Newest Members
SammyJG, Rod2112, Mark71, oic, ocean
12884 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kinghenri (27)
Who's Online
8 registered (Dissociated1, Carries The Fire, 6 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12884 Members
75 Forums
66684 Topics
465961 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 8 Common Myths About CSA by Rich1967 @ 11/27/15 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Chase EricAnd if it is important for us to know they do, I suspect the onus is on us as survivors to educate them. I do try to educate them every chance I get. I think it's important to do. So many benefits in doing it - my
Jump to new posts Re: Intro by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 10:46 AM

here's to your health and healing! here's to your hope and happiness. welcome to, oic. goodbye to silent desperation. hello to peer community.
Jump to new posts Intro by oic @ 11/27/15 10:43 AM

24 years of recovery (silent desperation). 18 years since disclosure & confrontation. 18 years off and on in t. Got triggered while reading evicting the Perp & joined site. Hoping to experience some genuine healing.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Time Management Matrix by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 10:22 AM

“I have two kinds of problems: the urgent and the important. The urgent are not important, and the important are never urgent.”      ~ James Roscoe Miller Stephen Covey’s Time Management Matrix We live in a time pr
Jump to new posts Re: Back to Your Love by kellticwarrior @ 11/27/15 10:08 AM

much thanks
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I just get a job? by ahyden @ 11/27/15 09:45 AM

I have similar issues. Because of social anxiety and depression I'm having great difficulty at keeping a job. I pretend to be "normal" to protect myself, but it's so stressful. Every day is hell for me. But I have to work, I have no family
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Professor/Preacher arrested by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 07:26 AM

Former Anglican minister charged with alleged historic sex assaults on Aboriginal boys London, Ontario police have charged a minister from the St. Andrew’s Anglican Church at Chippewa-On-T
Family and Friends
Thank you for your help. Is it possible for some to heal alone? What has frightened me the most is that he seems to be holding on quite ok. I really question his pain. I think there is a good probability he could be well on his own too. He says it. B
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: expressionism by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 03:45 AM

(Sterling) survival song. still going strong! staying real. standing tall. speaking proud. shouting loud!
Jump to new posts Re: Back to Your Love by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 03:41 AM

beautiful pattern excellent content the words just roll out naturally each one connected to the next telling the story easy effortlessly phrase after phrase thoughts and feelings follow and flow like music
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the power of prayer by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 02:57 AM

When you enter the spiritual realm... All aspects of being — body, mind and spirit become One. All tools of creation — thought, word and deed become One. All experiences of time — past, present and future become One. Everything Integrates. Neal
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 02:50 AM

"What you hope, you will eventually believe, what you believe, you will eventually know, what you know you will eventually create, what you create, you will eventually experience, what you experience, you will eventually express, what you expres
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ 11/27/15 02:45 AM

"Wisdom must not be that of the systems hatched by the word-catchers and sophists who sell their tenets and arguments like any bit of merchandise in the market, men who for ever pit philosophy against philosophy without a blush, O earth and sun,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I just get a job? by Chewy @ 11/27/15 12:53 AM

I don't know about what line of work you're thinking of, but I know my CSA definitely affected my ability to communicate accurately. I've read several articles (haven't we all) about the affects on our brains from abuse and left side brain skills se
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 8 Common Myths About CSA by Chewy @ 11/27/15 12:43 AM

Myth 6 about hundreds of people going to jail in the 80s is what gets me. My parents moved heaven and earth to condition me to believe nothing ever happened, and when did it happen? In the 80s. Every time I tried to bring it up to my mother when I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: fed up with deceit and lies by Chewy @ 11/27/15 12:34 AM

I too, had to uphold the family image that was the only goal in life (it seems) for my mother. I don't know how much of the CSA she understood to have happened, nor whether she cared. If it had been my sister that had been abused, guarantee you my
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: He's balancing between two life paths - help! by focusedbody @ 11/27/15 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Meloe His balance is fragile and I think he is afraid that a women could destroy this fragile walls he built and rebuilt all the time. Meloe: It's great that you recognize this. At the same time, what is being held together
Jump to new posts Back to Your Love by kellticwarrior @ 11/26/15 11:48 PM

A faded photograph burns an image in my mind sweet dreams of yesterday remind me of the time memories. of you and me through the years Slow train of yesterday comes rolling through my home town these dreams of you and me I think they'll never simmer
Jump to new posts Re: Chains by kellticwarrior @ 11/26/15 11:44 PM

it will set you free
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: amnesia by Chewy @ 11/26/15 11:31 PM

Something clicked for me when reading your post, especially, "work hard at accomplishing more tasks that are more challenging and the synapses and neural networks get stronger for handling information that at the moment overwhelms there already
Jump to new posts Re: Save me. by betrayed boy @ 11/26/15 10:01 PM

happy birthday kid although I'm sad that ur feeling so down now, just so u know even I think there's hope for better times ahead for us, I dare not think otherwise, for me if I have no hope I have no reason to keep fighting so do as I'm doing
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspiration Just for today by victor-victim @ 11/26/15 09:52 PM

Confession allows discrepancies among thoughts, words, and deeds to be dissolved, so you can return to your original blueprint where thought, word and deed are one. In order to reach this divine expression and surrender, you have to be humble and co
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being in Control by Carries The Fire @ 11/26/15 04:52 PM

Ohio, I hear you, to me it is the echos of abuse, feel the need to be in control of the situation, being in control protects us from further harm, this is not always the case obviously, but for those that have endured the factors Smartshadow has men
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Being in Control by justplainme @ 11/26/15 04:48 PM

i found out that we try to keep a balance of power in our end at times. " If i manipulate you well enough through my emotions then it will be harder for you to leave (read abandon) me." True marriage is a co-creation. A joining of two whole
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Two Journeys . . .******trigger warning****** by Carries The Fire @ 11/26/15 04:41 PM

Before any of you start to read . . . *****severe trigger warning***** *****profanity warning***** “These ghosts come haunt my bones, They won’t leave me alone, Thunder cracks and dark furies sound, When the night crashes down” Machine Head. Fo
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.