Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (ethereo222, susie, Doubter), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441784 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by unhappycamper @ 07/22/14 10:19 PM

I'd like to see a similar pic of the guy who got me, but I thino he was much older than this teen perp. I find it hard to see even this kid so beaten up, but fortunately, it sounds like he got caught early in his career. John
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts csa and sexual dysfunction by ethereo222 @ 07/22/14 09:41 PM

I hope this topic is permitted in this forum. I have found a couple of older threads in other areas, but I'd like to start one of my own, as I do feel this relates to recovery. I can directly connect with my childhood abuse my lifelong difficulty wi
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by gettingstronger @ 07/22/14 09:29 PM

Here's one more. It helped me start the process of cuddling the little boy who had all these things happen.... I laid on the floor for somewhere around two hours, crying my head off, telling him that I'm here now and he's safe (among many other thin
Introductions
Jump to new posts hello my brothers by wild_turky @ 07/22/14 08:40 PM

Hi to all survivors. Its always hard to start to talk because I spent my hole life suppressing the things we can share to help others. My story is .. lets start at 13 when on my birthday night it was my last abuse that ever happened to me. No.. lets
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Urges by somaticfilter @ 07/22/14 07:56 PM

I struggle with being overwhelming sexual as well. I honestly don't know if its abuse related or not except for the fact that I became that way when I was about 6 years old. I started masturbating very, very often at that age and I only stopped prett
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt and stuff by don64 @ 07/22/14 07:13 PM

Hi Txb, What is true for me is that I am the only one who can ultimately figure out what is right for me. I needed lots of help for lots of years. Shrinks, psychologists, social workers, individual therapy, group therapy, medications, and a host o
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Attraction to specific type of men- reason? by ethereo222 @ 07/22/14 07:06 PM

Okay I'll come in from left field here, 2 years after the last message. Mets, I wonder if the "look" you are drawn to is because in those features you see something positive that you admire and perhaps want to take on some of those affecta
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I still feel responsible? by 1islandboy @ 07/22/14 06:02 PM

"I don't own one ounce of shame"...and today, I believe it. But, do you know how many times I actually had to say that in order for it to be true...??? The thing is, we tend to judge our recovery through our eyes of the present. (our adul
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts what have you learned about yourself ? by HD001 @ 07/22/14 05:55 PM

So the last time H had a melt down several weeks ago he told me I needed to take a good long look in the mirror at myself. little does he know that's what I've been doing in therapy. I'm seeing a lot of things I would like to change for myself. An
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I still feel responsible? by DavoSwim @ 07/22/14 05:12 PM

Thank you for your replies. I find much truth in your answers, and aspects of my story, my truth are almost identical to segments of your stories. One common theme is that healing will come by viewing the CSA through the child's eyes. I've had a v
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I still feel responsible? by NoSimpleMachine @ 07/22/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: txbIt's weird because every story I read, I always think how the kid is not responsible. It wasn't their fault. You can see how they were tricked, or trapped or just had no other choice. But when it's me it's like I'm exempt fro
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I still feel responsible? by txb @ 07/22/14 03:43 PM

It's pretty much the same for me. I shouldn't believe that it was my fault, but I do. It's weird because every story I read, I always think how the kid is not responsible. It wasn't their fault. You can see how they were tricked, or trapped or just
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cloudyfalls by Bluedogone @ 07/22/14 03:37 PM

Thanks Chase Eric, There's not a lot anyone can do in this situation, but thanks for reaching out in this way. This is a real wake up call to me, and a reminder that I remember my signature line.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Guilt and stuff by txb @ 07/22/14 03:30 PM

Things have been pretty bad lately. I recently got diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Iím pretty gutted about it. I already have more than enough stuff wrong with me. There is a genetic link, a 1 in 10 chance of having it if you have a parent with it.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I finally told my wife by Jim1961 @ 07/22/14 03:23 PM

I know her TOO well. lol. That's why it took 21 years... So far so good, but dang everything tells me just to keep my mouth shut! BTW, I have been reading through the Adult Children of Alcoholics (and other dysfunctions...) material (the Big Red B
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cloudyfalls by KMCINVA @ 07/22/14 06:25 AM

Please keep us posted. Reading cloudyfalls posts reminds me how fragile life can be and the importance of reaching out to someone who is struggling. I will be thinking of cloudfalls and wishing the best for him. I do hope we hear from him.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: calling all christians by pufferfish @ 07/22/14 01:24 AM

Now that I reflect backward on my life - journey, I realize that God tried maybe a half-dozen times that I can think of, to pry open the door of my heart and let some light shine in. As a 6-year-old in Sunday School, there was some kind of an enligh
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cloudyfalls by pufferfish @ 07/22/14 12:59 AM

I've been there. When my memories emerged and made me feel sick inside, I felt I had to talk them out. I now know that's called an abreaction. When I did that I became aware that I had been programmed at some point that if I ever started blabbing
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: For the first time I am writing "my story" by traveler @ 07/21/14 11:37 PM

be my guest. i hope and pray that it helps in some way. LEE
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: OMG! Planet Earth is Screwed by Still @ 07/21/14 11:09 PM

I've been discussing this matter with a good number of adults. I've limited my discussion to only those adults whom 1) Greatly value their TV and its remote, 2) Are happy with all typical stuff of this shallow nation, such as their ATV, 2 new cars in
Jump to new posts Re: calling all christians by Jim1961 @ 07/21/14 10:50 PM

I got Baptized back at the 2003 Easter Vigil. Awesome experience, and I have gone back to the vigil every year since to watch the ceremony and Baptisms. Wish I could be there for yours!
Jump to new posts Re: calling all christians by victor-victim @ 07/21/14 09:39 PM

the actual ritual is scheduled for august 10. i have been very thorough in my preparations.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by Rustam @ 07/21/14 09:31 PM

It is a very healing impulse to have, sounds like you have an intuitive understanding of how healing it can be. There are books and stuff online about getting in touch with the inner child. Common techniques include writing letters back and fourth b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by dark empathy @ 07/21/14 07:18 PM

"no man who is too nice can write that way" I'm afraid you've lost me with that one Justplaneme. Do you mean me in the previo0us post, the rather scummy Percy Shelly, or Frankenstein marrying his sister? I am also utterly confused about
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by justplainme @ 07/21/14 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dark empathywhenever I have asked my friends (of both genders), exactly how they got together with their respective partners, they just talk about some sort of mysterious signals. Well I seem unable to pick up those signals, per
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.