Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (MrEdd, JW1230, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444149 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch! by tbkkfile @ Yesterday at 01:13 AM

Hey Victor, glad to hear that everythings OK and that you're doing well.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by Anony_mous @ 09/19/14 10:37 PM

Castle, thank you, this is great, I wasn't aware of these resources. Thank you!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by Anony_mous @ 09/19/14 10:32 PM

Thank you for the welcome and compassion. Unfortunately, right now I'm in a place where any sort of crack feels like it will open to floodgates and I don't trust my resources to do that. I'm sure that you can relate. Thank you for your willingness to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by Anony_mous @ 09/19/14 10:30 PM

Thank you so much. I am currently awaiting an intake appointment there, which is weeks from now and they're availability seems so limited. It's over an hour travel time, but I'm definitely willing to follow through and do what I need to. Thanks again
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Rise above the Storm"...(my new tattoo) by victor-victim @ 09/19/14 09:46 PM

congrats on the tat. i love my body, and i love my tattoos. they tell stories and start conversations. i have earned my scars, and i have always considered tattoos as beautiful scars. it is a positive twist on an old bad habit of self mutilation
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch! by victor-victim @ 09/19/14 09:32 PM

latest update: fingernail is finally falling off. still stuck on like a big bad hangnail. good news is... there is a fully formed fingernail underneath. it might look fairly normal after this is all over.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Well Sh**!! by Still @ 09/19/14 09:07 PM

If I were a rich man.... Damn Jay! I'm supposed to have this! May it go to a good collection. Jay's Board!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Will it ever get better by gettingstronger @ 09/19/14 09:01 PM

Absolutely. Love and peace to all of you who love a survivor. If I could, I'd pay to fly you all so you could be together, and I'd throw in a case of wine (and cookies) for good measure. I see in you what I see in my wife, and it's amazing. Bob
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it so difficult? by Still @ 09/19/14 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: PhoenixRising He wants to live fully. Why the fuck does it have to be so difficult? Being at the end of your description is not why I selected those sentences. They are the words that resonate, and I do not mean that in any
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: God of your mind Or the True and living God ? by victor-victim @ 09/19/14 08:31 PM

i have been busy building houses of sticks and straws and stones, and many have collapsed and burnt down and blown over, but my foundation of faith in christ is as firm as forever. i have been saved. i will be transformed. i have survived. i w
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by JayBro @ 09/19/14 06:59 PM

Hey SayItRight! It is my pleasure to post here on this forum. I thought about what I would have benefitted from and (rightly) assumed that others would also. That's why I requested Male Survivor create this particular message board. I remember the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I do not want to do this by Sven @ 09/19/14 05:21 PM

Good to hear it went well! And yeh... It's always way worse in our head then in reality it seems huh. Keep us up to date... Good to hear from you!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Finding Help by PhoenixRising @ 09/19/14 05:16 PM

When I was in NYC, I was fortunate to have found Crime Victims Treatment Center (http://cvtcnyc.org/sexual_assault.html) I don't know what they offer now, but 5 years ago I was able to receive free treatment ( 2 therapists each time) and was also abl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Why is it so difficult? by PhoenixRising @ 09/19/14 05:00 PM

Long ago, a boy was born. The parents wanted a girl to even things out, but he confounded them and arrived early, either he or the mother was at risk so they cut him out. He was always the youngest boy. The youngest of 3. He shared a bedroom. When he
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by KMCINVA @ 09/19/14 03:57 PM

Oxford There may have been reports against him, but years ago the Diocese would just transfer the priest. The Bishop from my Diocese admitted destroying records and shuffling priest around to give them a fresh start. I bet most of these priest are n
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Rise above the Storm"...(my new tattoo) by JW1230 @ 09/19/14 02:11 PM

Hi Islandboy, I am so happy for you that you have gained so much of your free-spirit back and that you have claimed back your body and your sexuality. You give me hope that someday I too may claim ownership of my body, give it the love and respect
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Rise above the Storm"...(my new tattoo) by GT13568 @ 09/19/14 01:38 PM

Quote:For me is is a positive daily affirmation that this is my body... Well said, island. This is such an important feeling, and a tattoo is a powerful reminder to have. Congratulations!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by OxfordArms @ 09/19/14 01:00 PM

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and for the encouragement. I would be willing to continue my own personal recovery on my own terms, except that the priest who abused me 30 years ago is still active in a parish with a school. If he was reti
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts "Rise above the Storm"...(my new tattoo) by 1islandboy @ 09/19/14 12:03 PM

I shared many times in chat that I wanted to get a, "Broken" tattoo. You know there is a small part of me that will never heal. which reminds me of the saying, "The scars remind me of my courage." And trust me, I get that I
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scottish Independence referendum by txb @ 09/19/14 11:35 AM

Iím disappointed. Along with 1.6 million other people. My twitter feed is jammed with people joining the SSP or the SNP now though, and #dontvotelabourscotland was trending earlier. (Cameron doesnít need to remove Scottish voting powers. Labour shot
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scottish Independence referendum by Jay1946 @ 09/19/14 10:48 AM

Seen from afar, I believe that the Scotish referendum is a model of "best practice" on dealing with such a difficult, thorny, and invariably emotional issue such as becoming an independent nation. These matters ussually evolve into violen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what I'm doing with my life by dark empathy @ 09/19/14 10:14 AM

I want to say something comforting, insiteful or helpful, but I just can't at the moment, accept that yeah, I pretty much could've written a lot of your post, particularly all the bits about feeling so alone and stuck. There are days whe I think th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by KMCINVA @ 09/19/14 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: OxfordArmsThrough the process of intensive therapy, I was able to recover memories of being abused by a priest when I was in grade school. I have clearer memories of being abused by an uncle as well. My therapist felt I should m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Priest Abuse / Recovered Memory Question by motmcd @ 09/19/14 09:13 AM

Howdy, OxfordArms. Welcome to MS. I'm sorry for you troubles and fully understand, as do many of us here, the doubt and trepidation you are dealing with at the moment. I always say there are 12 different ways to do anything, so each of us here ha
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ten Years by tbkkfile @ 09/19/14 08:43 AM

A relative newbie on here but sadly not to life. Not sure what I would have done if I hadn't found you guys. David
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.