Newest Members
Paz, COLLINS AKINSE, Searching13, sowhathappensnow, lostar
12965 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CodieRae (28), Keri (43), khan (61), mphsrvivor (47), Smithy0297 (45), Truth35 (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Rich1967, 4 invisible), 58 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12965 Members
75 Forums
67197 Topics
469219 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Triggar warning (Pride) by Brian Cardoza @ 02/07/16 09:14 PM

Why I am proud I am a survivor of sexual assault Why is it weird to hear or read those words, is it the connection to such a personal attack that makes you turn your head in shame of our discourse to hear. Is it the fact that people wonder if they co
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Native American Religion by victor-victim @ 02/07/16 09:01 PM

Oklevueha Native American Church www.nativeamericanchurches.org Indigenous American Native Spiritual Heritage The Indigenous American Native Religious healing traditions (Oklevueha Native American Church) have been suppressed and taken to the verge
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: terrible news 'sexual emergency' by KMCINVA @ 02/07/16 08:48 PM

Disgusting--how disturbed. The poor boy will never be the same. I was sick to my stomach reading it. And at the end the 13 year old girl who is repeatedly raped by her 26 year old husband. What a world we live in.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: terrible news 'sexual emergency' by iaccus @ 02/07/16 08:46 PM

terrible
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts terrible news 'sexual emergency' by victor-victim @ 02/07/16 08:39 PM

A 10-year-old boy was so brutally assaulted in a swimming pool cubicle that he had to be hospitalized for his injuries. Suspect tells police it was a 'sexual emergency' because he hadn't had sex in months. this one really hurt. beware triggers. ww
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I feel this. (TRIGGER))))) by Bowierocks @ 02/07/16 08:17 PM

Hi james , wow . That brought up an old memory . I think an aunt used to do that to me too . It just seemed like it fit . I think I was way to young to remember . thus is aunt was very religious and angry and her ex husband was abusive. Old women tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday and wishing for change by 30something @ 02/07/16 07:41 PM

smc, we are here for you. I know it's hard, but at least for your birthday, be gentle with yourself. Try not to linger on self-judgement. They say, "ignorance is bliss," and I understand why. We can't turn back time to un-learn what we no
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: the art of expression by victor-victim @ 02/07/16 07:22 PM

"The word should be like butter or avocado or steak or hot biscuits, or onion rings or whatever is really needed, it should be almost as if you could pick up the words and eat them." ~ Charles Bukowski Poetry is what happens when not
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by victor-victim @ 02/07/16 07:10 PM

thank you, LinEar! the song is sad, but it gets the message through. more people need to hear this. and in case anyone missed the post and link above, i repeat it here, because it is worth listening to. Philip LaRue - Window *Triggers -- se
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Turmoi by victor-victim @ 02/07/16 06:47 PM

enjoyed reading this. more than once. especially... Originally Posted By: Brian CardozaI used my tears to wet the soil of my personal growth I grew up twisted and angry Till I saw the light and shoot straight for it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going to se the movie Spotlight by DavoSwim @ 02/07/16 06:13 PM

abused9, I admire you for having the strength to go see it. I will not go see it. Even just seeing the commercials brings back horrible memories of what happened to me. I've had some friends ( some from MS, some from real life, some who know my s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by iaccus @ 02/07/16 06:13 PM

thank you all for your kind words, im nervous and apprehensive about Monday but I will do my best.
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ 02/07/16 06:06 PM

Chris Garneau: "Between The Bars" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRMY9bGo_Ds&list=PLvVcfX1nULqVSZGtnShj80-svw7b2D-iz (original by Elliott Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPD-a1FjUtU) "Between The Bars" Drink up, baby
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by 30something @ 02/07/16 05:32 PM

iaccus, you are doing the hard work that so many of us wish we had the guts to tackle. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Asa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by manipulated @ 02/07/16 05:31 PM

Iaccus You are so strong to survive, write, post. I feel so weak and whiny when I see the strength, and growth you on tinge to show. I only wish you could glimpse the IA we all see so clearly. Pwerful post and hopefully productive session tomorro
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Assaulted as an adult by another man---Triggers by oriolesguy @ 02/07/16 05:17 PM

johelp, I echo everyone else... it wasn't your fault. But that won't explain the feelings of guilt, humiliation, helplessness and anger that you may also have as result. It sounds as though you are blaming yourself. The blame game thing is easy to
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Turmoi by iaccus @ 02/07/16 04:48 PM

bravo!!
Jump to new posts Echoes of Innocence- Survivor - Stephen Hill by oriolesguy @ 02/07/16 04:46 PM

This is one book I could have written, since so much is like what happened to me. The author starts out with the circumstances of his having been raped at age 16. The book then goes into his life leading up to that point, and then after that point.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Turmoi by Brian Cardoza @ 02/07/16 04:39 PM

I lived with your concentrated angry and still I grew I used my tears to wet the soil of my personal growth I grew up twisted and angry Till I saw the light and shoot straight for it. Now I stand before you strong, no longer wet I stand taller, your
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by iaccus @ 02/07/16 03:41 PM

Thank you Buedogone I appreciate your understanding. Guild and shame have always been my constant companions. I will try to take to heart the concept that it wasnt my fault but so far that notion has escaped me. Have a great weekend!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by Bluedogone @ 02/07/16 03:36 PM

iaccus You've done an outstanding job of what I would call an almost perfect statement to your T. It must have taken a whole lot of courage both to write it and to disclose it here on the forum. It's certainly understandable to want to try to under
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by iaccus @ 02/07/16 02:26 PM

Thank you Michael, I appreciate the feedback
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by Michael1965 @ 02/07/16 02:22 PM

Iaccus you show great strength and courage by sharing this with your T and with us here. Your desire to heal and move forward is so powerful and inspires others. You are not at fault for those things. A child cannot consent, they can only comply. I e
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Letter to my T TRIGGER WARNING by iaccus @ 02/07/16 01:43 PM

Trigger Warning I was compelled by my therapist to decide the topic of my session on Monday. I am unable to speak to her when I go to therapy and so I wrote her this email as a topic for discussion. Do you feel I got my point across? Am I too crass
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: How to talk so someone will listen by Mishka95673 @ 02/07/16 01:28 PM

Fab, as a former supporter, it was a bit of a "dammed if you do, damned if you don't" experience for me. I was certainly willing to listen and. OUSD have used the information provided in order to make improve,nets in the relationship. Even
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.