Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by traveler @ 09/19/14 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: OxfordArms My therapist felt I should make a report to the Diocese regarding the priest, but I'm struggling with a lot of self doubt (did it happen? Am I positive? etc.) My questions are: 1. are there other survivors here who ar
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going out of town for work by TW16 @ 09/19/14 01:37 AM

Thank you for your comments. It turned out that I ended up sharing a room with my boss and a coworker. Things were not too bad. TW16
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by Castle @ 09/19/14 12:18 AM

The conference is being held at the Newark Airport Marriot, in October, as well.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by Castle @ 09/19/14 12:13 AM

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=469054&gonew=1#UNREAD http://www.wawhite.org/index.php?page=sexual-abuse-program www.rainn.org
Progress
Jump to new posts Watching my son by focusedbody @ 09/18/14 11:14 PM

Not exactly sure how this is progress, but something tells me to write this. Lately, I've been watching my son with my mother and with his mom, from whom I have been separated for four years. For a while there, I think it was very hard for me to co
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by GT13568 @ 09/18/14 10:50 PM

Yay Jude.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by GT13568 @ 09/18/14 10:49 PM

Hi Anon, I'm sorry you're having such trouble. I'm really, really sorry you feel without hope. I don't know what I can offer you - but I can listen to you. For me that's what MS is for: listening, and sharing, and gaining strength (and hope) from do
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Facebook by Jude @ 09/18/14 10:36 PM

I have to admit that my fantasy is finding that he is dead, so I can bury him (figuratively) and no longer think about what I would do in a face to face meeting. And if I found out that he'd died a painful death, well........I wouldn't be too upset.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by Jude @ 09/18/14 10:26 PM

Hey Anon, The web site for Psycholgy Today, has a "Find A Therapist" page where you can input your location, what specialty you are looking for, and other details, and it will provide a list of therapists that fit those requirements. I fou
Progress
Jump to new posts How long before this journey is worth it? by expom @ 09/18/14 10:13 PM

Its been over 10 years now since I started out on this journey of recovery. It's cost me tens of thousands of dollars in therapy, travel, meds and associated costs. I used to be able to hold down a high level job: A few years ago I had to go part-tim
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by Sailor John @ 09/18/14 10:05 PM

Hi OxfordArms, I too was abused in 1968. I hid it for over 40 yrs. with the exception of about 2 or 3 months and then hid it again. My doctor said that your brain has the ability to compartmentise the good and the bad,then puts the event in the ri
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Finding Help by Anony_mous @ 09/18/14 09:38 PM

Survivors, I am becoming increasingly desperate in search of finding any sort of hope or relief. I cannot believe how much rejection and hopelessness I am experiencing searching for help in NYC. Does anyone have any worthwhile resources? All of the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I do not want to do this by Sailor John @ 09/18/14 09:14 PM

Hi newground, I was the same way in the Navy, it seems that every doctor I had was a male doctor and dentist. Fortunately, when had seizures (blackouts), I was seen by a female doctor. That was when I realized why I didn't mind as much as a male d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by cosmos @ 09/18/14 09:07 PM

OxfordArms welcome; in 2012 I remembered the salient points of my abuse that started @? and ended at the age of 4, all I can say is that it all made sense, I made sense, I could never remember anything to just prior to turning 5 now I know why. This
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Everyone!! by lapchinj @ 09/18/14 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: txbI just had no choice. Why did I keep going back is more of a question Id like myself to answer.If you didn't have much choice getting into it I would imagine you didn't have much choice in getting out of it. Anyone who has
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: God of your mind Or the True and living God ? by nltsaved @ 09/18/14 08:37 PM

you are most certainly welcome my brother
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings & some thoughts by Sailor John @ 09/18/14 07:28 PM

Hi BobdaFarmer, Believe it or not, you have just done the hardest thing you will ever do. Telling somebody the first time is the worst. John
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scottish Independence referendum by txb @ 09/18/14 06:39 PM

Traveler, its really interesting to know that you lived here! This is my first time not being so incognito on here. I never posted where I lived before, (paranoia that someone might somehow know me) but I was kind of excited about being part of some
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what I'm doing with my life by JW1230 @ 09/18/14 06:14 PM

Hi SilentNoLonger, It may not seem like it, but you are on the path to healing...I related to the steps being too small to see sometimes, but when I am honest with myself, I am getting better a little at a time. I would love for there to be a begin
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapy? by pufferfish @ 09/18/14 06:00 PM

Hypnotism can be very powerful. I have a therapist who used hypnotherapy to great advantage in healing of dissociation caused by child abuse when I was very young. It worked with alters resulting from early child sexual abuse. It was easy to learn
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I do not want to do this by newground @ 09/18/14 05:47 PM

hey guys I wanted to post real quick to say it went ...well lol it was bad i suppose but not NEARLY as bad as it was in my head which is usually the case. It is not over yet but the surgery did happen and it was a success. now there is the healing
Male Survivors
NoSimpleMachine I understand where you are coming from. I sat in front of the abuser's house on two separate occasions. One time it was at least two hours and the second after my Mom passed and I was to go to the church where the abuse took place,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Finally kicking my abuser in the teeth (in mind) by NoSimpleMachine @ 09/18/14 02:59 PM

So for months I've been feeling like I should want to hate my abuser. Express some outrage. Vent some. But it was all emotionally dead. I even tried to imagine going to his home and having it out with him, but it was just images, no real emotional im
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Will it ever get better by journey4two @ 09/18/14 12:56 PM

I try to be mindful of my "self care' (something my T and everything I read really stresses). Falling under that category for me is also reading books/articles on my issues. (Head knowledge has always been my "refuge"...often to a fa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Public to the rescue! ****TRIGGERS***** by Obi @ 09/18/14 12:06 PM

i should really stop reading the news. the more i read the more depressed and upset i get... the arizona cardinals deactivated one of their players for domestic abuse... *shakes head*.... and people are still wondering why this is happening. why i
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.