Newest Members
garyPGH, Z63, Momiji, ja16, winter-rain
12660 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (30), ChevyMan76 (47), cuda (49), swartzhund (43), wdf9 (71)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12660 Members
74 Forums
65036 Topics
454861 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This King's Speech by victor-victim @ 04/17/15 04:33 PM

as i struggle to lift 35 pounds at my physiotherapy, and feel the triumph of small victories, i can totally relate to this boy's accomplishment!! what seems easy to most, often seems nearly impossible to a few. for some, it is. when a small vict
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Real Me by Judd @ 04/17/15 04:32 PM

Thanks for sharing that powerful moment husk, maybe a few of us can have a moment like this too
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I need advice on stopping flashbacks by Ocellaris @ 04/17/15 03:42 PM

I havenít posted here in a while, but Iíve been having a tough time in recent days. Iím not sure what has triggered this, but for the past few days I keep reliving the first time my abuser coerced me into sexual activity. I keep seeing his face and h
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Standing Up for the Family Scapegoats, Trevor Todd by Nothing Man @ 04/17/15 03:40 PM

I am also interested in your professional and medical qualifications to cast such judgments. I suspect there are none.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Winhamness introduction - massive vent by Nothing Man @ 04/17/15 03:30 PM

Hi W. I think you are making good decisions. I hope you know that you are not alone in this struggle. Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living next door to my mother (abuser) by lapchinj @ 04/17/15 03:13 PM

Hey iaccus, All I can say is WOW. I brought my parents up from Florida about 7 years ago. I built an addition to my house so they could have their own private life but having my family to help if need be. My father was 100 years old this past April
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by KMCINVA @ 04/17/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: SmartShadow!!!Trigger Warning!!! Some of my ssa is conected for a need to be loved and valued. Some of it is conected to a need to be abused, discarded and extinguished. If I think about being loved and cared for by a man the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Trust by Magellan @ 04/17/15 01:10 PM

Reflecting on some recent experiences and disappointments and some life long difficulties this morning. I have a profoundly hard time trusting people. And as a consequence, I am unable to develop any close or intimate relationships with others. I'm
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with Loss by Obi @ 04/17/15 01:06 PM

Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by SmartShadow @ 04/17/15 11:50 AM

!!!Trigger Warning!!! 1lifenow, It sounds like you have found the truth and the path that makes sense for you and maybe for others here as well. And I am glad you have found a way to find freedom and love. With all do respect, I wonder if you coul
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
I am so glad to see this discussion. I have self-identified as gay for 46 years, and recently, after moving out some more old suppressed energy, have wondered if it is just as likely that I may have turned out straight or bi as gay had I not been ab
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by Jay1946 @ 04/17/15 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: CafeMan As we all know, sexual development can be awkward and challenging for non abused boys. However, when you add the issues of CSA and the constant reinforcement of a man touching you during puberty, it does increase your
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "Oh, no - not again!" TRIGGERS? by Obi @ 04/17/15 11:17 AM

Yes, I do have those moments. They become less and less with time from working on my recovery.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by CafeMan @ 04/17/15 09:44 AM

I was denied so much by my abuser. While I sincerely appreciate your input, I will not let you DENY what I am feeling or how I may express it or how I should handle it. I applaud your decision to find a solution to your previous agony. I am please
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This King's Speech by bluesky @ 04/17/15 09:38 AM

All most people need to succeed is some one to believe in them, some one that will not give up on them and show them that it is possible to overcome hardship. Thanks for sharing. Bluesky
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Real Me by woodenshoes @ 04/17/15 09:35 AM

Husky Its part of you. Interesting read. Ws
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: DAD/SON Incest Sexual Fetish by Blessedcurse @ 04/17/15 09:27 AM

This is a really interesting thread. I think it's a good thing to start thinking about own sexual behaviour with an open mind. What is hurting me and what is healing? What do I have to reevaluate when getting to know myself better? To me it is impos
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: "Oh, no - not again!" TRIGGERS? by traveler @ 04/17/15 09:16 AM

i am just curious: When i wrote and posted this poem i was trying to express and describe what it felt like to me at the moment of realization that i was again a victim of CSA - not the actual act and physical sensations of the event, but the mental
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cleared My Schedule--It Was A Good Day by Landscape @ 04/17/15 08:30 AM

Sounds like a great day. Congratulations.
Poetry
Jump to new posts The Real Me by concerned_husky @ 04/17/15 08:25 AM

The Real Me Something happened today... You might like it, it's never happened before. I was smoking and writing, adding line after line... like I usually do... lost in thought, jotting down anything and everything that comes to mind... being caref
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living next door to my mother (abuser) by PhoenixRising @ 04/17/15 07:00 AM

Totally get it. As my father is dying, I realize I have spent my whole life trying to prove my worth to him and my mother; and I feel I have failed. I am exhausted emotionally and physically and feel no outlet for what I have experienced. My father w
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living next door to my mother (abuser) by Blessedcurse @ 04/17/15 06:26 AM

You are not alone in this and I don't think it's weakness. I did the same as long as I had contact with the parents and even after breaking all ties whith the physical persons I keep doing it in my mind. Keep trying to live up to their standards, usi
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How abuse made me unable to accept I'm bisexual by 1lifenow @ 04/17/15 05:19 AM

Some really great in sites. There is no question that the CSA represses your expression of your sexuality. I can appreciate how tough that is to desire both, so i think the key is to find a partner who is cool with it. Sadly for many of us , it tak
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by 1lifenow @ 04/17/15 04:57 AM

The simple and true answer is NO. Is it an appreciation of a beautiful body whether female or male? Its not what it has come to mean on this site. Tainted mainly by religious origins(it is not a recognized psychological term) with the archaic concep
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Back For a Visit by sorryson @ 04/17/15 04:49 AM

Jude I have read some of you posts and I am so glad you are moving past the abuse. It helps me as I am trying to move on know it can be done. I hope to be where you are one of these days. Thank you for givng us hope and a goal we can achieve. Paul
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.