Newest Members
Allen_Walker, Cas, Elysium83, Matthew8, GreenTurtles
12779 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (38), illbedat (27), Mike58 (57), Mnovit (39), Mongo (25), pwdasw (65), Raymond Sean (39), yesac76 (39)
Who's Online
6 registered (don64, 5 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12779 Members
75 Forums
65822 Topics
460348 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm sorry. by derekjw @ 07/30/15 06:56 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you don't leave completely. Just pause for a few weeks. Keeping reading posts that will help you. I think sometimes people who are offended don't stay that way for long. I don't know any details about why
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Sweden to open rape center for men by traveler @ 07/30/15 06:55 PM

http://www.newser.com/story/208543/rape-...=rss_health_syn
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts *TRIGGER* To serve and protect. by victor-victim @ 07/30/15 06:01 PM

Female Police Officer Charged with Sexually Assaulting Underage Girl at Least 33 Times! A former Valley Brook police officer was jailed Tuesday, accused of sex crimes with an underage girl. The accused, 21, was arrested, and now formally charged wi
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts It gets better (Apple employees) by ig3 @ 07/30/15 05:59 PM

This is not new, but I thought it might be worth sharing, just in case it can help someone, or serves as inspiration for a compassionate look on LGBT youth facing bullying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYqsaJk_U8
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I'm sorry. by Magellan @ 07/30/15 04:36 PM

It appears I've offended a few people with the words I use to describe my personal experience. I had worried about my presence here, and now I have confirmation - it is unhealthy for me to remain here. The thing is, my genetic father was developmen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop the self loathing by Magellan @ 07/30/15 04:17 PM

I'm using this word because I can't find a better word to describe what I'm experiencing. My very existence is offensive now. I see that now. I will stop posting. I am sorry for being offensive. I can't do any better
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop the self loathing by AlexBoyd @ 07/30/15 04:13 PM

Magellan, PLEASE stop using the term "retarded" in your threads. There are more appropriate terms. Do a search for them. The word is considered offensive, especially for those who know someone with actual problems that fall within that rea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 03:27 PM

Highflight Thank you for the kind words. I too would never wish that any survivor need to face such words, reaction, isolation, lack of empathy. I cannot change the past but I was fortunate a mistake turned into a positive that helped to change my
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: fear of women,bullying by Sterling @ 07/30/15 12:52 PM

Thanks Newground! About the mentioning of the pants. I immediatley regressed to a moment when i was 13 and a group of girls ( jokingly) came running to me at recess trying to take my pants off! I freaked! My cousin was there. I feel i dont kn
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ 07/30/15 12:41 PM

it s hard. i . was going to move. My t said -pay your bills off first. Pissed me off! I was going to leave for Toronto in a month s time. I see that they are others who suffer too. More than me. i feel angry, frustrated. Im angry at bil
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: A Good Book by gaatt @ 07/30/15 12:35 PM

Thanks Guys, Yes it is interesting. I'm finding that the book is making me more aware of my fear and more aware of the ways women's anger can subtly (and not so subtly) express itself. I liked the way he talked of Phase I relationships that were b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I have to ask something by Magellan @ 07/30/15 12:32 PM

Exactly, DE - I feel diseased. People treat me like I'm diseased because I'm disabled. I can't function like other normal people do. I'm treated like I'm diseased. Exactly. And this has created a psychological monster in my head that I have to li
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: A Good Book by dark empathy @ 07/30/15 12:25 PM

Men as disposable is something I've thought often when i see protrayals in the media and also look at relationships, after all to women, men are disposable given how easy it is for a woman to acquire a man for anything from a quick fling to a loving
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Moral Compass by DesertFrog @ 07/30/15 12:20 PM

how can I claim to hold a high moral compass yet still screw up? and lack empathy?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I have to ask something by dark empathy @ 07/30/15 12:04 PM

@Magellan, when I worked on my thesis on disability, I noticed that nearly all those who argued that "there is no disability, it's all society's fault, us vs them" mentality were deaf. This makes sense, because any community with it's own l
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My Story (Updated) **triggers by gettingstronger @ 07/30/15 11:38 AM

Seikei, I'd love to know that too. You make some really great connections between the severe isolation you (and so many of us) felt and the connection the abuse provided, and I was interested to see that you, too, felt it cost you your manhood and
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Car park by gettingstronger @ 07/30/15 11:23 AM

Hi Strive, Glad you found MS, and thanks for sharing what happened. There's a lot to be said, obviously, and I won't say it here, but just know you're among friends. Bob
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: True Sayings by manipulated @ 07/30/15 11:23 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: True Sayings by manipulated @ 07/30/15 11:19 AM

"Reacting to a flashback can create a thought loop that can take you to a place you don't want to go." Dr. Bill
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: fear of women,bullying by newground @ 07/30/15 11:14 AM

Hey man. I have always had an issue with females since I was a little boy. I dont know if it has to do with same sex feelings or just the bullying. One thing I know was an issue for me was that I was no allowed to hit back... you DON'T HIT GIRLS and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by highflight @ 07/30/15 11:12 AM

Kevin, I am very lucky to have not been met with the same initial response you had. I think your reaction to it was totally understandable, and think I would have reacted similarly. I just cannot imagine. At the same time, I am so happy that you ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by highflight @ 07/30/15 11:07 AM

Thanks Bardo! David, Thanks for your thoughts. I have given much thought to this as well. I think that talking with others (for me) proves to me that it is NOT a secret. If I truly believe that the things that happened are just events, that they don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 10:50 AM

Highflight It is wonderful to hear how far you have come in the past year. Like you I began sharing my story. The first people who heard it treated me disparagingly, ignored and never said a word about the abuse or asked how I felt. I clamored shu
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by DavidM-LT @ 07/30/15 10:38 AM

Thanks so much for this! The title quite accurately describes how I feel. But at the same it's almost a contradictory feeling. Personally, I'm just at the start of talking with others about what I've been through. That only happened because I finall
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: History by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 10:36 AM

Magellan I am sorry to see you feeling this way. I do not have the answers but I have come to learn how we feel comes from within. I have read your older posts where you seem happy and committed to having a better life. I could feel the optimism in
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.