Newest Members
Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless, Rail-Fan-79, cowboysfan#1
12595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bklyngirl (34), ccbc (46), duckmanfat (41), firedog (39), Lansner (49), Peter 1950 (65), Sunshine1 (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Taylor238, susie, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12595 Members
74 Forums
64670 Topics
451948 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Robert Frost - Fire and Ice by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 02:11 AM

Fire and Ice Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And wou
Poetry
Jump to new posts The Flaming Heart - Richard Crashaw by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 02:06 AM

O HEART! The equal poise of love's both parts Big alike with wounds and darts. Live in these conquering leaves; live all the same; And walk through all tongues one triumphant FLAME Live here, great HEART; and love and die and kill; And bleed and
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: . by victor-victim @ 02/25/15 12:47 AM

Introductions
Jump to new posts Hello MS, I'm back by sportinrucks @ 02/25/15 12:27 AM

Hey his is sportinrucks a/k/a Alex. I was on malesurvivor.org years back. I've grown abit since then and finally found a ''csa/s__ abuse'' support group. I've got a long road ahead of me but I'm also here to support. Thanks my people!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Caring for yourself / Caring for him by Mishka95673 @ 02/24/15 11:11 PM

There you go again, Bob...showing your awesomeness! Great input
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Question for Spouses/Supporters of Survivors by Mishka95673 @ 02/24/15 11:05 PM

Hi Bob, Glad you weren't offended by my attitude and I sure hope no one else is either. My attitude comes from the following: 1) despite whatever traumas we have been through (I'm a survivor too), we are always individually accountable for our own ac
Jump to new posts Re: . by FormerTexan @ 02/24/15 10:53 PM

$
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Question for Spouses/Supporters of Survivors by WontGiveUp @ 02/24/15 09:41 PM

Bob - I cant thank you enough for your candid replies to all of my questions - so I hope that I can do justice to your question. ;-) Granted - you answered it already, and Esposa and Mishka have also answered so well. :-) But yes, if your wife is s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 1 in 6 boys ... by Publius @ 02/24/15 09:25 PM

The most conservative numbers I've seen are 1 in 20 boys along with 1 in 5 girls. Back in the fifties it was something like 1 in 1,000,000 so either things have taken a considerable turn for the worse or survivors started finding their voice : P
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by Publius @ 02/24/15 08:03 PM

At some point, I feel like I have to though. Nah, you don't have to do anything. When I read your story I saw a girl who was being sexually tortured herself, was angry about it, and took it out on an innocent boy. But that doesn't diminish yo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Karl Jung and My Shadow by don64 @ 02/24/15 07:17 PM

A Jungian book "Owning Your Own Shadow" has had a powerful and positive effect on my life. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by Bluedogone @ 02/24/15 07:01 PM

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. And mine (opinion that is) is just that - An Opinion I think this is an excellent choice Quote: What I do know for sure is that I'm not calling her tomorrow or probably even this week. I need some time
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: New Ontario Sex Education Fails by bey @ 02/24/15 05:37 PM

still, what would you say the "grooming through perceived normalization" is? thinking back to my sex ed days in school it was mostly like "don't go in the car with the guy with candy""don't let the babysitter give you a bath
Humor
Jump to new posts Super Golden Friends by Obi @ 02/24/15 05:34 PM

for those that have seen the show, The Golden Girls. have a good laugh with this one...
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by Bluedogone @ 02/24/15 05:10 PM

First blond girl: There's nothing better than taking a warm bath in milk. Second blond girl: Pasteurize ? FBG: No, just up to my boobs.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by traveler @ 02/24/15 04:04 PM

Ken - though i respect Eirik's take on this situation, i am more with Rich on my response. i can't imagine ever voluntarily meeting with any of the abusers from my past. it is one of my biggest nightmares. the only way i would even consider it would
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pathologize behavior by victor-victim @ 02/24/15 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Robert1000 If my wife sees something I'm doing as a problem then by definition it's a problem. I just don't want to be in the situation where everything I do is seen through the lens of pathology, like everything that's not aw
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by Rich1967 @ 02/24/15 03:10 PM

Wow Ken that does NOT sound like an easy thing to be faced with. The only positive that I can come up with is that stressful situations like this usually have the potential for something positive to come out of it - no pain, no gain. Growth and rec
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: New Ontario Sex Education Fails by Still @ 02/24/15 03:08 PM

Zip14, Only cuz you asked, I'll be very frank: This is phenomenally f*cked-up on a nuclear scale! If they are not preaching safety from predators of ALL types, they are wrong! If I'm getting the tone and theme correctly from your description, th
Jump to new posts Re: . by Still @ 02/24/15 02:57 PM

I knew you'd say that!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pathologize behavior by KMCINVA @ 02/24/15 02:57 PM

Robert1000 I found your response interesting. I have learned on this journey, everyone has a few dysfunctions/co-dependencies/etc and no one escapes them despite their denial. It is how they respond to them. I have found those who recognize and c
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 02/24/15 02:56 PM

don't leave me! don't leave me. daddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd " it iwas 1985 and they put nailpolish on me and dressed me as a girl. "look at me daddy". I saw his face....I will never forget. I felt so gross , I felt I had t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Karl Jung and My Shadow by Still @ 02/24/15 02:56 PM

Maybe I'll never stop looking for the source and explanation of the evil that was in those four older boys. The more I discover about brain theory and the human condition, the more I find continued and stronger forgiveness. And I find the human to
Jump to new posts My Shadow by Still @ 02/24/15 02:47 PM

"Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is. It may be (in part) one's link to more primitive animal instincts, which are superseded during early childhood by the consc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "The Body Keeps the Score" by Rich1967 @ 02/24/15 02:28 PM

The video takingitslow posted was amazing...almost done. Too bad work gets in the way or I'd be done by now. I determined that being triggered was somehow putting me back in states related to my abuse a while back but this really makes it clearer.
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.