Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
8 registered (CafeMan, Mike Boyd, I Want 2 Thrive, TJ jeff, 4 invisible), 70 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438361 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Yesterday at 02:39 AM

Thanks
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 01:10 AM

I just heard the bad news from Toddop and even though I didn't know the man I just thought that it would be appropriate for me to post something. This was a very moving song by Elton John that he played at the funeral of Ryan White a teen I followed
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Whistleblowers on C-SPAN by pufferfish @ Yesterday at 12:19 AM

Important issue: http://www.c-span.org/video/?318762-1/challenges-facing-whistleblowers Many male survivors have become involved in whistleblowing as they revealed their abuse. The panel also discusses the issue of torture. Puffer
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Serial Child Molester Commits Suicide by concerned_husky @ 04/22/14 11:54 PM

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/04/2.../7731398196349/ Summary - teacher molested at least 90 underaged boys at multiple schools around the world. He committed suicide before they could arrest him. I knew this man. Bone-chilling.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by kcinohio @ 04/22/14 11:25 PM

Find I can't worry about others' honesty that much when it comes to recovery issues, including recovery from CSA. What I need to focus on is my honesty - my being willing to put myself out there. Being honest about things, such as my struggles with
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I screwed up by Castle @ 04/22/14 11:15 PM

Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I screwed up by Castle @ 04/22/14 11:14 PM

Do you find your brother struggling in life? Relationships?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher/Student relationships by genedebs @ 04/22/14 11:08 PM

If it is of interest to you, DavoSwim, there are requirements under Title IX of the civil rights act that not only should it be reported, but the school is required to inform parents, staff, and students how to report, their to annonymity, and the pr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by kcinohio @ 04/22/14 10:56 PM

Thanks for your post. Getting the anger out is a good thing to do. You have a right to it. There are many pathways up the "mountain," so hoping you find yours to a healing place.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by genedebs @ 04/22/14 10:47 PM

My older brother was one my perps. He does not think there is anything to ask forgiveness for. He believes it is natural for one individual who experienced some csa is normal to do that to others. When I was making my 9th step amends (in a 12 ste
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all. Confused and new to this. by kcinohio @ 04/22/14 10:44 PM

Hi teba, Thanks for your introduction. I hope you find the ms forums helpful and healing. There are a lot of men with experience handling these matters and recovery here. Welcome to MS.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by Castle @ 04/22/14 10:40 PM

I think a good part of it comes down to the offender accepting responsibility for their actions. Additionally, without rationalizing "why" it happened...just that it did and that person knows it may have negatively effected the survivors l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by traveler @ 04/22/14 09:43 PM

blockade - i am not the best one to speak to this, but will add what i can. i had a friend whose older brothers were early perps. he desperately wanted to have a good relationship with them based upon truth. he wished more than anything that they h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by toddop @ 04/22/14 09:20 PM

Matt, My fellow survivor, my brother-in-arms, my dear friend. There comes a time in every warrior’s journey where he lays down his sword, turns from the battle, and moves on a different path. You have been a truly influential part of my own heali
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by KMCINVA @ 04/22/14 09:17 PM

Lee Sorry for your loss of a friend. One thing Matt's untimely passing made me realize--at MS we bond in many ways because we share a common past--that none of wished we had lived nor we would wish it on anyone else. We are vulnerable and open our
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by traveler @ 04/22/14 08:55 PM

i first "met" Matt on these forums about the time he joined. i responded to one of his posts and soon we were PMing. we discovered we had both applied to attend the WoR at Peebles, OH in Oct of 2013. both of us were glad that there would
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by blockade @ 04/22/14 08:44 PM

I'm really glad to hear that Rich. It's good to know there is hope my brother and I can have a good relationship too. Thanks for the response.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Gordon Stuckless pleads guilty to 100 charge by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/22/14 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ShortedDiodeHopefully this time he gets thrown in prison for a long, long time UNDER the prison...
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by Suwanee @ 04/22/14 08:25 PM

Thank you for that. I know Matt was a big fan. Will
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by Rambler @ 04/22/14 08:22 PM

It's okay to find the faith to saunter forward With no fear of shadows spreading where you stand And you'll breathe easier just knowing that the worst is all behind you And the waves that tossed the raft all night have set you on dry land - The Moun
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts My life thus far. The long version ***TRIGGERS*** by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/22/14 08:05 PM

A survivor is born... Some of my early life is pieced together from family stories, and the notes from the child psychologist who treated me early in my childhood, due to physical abuse but that's getting ahead of the story. I was not just from a bl
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Low Testosterone by pufferfish @ 04/22/14 07:20 PM

I am struggling with this problem. Dr. Oz had a segment of his program today on this. He presented a doctor who has written a book about it. I've assembled several links to Oz programs on this subject (not in any particular order): The book is by
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Gordon Stuckless pleads guilty to 100 charge by ShortedDiode @ 04/22/14 07:16 PM

Despite pleading guilty to 100 of the most recently laid charges, Gordon Stuckless pleaded innocent to a number of others so he still has to face trail for those ones so he won't be given a sentence until that's finished. Hopefully this time he gets
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Child Abuse affects 1 in 3 Adults by ShortedDiode @ 04/22/14 07:03 PM

This research was done with respect to all genders and all forms of child abuse so it isnt limited to covering male survivors only which is why the ratio is so high, but with numbers like this, child abuse in general would be considered a massive epi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by jj78 @ 04/22/14 05:10 PM

Matt-I'm so sad to hear this news, but know you are in a better place. May you now rest in peace!
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.