Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jwmcd2, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: article, how the brain changes from abuse. by jas4159 @ 04/16/14 04:38 PM

your welcome
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How did you feel when you saw a bigger penis? by lapchinj @ 04/16/14 04:27 PM

Hey Izzy Then that's a big jump and step forward for you to post that avatar. I had a lot of bad hair days also but in the '60s it was taboo. My parents were never around but my high school principal was so if I wasn't careful I would end up with
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Things boys discover by traveler @ 04/16/14 04:25 PM

919. A pair of jeans that fit just right and a new pair of cool shoes can make you feel like you can conquer the world for a little while.
Introductions
IW2T - seeing your avatar pic now, i can see why you miss your smile. it is/was a great one. i hope being here and the work you are doing to thrive can help you get it back! lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: article, how the brain changes from abuse. by pufferfish @ 04/16/14 04:01 PM

This is excellent. Thank you. Puffer
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts article, how the brain changes from abuse. by jas4159 @ 04/16/14 03:46 PM

It wasn't long after I reached my conclusions that I came across this article: December 14, 2000-- Belmont, MA --Mclean Hospital researchers have identified four types of brain abnormalities linked to child abuse and neglect, providing the first comp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Neurobiology Of Child Abuse by jas4159 @ 04/16/14 03:45 PM

you are so right. this is from a chapter in my book. i hope you find it helpful. It wasn't long after I reached my conclusions that I came across this article: December 14, 2000-- Belmont, MA --Mclean Hospital researchers have identified four ty
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm Syndrome by jas4159 @ 04/16/14 03:38 PM

I couldn't agree more.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop being angry :( by jas4159 @ 04/16/14 03:35 PM

Hello Magellan, You have been very articulate in describing your feelings. I can relate to your mother. I was surprises to find i was also angry with my mother. Anger was the most difficult emotion for me to connect to and yes i pray and meditate
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How did you feel when you saw a bigger penis? by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/16/14 03:14 PM

Jeff, My avatar was the last school photo before my CSA began. Thomas told me, it was that smile that first attracted him. It took a very long time before I could even look at that photo again. The hair color was never an issue, the length back in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I can't stop being angry :( by Magellan @ 04/16/14 02:50 PM

I've been angry for most of my life. Angry that I was born. And angry that I was born with disabilities. And angry that I was bullied by most of my class for 3 years in elementary school because I wore glasses and hearing aids. Angry about so much.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the loneliness by dark empathy @ 04/16/14 02:19 PM

Funnily enough tm, the times I have felt most lonely are the times I've been in a crowd of other people. There is nothing to make you feel more alone than sitting watching a large group of other people interact. It also doesn't help that yes, people
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: What is Health? by dark empathy @ 04/16/14 02:00 PM

I really admire your thoughts on Indian phylosophy, but to be honest for myself s/xual health is a contradiction in terms, sinse there is nothing to me positive about my own s/xuality at all. I have seen a positive form of communication in ccertai
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by lapchinj @ 04/16/14 01:56 PM

Hey Cosmos I thought I was the only crazy guy that was married but had a hard time explaining to people that it was not sexual. I never told my wife that I was gay although it doesn't seem you did either, just that you had an attraction to men. How
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual charge post trauma by dark empathy @ 04/16/14 01:45 PM

Myself, I have learnt to view the business much more rationally. Mb is my control. I was never shamed by my parents about s/x or my physical reactions, indeed both parents explained quite kindly in quite medical detail when i was 10 what mb was and
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Still Here by BluegrassGhost @ 04/16/14 01:44 PM

Thanks for the kind words and open arms everybody.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How did you feel when you saw a bigger penis? by lapchinj @ 04/16/14 01:10 PM

Hey IW2T It's great when I can put a face to a post and I'm glad you put one up. The smile is great even though it might be a coverup. I don't want to pry but I see you look like you have blond hair like I did. Did you find that you were bullied mo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm Syndrome by On The Fringe @ 04/16/14 01:03 PM

I idolized my molester. It took a long time to accept that I thought as a child then. I just locked my thinking on my CSA at age 7. It took a few decades to see things as an adult. That is when recovery began. The truth of my innocence in the cr
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Forgiveness & the toughest 16 inches *trigger* by On The Fringe @ 04/16/14 12:55 PM

Vengeance is mine says The Lord. I have turned it over as any vengeance is for God to do. Not that I forgot.... It helps me not be bitter on a personal level a bit.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to understand masculinity by pete1973 @ 04/16/14 12:49 PM

Bobcat, I can relate to your feelings. I am 40 and trying to reconnect with the 11 year old boy that got left behind when he was abused. To me he is still stuck in that room staring out the window, alone and afraid to leave because he doesn't know wh
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by cosmos @ 04/16/14 12:11 PM

jd123 thanx for the undeserved accolades! Rustam the whole injured psyche inside is just “sooooo schizophrenic” it’s not even funny; but so necessary for healing, I never wanted to confront myself I lacked the courage to admit what was done that I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ***TRIGGER*** Castration fear by traveler @ 04/16/14 11:32 AM

how are you doing now, Randy? i started this thread over 2 years ago and it is so strange to see it come up again. i have definitely progressed a lot since i first wrote about it. i hope you are better now, too? if it is still an issue for you, don'
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trusting Him Again by learning2luvme @ 04/16/14 10:49 AM

Ok. I know and understand this stage. My offer stands if he wants a rational independent ear to listen. Being a survivor we all here understand better than anybody and we are great listeners. Best of luck to you and your husband. L2LME
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How did you feel when you saw a bigger penis? by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/16/14 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: lapchinjEven when I was an adult and I saw one in the showers it just threw me back to my younger years. The bigger it got the only thing it meant to me was more pain, blood and wishing I were dead. AMEN My BROTHER!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to understand masculinity by JayBro @ 04/16/14 09:46 AM

Hey Bobcat, I'm 22 and had been struggling very much with this, especially a year ago. What helped for me was to be my "authentic self", and to gravitate towards friends and others with attributes that I admired. In my recovery, I have fou
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.