Newest Members
yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42, AndyLA
12639 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Andresito (28), cwstexas (57), orodo (51), tel_orod (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (Nothing Man, Bardo, Sonata1, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12639 Members
74 Forums
64894 Topics
453697 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shamed by Michael1965 @ 03/25/15 08:56 AM

My T has said repeatedly that the way to over come the shame is to continue to talk about the abuse and the feelings that I have over it. Since coming to MS and talking about this my shame lessens every time I address it all. Our stories are vastly d
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by lapchinj @ 03/25/15 08:52 AM

Hey guys So far goog, I'M going to get d=fpm dkddd As you can see I couldn't see straight and then fell asleep by the keyboard. Today was the first day I'm taking with this anti drinking drug called Naltrexone 50 mg a day. I know that there are guy
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What are we here for? by woodenshoes @ 03/25/15 08:50 AM

Phoenixrising I can relate. Hope the sun shine gives you warm of us around you. We support and care for you. One step at a time and we are here for you. Keep writing we want progress for you. If you need a ear i have two, i will lend you one.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Shamed by Greg56 @ 03/25/15 08:48 AM

I say Shamed,not ashamed...ashamed implies to me some sort of guilt. Guilt can be overcome...or understood. But what about shamed? Can that be overcome? Being shamed, I feel is the next layer that needs to be dealt with for me. I cannot fathom o
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by GonnaBalright @ 03/25/15 08:21 AM

Austin, I like your signature - thumbs up
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts What are we here for? by PhoenixRising @ 03/25/15 08:20 AM

What are we here for? To have families, accumulate titles, wealth and things? Or to come to wholeness? If the former is true, then I have failed. Intimate relationships have been near impossible, I left a career due to anxiety and I live very poorly.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Men supporting men. What does that look like? by Acorn2Oak @ 03/25/15 08:01 AM

For what it's worth, I'm always grateful to have real conversations about real life issues. That's generally a spectrum within which I can comfortably and meaningfully connect.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Men supporting men. What does that look like? by Acorn2Oak @ 03/25/15 07:48 AM

Oddly enough, Rich, I attended a Men's support group for the first time last night. not my first men's group, but first time at that one. The first half was fairly good but the second devolved into random conversation. Won't analyze the why's here (b
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by GonnaBalright @ 03/25/15 07:37 AM

Bardo, so sorry for that expeience! Well isn't this ironic - here we are, broken, struggling people having to meet on a message board because the people within the 4 church walls want nothing to do with us! I agree with you also Bardo about organ
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociating, wtf happened? by KMCINVA @ 03/25/15 07:34 AM

Sven Take a deep breath. Are you seeing a doctor or therapist. If so, talk to them. Try some new coping mechanisms--writing, breathing,yoga, counting. I use to keep a chart and I would knock off each minute, it kept me in the present and stopped
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Question about my abuse? So Many Questions by KMCINVA @ 03/25/15 07:28 AM

Tryingtolive Abuse is not your fault. You did not ask for it, it was done to you. We all have a level of guilt from the abuse, why did I not tell, why did I go back and many other questions we ask ourselves. I know it is difficult to stop the ques
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: good news! by Obi @ 03/25/15 07:16 AM

Congrats lee
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: good news! by manipulated @ 03/25/15 07:12 AM

Congratulations!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: good news! by peroperic2009 @ 03/25/15 04:44 AM

Congratulations Lee wow, that is so nice news!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: good news! by newground @ 03/25/15 04:23 AM

Congratulations Lee!! so glad to hear it yousound like the proud grandpa already!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts good news! by traveler @ 03/25/15 04:15 AM

i'm going to be a grandpa! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Question about my abuse? So Many Questions by Tryingtolive @ 03/25/15 02:46 AM

The more i think about my abuse The more i think it was me that caused it....... Why at the time did i like it? Why did my brother do these things to me? I was so Young? Did Anyone else in my family know the abuse was happening and didnt say anythi
Male Survivors
Amazing read here....and all hits so close to home. I too have lost friends by becoming too clingy and close and that desire to have close male to male friendships has been there since I was young at home with no father figure. In trying to figure
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to calm down - he lied again by Mishka95673 @ 03/24/15 11:07 PM

Hey Bob...appreciate the input. Don't ever worry about jumping the gun - I really appreciate the folks here who are very certain in that idea that supporters cannot make themselves victims while trying to support survivors. They are constant reminder
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by don64 @ 03/24/15 10:31 PM

Hi SmartShadow, Thanks for the encouragement. I do know my true nature does not reside in labels, so it is interesting for me to observe how this develops. I know it involves freedom, and I know the key is to continue the work I'm doing. I just d
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt over not stopping it by bey @ 03/24/15 09:42 PM

I think a real stumbling block for me is that my mom died suddenly, right when the abuse was at its peak in terms of intensity and emotional emeshment. I feel like a huge part of me is still stuck there, and as the rest of me moves away there is alw
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Waste of a day by ShortedDiode @ 03/24/15 08:58 PM

I'm away from home on a business trip and I the cafe in the hotel I'm staying at has a bunch of TVs that show the concert footage or music videos that go with the songs they're playing on the sound system. It's actually quite neat and enjoyable, but
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociating, wtf happened? by Sven @ 03/24/15 08:17 PM

I feel increasingly worse, feeling unsafe and anxious or spacey all the time. I'm holding on but i dont know how long i can do this
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by Bardo @ 03/24/15 07:54 PM

I had a lovely Australian girl with whom I was hitchhiking around Ireland tell me in all sincerity that, despite our deep attraction to each other, she knew for certain that I was doomed to hell because I was not born again. That was the beginning of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Incest survivor anyone else? by Bardo @ 03/24/15 07:49 PM

Yes. My brother abused me from the age of 11-15. Just starting to work my way through therapy. It has been a great help. Starting the process of recovery is the hardest but most important thing you can do for yourself. Not surprising that you sank lo
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.