Newest Members
Struggling2, c Hughes, Syringa Vulgaris, dmoss2004864, loomsday
12671 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dixiepoodle (70), eric (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (Dolphinboy, Greg56, 4 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12671 Members
75 Forums
65087 Topics
455239 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by Serious Dave @ 04/23/15 02:10 PM

Dan, How wonderful! Justice and validation for you! I hope this brings you peace and some closure. Love, Dave
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello All by Serious Dave @ 04/23/15 02:05 PM

Goodkiwi, After what I've been through, I don't believe there are any random experiences in my life. Looking back, I have been given exactly what I've needed exactly when I needed it. That's been true even if what I've needed was a good beating, l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hi Guys by pattom @ 04/23/15 02:05 PM

cant... im glad you are here. im here too. you know what? we arent alone. peace brother pat
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Long Overdue Apology by Magellan @ 04/23/15 12:42 PM

Wow. That's really unbelievable that a real bonafide survivor could behave that way. If that truly were the case, I'd just dismiss them as unworthy. Who cares if they were on national TV and sat in the same space as Oprah? Anyone who displays any
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Long Overdue Apology by Obi @ 04/23/15 12:25 PM

magellan, many things had been said and done that were truly awful by many of the "200 men". back before the show even aired, here on ms, there were several threads, that have been deleted, where a few of them have said that they were the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts A strange and welcome Peace by Magellan @ 04/23/15 12:12 PM

I'm not exactly sure why or how, but this past week, since a student showed their ugly and true colors to me, I've felt a sense of peace about myself. Who I am, how I present myself to the world, and the power I have to affect change. I work in a U
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Long Overdue Apology by Magellan @ 04/23/15 12:01 PM

I guess I missed the big bruhaha. I saw the Oprah show, but I didn't encounter any "elitism" among those who were on it. It actually sounds bizarre that survivors would consider themselves elite for simply sitting in Oprah's audience.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by motmcd @ 04/23/15 09:56 AM

Good work, brave man. Thank your for your courage to hold your abuser accountable. You inspire me.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by Scott1962 @ 04/23/15 09:56 AM

Congratulations Dan!
Male Survivors
Congratulations to you! You are a genuine hero!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Great Message by Still @ 04/23/15 09:54 AM

Yeah Victor, I too have been witness to the rotten under-belly of 'that' industry. When my sister was alive, i was willingly entrenched in the back-stage of performing arts, fashion-photography, rock-band photography, commercial screen, etc. When I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by KMCINVA @ 04/23/15 09:39 AM

Dan Wonderful news. I hope it brings you relief and peace. I am happy the system worked for you! Kevin
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: fishing for feedback by GoodKiwi @ 04/23/15 09:18 AM

Victor I have a little file on the desktop where I paste quotes from MS which help move me forward. You wrote many of them. This one was about someone else but it really hit the mark. family blood. family ties. family secrets. family lies. So
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Input requested - survivor curious sex with men by Mishka95673 @ 04/23/15 08:25 AM

Hi TXB, Thanks much for weighing in - it's never too late for knowledge. I'm only interested in monogamy and if he is unable to provide me with that, I won't be with him. He has had issues in the past...being on dating sites or hook up sites when we
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by highflight @ 04/23/15 07:44 AM

Congratulations, Dan! I know it has been hell waiting for so long, but justice was finally served. Now hopefully you can continue focusing on healing...you deserve it.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by petercorbett @ 04/23/15 07:42 AM

My fraternal Canadian brother, Don't go hating yourself. Young Goran isn't to blame for those unspeakable things done to him. He did what he needed to survive things being done to him that he couldn't comprehend, understsnd or have any control over.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello All by GoodKiwi @ 04/23/15 05:31 AM

No worries Dave, Iím glad you pulled through. Itís the strangest thing but like you say, it can be a blessing. I wonder sometimes if we arenít Ďsentí it to helps us learn certain lessons. ďAt the time, though, it was great to be taken care of by t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by GoodKiwi @ 04/23/15 04:15 AM

What an achievement Dan! Great news. I can't imagine that was easy. Very glad the courts took it seriously.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: fishing for feedback by victor-victim @ 04/23/15 02:48 AM

i fear and i crave human contact and intimacy. acceptance, attention, approval, security. to seek validation creates vulnerability. i wish i could say i don't care what you think of me, but sometimes i like to hear something from somebody. you c
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Great Message by victor-victim @ 04/23/15 02:34 AM

god's test will become your testimony. you're going to grow through what you continue to go through. good speech. i hope he continues to keep his faith and soul intact as the future unfolds. i have spent most of my life in the entertainment ind
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts intimacy=into me see by victor-victim @ 04/23/15 01:47 AM

i fear as much as i crave human contact and intimacy. acceptance, attention, approval, validation, security. my need to be nurtured creates vulnerability. 'protect yourself at all times' is the lesson i learned. as a victim of crimes, i've alre
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Just a journal type post to express some thoughts by focusedbody @ 04/22/15 10:30 PM

Lostc: Many of the explorations we make in therapy and recovery come up empty-handed. I empathize with your frustration and anger. Nonetheless, taking such steps has been strengthening for me. This is because the need to remain isolated and withd
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Great Message by Still @ 04/22/15 10:03 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering the forgotten - Triggers by KMCINVA @ 04/22/15 09:47 PM

Dave I relate so well to what you wrote. Memories are there and always will be there. I have returned from two days of mock trial (or should I say a dry run of what could come if we move forward) for a possible meeting with the church. I have belie
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: in the mirror by tguy @ 04/22/15 09:41 PM

ddude ur welcome n nice poem for real
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.