Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (bluesky, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443328 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Just how many mistakes do they need to make by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

trigger warning! Hundreds of children have been systematically raped, beaten and sex trafficked in a northern English town for more than 12 years. And it is still going on, a government commissioned report says. The city's government recently ma
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: How do you nurture your inner infant? by gaatt @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Hi Don, Thanks! it's very helpful for me to hear of your journey to heal the infant in you. Originally Posted By: don64 My experience is that the trauma written in infancy is particularly hard to shift, but it is happening for me day by day. Ver
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

I am a survivor and can tell you CSA creates loneliness everywhere. The victim until he/she heals, knows loneliness due to fear does not allow the victim to truly connect with others, leaving those that love the victim to confront loneliness because
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by HD001 @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

Yeah tough it is. And there isn't really much point in trying to talk to H about it. He will just lie and try to manipulate his way out of any accountability. So I can't engage the crazy. He has started lying about the dumbest things. Things he
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by journey4two @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

I can so relate, sugarbaby. I will try to remember your quote on "hindsight" and making "plans to make the future better". I zig and zag between yesterday's pain and any current or future bright spot. I beat myself up when I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn't gay. I was abused and confused. by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Further thought: I'm learning the value of asking the "right" questions... I need my maleness affirmed - not my sexuality. How do I do this, when my maleness has only ever been affirmed through sex?
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: more silly signs by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

we need one of these in our red light district.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It sounds incredible. Nobody believes me. by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

OMG. I had a tonsillectomy at Walter Reed army hospital. I was only in overnight, and was heavily sedated for the surgery, so I don't recall anything about it other than waking up on a gurney, with my legs and hands strapped down, screaming bloody m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn't gay. I was abused and confused. by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Chase Eric, Thank you. You've hit the nail on the head. I coming to believe sexuality in general is more fluid, but even that is not the issue here. Something was taken from me: innocence and choice. so where to from here? How does one "go
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Brother Hospitalized by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Sorryson, I am happy to hear your brother has been stabilized. You doctor and therapist seem to be honest but blunt and open with you about your situation. You dislike for the word "conditioned" hit me. I did not like the word when it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn't gay. I was abused and confused. by Greg56 @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

I too have been struggling with this notion. My first abuser was my older brother. I was 8 at the time and continued till I was 13. I don't really think of it as abuse because I came to like the attention. I know that this flys in the face with
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by sugarbaby @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Quote:I was such an idiot. Hindsight is 20/20 - foresight is not. For a loooong time I felt so stupid for believing in H. In my mind I trusted H and the whole thing was a lie. Make plans to make the future better.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My recent thoughts...... by sugarbaby @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

Quote:telling the victim to get over it I stepped on that landmine once. As well as many others. I'm glad you brought that up. To anyone that has ever heard that phrase, you need to understand that the person speaking (at least in my case) does
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the concept of "playing"... by Greg56 @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

it's funny that I read this article today, as last night I had a dream. The dream was set at a beach house...I was visiting, my friend and myself were teens. We had swimming trunks on and were sometimes naked. What we were doing is playing. With
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: big breakthrough out of learned helplessness by don64 @ Yesterday at 04:10 AM

Hi Geoff, What a nice thing to say to me. Thank you. Best wishes to you, too. Don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: big breakthrough out of learned helplessness by GT13568 @ Yesterday at 01:31 AM

Congratulations to you, Don. You have power. It's wonderful that you share it here. Best wishes, Geoff
Jump to new posts Re: How do you nurture your inner infant? by don64 @ Yesterday at 12:27 AM

Hi Gaatt, I was severely battered, sexually abused, smothered with pillows and manually strangled in infancy, so it's a big issue with me. It is also why it has been so tragically difficult for me to make progress in teaching myself healthier ways
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: big breakthrough out of learned helplessness by don64 @ Yesterday at 12:01 AM

HI kc, Lee and Kevin, Thank you for being here. Don
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by gaatt @ Yesterday at 12:01 AM

Hi I Want 2 Thrive, Originally Posted By: I Want 2 ThriveBeing a Navy Brat was my escape from my abuser. That's interesting. I just read the short version of your story. It feels good to me that the military protected you. There is lots about my fa
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Butterfly Effect by VASurvivor @ Yesterday at 12:00 AM

Well thank you. That movie has me a wreck right now - in a good way though.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the concept of "playing"... by don64 @ 08/27/14 11:58 PM

Playing for me is singing and playing the piano, and doing it with others. My abuse so compromised my abilities to express myself singing and playing the piano, that I am only now at age 65 seeing the possibilities of unfettered joy with my musical
Jump to new posts How do you nurture your inner infant? by gaatt @ 08/27/14 11:48 PM

Hi y'all, I was struggling with my body today and my mood after connecting with a deep seated anger at my mother's "martyr" trip. I recognized it as the anger of a newborn who was being badly neglected and subtly abused. So as I repeated a
Hi Learning2Remember, Originally Posted By: learning2remember So, I call that progress, but I didn't post it in the progress forum because I'm interested if other survivors of female abuse can relate at all. I can definitely relate. I often struggl
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I wasn't gay. I was abused and confused. by Chase Eric @ 08/27/14 09:58 PM

Quote:I mean no disrespect to the LGBT community, or anyone on this site or elsewhere who is living a gay or bi-sexual life. None taken. The lie is that a boy who is abused by another male will become gay. The other lie is that he won't. The truth
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Wife of survivor, want to introduce myself by Going forward @ 08/27/14 07:13 PM

Don't give up ; you sound committed to helping your husband recover and be the person he deserves to be. You will be amazed at the inner strength you have to help both of you have the happiness you both deserve
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.