Newest Members
scorpus, anitab, NEGuy, Adaylight, lookingforhealin
12698 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mitzi (43)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12698 Members
75 Forums
65296 Topics
456616 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting quick article...kids/sleepovers by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

I don't have children so if my views are inconsistent with the majority of parents, that may be why. What I do have are two wonderful nephews with whom I am very close. The older nephew is amazing...now 26. I couldn't be prouder of him. When older
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: visions/flashbacks poss. triggers be warned by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Hi BB. Flashbacks seem to be the mind's way of saying it now wants to talk about something that happened that it did not wish to deal with before. This is according to my therapist. So, in a therapeutic session we talked about the abuse which was
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: visions/flashbacks poss. triggers be warned by banterings @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Hey betrayed boy, Flashbacks and feelings I have about certain events (body memories) are the only way I know my abuse happened in a medical setting. On one hand I fear them because of the feelings that they stir up, on the other hand I welcome th
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Ever-fixed Mark @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

To clarify, this article says only that they've taken the program off their schedule, not that the program has been cancelled.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Interesting quick article...kids/sleepovers by target687 @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

http://www.challies.com/articles/why-my-family-doesnt-do-sleepovers I thought this was a good article. I don't have children yet, so never occurred to me to even think that way. Anyone feel this way? Thoughts or feelings.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Feelings of guilt and shame by smc1972 @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

This might seem like a stupid post and it is probly just me overthinking things. As I have only really been learning and trying to wrap my mind around my past and it is like the more I do the more shame I have and guilt I have with myself. I can't e
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Keeps me alive by BuffaloCO @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

What keeps me going and alive is knowing that He rescued me. Me moving forward is winning, God wins, I win, they loose. I am no longer just the left over shell of some used up kid, I am redeemed. I still make mistakes, no way am perfect, but I am
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: depressed .. Isolated .. Anxiety ....more rambling by smc1972 @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Trying, I can relate to how you feel so know you are not the only one. Dealing with this for me is fairly new. I have spent all my life trying to just push it away. That it was me and what happened was not a big deal. I kept saying to myself how I
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? by Hanuman @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

I have found Belleruth Naparstek Guided Imagery and Affirmation (CD) http://www.healthjourneys.com/Store/Products/Healing-Trauma-PTS-Health-Journeys/19 - helpful in my search. She begins with "I declare my intention to heal myself in body, mi
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

And not a word of sympathy from Mike Huckabee about the victims. Says a lot.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Chase Eric @ Yesterday at 09:57 AM

Mike Huckabee's FaceBook Post: Originally Posted By: Mike HuckabeeJanet and I want to affirm our support for the Duggar family. Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, 'inexcusable,' but that doesn’t mean 'unfo
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Explaining medication history by bcl092 @ Yesterday at 09:06 AM

In general, I hate Doctors, more Psychiatrists but I'm sure there are a few good Doctors and not Psychiatrists. Anyway, I found this funny. I had to go to an Endocrinologist a few days ago. Usually everyone asks why I was on just about every medicati
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

How "standing by Josh" blames the victims, once again: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/23...Going-to-Church
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:36 AM

And another about how the dysfunctionality of the Duggar family could have contributed to his terrible acts: http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/..._some_pity.html
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Here is an enlightening article about why "purity" and its onus on children is harmful: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/05/22/the-duggars-dangerous-cult-of-purity/
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

Pretty hard to believe that Mike Huckabee would actually take Josh's side on this. Does he think that the abuse was actually not Josh's fault?
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: .gay for me. by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

Goran, I am really happy that you are able to vent your feelings of frustration. This has to be cathartic for you. Keep it up. Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: depressed .. Isolated .. Anxiety ....more rambling by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:17 AM

Tryingtolive, you are absolutely not alone. Many of us have felt exactly as you do right now. Please try to remember that your abuse did not just happen, your brother chose to do it to you. Children cannot consent, they can only comply, and having
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ Yesterday at 07:22 AM

Banterings that was beautiful. He has helped so many here. I just hope they have not pushed him into one of those dissociative episodes where he disappears for a few days. I know his family took delight in putting him in those conditions, we loved t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: depressed .. Isolated .. Anxiety ....more rambling by manipulated @ Yesterday at 07:01 AM

Trying, You are among friends here. I, and many others have been in the darkness too. Please feel free to post what you feel. It helps to get it out and NO ONE here doubts you, or the abuse. Your brother violated your youth and it is a big deal. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts depressed .. Isolated .. Anxiety ....more rambling by Tryingtolive @ Yesterday at 04:49 AM

Still haven't really improved on any of these symptoms ... . I'll have a really good day I'm motivated and my mind is clear and the next I'm a different person . A different mind set . I have days where All I want to do is sleep then I have days whe
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by tbkkfile @ Yesterday at 01:50 AM

For anyone interested in what a politician thinks scroll down https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee?fref=nf
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by banterings @ Yesterday at 12:02 AM

Kevin, I know that you are checking this thread looking for a hand to pull you out of that dark place that you are in. I know this because I have been there before. We all have. I too was having a bad day and came to Male Survivors to post because
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: survivors forgiving perps need not be swift by Mishka95673 @ Yesterday at 12:01 AM

Wow...you went through hell. I am so glad to see how well you have worked your way through it - very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? by focusedbody @ 05/22/15 11:58 PM

Gaatt: Wendy Maltz's book "The Sexual Healing Journey" has a good list of ways to think about sex that are healthy. I'm not sure they are affirmations exactly, but they do help guide one's thinking in a good direction. I think I have als
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.