Newest Members
scorpus, anitab, NEGuy, Adaylight, lookingforhealin
12698 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mitzi (43)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12698 Members
75 Forums
65296 Topics
456617 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A terrible clarity of vision... by Chase Eric @ 05/21/15 01:01 PM

Hello, Winhamness: I don't know if this will help, but I figure it won't litter the thread too bad to at least share it. You mention the poisoning of your interactions, and difficulty connecting with others. That was a situation with me as well.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts The Mirror by Obi @ 05/21/15 11:59 AM

Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Describe yourself in identification rhyme by tbkkfile @ 05/21/15 11:56 AM

My name harks back to Saxon times A land ruled by King Canute Where I go I do not know But the stars will guide my route
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting the abuser by Bluedogone @ 05/21/15 11:37 AM

Kevin, A phrase in your response struck a chord with me. "I don't know if I have that survivor's courage." I've very often wondered that same thing. I know only my cousin and another guy are still alive, the others I don't know (or Care)
U.S. & World News
Hi Still Greetings from the UK standing on the tip of a very large iceberg.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A terrible clarity of vision... by tbkkfile @ 05/21/15 11:23 AM

That sure hits home to me, it wasn't until I could be honest with myself that I was able to start this journey. Thank you David
U.S. & World News
Over 1,400 suspects investigated in UK historical sex abuse inquiry Published time: May 20, 2015 12:11 Edited time: May 21, 2015 09:05 Over 1400 individuals are under investigation by British police as part of an inquiry into a historic VIP sex abu
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: When gay partners aren't on the same page by don64 @ 05/21/15 11:09 AM

You are in my thoughts. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A terrible clarity of vision... by don64 @ 05/21/15 10:58 AM

I'm right there with you. I'm very clear at this point that I do create it all. At times I get disappointed, sometimes very disappointed. But, the upside of me creating it all is I have the ability to learn. I do continue to gain more skills, and
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? by Winhamness @ 05/21/15 10:51 AM

I'd be curious to find something like this as well.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts A terrible clarity of vision... by Winhamness @ 05/21/15 10:36 AM

I'm working with a new therapist. I don't "like" him, but I do trust him and am very optimistic that he can be very helpful in my healing process. I had a tough session a week or so ago. He was able to effectively explain to me how my ow
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Keeps me alive by Still @ 05/21/15 10:32 AM

Thanks for the input nltsaves. Yes, I am aware of the lack of scriptural rule on suicide, but I see it as a final sin that cannot be brought to to Him for forgiveness in conscious thought and heart...so I elect not to do it. Even when the pain is
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: My oped in reply to Louis CK monologue by Still @ 05/21/15 10:00 AM

The comments to the Chris Anderson piece are indicative of what I and many have been saying for years here. Give them a read, and see where YOU, the survivor, stand in this civilization. I tried to post this (VERBATIM), on the Goodmen Project site,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mother's Day was a problem by petercorbett @ 05/21/15 09:56 AM

Greetings from Germany. Like my fraternal brothers here mothers day has always been a huge problem for me too. She was my first sexual abuser, i wasn't wanted by her and suffered all the emotional, mental & physical abuse that went with it. I h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trust and Self Advocacy by Bluedogone @ 05/21/15 09:06 AM

Thanks 1islandboy, Some great points to consider. It's a fine line to balance the idea that's it me against the world, trusting no one, versus sort of a blind trusting of everyone. I agree, you're your own best advocate, but it seems like there a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What my psychologist told me by Bluedogone @ 05/21/15 08:26 AM

I'd like to second Bluesky's question. How are things working out with your T. Any enlightenment on why such a stupid insensitive comment?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What my psychologist told me by bluesky @ 05/21/15 08:06 AM

Hi just wondering how your doing and how are thing working out with your T.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by bluesky @ 05/21/15 07:55 AM

(((((Kevin))))) I am having a hard time writing this I am sitting here crying. It's so painful to hear how people treat others especially when someone was or is down. How they enjoy the suffering of others so sad. I am sorry you are going through thi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Trust and Self Advocacy by GoodKiwi @ 05/21/15 06:33 AM

Thank you gentle soul. Your post echoes nicely one of the truths Iím just beginning to confront. When my abuse happened I was entirely dependent on my parents and ever since Iíve been looking to them for a magical solution that would make me normal a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ 05/21/15 06:12 AM

Kevin Please let us know how you are doing, three words, I am good I am well or some sign. I am thinking of you. Last night I remember we would harass Dad on his answering machine. He finally took it out. I called Dad's wife, she is wonderful and ex
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Trust and Self Advocacy by 1islandboy @ 05/21/15 05:34 AM

When we are born, children depend on adults to take care of them. This is why, often in legal proceedings juveniles are also known as dependents. This starts all the way back to when I was feeding from my mothers breast, I learned to trust. As we
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confronting the abuser by GoodKiwi @ 05/21/15 05:03 AM

Scary as hell seeing the abuser close-up. The gas lighting was unbelievable. They should script that and distribute it as an example of what to expect from an unrepentant abuser. Plaudits to the guy who confronted him.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by GoodKiwi @ 05/21/15 04:57 AM

Kevin, the lack of sensitivity in the way people are treating you too is astounding. It spins my head no end how people can be so uncaring when it comes to CSA. I get how people might feel awkward talking about something they donít understand but no
Poetry
Jump to new posts Because of you by zip14 @ 05/21/15 04:38 AM

because of you i cannot sleep for that's when you came to kill my dreams so i sit alone in the dark hoping the sound of my keyboard pounds in your head
Health and Wellbeing
It's 4am and another night of tossing. I normally get by with Melatonin but that isn't working at this point. Like you, the past year has seen me addressing abuse from way back. I am at the point where I have to sleep for a few hours during the day t
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.