Newest Members
RichNewman, woodyamorc, Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless
12597 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
1goodguy (57), 1survivor (52), Casey_SC (27), jamaicanrudeboy (35), Jamaicanyuth (35), mountainfrost (47), nolan79 (36), Ron_dup1 (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (pow, Suwanee, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12597 Members
74 Forums
64679 Topics
452044 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by BraveFalcon @ 02/26/15 09:28 PM

Hi guys. Thank you so much for all the heartfelt and well thought out replies. I appreciate every single one of them. Now that I've had more time to process things, I'm leaning more towards not calling her. I feel kind of bad for not doing it, but t
Introductions
Jump to new posts hi guys i'm betrayed boy by betrayed boy @ 02/26/15 08:51 PM

hi I'm fairly new to the site and mostly go straight to chat,i'm making some new friends there, give a little help get a little help seems a good thing to me, my T steered me here and as im reading victems no longer I figured what the heck check
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and exhausted by woodenshoes @ 02/26/15 08:32 PM

Babypink I feel your pain. I only started recovery 16 months ago. I have had a road like yours. I hope you find the resources here a help. I have revised my response and wanted to let you know healing is a cycle of ups and downs and my previous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Funerals Put Life in Perspective by KMCINVA @ 02/26/15 08:22 PM

Paul I saw that movie several times, the Betty Broderick Story. I read a few years ago she was denied parole because after 20 years she is still angry and bitter. She demonstrates her anger not only was destructive to her but to her children. Ang
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mental illness and SA by Nothing Man @ 02/26/15 07:39 PM

I've lived with extreme depression, and that is certainly a mental illness. Like Greg, I had a breakdown and got myself checked into a mental unit for the depression, suicidal ideation and alcoholism that had been plaguing me for years. I can certa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Tired and exhausted by BabyPinkSWE @ 02/26/15 07:18 PM

It's been 30 years since my childhood sexual abuse. And I'm still struggling and dealing. I'm so tired, so numb inside, so dead inside. Each time I think I'm ok and go on with my life I later discover that it was all a lie to myself. I keep doing e
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mental illness and SA by Greg56 @ 02/26/15 06:59 PM

Tryingtolive....I've always had problems with the abuse...highs/lows, etc. But, I could always get through it with little to no scathing. This all changed a couple of years ago for me...when I was 56yro...I had a "breakdown" or as the op
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mental illness and SA by Publius @ 02/26/15 06:55 PM

Indeed, many mental illnesses can be traced back to some sort of childhood trauma. HOWEVER, treatment can and does work. Recovery is real. Many people never take that first step you did not too long ago, many others fall into addiction or behavior
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by myrlin @ 02/26/15 06:50 PM

Well said Robert1000
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mental illness and SA by Rich1967 @ 02/26/15 05:39 PM

My T had a great line, "You are acting normally to an abnormal situation". Yeah, if you were sexually abused everything you said that's happening to you sounds pretty normal to me. I relate to all of it. Originally Posted By: Tryingtol
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Desire to associate with God's people... but by victor-victim @ 02/26/15 05:34 PM

i attend various fellowship gatherings, but i have not been able to bring myself to actually join any particular congregation or denomination. i don't do well with groupthink. the other issue is, i ultimately never feel like i belong. there m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: afghan dancing boys by victor-victim @ 02/26/15 05:19 PM

Ignored by society, Afghan dancing boys suffer centuries of sexual exploitation through economic class oppression. fabrication? prejudice? bigotry? islamophobia? just google "Bacha bazi" and decide for yourself. and this is page o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts afghan dancing boys by victor-victim @ 02/26/15 05:01 PM

why was this topic closed? "A tough reality ****TRIGGER****" all i get now is access denied... http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&topic=68614 http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any suggestion??? by MYTIME @ 02/26/15 04:01 PM

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate all your input. It helps a lot to feel a sense of support from this group. So much going on in my head but I am doing my best to focus on the positive.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Autism Talk TV by Becoming Other @ 02/26/15 03:46 PM

This is more from Wrong Planet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-h0-M5G9I This starts with from left to right, Jack ( Cubby ) Robison, Kirsten, and Alex Plank. I'm watching these videos and as far as I am concerned it is all total bull shit. It
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO REVEAL by KMCINVA @ 02/26/15 02:41 PM

My experience was mixed. My father suspected something based on a discussion he had with the guys in town over coffee. One father told of his two sons who were altar boys and were abused in the church. The boys had a difficult life. I was driving m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by Robert1000 @ 02/26/15 02:27 PM

I want to say, too, to Eirik, that I've been reading your posts for years, and I appreciate everything you have to say. Maybe you're an odd duck, but you're going out on a limb to say you're the oddest! We're our own group, right here, and there's no
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my first support-oriented "video" by Rich1967 @ 02/26/15 01:28 PM

MarkK, I am no artist and hate commenting too much on someone else's art...just don't feel qualified to say much. I can say I watched it and my heart sank when you posted: Originally Posted By: MarkKok i guess that says it all I could tell when w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO REVEAL by Halster @ 02/26/15 12:24 PM

I suppose it all depends upon what you are "expecting" or "wanting" to happen. I suspect that we reveal CSA to folks while we, in some way, are expecting something from them. Do we need to feel accepted? Do we need to be unders
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my first support-oriented "video" by iaccus @ 02/26/15 11:04 AM

I like it!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any suggestion??? by Rich1967 @ 02/26/15 10:27 AM

Mytime, Sorry to hear about the friend trouble. For me that stuff was some of the hardest things I have struggled with. I was so sure in my mind and heart that no one would want to be my friend if I told them my story or they found out so I spent
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my first support-oriented "video" by Still @ 02/26/15 10:11 AM

WELL DONE!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my first support-oriented "video" by Obi @ 02/26/15 10:04 AM

Mark, I will admit that I haven't seen it yet, but I was planning on it. So, please don't take it down. I've been very busy and haven't had much free time to watch it. What little free time I had has been given to my wife and dealing with some of th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my first support-oriented "video" by MarkK @ 02/26/15 09:50 AM

Lee, thanks for posting something. to answer your question, yes to the composition and yes i'm playing. i don't think i'm doing anymore of these. it's too difficult to pour that much of my heart and soul into something and hear nothing. even an &
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Me and a classmate by don64 @ 02/26/15 08:52 AM

Hi TW16, Setting healthy limits and boundaries for myself has been a lifelong difficulty--a consequence of my abuse and my family of origin. The greatest help for myself has been to realize that the limits and boundaries I have to set are with myse
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.