Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bardo, petercorbett), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Some Thrive by Still @ 10/28/14 09:34 AM

I just got an update of a girl whom had been born into a horridly abusive childhood. She's the niece of my best friend, now deceased. I'd go on into further description of her early life, but its really too much for me to handle right now. But just k
Sexual Identity Issues
All, This is a big part of the sorting out that I need to do for myself, as well. When my brother abused me at age 11, I am pretty sure that there was no "gay predisposition" in place. No history in my family (that is known), and certainly
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Sort of a "re-introduction" by KMCINVA @ 10/28/14 08:12 AM

Highflight Welcome and you have come to a place that allows you to share when you are ready, when you feel safe and comfortable. We do not judge, we understand the pain, the confusion you are experiencing. I am glad to see you have a supportive
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Sort of a "re-introduction" by Bardo @ 10/28/14 07:24 AM

You have made a major step forward highflight! It's scary, I know. Good luck with moving forward in your healing. We are all here for you as you go.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts husband saw abuser today by lostpartner32 @ 10/28/14 02:47 AM

So my husband got transferred to a new location and today was his first day at the new place. And guess who he sees? his uncle who abused him from the ages 9-13. After our marriage almost ended 3 years ago because of me being pregnant with our son tr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours by Suwanee @ 10/27/14 09:06 PM

Humor
Jump to new posts Re: lawyer jokes by Nothing Man @ 10/27/14 07:24 PM

If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine the police officer's credibility..... Q: 'Office
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: New England Seminar by Still @ 10/27/14 07:06 PM

Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Misplaced expectations? Yes. I was triggered by fhorns @ 10/27/14 05:50 PM

This isn't directly tied to SA. It's more about emotional expectaions, a real challenge for me right now. I've been in recovery circles for years. This last year I've felt and faced more than any other year. Today I'm facing a bitter root. Sadly
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts NFL players join against domestic & sexual abuse by traveler @ 10/27/14 05:07 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/2...ntcmp=obnetwork
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Sort of a "re-introduction" by traveler @ 10/27/14 05:03 PM

welcome, highflight! i read your story - and congratulate you on having the courage to post it. that is a big step - hopefully one of many that will take you far toward healing. i especially love your closing line - spoken like a true survivor! we
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts reality TV prone to pedophiles? by traveler @ 10/27/14 04:54 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...intcmp=features Unfortunately - it is not just "reality" TV that has this problem - and not just girls who are the victims.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours by newground @ 10/27/14 04:13 PM

Im glad you brought this back man. I still haven't found the courage to go find my childhood pictures.they do exist my dad has a closet full of them. I just can't handle the anxiety.I have had a very tense relationship with that inner child. I nev
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours by Chase Eric @ 10/27/14 03:33 PM

The Show Your Pets thread in Off Topic made me think of this old one, which I thought might be worth bumping. It meant a lot to me. It finally gave that little kid I was a chance to show himself without his secrets. He was scrappy, funny, sort of
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Story by Jay1159 @ 10/27/14 03:01 PM

Thank you Bardo. At 36 I should have figured out what being a man is but I find myself just starting that journey.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Sort of a "re-introduction" by highflight @ 10/27/14 02:51 PM

I've been here since May, reading all of your stories, and growing from your posts and interaction. Thank you for helping me find the courage to begin to break out of my dark shadows. MS is my place that reminds me I am not alone. I posted my story
Classifieds
Jump to new posts New England Seminar by Still @ 10/27/14 01:53 PM

Keeping Our Children Safe Workshop: Darkness To Light Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Manchester, NH Three hours 6pm to 9pm Cost $30 CEUs add $15 I'll get more info on content, but the fascilitator included such a powerful line about the goal: "
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Story by Bardo @ 10/27/14 01:32 PM

Jay, As you have figured out by now, you are not alone! So many men of courage and strength in the face of crushing pain and uncertainty, it is truly awe-inspiring. I am really sorry that you had your childhood snatched from you by a man who you trus
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to think by Jay1159 @ 10/27/14 01:25 PM

I think this is a great fist step OCN. It has to be on your own terms. It feels shaky because it is not something you are used to doing. I think it was courageous of you to write the letter in order to let him know what your thoughts are as well a
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Story by don64 @ 10/27/14 01:14 PM

Hi Jay, I completely understand the difficulties of trying to be in current time relationships with everything getting refracted through an old and damaged lens. All of my intimate relationships were very unsatisfying and unsuccessful. I've been s
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Story by Jay1159 @ 10/27/14 11:56 AM

Chase Eric, Thank you for your kind words. I just read your story and I am happy to have you here as a support. I see you as a courageous and loving soul. I am honored to know you and at the same time feel saddened by your story. No one shoul
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to think by Bardo @ 10/27/14 11:27 AM

OCN, Man, I feel for you. I am trying to figure out how to deal with my brother too. I have great respect for your desire to forgive and be forgiven. At this early stage of my recovery, I feel on growing rage against my brother for the damage he did
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts 27 years of silence ends now (**Triggers**) by highflight @ 10/27/14 11:24 AM

Wow, this got long...and still it's vague. There is a section that has triggers both start and end of that section are marked. I have been a registered member for almost 6 months now, and am finally reaching the point of feeling comfortable formal
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Story by Chase Eric @ 10/27/14 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Jay1159So I'm not sure if I should post this here or somewhere else so moderators please feel free to move it. I apologize if it's in the wrong section. Post wherever you feel comfortable. That said, many new registrants post
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Story by Jay1159 @ 10/27/14 10:55 AM

Thank you Kevin. I have also experienced the feeling of dissociating. That doesn't happen any more. I have had to work hard on that part when it comes to being intimate with someone. I happy to have found support.
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.