Newest Members
country_guy, ce, Lalinda, RichNewman, woodyamorc
12600 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Corey (44), HunterH777 (59), ohiojeff (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, Bluedogone, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12600 Members
74 Forums
64698 Topics
452138 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to rebuild from my past. by Michgem @ 02/28/15 02:50 PM

Thanks Phillip, I am working hard to use extra exercises and meditation to help me along. When I get a lot piled on that is very stressful, it seems to pull the past to the front. Today is going good actualy getting some time outside and will have
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any suggestion??? by Rich1967 @ 02/28/15 02:32 PM

I have to say this thread really interests me and I really have liked all the responses. I guess everything is a balance and motivations are always important to keep in mind for everything. My friendships before feeling confident and healthy were
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Autism / Aspergers by Becoming Other @ 02/28/15 02:28 PM

Clarification, the person I am responding to above had introduced the term 'whores". He is trying to defend the middle class. I am not going along with him. BO
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Question for Spouses/Supporters of Survivors by Mishka95673 @ 02/28/15 10:36 AM

Bob, that is wonderful news that you were able to participate by phone. His initial therapist wanted him to do EMDR and group but his current therapist said he isn't ready...my man feels as though he couldn't handle either one at this point. I agre
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and exhausted by BabyPinkSWE @ 02/28/15 09:42 AM

Bardo, I kind of have to focus on them, promised myself my kids were not going to have an emotional absent father like I did but instead have a real Dad. So yes, when i am with them I am the grown up, the responsible one, the one who takes care of t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and exhausted by Bardo @ 02/28/15 09:36 AM

Can you focus on your kids while taking care of yourself? I find that the act of caring for them and helping them get along in life helps me feel more hopeful about myself. We are on a journey, and you have walked into a dark alcove. Keep moving and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: reflections by Bardo @ 02/28/15 09:31 AM

I have nothing to add except my hard learned knowledge that no feeling, good or bad, lasts forever. You will rebound, with all of the great resources of your spirit, family and friends. I include myself in the last category. Freeman
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ? About abuse by Nothing Man @ 02/28/15 09:02 AM

Trying to live, Like everyone's, my own story is complicated as I was assaulted by multiple perps, one of whom was my mother. I was raped by a teenage male babysitter when I was about eight and then molested by my mother beginning at about age 10.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ? About abuse by motmcd @ 02/28/15 08:51 AM

Good question, Tryingtolive!! I know for myself physical pain makes me susceptible to triggers. I crashed years back during a downhill mountain bike race and fractured two vertebrae in my lower back and have had two reconstructive cervical spine su
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Your life in Six Words by traveler @ 02/28/15 08:12 AM

work in progress - not finished yet!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to rebuild from my past. by newground @ 02/28/15 07:55 AM

hey michgem These times do come and it can seem like our whole life is right back where we began. one of the things that happens over time is not so much that our thoughts change, but as we open up and find a way to normalize out situation the feelin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Funerals Put Life in Perspective by sorryson @ 02/28/15 07:41 AM

We have talked about anger in our sessions and at the PAS meetings. Anger is a terrible thing if it is not let go and managed. It turns out Mama had repressed anger and she manifested it in a passive aggressive manner. We learned Mama could not expr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and exhausted by motmcd @ 02/28/15 07:14 AM

We're all in this together, BabyPink, and felt/feel the same thing to one degree or another. Stay the course. My heart aches for you.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and exhausted by BabyPinkSWE @ 02/28/15 07:04 AM

When I did my post I wasnt expecting any feedback or anything in that way, i was blown away with the replies I got and the comments on my post etc. Each one of you has given me different insight and even though I still feel numb there's a glimmer of
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Your life in Six Words by victor-victim @ 02/28/15 06:23 AM

i never know when to quit.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ? About abuse by traveler @ 02/28/15 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: TryingtoliveWe all have symptoms of sexual abuse right ? But why do we get these symptoms at different times ? Is there a reason behind why some people experience the symptoms quicker than others That would be a great basis f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and exhausted by intochange @ 02/28/15 02:16 AM

Clean and sober 58 years old and dealing with the issues around shame. I think those issues so twisted me that I did not grow out of my state of fear, feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness. I react out of shame and it triggers unbelieveable rage
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: reflections by Shyshark @ 02/28/15 01:16 AM

(((iaccus))) I hurt so much when I see you like this. Don't do this to yourself. You have so much to be proud of ... and if for no other reason ... you have been and are a good Father ... and you have a loving wife. Don't you think she has more th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 180 by kcinohio @ 02/28/15 12:41 AM

Great reminder! thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: reflections by Bluedogone @ 02/28/15 12:22 AM

Hi Iaccus, Sorry to hear you're in such a low place right now, and I hope it is short lived. As one who is fast approaching 80 I can certainly identify very often with some of your feelings of worthlessness and being derailed from my purpose. I alwa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: reflections by finallyhere @ 02/27/15 11:09 PM

Sorry to hear you are so down. I've been through all those same feelings with the exception of the doctors but as I near retirement I see them maybe not so far off. I would guess your wife and family would disagree with you. Keep that in mind and yo
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to rebuild from my past. by Michgem @ 02/27/15 09:08 PM

Been a trying week. I am having returned problems. When I was young just after the first attack, I came down with real bad ulcer's. In the military I did not have them. I had figured my ulcers were from drinking milk. I did not drink milk after I
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Your life in Six Words by betrayed boy @ 02/27/15 09:07 PM

why has it been so hard
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts reflections by iaccus @ 02/27/15 08:47 PM

I have been thinking about how valuable or non-valuable I am in this world. The only real monetary value that I see in my life anymore is allowing my wife to collect my pension and keeping doctors in business. They've taken away my career, my sense o
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: hi guys i'm betrayed boy by Michael1965 @ 02/27/15 08:18 PM

Hey BB I like those before me, am glad that you are here. I am sorry that you endured the things that you did. I have been fortunate to count you as a friend. We are all here to support and comfort each other. I am a PM away , now that you know what
Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.