Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (Sonata1), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446697 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shaming Dream by manipulated @ 11/22/14 11:12 PM

Jed, I started dealing with the sex abuse from age 11 to 16 by my assistant scoutmaster only after a break from my usual self - literally 45 years after it started. Six months into therapy I started remembering my dreams for the first time in my lif
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: At that point with Mom by don64 @ 11/22/14 08:49 PM

Hi FB, I observe my anxiety seeming to remain constant or escalate. I observe myself feeding it with medication, food, sugar. The surplus food and sugar makes me sicker physically. This is ongoing right now. I have re-entered the world of people
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: So this is me by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 07:58 PM

sometimes, i read a story, and it makes me sad. but whenever i hear about choirmasters and pastors and such. i get cloudy with anger. sorry, but just that word triggered me badly. such betrayal. it hurts just to think about it. you should neve
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi, Family member here by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 07:51 PM

yes... i am afraid it does affect every aspect of your life. right down to the roots. i hope our stories can help you with your empathy and understanding. i have been married 23 years. not easy.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Thank You by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 07:49 PM

everything i went through is posted here somewhere. you may not like what you see. it must be told. if it helps anyone understand what is really going on in this world, and if it even saves one child from going through what i did, or if my stor
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 07:43 PM

welcome to our corner of the web. i sincerely hope that you find something to work with here. there is a world within our world wherein we survivors of SA exist. i am truly sorry that you have found yourself here, however... i wish you well on y
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: It is time... by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 07:34 PM

welcome. i hope our stories will help you understand your problems. that is why i bare and share my soul here. what good is my suffering if it does not help others.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: dew introduction by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 07:32 PM

i feel for you. i can listen. i can respond. i can care. i can share. this place has been helping me heal for over ten years. i sincerely hope it will do some good for you. welcome to ms.org.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rule number one by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 07:27 PM

much appreciated, kcinohio. i try so hard. it's nice to be appreciated. i haven't written anything for sooo long, but with all the stress i have endured in the past few years, it seems to be all coming out in one big burst. am i blessed? or
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts At that point with Mom by focusedbody @ 11/22/14 07:17 PM

Having been through a lot of roundabout discussion with my mother, I'm at the point where it feels like the true unconscious material might be engaged. What comes to mind at this moment is a quote from William James: Common-sense says, we lose our
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Concerns regarding a boy and his family by catfish86 @ 11/22/14 07:12 PM

I agree with Jude. I know at certain points in my life, I was so confused I really didn't understand what I was doing was screwed up nor that what had been done to me was screwed up. I would certainly make a report to the number listed.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by catfish86 @ 11/22/14 06:54 PM

I also have been going to AA meetings. I am a little over 4 years sober. That is the longest period in my entire life from birth. I started when I had been scheduled to attend a family church camp. When I started thinking about packing beer is wh
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: dew introduction by dew @ 11/22/14 06:07 PM

Thanks for the words of welcome, gents. My fingernails are taking a chewing this weekend from the stress of starting to get involved here, but I'm telling myself this is bit like the first day of school. In a short time, the jitters will be gone and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by JW1230 @ 11/22/14 06:05 PM

David, I totally agree with Nothing Man... sometimes it is too much to think past today. Just focus on making that commitment not to drink just for today... I get into trouble when I start thinking about tomorrow, or the weekend, or the holidays...J
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by Nothing Man @ 11/22/14 05:29 PM

David, I just keep taking it one day at a time. Each morning I commit to not drinking for just that day. Tomorrow can take care of itself. Good luck, I am rooting for you. You are jittery right now because you are withdrawing. Those symptoms wi
Poetry
Jump to new posts S.O.S ... --- ... by victor-victim @ 11/22/14 12:33 PM

lkjha#@kblkjgfd4sal(#)*%_(*#&dsal4kja lv;aw9u4;li i am very upset right now. \ someone started harassing my home on wednesday by phone, so i stopped answering, then they started calling my wife at work. she came home angry. we have been arg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by OCN @ 11/22/14 12:31 PM

He David, First of all GREAT STEP! I know how difficult it is to quit drinking, i'm working on trying to stop too. As for stop feeling anxious, i think it's good to see if you can let the anxious feeling be without trying to get rid of it or fight
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shaming Dream by finallyhere @ 11/22/14 08:33 AM

Jed, you described the secrecy as a poison. I could not agree more. We cannot control the dreams. As we heal they lessen. I used to blame myself for them too. Only after accepting that I can only control my thoughts while awake did I stop the self sh
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: dew introduction by JW1230 @ 11/22/14 05:04 AM

Welcome Dew, I am glad you found this site. It is comforting in and of itself to finally feel like we are not alone. You have taken a huge step just by introducing yourself as a male survivor! I hope that you find the support here (that I have) t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A benchmark...feels like headway by learning2remember @ 11/22/14 04:53 AM

Ok. This is a little confusing. I was starting this thread because I thought I'd gotten somehwere, and was even thinking maybe this is how closure starts. I keep hearing people suggest that maybe now that I've realised what I've realised, though, t
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: its not easy by traveler @ 11/22/14 02:21 AM

well done, newground! Keep trying! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My first day of Sobriety by tbkkfile @ 11/22/14 12:37 AM

Well I've got through to Saturday, that's a major achievement, I don't think that I've ever gone that long without a drink for as long as I can remember. Today's tough now that it's a weekend, we've arranged to go out for a family meal and I'm drivi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Concerns regarding a boy and his family by Jude @ 11/21/14 11:59 PM

TW16, The kid is getting intensive therapy, while still living with someone who rapes him at knifepoint? The rapist gets shared custody? There's some thing wrong with this picture. It seems implausible that a judge would not consider a charge of r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shaming Dream by Jude @ 11/21/14 11:36 PM

Hey Jed, I had been troubled by constant nightmares. Some sexual, some violent, some both. They kept me in a constant state of fear that I would never escape "it". The fact is that nightmares are one of the defining symptoms of PTSD, and
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: dew introduction by kcinohio @ 11/21/14 11:30 PM

thanks for your intro dew. Hope you find MS to be helpful.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.