Newest Members
NeverAgainSB, It Just Is, HealingHope, StormyWeather, Clark Anthony
12803 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (56), bubblytam (57), crazydragon (40), JGag78 (37), kris82 (33), Shin (29)
Who's Online
5 registered (betrayed boy, 4 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12803 Members
75 Forums
66040 Topics
461703 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: god------trigger by Abir @ 08/25/15 04:27 PM

First let me say that yes God gives us life but he does not control our feelings, our actions, our attractions, in short he does not control us. We are all born with free will and we are also born in bondage to Original Sin. From the moment we enter
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reaching Out by DavidM-LT @ 08/25/15 03:30 PM

Hi Michael! There's not really anything that I can add. I totally agree with what's already been said. You're not alone at all. And just listening, and having the feeling that you've been heard, it does amazing things. In fact, I can tell you that
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Body stuff by gaatt @ 08/25/15 02:35 PM

Thanks Winhamness, That's a definition I can work with. I grew up with so many impositions on my will that "functionality" can often seem like just one more way I'm told to fit in, when I don't, can't and am not really interested anyways.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reaching Out by Robert1000 @ 08/25/15 02:28 PM

You're not alone. People do care. And the fact of your post makes me think you know it... but you need to hear it again. We're here. I'm here. We're part of the same community, and we're supporting each other. Keep trying, brother. It will get better
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reaching Out by Tryingtolive @ 08/25/15 12:49 PM

I feel the same way ... i had a post very similar to this a while ago
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Winhamness introduction - massive vent by KMCINVA @ 08/25/15 12:47 PM

Vent all you want--it is good for the soul. Healing is like you say a roller coaster of highs and lows. I am sorry you are having a difficult time. You are not alone, we are here for you and we support you. You have more control over your life tha
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I own a Canadian? by bey @ 08/25/15 12:42 PM

As a Canadian, I accept this offer.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Winhamness introduction - massive vent by Winhamness @ 08/25/15 12:34 PM

I've been having a tough 24 hours and really just wanted to vent a little and this seems to be my best outlet. I feel like I am on such a rollercoaster. Over the weekend I felt real good. Monday and Tuesday have been so hard. I feel like I have n
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reaching Out by KMCINVA @ 08/25/15 12:17 PM

Totally agree. My friend is excellent at looking intently, letting you know she is listening and not judging. I know I am being heard. People,some with good intentions, have this need to respond when someone is trying to talk about a difficult situat
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Body stuff by Winhamness @ 08/25/15 12:13 PM

I think for me functional means having my behaviors shaped by the goal of being the person I want to be. In your terms, that means behavior that aligns with my primary life direction. For example, I am passing my hurts through parenting and creatin
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: first post by Sven @ 08/25/15 12:13 PM

Hi Alyosha, I noticed you deleted your posts. I hope you are doing ok. Take care.. Sven
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reaching Out by Terry1992 @ 08/25/15 11:48 AM

Michael Listening is a form of helping. I know at times I just want to be heard. I hear you.. I hope you find what you are looking for. I am still searching myself as I believe most are.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I own a Canadian? by Sven @ 08/25/15 11:45 AM

ok 4 carrots. bringing anyone along>?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I own a Canadian? by Judd @ 08/25/15 11:41 AM

Hey! Could get at least 4 for me.....if I were Canadian
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reaching Out by bey @ 08/25/15 11:37 AM

What would you like people to do? What actions would show you that people care?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reaching Out by iaccus @ 08/25/15 11:37 AM

We care about you michael and your family cares about you. Make the effort to reach out, people do care!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Reaching Out by Michael1965 @ 08/25/15 11:06 AM

I am so often reminded why i never reach out to others for help. You finally break down and ask for help and you get silence or that look of not understanding. You have made yourself completely vulnerable for no reason! People completely suck. The
Male Survivors
never thought about it like that Chase. Totally agree
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living the Lie in 12 step meetings by Sven @ 08/25/15 10:43 AM

I've heard good things about http://www.smartrecovery.org/community SMART Recovery - Self Management for Addiction Recovery "Discover the Power of Choice!" SMART Recovery is the leading self-empowering addiction recovery support group. Ou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts delete this by Terry1992 @ 08/25/15 09:05 AM

Terry
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Never Judge Until You Walk in Another's Shoes by KMCINVA @ 08/25/15 08:58 AM

It is sad enough suicides are being attributed to the disclosure of the list. I was aware single and divorcing straight men and women had registered but I was not aware of what Chase Eric posted. No one should be persecuted, ostracized or executed f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Never Judge Until You Walk in Another's Shoes by Chase Eric @ 08/25/15 08:38 AM

Apparently, the site was not just used by adulterers. Many single gay and lesbian people in less tolerant countries have used the site as well in an effort to avoid detection by their governments. To them, the Ashley Madison data breach could well
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I own a Canadian? by Sven @ 08/25/15 08:26 AM

I'm offering 3 carrots for Judd.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Never Judge Until You Walk in Another's Shoes by Terry1992 @ 08/25/15 08:17 AM

Being judged is something I understand real well. Living the life I lived being judged was all to common. I set myself up for that by my exterior and lifestyle. I understand today people judge me by their own fears and past. I sympathize with this p
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: I am tired. by Sven @ 08/25/15 07:45 AM

Sorry to hear that Simba... You can always talk to me about anything. Even if i might not have a miracle cure i can listen
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.