Newest Members
Judd, LMG, MYTIME, Damon, aanndd
12552 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drewshere (29), ExLargeEggs (28), Qwerty (48)
Who's Online
8 registered (bluesky, Mr. Malaise, learning2remember, ArizonaOcean, Judd, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12552 Members
73 Forums
64431 Topics
450035 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Nightmare flashbacks TRIGGERS by iaccus @ 01/26/15 03:35 PM

(TRIGGERS) Last nights nightmares woke me up around 1 AM. No one around to talk to. Only flashes really. his droning voice always telling me what to do. an image of his big feet next to my tiny shorts on the floor. the look i always got when it was
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by lapchinj @ 01/26/15 03:27 PM

Hey Todd Legacy - Like my T had been telling me for a while that I should volunteer and get involved in some organization that specialize in helping abused or homeless youth. If you can't work with kids because they freak you out like they do me the
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: optical illusion by Sterling @ 01/26/15 02:34 PM

This stuff is awesome , you cool weirdo !!! hugs. Hope you and your family enjoy Paddington the Bear ,movie. Take care and love you guys. -very appreciative member. Goran
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Boston Area Group? by DiplayName @ 01/26/15 02:20 PM

Hi Bloom, The BARCC.org just had me do an intake (simple interview process in person) . They are starting a new male group in the Spring (they thing) and offer free individualized therapy (and groups are free as well). Best of luck...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by VASurvivor @ 01/26/15 01:32 PM

Advice: Get to a therapist who can help walk through those emotions. Emotions are just that - nothing more and nothing less. They CAN be contained. But you need the tools to know how to do that. Out of control emotions can wreck more than one life
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Set up for a life of Trauma uncovered by VASurvivor @ 01/26/15 01:30 PM

Just in from a T session, and wanted to share. Preface: My T is all about "Secure Attachment" therapy. I call it Nurture with Nature. Early this morning I had a very significant dream where I was in a session with my therapist. I had dro
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Logan @ 01/26/15 11:33 AM

This is probably not a new concept to many of you. It is not new for me either. For some reason however when ever I recover a memory that I had buried, I almost always experience the intense raw horrible emotions and sensations that go along with t
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by Serious Dave @ 01/26/15 11:23 AM

Dear manipulated, It's ok to be angry with God - He can take it. Remember that He still loves you, and keep talking to Him, even if you're yelling at Him. Don't ever feel that you have lost your salvation because you can't stop sinning - that's no
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by manipulated @ 01/26/15 10:11 AM

Again, Thanks for the replies. I went to church Sunday..."acting as if". It is a small country church and I have been missed I feel loved and supported by the people. but when it was time for hymn singing I couldn't bring myself to open my
Poetry
be forewarned i bite back
Poetry
Jump to new posts Arrogance by OCN @ 01/26/15 08:30 AM

And now i know that it was arrogance all the way along Making me feel weak while i actually am so strong Creating a story in which i had to deny myself It let you to rule my world, me hidden in a shelf Full of self-defeat and despair, battered up by
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by traveler @ 01/26/15 06:02 AM

Todd, Logan, and anyone else who was abused through photography: here is a thought that occurred to me that might bring a small glimmer of comfort. if images of you are found on some pedophile's computer or in their possession in another form, that
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else with CSA survivor parents? by traveler @ 01/26/15 05:40 AM

i learned only very recently - less than a year ago - that my mom was a survivor of CSA. it was her sister who told me - and it explains a lot. apparently, a neighbor man - a "pillar of the community" in an influential position, highly re
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Does This Ever Get You Annoyed? by newground @ 01/26/15 04:28 AM

I agree totally.some of my early abusers were part of a pack of females. the first time was the oldest daughter then in time to come her mother would babysit and we were left there in the belly of the beast with two others. I believe they were all mo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is "Recovery" Always the Best Way Forward? by NoSimpleMachine @ 01/26/15 03:38 AM

What you're describing as internalization I have taken to calling "habilitation" (from Ken Singer's book); the idea being: if people who are traumatized or injured as adults "rehabilitate" in order to get back to what they know i
Jump to new posts Re: Other religions than god centered. by don64 @ 01/26/15 02:29 AM

Hi Little big man, This is a spiritual forum for everyone. I am sorry you are not getting the respect and support you and everyone deserve for the right to choose what, who, and how you worship, or not. This site is not only for Christians, and is
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mourning our lost child by don64 @ 01/26/15 02:13 AM

Everything I care about filters through the lens of all my damage. I have moved out into the world of people again and am involved in choral singing, and have sung one solo. I also am putting in a lot of effort into choir building and implementing
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by Logan @ 01/26/15 02:10 AM

Todd, I feel it is some what strange that you bring up this very topic because I have been obsessing to some degree on the same exact issue. I have come to the conclusion that those pictures and videos taken of me are already out there and will rema
Poetry
I haven't forgotten MarkK ... but I still haven't come up with anything. Live in fear my pretty pea ... I'll get you ... and your little pod too. AHHHHH ha haha hahaaaaa Ok ... I'm not a witch ... but you'll wish I was when I put the bite on you ..
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Your life in Six Words by Shyshark @ 01/26/15 01:38 AM

My goodness Victor ... The middle part of that second to last one is pretty grim. I hope you don't believe that. ((((v-v)))
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Brotherly Love by Shyshark @ 01/26/15 01:31 AM

Sadly a family is not what we make of it ... it's made of that over which we have no control. In other words ... we're stuck with it. This family we choose ... and this family chooses us. In other words ... no other words are needed.
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Looking for a survivors of CSA Group NJ by bluesky @ 01/26/15 12:39 AM

Looking for a survivors of CSA group in south or central NJ. If any body has info can you let me know thanks. Bluesky
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Some times there is a happy ending. by bluesky @ 01/26/15 12:32 AM

I was very inspired by this story. It gives me hope that there are good people in this world and we need more like them. Bluesky
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Boston Area Group? by Bloom @ 01/26/15 12:11 AM

I've been seeking the same, DisplayName. Really any information about services or support available in Boston would be super helpful to me. I just moved to Boston and have been overwhelmed with where to begin to look.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mourning our lost child by gettingstronger @ 01/25/15 10:43 PM

TRIGGER WARNING. The little boy I was had Asperger's and ADD, neither of which he understood in any way, shape or form. To say he was annoying is probably understating things a bit. Also, his ADD (which was unknown back then among children) looked
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.