Newest Members
justme123, JaySzee, Paz, COLLINS AKINSE, Searching13
12967 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beemer (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (takingitslow, 1 invisible), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12967 Members
75 Forums
67217 Topics
469300 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another meltdown in church by abused9 @ 02/09/16 08:54 AM

Thanks for the words Kevin As I sit in church lately, I'm finding myself disconnected, and having flashbacks, and a bit numb. Perhaps I need a break from going. I'm not sure of the benefit of going if my mind seems to not be there.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning - Father by Shyshark @ 02/09/16 08:38 AM

((( iaccus )))
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning - Father by Terry1992 @ 02/09/16 08:21 AM

Iaccus I understand
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Role Reversal by concerned_husky @ 02/09/16 08:04 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New Roommate is Triggering (trigger warning) by Austin54 @ 02/09/16 04:49 AM

Great BFree... It is wonderful ad encouraging to see people advance and grow! Thanks for your patience and flexibility, they are good qualities that will take you far and lead to much healing.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Ralph Waldo Emerson by victor-victim @ 02/09/16 12:38 AM

(tommyb)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Depression in public. Looking for advice here. by 30something @ 02/08/16 11:10 PM

abused9, I'm sorry you are/were hurting. I agree with concerned_husky that you are fine to feel the way you feel. Since you asked, one thing that has worked for me (in terms of working through strong emotions when they strike) is avoiding alcohol a
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Parasitoid (maybe triggering - imagery) by 30something @ 02/08/16 10:58 PM

Such powerful imagery, concerned_husky. I hope you know how brave (and un-Zombie like) it is to put what you feel into words.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Echoes of Innocence- Survivor - Stephen Hill by 30something @ 02/08/16 10:35 PM

Thank you for the rec, oriolesguy.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl & sex trafficking by LinEar @ 02/08/16 09:50 PM

Good. At the arrests.
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Assaulted as an adult by another man---Triggers by Sterling @ 02/08/16 09:42 PM

Im really sorry this happened to you johelp. very saddened by this. take good care of yourself! These guys are amazing here; hope you can trust guys here to be there for you when you need support. James
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl & sex trafficking by victor-victim @ 02/08/16 09:31 PM

more on this topic The FBI and local law enforcement agencies announced the arrests in February of 360 sex buyers and 68 traffickers and the recovery of 30 juvenile victims in a six-month operation in anticipation of the 2015 Super Bowl. The year b
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Thorn Technology Task Force by victor-victim @ 02/08/16 09:25 PM

“WE KNOW THAT TECHNOLOGY FACILITATES THE EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN, BUT WE ALSO KNOW THAT WITHIN TECHNOLOGY RESIDES A SOLUTION.” THORN TECHNOLOGY TASK FORCE https://www.wearethorn.org/ "The Thorn Technology Task Force is comprised of more than
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning - Father by victor-victim @ 02/08/16 07:55 PM

(iaccus)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Trigger Warning - Father by tommyb @ 02/08/16 07:35 PM

(iaccus)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another meltdown in church by KMCINVA @ 02/08/16 04:57 PM

Abused9 Church is probably a grounding point for you, an emotional attachment or place that once gave you peace. You are going and facing the past, in time the pain of what the priest did should soften. You will see the priest and institution diff
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another meltdown in church by victor-victim @ 02/08/16 03:51 PM

i think i cry in church almost every time i go. it even happens when i pray alone sometimes. a tidal wave washes over me... through me... whenever i hit that fundamental frequency that resonates my soul with the holy spirit. bittersweet and too
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Another meltdown in church by abused9 @ 02/08/16 02:48 PM

I made it through church, Saturday, but it was not easy, crying again. Why do I go?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going to se the movie Spotlight by abused9 @ 02/08/16 02:45 PM

Dave, I completely understand.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Something new to hold onto by iaccus @ 02/08/16 01:48 PM

I love it!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Something new to hold onto by kylew @ 02/08/16 01:40 PM

Thanks Lee & Kevin I really hesitated to post it. I hope it really means something to her. I feel as though I owe her a debt I can't repay. I did at the last second put a return address on the envelope. If she wants to be a detective I'm su
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Am I simply not enough? by LinEar @ 02/08/16 01:21 PM

Yes. I fall into the "comparison trap" all the time. Actively working to stop those thoughts when I realize that they're coming up.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by KMCINVA @ 02/08/16 01:18 PM

Iaccus I hope today brings some resolution as you walk through this part of your life with your T. You have conflicted emotions of your mother as your mother and your abuser. Thoughts are with you Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by 30something @ 02/08/16 01:10 PM

Good luck today, iaccus! Thinking about you. Asa
Poetry
Jump to new posts Trigger Warning - Father by iaccus @ 02/08/16 11:57 AM

You come to me in the dark of the night Just as you did those many nights ago Determined to infect my being like a disease I feel your icy stare on the back of my neck Your glare pierces me like a spear The waft of alcohol, a prelude to your appeara
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.