Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63436 Topics
443444 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MST Trigers by OKIE MIKE @ 08/30/14 08:22 PM

This happened over labor day weekend of 1977 She knew that I was raped while in the Army . But did not make the connection
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: JUST made contact with first abuser...*TRIGGERS!* by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/30/14 06:47 PM

That sounds like a wonderful piece that can lead to some closure for you I hope you incorporate this new understanding into your recovery.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts JUST made contact with first abuser...*TRIGGERS!* by VASurvivor @ 08/30/14 05:23 PM

***TRIGGERS*** I want to first say "THANK YOU" to my (first) abuser should he read this...You were a kid. You did not know any better. And you're a great man for moving forward with your life. None of us can undo the past, but we can free
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Just how many mistakes do they need to make by ALovingMum @ 08/30/14 04:28 PM

TRIGGER WARNING!!! The Rotherham case is the tip of the iceberg. In the UK, hundreds of kids are forcefully given to their named paedophile abusers in the family court everyday if the abuser is the father of the child. Even as this Rotherham scan
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Getting booted from chat every minute? by Sven @ 08/30/14 03:58 PM

nvm.. seems i fixed it
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Getting booted from chat every minute? by Sven @ 08/30/14 03:54 PM

really.. every minute.. Never get booted so dunno whats up Any help?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn't gay. I was abused and confused. by VASurvivor @ 08/30/14 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: don64I don't think abuse is the only culprit in robbing one of an authentic self. So right you are Don.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn't gay. I was abused and confused. by VASurvivor @ 08/30/14 01:58 PM

Johnnyc. I am so sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing. I hope you will be able to share your whole story here sometime, when you are able and if you choose to do so.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Chosen by Syfer @ 08/30/14 01:16 PM

The men from Caldicott are stirring up Government on child protection and the porous nature of the law that is meant to protect children. Tom, one of the people in the documentary is the founder of a pressure group called @MandateNow that have been i
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: being touched by learning2remember @ 08/30/14 10:19 AM

It happened again. We were at the movies with my family, and innocently enough my wife just placed her hand on her leg above my knee. I really hated how that felt. I know there was no "pain." It was harmless, but it felt terrible. I've le
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Brother Hospitalized by sorryson @ 08/30/14 09:31 AM

Kevin I am not sure how to answer your questions. I thought about what would have made me go get help. I noticed you did not mention their mother. I thought about that too. Mama could not have been a source of help because she fed off what her si
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by blacken @ 08/30/14 07:54 AM

Sometimes, when we are thinking of posting and don't, it's more of a matter of "timing". As in "I Need to say this NOW" and we really want...need...a live audience for real-time feedback, validation &/or acknowledgement. The
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Family members who were abused&comfort by ALovingMum @ 08/30/14 05:20 AM

Hi Kitty, I haven't been on here for ages, but the guys and ladies here are always wonderful. To try and assist with your questions - it isn't safe to jump to conclusion that things that happened between your husband and his cousin (is it male or f
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Butterfly Effect by pufferfish @ 08/30/14 12:54 AM

Yes...Now I remember I saw this a couple of years ago. I believe it relates heavily to what I've been through, but I'm still trying to figure it all out. Even that figures into the movie. Puffer
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It sounds incredible. Nobody believes me. by pufferfish @ 08/30/14 12:39 AM

Thank you cosmos and victor-victim This is helping me to develop a picture of the journey I went on when I was 13. I had the memories which made up pufferfish story part 5 thrust upon me in a dizzying storm. They explained an aweful lot. But as t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what is masculinity? by VASurvivor @ 08/30/14 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: traveler i think that this is an important topic that needs to be addressed on its own - and not lost in the thread that has some other major points being discussed. I have to agree. Thanks for posting this her traveler. And
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: MST Trigers by VASurvivor @ 08/29/14 11:56 PM

Oh. I am so sorry man. Does she know?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Attachment Theory by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/29/14 10:47 PM

Thanks to newground for pointing me toward attachment theory. It is totally right what I've been mulling over lately. I'm posting a lot of this in the past tense because I feel like I'm in the middle of a seismic shift in my relationship with myself
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by gettingstronger @ 08/29/14 09:35 PM

Hey Pattom, Like others have said, you're among friends here and this is a safe place. Calling what happened to you by its proper name is scary as hell, but I think you'll find it's a necessary part of healing from it. And you WILL heal from it!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Brother Hospitalized by KMCINVA @ 08/29/14 06:34 PM

P Thank you and I am glad to see you are not using sorryson. A good sign. I hold little hope that I can persuade the children to get help. They are so ingrained with misinformation and I highly doubt they can face the truth. I had to make a long
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: funny books by traveler @ 08/29/14 05:11 PM

Robert Rankin has some outrageously funny stuff, too. they are hard to describe: "His books are a mix of science fiction, fantasy, the occult, urban legends, running gags, metafiction, steampunk and outrageous characters." they also are h
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin... by victor-victim @ 08/29/14 12:47 PM

a great beginning... welcome to ms.org and thank you for telling us about your empowering experiences. I hope you find peace and love and reconciliation in your marriage. I am still looking... but at least we are still together after 30 years
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It sounds incredible. Nobody believes me. by victor-victim @ 08/29/14 12:30 PM

the truth is.... dear puffer... we will never know the truth. the abusers have got it down to a fine science. victims make terrible witnesses. they have low credibility. because of mental illness... brain damage... mind control... brain wash
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: funny books by victor-victim @ 08/29/14 12:08 PM

and since you are in kanada, you might enjoy books written by Stuart McLean. he has a long running clean-humour comedy show on CBC radio called "vinyl cafe" and it is always in great taste. no crime or sex... very similar to mark
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: funny books by victor-victim @ 08/29/14 11:49 AM

I really enjoy all the paddington bear stories written by Michael Bond. it is laugh out loud funny and there are over twenty books by the original author so there are many to choose from. but I recommend starting at the beginning with the
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.