Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (JScott12, gatoonfanatic, BobdaFarmer61, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64202 Topics
448032 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 12/25/14 07:02 PM

Locksmith: "Hardest Song Ever" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOfJsLkUcPw "Hardest song Ever" Father worked nights, mother all day There were no gripes, we would all pray We were close knit, it was so strict Well, in most folks,
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: PANTHER by victor-victim @ 12/25/14 06:29 PM

such a powerful image. the black panther. many times i have identified with the power and pride of the big black cat.
You are kind, Victor (not victim), Crane tells the story of young Henry (called throughout "the youth) in the boy's own voice, as he leaves his mother to join " the regiment" and marches off to the Civil War. At the youth's first tast
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Innocence by victor-victim @ 12/25/14 05:30 PM

innocence. i never knew. innocence. i can't remember. innocence. lost and stolen. innocence. gone forever. thank you, Stretch73. a very heavy sentiment.
Jump to new posts Re: Red Badge of Courage this Christmas or holiday by victor-victim @ 12/25/14 05:09 PM

good insights, GT13568. thank you for your cheer. much needed at this time of year. during dark days of winter solstice, there is a gloomy atmosphere. back when i had disposable income, i could afford to disappear. "red badge of courage
Jump to new posts Red Badge of Courage this Christmas or holiday by GT13568 @ 12/25/14 04:29 PM

I just finished Stephen Crane's great novel, reading it for this first time. I think it saved me, here in this place, away from my family, by choice and by need, away from cheerful crowds, who so frighten me, and away from my friends. Because of my
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: pushing the limits by victor-victim @ 12/25/14 03:47 PM

this is gold. i love the free style. the flow. unhindered. floating down a stream of consciousness. a sense of serenity, frustration and futility. that feeling of alienation and inferiority. outside looking in. uninvited. alone. excluded
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Sounds of Sorrow by victor-victim @ 12/25/14 03:15 PM

sad. bitter melancholy. good mourning. healing wounds. thanks for sharing your sorrow. hope you are feeling better.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts I made a mistake tonight. by susie @ 12/25/14 03:10 PM

My husband and I are separated from the beginning of the year. We separated because of my unfulfilled need for intimacy, his acting out, control issues and numbing his pain with alcohol. He disclosed some of his CSA just before we split up. It wasn't
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: help for male rape in Army system by iaccus @ 12/25/14 02:18 PM

i agree with what he said, talk to your chaplain and see what he says. They are often the first line in the chain.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite Toys - good childhood memories by traveler @ 12/25/14 02:15 PM

Time to bump this thread again! today, out of the blue, i remembered one of my favorite toys from way back when. i must have gotten him for Christmas when i was about 10 or 11: i had a great time with this little guy. he was a good friend. any
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Not Good Enough by iaccus @ 12/25/14 02:05 PM

Keep fighting the good fight!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Long Week Ahead... by iaccus @ 12/25/14 01:52 PM

Husky, its Christmas and i was thinking about you. Hope your dealing ok! if not, or if you want to vent, im in the chat or shoot me an email, have a good day!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Not Good Enough by Johann @ 12/25/14 12:46 PM

In dealing with my counsellor I have realized how much of my experiences of abuse was unsurfaced. The road ahead is not easy, I try and concentrate on all the positive things I have done and that helps me to cope. My wife is a tower of strength to m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Groomed by my French Teacher and Clueless by Nothing Man @ 12/25/14 12:12 PM

I really think that forgiveness has a lot to do with healing. Not only forgiving our perps -- and I say forgive, but not forget -- but ourselves leads us to a better place mentally, physically and spiritually. To post your story took a lot of coura
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bunny wabbit. by bluesky @ 12/25/14 12:05 PM

LOL thanks.
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by woodenshoes @ 12/25/14 10:40 AM

Logan You have endured a lot. I'm glad you are able to get the poison out. I too have been diagnosed with ptsd and panic attacks. Take care of yourself and post when you are strong enough. Ws
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hanukkah/Christmas greetings. by Nothing Man @ 12/25/14 10:32 AM

I hope everyone enjoys this holiday in whichever way is meaningful to you. I especially wish that 2015 brings healing and comfort to us all.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by Nothing Man @ 12/25/14 10:30 AM

You are welcome here, and here you will find healing and understanding. Just knowing that others here have also walked in your shoes, and the realization that you are not alone, should be comforting. It certainly was for me. You can share you stor
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Merry Christmas To ALL by blacken @ 12/25/14 10:18 AM

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Hoping that any and all pain surrounding the Holidays, will one day be healed, so you can enjoy Christmas and all holidays, with an open heart.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers by BuffaloCO @ 12/25/14 09:59 AM

I don't know what this new year brings, but God does. Four years ago my life was totally broken, I felt like I was nothing more than a left over shell of some used up kid. Then I found out I was not rejected by God, and that opened a door to freedo
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by bluesky @ 12/25/14 09:55 AM

This song was played at the Alta retreat this fall. It reminds me of how I want to be in this moment. If I breathe I am here if I breathe I am alive.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: my introduction by kcinohio @ 12/25/14 09:51 AM

Jscott12, thank you for your intro. Hope you find MS to be a source of healing and support.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hanukkah/Christmas greetings. by Obi @ 12/25/14 08:58 AM

Merry Christmas.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hanukkah/Christmas greetings. by newground @ 12/25/14 08:50 AM

when I came here to MS three years ago now, I could NEVER have imagined the you all would have on my life! I felt Sure that I was loosing my mind.all the NOISE in my head, the anger, feeling HIM trying to take over. the first night I arrived I fo
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.