Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cthulhu, CafeMan, pufferfish, gettingstronger, 1 invisible), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441307 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Escape #2: An Update by concerned_husky @ 07/07/14 12:46 PM

Thanks for the support, guys. Really. It isn't and hasn't been easy. I sign the contract on Wednesday, but I've still had episodes of doubts, followed by more and more reminders that my mother is simply beyond crazy and cutting my family out of my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A question re: therapists reporting to police by WriterKeith @ 07/07/14 12:43 PM

Thanks guys, The back story is complex, so my effort to keep my replies concise may be confusing. I don't have any feelings either way about this predator, other than pity. I am aware of the many stories of his father who was also twisted. My fat
Family and Friends
Honestly, it all blew over very quickly. The addict is still an addict and has gone off on their merry way and H has seen no ill consequences. I guess stupidity will always be in our lives but not necessarily as the ruling party. I have to edit t
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Parental Death and the CSA child by sugarbaby @ 07/07/14 12:27 PM

H has been upset lately about his father's declining health. He was talking about how he feels bad that he acted up so much as a teen because of his CSA. Unknown to his parents (at the time) he blamed them and took his feeling about the abuse out on
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Things boys discover by Obi @ 07/07/14 12:16 PM

929 seeing a puddle and having to jump in it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: boundaries by Obi @ 07/07/14 12:11 PM

That is what I am concerned about, lee. That they would come back at me like I'm hurting them and being totally insensitive and selfish towards them. Thus placing more guilt and shame on me.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: pain does strange things to people by sugarbaby @ 07/07/14 12:05 PM

Everyone's journey is a different length. That is what it boils down to. You will find your way. I have two rules regarding alcohol(but these came only after emotional and financial devastation): 1. - H drinks again and we are done. 2. - Wherever
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: boundaries by traveler @ 07/07/14 11:50 AM

i think it is a form of narcissism or extreme ego-centrism that they just cannot conceive of anything being serious if it does not affect THEM. it is a total lack of empathy - a character flaw. and most likely you will have to be downright rude to co
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts boundaries by Obi @ 07/07/14 11:34 AM

what is it with some people being insistent on crossing a boundary that you have put up? disrespecting your wishes, ignoring it and so on.?.?.? now, i understand that there are times when people will cross the boundary accidentally from not knowing
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: my small intro by Obi @ 07/07/14 11:15 AM

welcome to ms... i wish you all the best in your journey of recovery.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A question re: therapists reporting to police by Chase Eric @ 07/07/14 10:42 AM

What an bizarre twist to everything we have been taught - respect your elders. In this case, it's the opposite - respect the children. I applaud what you are doing. It cannot be easy at all. You can be a hero to those kids. But despite everythin
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: my small intro by peroperic2009 @ 07/07/14 09:51 AM

Welcome to Male survivor! This is good place for finding additional support - at least such was my personal experience. Please look for yourself and always try to follow site's guidelines, there are specific reasons why some rules are put in place.
Male Survivors
I'm not suggesting at all, you turn your head. I was suggesting, maybe, if your able too....this would be a good time for YOU to report the actions. Only if its right for you and your recovery....but this could be a healing step. Protecting othe
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I finally told my wife by WriterKeith @ 07/07/14 03:11 AM

Keep us posted? Maybe one of us may have the right word at the right time for you, and your thoughts noted here will undoubtedly help another survivor going through the same as you.
Humor
Jump to new posts laugh at this one nothing of the sort happened by Tim07 @ 07/07/14 02:38 AM

Rocks are solid beebees are round what hurts the most is a breaking these bones Here we go all over again to the er here it goes These dang beebees hurt welting the skin finding it funny laughing till it ends These beebees hurt hurt like heck bu
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A question re: therapists reporting to police by WriterKeith @ 07/07/14 02:36 AM

No,he has no criminal record. I plan to report him to the therapist because I just learned he has access to children. The therapist asked me to report this if ever I have knowledge of it. The guardians of the children sit them on his lap and leave th
Poetry
Jump to new posts are these voices real by Tim07 @ 07/07/14 01:57 AM

Voice voice everyday Degrading demeniring is all I hear Put downs let downs your never good enough Painful memories being put down escalation in my mind Voices trying to destroy me fighting them as best I can My strength my strength is all I got
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Grueling tourture. (Trigger Warning) by Bluedogone @ 07/07/14 12:18 AM

Hi Cloudy Falls, Your post is just heart breaking and frustrating, knowing that the only thing I (and probably anyone on the MS board) can offer is words. But hearing the wrong words and believing some of the wrong words has brought you to this lowe
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: in my fathers eyse by traveler @ 07/07/14 12:02 AM

oh, yes, Tim - what you describe is so familiar to me. i know how much it hurts - and how it sets you up for further abuse at others' hands. i hope getting it off your chest has helped. and i hope it helps to have someone say - "i get it!"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Escape #2: An Update by bluesky @ 07/06/14 11:59 PM

You are right it does get better because you are making it so. You are strong you have the will to make it the way you want to. Good for you. ((((( Husky)))))
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: married life t w by royjay @ 07/06/14 11:44 PM

Try to talk to her Tim! But hang in their it will get better. You are in the right place.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts after posting my story by Bluedogone @ 07/06/14 11:32 PM

Hi SNL, Someone said (I think it was a member of MS), "the truth will set you free, but first, it'll probably piss you off." I think for so long the only thing my own truth did was just piss me off. But somewhere along the way I graduall
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Meditation by don64 @ 07/06/14 09:12 PM

Hi Magellan, Thanks! I needed that. and was amazed when visualizing the exercise with someone I have difficulty with. The person I imaged suddenly morphed into someone else I had great difficulty with and then worked its way back to my abusers. W
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: police report! by bluesky @ 07/06/14 08:49 PM

Good for you I hope you get what you are looking for I wish I could but to many years have gone by and some of the MFs are dead.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts after posting my story by don64 @ 07/06/14 08:25 PM

For me, all the things you are describing are beliefs I was taught by my abusers, AND beliefs I was culturally indoctrinated with. None of them are true for me. However, it does take a lot of energy for me to break through all those taboos. And, I
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.