Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (wiresguy1, 4 invisible), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445542 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Can coffee aggravate PTSD? by Still @ 10/22/14 12:35 AM

I attended one of the Los Angeles MS support group meetings once. There, one member said he was always to never go out Hungry, Tired, Angry and something else. I have discovered going out like that can and will cause some serious upset and possible
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Drugs as Suicide Alternative by Still @ 10/22/14 12:29 AM

****DRUG USE TRIGGER WARNING**** You ever have one of those realization that is so bloody profound to you for a little while, until you suddenly see how obvious it was all along? Well, I had one. With absolute zero fellowship with other young Chri
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by finallyhere @ 10/22/14 12:18 AM

Sounds like things moved forward. Good to hear about the breakthroughs with mama and most of all the positive direction for your brother. I know we all hurt when those we love are in such pain as your brother. But don't neglect yourself in the meanti
Poetry
Jump to new posts To a dying old man by kcinohio @ 10/22/14 12:07 AM

Just breathe easy You're almost there Glad for this time With you to share Not easy now, But was not then Abused and hurt You chose love when You could have died Or hurt others But love pulled you Away from lures Of bitter bile Wasted regret, Inst
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling so much old sadness as things improve by kcinohio @ 10/21/14 11:16 PM

Don, thanks for sharing that. In my opinion, the reason such thing come up now is that you've managed to create a safe space where you can feel and process those feelings in your life now. That isn't always easy to remember while going though the pai
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Love Driving Stick by Suwanee @ 10/21/14 10:47 PM

This thread popped up as "being viewed." I like manual transmissions, so I had to click on it. It's getting harder and harder to find cars with manual transmissions. In some cases, all the literature indicates a model comes in such and suc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by sorryson @ 10/21/14 10:10 PM

Thank you for the support and the PMs. I think the sessions will be helpful and hopefully when it is time for my brother to join he will be strong enough to deal with the issues. Mama called and I was hesitant to speak with her. She was calm and s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Speaking to my son (before he was born) by focusedbody @ 10/21/14 09:16 PM

In my journey of understanding how I grew and didn't grow, sometimes I recall how over the years I would talk to the son I would someday want to have. When it came time to have children, actually having son didn't even occur to me. Then it happene
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one......? by don64 @ 10/21/14 09:08 PM

Hi fhorns, Tears are VERY cleansing, IMO. It sounds to me like your prayers are being answered. My experience is I'm always getting exactly what I need for my growth, it's just that I frequently don't understand it at the time, and that when it hu
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapy -- Does/did it "work" for you? by don64 @ 10/21/14 08:56 PM

Your therapy is about you, not the therapist. Trust your feelings. If you feel better with a male therapist with csa experience, don't settle until you find him. You are worth every bit of effort it takes to find what is right for you. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Feeling so much old sadness as things improve by don64 @ 10/21/14 08:47 PM

I have music in my life again, and am enjoying singing in a more satisfying manner than ever before in my 65 years. The feedback I am getting from everyone and everything is optimistic. I'm in the world of people again, and can't ask for better fee
U.S. & World News
BTW: Sayreville Police Department has no mode of contact on their home-page. But they DO have a very open facebook page. Some police departments need a little encouragement to do the right things.
U.S. & World News
I can no longer access http://www.mycentraljersey.com/ for free, but today there was a report about one victim who claims "the police tried to get him to change his story." Most folk here won't say this, but I hope every enabler, every per
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapy -- Does/did it "work" for you? by finallyhere @ 10/21/14 06:21 PM

Over the years I have had multiple t's. I did not understand the importance of finding the right one, to me I had the insurance provide book and picked it like I was in the yellow pages. These guys here have a lot of great advice, like Kevin said, in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shame Binding by justplainme @ 10/21/14 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Chase EricOriginally Posted By: justplainmeHave any of you address the topic of shame in your lives? This question strikes me as odd. It's sort of like going to a Saints game and asking if anyone has addressed the topic of foo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shame Binding by justplainme @ 10/21/14 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: focusedbody When I listen from a place of understanding and brave curiosity, I can usually get a little clearer on what is happening. I really like this mate.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Starting recovery by Anura @ 10/21/14 05:47 PM

Just being able to see that I am so far from alone in this, and having people to share with, is already making all of this less difficult. I have been in tears so many times lately, and I'm not usually that emotional of a person. For most of my life
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts I just called an MST number...here's what happened by GeorgeMartin @ 10/21/14 04:48 PM

I called an MST personnel (a woman) who was nice and seemed to listen. They she gives me another phone number to contact (safehelpline)... Then I get another 1 (800) number ... and then another, and another and another. Finally, I get to yet another
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one......? by fhorns @ 10/21/14 03:44 PM

I sat here getting anxious about today's (normal) responsibilities. In my head I heard "watch and pray". For some reason, Jesus knew we were weak. He told us things.......since He loves me. I know I'm not alone, but I'll ask: am I the
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: bull shit- taking responsibility by Sterling @ 10/21/14 03:25 PM

hey ". hey! "what is going on?" not much. I have been trying to focus on too much. I don't know what to ....I am working hard to want to do something with my life. Pissed off that I have these injuries, have a big debt and am sca
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapy -- Does/did it "work" for you? by KMCINVA @ 10/21/14 03:20 PM

SM Finding the right therapist is important. You have to feel safe and at the same time they must have the ability to move you forward. My T is part of peer group that discuss issues without identifying clients. It allows them to gain insights and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Therapy -- Does/did it "work" for you? by SurvivingMe @ 10/21/14 03:04 PM

Hey guys -- I don't post alot, but I read the forums nearly every day. I really appreciate those of you who post and respond and have gained alot of wisdom and help from many of you. I'm not really sure what kind of response I'm expecting here but f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shame Binding by Chase Eric @ 10/21/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: justplainmeHave any of you address the topic of shame in your lives? This question strikes me as odd. It's sort of like going to a Saints game and asking if anyone has addressed the topic of football. To survivors, I think CS
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one......? by fhorns @ 10/21/14 02:51 PM

Thank you newground. I write here to be validated. Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Am I the only one......? by newground @ 10/21/14 02:42 PM

Hey bud NO you are certainly not the only one. I struggle so in this part of my life. trusting people has gotten me burned and I fear that. and my thoughts and feelings get so clouded I want to have intimate kinds of friendship. but what does that m
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.