Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, GoHomeAgain, WalkingBuffalo), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447777 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Here's hoping... by Seekingwisdom @ 12/20/14 01:03 AM

Welcome TheGreatWhat I'm glad your here but sorry for what happen to you which makes being here and healing necessary. Good luck on finishing your degree; so glad to read that you're working on shedding the lies that we survivors know and work to sh
Poetry
Jump to new posts improvised improvement by victor-victim @ 12/20/14 12:46 AM

my past is history. my future's a mystery. now is infinity. time is eternity. life is opportunity. death is my destiny. fear is my enemy. love is my gift to me. ------------------ inspired by and dedicated to kb8715 IT REALLY DOES GET BET
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: it couldnt be done! by Chase Eric @ 12/19/14 10:55 PM

My response has often been something like, "Oh yeah? Watch me..." - although on occasion that was immediately followed by a trip to emergency.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: awakening to hell by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 10:28 PM

you deserve no less than all the rest. sleep no more where nightmares dwell. awaken and rise from dreams of hell. open your eyes to paradise. what thrives in the dark night, dies in the daylight.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: SA ends 40 years ago but health impact continues by manipulated @ 12/19/14 10:12 PM

I finished follow up medical tests this week. Upper GI scope on Tuesday and Colonoscopy on Thursday. Found strictures in esophagus which was dilated, GERD, and hiatal hernia all mild to moderate and two benign polyps with unchanged diverticulitis. Wa
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: it couldnt be done! by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 10:07 PM

love it. live it. whenever a critic or skeptic says to me, "you can't ... " i immediately reply, "you mean, you can't."
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts question for survivors by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 09:51 PM

someone please explain the connection between sexual abuse and sexual addiction. in my experience, there was no difference, so i switched to sexual abstinence.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: IT DOES GET BETTER by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 09:46 PM

yes, indeed, it does, in fact, get better. then it gets worse for a while. THEN IT GETS EVEN BETTER AGAIN! . my past is history. my future's a mystery. now is infinity. time is eternity. life is opportunity. death is my destiny. fear is my
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "It'll All Be OK" by woodenshoes @ 12/19/14 09:35 PM

Very true Husky. Thank you. Ws
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "It'll All Be OK" by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 09:27 PM

Quote: hey husk, you are a poet very cool _________________________ I have left this site and am no longer a member to those who I met while here I wish you well I no longer reside in my own past but have moved on and facing what is now and what i
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Media blowhard says rape isn't real by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 09:17 PM

the nicest thing i can say is... since the evidence does not support her theory, it can be defined and dismissed as ignorant opinion. i suspect prejudice or bias. it could be unintentional insensitivity, or deliberate sadistic goading, or provo
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Media blowhard says rape isn't real by unhappycamper @ 12/19/14 08:29 PM

This is far from the first stupid, malicious thing Coulter has spouted.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas by don64 @ 12/19/14 08:20 PM

Hi Txb, I find that honoring my own feelings is the beginning of understanding them in a context. It doesn't mean I need to change them. It does mean that I find it important to understand my feelings if I want them to be a part of supporting me o
Male Survivors
Hi TheGreatWhat, Just asking the questions you are asking is so healthy, from my perspective. For me, confusion is a healthy process, and a signal that my insides are re-forming--in the midst of coming to a new understanding of myself. However, th
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bunny wabbit. by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 07:01 PM

this one made elmer smile.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bunny wabbit. by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 06:55 PM

i love all the theatre rigging in the background. lots of scenery in this scene.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bunny wabbit. by woodenshoes @ 12/19/14 04:59 PM

Victor-victim Thanks made me smile. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Love? by myrlin @ 12/19/14 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Chase Eric But I think that a quieter perspective can be a norm for some of us. Hate and anger are always the loudest voices. And as they shout around us, we stay hidden, having not owned our bodies, our destinies or our inte
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Family and the Perpetuation of my Victim Identity by TheGreatWhat @ 12/19/14 03:32 PM

Every night, or at least on the night's I find myself feeling healthy, I discover or concoct new solutions, new revelations for how to live with, or better yet, be rid of this weird manner of existence that is my life. But inevitably, the following m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy Issue? by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 03:30 PM

so true, sugarbaby. KEEP TALKING! i was a first aid responder for a few years, and we were trained to keep the victim talking. this maintained a safer level of consciousness. keep the patient communicating. "talk about the pain. tell m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Bully by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 03:18 PM

i have two teen daughters. i hurt when they hurt. the social surfing sure is up and down. like you said, one comment can collapse confidence. i can barely remember my own past pain, so sometimes i can't connect but my girls are quick to remind
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Awesome Roles Models - surrogates by Nothing Man @ 12/19/14 03:17 PM

Still, you absolutely did the right thing in standing up for your little girl. That is a huge step for those of us whose parents failed to stand up for us when we were being sexually and otherwise abused. You are teaching your daughter how to stand
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Media blowhard says rape isn't real by victor-victim @ 12/19/14 02:34 PM

it is my belief that 1 out of 6 is a low estimate. the truth is we will never know. there is still too much secrecy, silence, stigma and shame. in the interest of keeping the public attention and discussion focused on this usually taboo topic...
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Awesome Roles Models - surrogates by Still @ 12/19/14 09:34 AM

These Girls are her role models (thank God). Her mother can't convey any of these attributes as she does not possess them. I do what I can, especially with the MotoCross stuff, but there's nothing like awesome role models. I love these kids! I can w
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy Issue? by sugarbaby @ 12/19/14 09:21 AM

Just vent!! Don't apologize! Vent away!! A wise man on Male Survivor once told he: "It looks like you stepped on a CSA landmine again. KEEP TALKING!" - I'm paraphrasing but his words were very helpful because I had vented and it annoyed q
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.