Newest Members
jeremy slicker, Hope4better, SoFarAhead, yayasdad, HereNow
12642 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
davis (65), lipsticklullabies (26), MG7411201 (41), Peterrr (26), speyday (52), taipan (52), unlucky skin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12642 Members
74 Forums
64929 Topics
453983 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

I had always assumed I would take "my secret" to the grave. So it wasn't exactly proactive on my part. My son was working on my computer and casually asked what all the MS stuff was about. So I briefly, no details, told him that after all t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Great group of men by iaccus @ Yesterday at 12:16 PM

You are not alone Alex! Not by a long shot.!
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Universal Soldier by Jay1946 @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

A book that influenced me profoundly on this subject is: Humanity: A Moral History of the Twentieth Century written by the English ethicist Jonathan Glover. He examines the many humanitarian disasters that occurred in the twentieth century and finds
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by BDD @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

When I told my sister, I was more numb then relieved. I knew it was an accomplishment, but I didn't really feel anything. I even stopped therapy a few weeks later. I had nothing to say. I wasn't numb, I just needed time and space to process. I recent
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Triggered When Aroused by Bardo @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Jaybro, If sympathy feels wrong, how about just looking in the mirror and accepting that what happened, happened. And then remind yourself for the millionth time that you did not ask for it, did not have control, and could not change it if your trie
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Great group of men by Bardo @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Alex, You are courageous. It is amazing that you have taken the very difficult steps to open up about your abuse and to share your thoughts with us. Thank you for your considerate input to the posts, and your great contributions to this group. We are
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i didn't need that by Obi @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

lee, so sorry that this happened to you.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: does the lying ever stop? Really struggling here. by AlexBoyd @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

WGU, I agree that we should no longer communicate. As Mishka pointed out, I did have good intentions. Help and support do not always come in the form of agreeing, validating or coddling. Good luck with your marriage. Done.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

You still said it well, a very important point. Believe it or not, the Seuss quote was on a huge sign over a walkway at Universal in Orlando. So I was already deeply steeped in my inner child when I saw that, and it left an enormous impression.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 09:00 AM

Chase Eric Great quote, better said then I could ever say. The thought and meaning are the same but his use of words are powerful. Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Kevin...the only important people in the world to you are those who stand by you, show you understanding. You let the meaningless words of those who deny your abuse or put it as something to get over it to have little value to
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: New to MS&to a relationship with a survivor (Help) by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 08:42 AM

Checking in Oriana...how are you doing? Another good place to look are at the posts on the site which talk about the faces our survivors wear in order to hide. My man always appear joyful to the outside world but it is just a mask. I have asked him n
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

Congratulations--you demonstrated courage and let your fear of disclosure go. How one feels after will be different for all of us. For me I told a stranger who had come to comfort me as I was drinking tea in a McDonald's. I was a basked case but her
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: asking a women out by PhoenixRising @ Yesterday at 08:11 AM

amcoffee, so awesome that you are out there on the field and in the game. I hope you see this as a success, and not as failure, one more step forward and one more level in the video game like world of dating and relationships. it sounds like she als
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts A trigger i had the other day by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 06:48 AM

I was using my bathroom and heared my dog barking... I remember back when I was a child that use to mean my parents were home and the abuse would be over. I stopped and froze
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i didn't need that by Bardo @ Yesterday at 06:14 AM

Lee, The trigger reaction seems as deeply imbedded in us as flinching at a punch. I guess what we learn to control is our response to it. It seems like you have come a long way in how your ability to control your reaction. Who knows if we can ever
Discussion Board Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Parenting Forum - Another Bid by Luka @ Yesterday at 06:11 AM

Hi... I would be so grateful for a place to talk about parenting issues. How do we go about organising a forum for parents (and for that matter, figuring out relationship stuff as well)...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by traveler @ Yesterday at 06:07 AM

the first person i told was someone i considered a close friend. the immediate reaction was very warm and positive and supportive. he was also a survivor - and knowing that in advance gave me the courage to take the risk of telling him. i did feel a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 05:18 AM

Hey iaccus I was in the same position as you not to long ago . I had a breakdown and almost told my old friend that I grew up with what happened to me when I was younger . But I just couldn't .. Just told him that I was dealing with some things. De
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by don64 @ Yesterday at 04:51 AM

Hi Mike, This is a huge step forward for me, and I am so surprised and feel so fortunate to have found persistence in myself. Thanks for being part of the support I need to keep taking the next step. I'm beginning to sense that love and support is
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Triggered When Aroused by JayBro @ Yesterday at 04:46 AM

For the last few weeks I have continued to be in this triggered state and whenever I am "aroused" (often it feels forced upon me) I easily slip back in time about half of the time, and when it happens it will be more likely to occur again i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by don64 @ Yesterday at 04:40 AM

Hi CJ, Thank you so much for your kindness and warmth. A major thing I love about where I live is the absence of an energy to conform. It's made it so much easier for me in the process of finding myself. I find having only my fixed Social Securit
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by don64 @ Yesterday at 04:27 AM

Hi GK, This really is a painful but productive shift. In many respects it is the product of 45 years of a conscious effort to stay alive long enough to heal. My CSA and physical abuse left me without a reference point within myself. Consequently,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts i didn't need that by traveler @ Yesterday at 04:21 AM

A couple of days ago, my wife said, “Look what your brother posted on facebook.” (Actually, he is not my brother, but my HALF-brother – younger son of my mom and step-dad.) I looked before I thought about it. it was a photo of my HALF-brother’s fathe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feeling hysterical and out of control by don64 @ Yesterday at 03:45 AM

Hi Acorn2Oak, I don't understand why people don't like puns atoll either. Makes no sense to me. I look forward to checking out calmclinic, and I do like tapping and have for years, I just forget about it. Thanks for the reminder and thanks for yo
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.