Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
6 registered (Suwanee, highflight, GT13568, 3 invisible), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441974 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Wondering if I'm alone by fhorns @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

It's good to know I'm not alone. The first thought when I wrote that was "what if I want to be alone?!" It's unhealthy, yes. I'm realizing, and have been for some time, that I chose this loneliness. Not having to face rejection and cr
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Finally feeling whole by irishguym @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

I'd posted around these parts in the past. I like many was caught in a vicious cycle of trying to figure out my sexuality and trying to figure if/how it related to the abuse I'd suffered. It was a lengthy painful journey. After trying as hard as
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

in our industry, there is supervisor who is also a serial sexual predator. he has assaulted and molested several young women through various methods both subtle and sinister. using the power of his position of authority he gains access to interns
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still Wowed...WoR Chester, CT by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

nothing i could see in the vancouver, bc, kanada zone. scarce recovery resources up here in the great north. --------------notes----------------------------- British Columbia provincial population: 4.61 million (2.46 live in the greater vanc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I defer to Ken Singer by WriterKeith @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Ken Singer's comment on "Do I Have to Forgive?"
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by Still @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

We just had a likely false-accusation at a local school. I know a bit of inside info...enough to know I will never be alone with any minor (other than my kids) ever. Avoiding that situation still would not have gotten this teacher out of trouble and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still Wowed...WoR Chester, CT by WriterKeith @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

VV, Here is the link to the Weekend of Recovery 2014 calendar: WOR 2014 Schedule The fee is a "gulp," but it is justified when calculating the expenses of producing the WOR events. MS posts that some assistance is available on the registration f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Still Wowed...WoR Chester, CT by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

great news, and good to hear. thanks for the inspirational cheer. i wonder if they have those weekends in my city?
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: William Wordsworth by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

The Forsaken The peace which other seek they find; The heaviest storms not longet last; Heaven grants even to the guiltiest mind An amnesty for what is past; When will my sentence be reversed? I only pray to know the worst; And wish as if my heart w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Still Wowed...WoR Chester, CT by randombreeze @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

How much healing can possibly occur over the course of just one weekend? Since returning from CT two weeks ago, I feel affirmed, accepted, and for the first time in my 56 year life....fully loved. Never have I been capable of feeling anything ne
Poetry
Jump to new posts William Wordsworth by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

Daffodils I wandered lonely as a cloud That floats on high o'er vales and hills, When all at once I saw a crowd, A host, of golden daffodils; Beside the lake, beneath the trees, Fluttering and dancing in the breeze. Continuous as the stars that shi
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Daily Meditation by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

thoughts for today... Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Give us this day our daily bread. Th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: appropriate for a wife to confront husband's perp? by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

confronting the spouses abuser? very risky and may cause stress for the survivor. it may be viewed as a breach of trust if the disclosure was meant to be private. could backfire without professional guidance. probably best to get the spouses per
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt and stuff by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

TXB, please remember that you are not alone on this website. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder years ago and while there is a genetic component to it there is also an environmental factor as well. I am no expert but I think that is tru
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Bob, what a wonderful post.
Humor
Jump to new posts old tv shows from the 1960s by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

dance like nobody is watching
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Its Never Too Late to Have a Great Childhood by randombreeze @ Yesterday at 01:18 PM

Thought provoking concept(parenting oneself) and so relevant to my own journey moving forward. Many years of self loathing, while at the same time being the best parent I knew how to for my now three grown, and successful children, left me still de
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: dogzilla by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 01:13 PM

and now... the most anticipated showdown in history. the ultimate battle between two legends of the screen. the final fight to see who will rule the dinosaurs. GODZILLA versus BARNEY
Jump to new posts Re: I give them all my power by gaatt @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: fhornsI give (women) all my power. Hi fhorns, The only thing I've found that seems to help me take it back is getting in touch with my anger and de-demonizing men. Yes, I give my power away to women too and I generally regret
Jump to new posts Re: Simply: how the hell do I do this? by gaatt @ Yesterday at 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: fhornsI'M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND MOM! Thanks fhorns. I'm with you on that one. I'm not totally sure how this healing thing works. I just stumble along getting into trouble fairly regularly looking for places that are safe enoug
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: dogzilla by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

SHARK versus PORK SHARK:1 PORK:0 stay calm, this could never happen in real life. no pigs were hurt during the making of this gif.
Jump to new posts Re: Wondering if I'm alone by gaatt @ Yesterday at 12:51 PM

Hi fhrons, Nope, you are definitely not alone. My last two posts (Guilt anyone?) and (Any Mothers Here?) are exactly about wanting a safe mother figure with whom I could get a more realistic understanding of what happened to me (and what was/is goin
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: dogzilla by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

i actually own this movie on DVD. made in 1965 with the original all-star television cast. it is a real cliffhanger. here is one of my favourite scenes. SHARK versus BAT yes the scene really is that ridiculous. don't
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: SWEET Justice! by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

there was also John Coffey... the innocent character in the movie GREEN MILE that was "caught in the act". he was beaten, arrested, imprisoned, tried, convicted, sentenced to death, and executed. and yet in real life, often the gui
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Do I have to forgive? by Jonathan64 @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

The more pain and trauma we carry in our hearts given to us by our perpitrators, the harder it is to forgive them. For example, I am coping with 13 years of childhood sexual abuse trauma folowed by 3 more years after my 18th birthday. That feels so i
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.