Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (woodenshoes, Jude, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446640 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW? by Nothing Man @ 11/17/14 05:06 PM

The rapist: now a successful practicing audiologist in San Francisco. The molester: now dead, and she never got to know my children, her grandchildren. She was also the non-sexual, physical mental and verbal abuser. The adult abuser: don't know, don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Power of crosSwords by Nothing Man @ 11/17/14 05:03 PM

Never once in my life did my mother, who was one of my abusers, apologize to me. Every single argument we had she somehow was able to twist into it being my fault. I do not miss her at all and had she not died, like Don I would have cut her out of
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts I know I'm not the only one... by TLR @ 11/17/14 04:28 PM

I had a moment the other day. The one you have when you feel like someone has turned up the lights in the room, the feeling of the darkness fading away...that feeling. Over the last year and a half I have lost 20 lbs. My H was so proud of me, I was
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Prayer need: I abandon by don64 @ 11/17/14 03:38 PM

Hi fhorns, Your post is very familiar for me. Sending you love and support, Don
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Prince of Tides by traveler @ 11/17/14 03:27 PM

Thank you, Eirik and Garf, for responding. i truly wish that you did not relate so personally to these passages. but is does help to know that others see the parallels. just not being alone is some comfort. Lee here are some more quotes: Rape is a
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts enemy territory - POSSIBLE TRIGGERS by traveler @ 11/17/14 02:45 PM

sorry this is so long but it really helps me to write it all out. i posted it here because of the length. i welcome comments, if you want to reply in the Male Survivors forum or by PM. Our family house was not a war zone, though there was plenty of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Power of crosSwords by victor-victim @ 11/17/14 02:05 PM

crosswords words are but air, but air is essential to those who need oxygen. words are but gas, but gas can be used in a chamber to poison. words are but wind, but wind can drive sails across oceans of time. words are but breath, but bre
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: FINALLY!!! by Obi @ 11/17/14 12:51 PM

I hope that I didn't upset anyone with my reply. Just seemed odd coming from a recruiter. Like they used to ask if a person was homosexual. Didn't want confessed homosexuals in the military. Just made me wonder if perhaps they are asking that because
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW? by lostc @ 11/17/14 12:06 PM

1st person: happy clappy religious "do-gooder", successful. about to get married. 2nd person: happy, carefree and content. in a long term relationship. me: never had a proper job, no friends or relationships at all for years, severe social
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: FINALLY!!! by Nicole @ 11/17/14 11:42 AM

Speaking from a mothers point of view, I agree that getting the questions asked is a huge step. All these years, no one ever asked my boys if anyone had hurt them. Maybe if these questions become routine, from the start, one day a little boy will an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Power of Words by KMCINVA @ 11/17/14 08:32 AM

P thank you for bringing this topic up. Words can be powerful especially if used over and over. As many of us know from our abusers, we would here words that controlled us or made us feel special or fearful. I know I have said words I regret and mos
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW? by victor-victim @ 11/17/14 07:24 AM

1) the seductress: dead from heroin overdose. 2) the rapist: died of cancer in jail. 3) the molestor: missing person. the rest don't matter and have been forgotten. i won't even bother mentioning the nonsexual abusers in my childhood. fa
Jump to new posts Re: Prayer need: I abandon by victor-victim @ 11/17/14 06:04 AM

i prayed for you. fhorns. none of us can do this alone. where two or more are gathered in His name...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Stop the world I want to think by tbkkfile @ 11/17/14 05:11 AM

Looking back at my life, I'd never really been here during it, I'd existed day to day, I wasn't the person I wanted to be or thought that I'd be when I was young. 56 never had a career, drifted from job to job, most of the time spent inside this wall
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by concerned_husky @ 11/17/14 03:27 AM

Working on it (as you know Sven).
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by concerned_husky @ 11/17/14 03:26 AM

Working on it (as you know Sven).
Jump to new posts Re: The vicious cycle of failing to embrace the truth by victor-victim @ 11/17/14 03:13 AM

information is not knowledge. knowledge is not wisdom. wisdom is not truth. truth is not beauty. only jesus can save me. the truth shall set me free. he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow. jesus is the same; yesterday, today and tomo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being tied up (May be triggering* by kcinohio @ 11/16/14 11:54 PM

I don't know the context of how the subject was broached in your therapy session. So, I don't feel I know enough to make any assessment of the therapist's idea presentation. The incidents mentioned felt more about humiliation, abuse not needing to b
Jump to new posts mini prayers for minor delays on busy days by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 09:43 PM

when i am waiting in a line or traffic jam or stop sign or on telephone hold or transit transfer or experiencing any one of the many millions of minor delays that daily frustrate, irritate, agitate or aggravate... i seize the moment to savour t
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by Sven @ 11/16/14 09:22 PM

Yup, we're waiting !
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: feel like crap-3 days in bed by Bardo @ 11/16/14 08:33 PM

V-V, It is ironic, how we can be surrounded by people and yet totally alone. I spent so many years growing up with groups of people, yet feeling utterly alone and isolated. Just now beginning to understand the extent of that loneliness and its enormo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Repressed or Recovered Memories by Bardo @ 11/16/14 08:30 PM

Sixtieskid, I am early in my journey. I have certain memories that are clear, and then these large black holes that I cannot access. I don't know if they contain more horrors than those that I remember, or simply childhood stuff that has not survived
Poetry
Jump to new posts to what end? by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 08:17 PM

when worlds collide and coincide, you cannot hide. you must decide to either ride, or step aside. "It's suicide or homicide!" the trickster lied. from deicide to deified, the great divide is vast and wide. you truly tried to stride
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being tied up (May be triggering* by TW16 @ 11/16/14 08:01 PM

I don't know what my therapist was thinking when she told me this. As I stated, this is the first time that I really mentioned this to anyone, and also I think that deep down inside somewhere, there may be a part of me that likes to be restrained as
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: super fish hell (shallowater) by victor-victim @ 11/16/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: ShysharkHemzziorfnagdni1047624395089j;kluotyhryerqwqx eh? you ok, skyshark?
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.