&index=1&list=PLSTbztRUl4kb2sQVWMsA-4iJScjUW
Male Survivors
I have this feeling most days to the point at time I also feel my heart race and panicking. I know I battle depression and have for more years than I can admit to myself. Life to me is just up and deep downs. Like this part of my life I try to face
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: BOWIEROCKS! :) by Sterling @ 02/04/16 09:45 PM

may be I should shut up! and follow my own advice . but I don't like it when some posts don't get a response. the best to you bud. James
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Questions for all survivors by 14by10 @ 02/04/16 09:01 PM

What life style changes did you have to make in order for you to cope? I have just started my healing journey. I have given up some compulsive habits that were formed over decades. What's the biggest thing you still struggle with? I still struggle
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 02/04/16 08:43 PM

thank you so much Victor. V . You have no idea...what I am going thru??? Weird. I am trying to reach out. And am doing well. I get it how my stupid dad wants everything. He is so sick. I cant change him. I hate having some thoughts that F@#%.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: relapse and recovery by winter-rain @ 02/04/16 08:20 PM

hi Bey you are amasing,I assure you of that. today we chatted and you didn't mention a thing about what you are going through. than I read your post. dude, I had no idea about the stuff that is going on in your life, you were just being Bey, and that
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Perspective by Brian Cardoza @ 02/04/16 07:39 PM

Victor, I love Vonnegut, thank you for leaving these wonderful words
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.