Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: calling all christians by Jim1961 @ 07/21/14 10:50 PM

I got Baptized back at the 2003 Easter Vigil. Awesome experience, and I have gone back to the vigil every year since to watch the ceremony and Baptisms. Wish I could be there for yours!
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: calling all christians by victor-victim @ 07/21/14 09:39 PM

the actual ritual is scheduled for august 10. i have been very thorough in my preparations.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by Rustam @ 07/21/14 09:31 PM

It is a very healing impulse to have, sounds like you have an intuitive understanding of how healing it can be. There are books and stuff online about getting in touch with the inner child. Common techniques include writing letters back and fourth b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by dark empathy @ 07/21/14 07:18 PM

"no man who is too nice can write that way" I'm afraid you've lost me with that one Justplaneme. Do you mean me in the previo0us post, the rather scummy Percy Shelly, or Frankenstein marrying his sister? I am also utterly confused about
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by justplainme @ 07/21/14 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dark empathywhenever I have asked my friends (of both genders), exactly how they got together with their respective partners, they just talk about some sort of mysterious signals. Well I seem unable to pick up those signals, per
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: gay and glad and turning in! by don64 @ 07/21/14 03:11 PM

Hi Guys, I've been going through a gay movie marathon on netflix for awhile now. I'm 65, and am just now getting recovered enough to begin to retrieve some damaged early places. I'm just now retrieving myself from 17-20, a very dark time for me, a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by NoSimpleMachine @ 07/21/14 02:41 PM

Hi ethereo. I think your desire to hold and care for your child self is a necessary and healthy one, and desiring it is a step toward achieving it. I urge you to not lose patience with the process of achieving it; these things have a way of taking as
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: gay and glad and turning in! by JayBro @ 07/21/14 02:30 PM

Hey 1lifenow! That was an amazing, and as Don said, INSPIRING, post! I am so happy for you. You have articulated some deep insight into the recovery process as well as the coming out and LIVING out process. Love and acceptance of one's self and other
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by NoSimpleMachine @ 07/21/14 01:11 PM

So much great advice in this thread. I've been rather nervous about re-engaging in sexual activity whenever that should come up (I'm not there yet, but want to be) and it's calming to read this thread and have ideas for how to approach things. Adam,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by dark empathy @ 07/21/14 12:59 PM

whenever I have asked my friends (of both genders), exactly how they got together with their respective partners, they just talk about some sort of mysterious signals. Well I seem unable to pick up those signals, perhaps because my s/xuality is prett
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I finally told my wife by KMCINVA @ 07/21/14 12:49 PM

Jim1961 I happy it went well for you and have found support from your wife. I hope this takes some of the burden of the whole CSA off your shoulders of not having to hide it from your wife. You must know your wife well--to have been able to share
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: For the first time I am writing "my story" by Austintexan @ 07/21/14 10:22 AM

Lee, Would you mind if I cut and paste your post and email it to my wife? I haven't shown her this site yet because I would prefer a private outlet for the time being to share my true feelings. I bought her "Allies and Healing: When the perso
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by justplainme @ 07/21/14 10:09 AM

I just remembered a woman wrote Frankenstein,so we are definitely one cool chicks type at the very least
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by justplainme @ 07/21/14 10:03 AM

I feel your frustration it definitely is a fucking tragedy. I don't know about many things. Yet i do feel your frustration, maybe your trying to be to others what you would want to have them be to you., i know i certainly spent a whole lot of my emot
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by KMCINVA @ 07/21/14 09:44 AM

I understand your need to protect yourself. Shutting out the world only locks you in your own world. Someone gave a Friedrich Nietzsche quote to me “Growth in wisdom may be exactly measured by decrease in bitterness”. I believe this to be true, we
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cloudyfalls by Obi @ 07/21/14 08:57 AM

Thanks, ce.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I finally told my wife by Jim1961 @ 07/21/14 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: sugarbabyQuote:But GEE my first reflex is just to lie, to minimize, to keep secret that something is wrong Yup - H and I were just taking about this last night. So how did that talk go? Just curious.... Jim
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: poem 54 by dark empathy @ 07/21/14 08:26 AM

Glad people like. For this one blaime a rather weerd combination of Leonard cohen and the rhyme of the ancient mariner, and what I was feeling at the time.
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Getting things together by Tyr @ 07/21/14 08:22 AM

np thank u .... wish others would chime in - its a bit irritating that no one ever (read rarely) replies
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by dark empathy @ 07/21/14 08:07 AM

I do appreciate your thought justpaneme, and that is a very beautifully written message, however the problem is I'm getting so totally, completely and utterly bloody sodding sick! of this! of being 30 and seeing all those friends I knew when I was 19
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by justplainme @ 07/21/14 07:48 AM

Hey man if it tastes bitter maybe you need to be around more loving people. Most people will NEVER be like us. That is just a reality we all have to face, and we will NEVER be like other people. I feel what you mean , i myself can become pretty fucki
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by don64 @ 07/21/14 07:38 AM

Hi Ethereo222, I'm able to hold myself, in fact in the past 6 months I have become able to hold all of myself in love and compassion and safety, and am seeing the results in my thinking processes changing from negative to neutral to positive. It is
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by justplainme @ 07/21/14 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: dark empathyI wish I could achieve what justplaneme is talking about but for me it's impossible. Even if I imagine just holding hands with a girl, patting her on the back or giving someone a hug, it makes me feel disgusting, I h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: self-consciousness by 96789594 @ 07/21/14 06:59 AM

so - what made the difference? i didn't really work on this issue - it was a by-product of the main focus of my therapy - re-defining who i am - in light of the "big picture" of my life - and not through the lens of CSA. forgiving myself
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts yearning to hold the boy I was by ethereo222 @ 07/21/14 06:43 AM

I was reading the script of Callen Harty's play "Invisible Boy" yesterday, and the final moments of the last scene, just as the lights fade, in which the adult survivor cradles and rocks his wounded childhood self, had me sobbing. This is p
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.