Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (Banjo596, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447593 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Online study of early sexual experiences answered by JeffreyNYC @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

What's the survey link, please? Thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Online study of early sexual experiences answered by iaccus @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

where do we find this study?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Victim vs. Survivor by iaccus @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

wow great post
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting The Natural Order by Obi @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Still, you are correct in that survivors are not blessed angels that can do whatever we want without consequences. However, as a kid you did what you had to do to survive. Your thoughts were that of a kid and not that of a mature adult. What put you
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Cedar Park, Texas by Still @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

The behavior of that mad gang she describes is purely indicative of evil. These people are genuinely evil, thus they side with evil. I wish I could send in tons of money to the families. I wish I could make it all go away for them.
Male Survivors
I did the survey. Knowing that some elements of the survey instrument are factors in healing and ways we deal with the past, I felt horribly inadequate. It does force you to directly examine some background noise face-to-face.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Victim vs. Survivor by ninjasm @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

I sent this in a PM and thought it warrants a thread in response to someone pointing out that I see myself as a survivor. Please discuss - what do you think? How do you move forward or around or backward? What changes your perspective? Do you hate
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Online study of early sexual experiences answered by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

I like that I cannot change the past--only my reaction to it. That is so true. Once we change our reaction to the past it no longer controls us. Thank you for reminding me of that. Hope all is well.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Online study of early sexual experiences answered by Suwanee @ Yesterday at 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: KMCINVA... I had to catch myself and say I cannot change the past I can only direct the future... Spot on. My mantra is to also remember I cannot change the past-only my reaction to it. Will
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Here's hoping... by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 09:07 AM

Hi TheGreatWhat, and welcome, Congratulations on making the decision to return to college. It can be quite challenging, especially when burdened with all the emotional baggage that goes along eith CSA. If you've been out of college for awhile you pr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Online study of early sexual experiences answered by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

I took the study (Chris posted the link to) and realized I have come a way in healing. I also realized many aspects of the abuse are still with me but not as controlling or dominant as they once were in controlling my life, how I saw myself and how
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Cedar Park, Texas by highflight @ Yesterday at 08:37 AM

Found this in one of my news feeds: ------------------------------------------------------- Hope for Children If you live in Leander, Cedar Park, or other surrounding areas, you've no doubt heard the protests of the #FightForGK supporters regardi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting The Natural Order by Bardo @ Yesterday at 07:21 AM

And yet, here we are. Still listening, and still posting in support of each other. Rage on Still, I think you have the right.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: AFB on FaceBook by Bardo @ Yesterday at 07:18 AM

I certainly was not suggesting that you make it easy on him. I was suggesting that you should protect yourself. However that works for you.
Poetry
Jump to new posts it couldnt be done! by newground @ Yesterday at 04:32 AM

this was sent to me and I cant take any credit at all but it seemed so encouraging I thought I would post It Couldn’t Be Done By Edgar Albert Guest Somebody said that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” b
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Doylestown PA Group Celebrating 1 Year Anniversary by GoHomeAgain @ Yesterday at 04:10 AM

We still exist! Join us if you're in the area! PM or call me for more information. we'd love to have you! Paul
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Peer Support Group in Doylestown, PA by GoHomeAgain @ Yesterday at 04:05 AM

Just a reminder that we exist! PM me for more information. If you're in the area, join us! Paul
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Philadelphia? by GoHomeAgain @ Yesterday at 04:03 AM

Nate, I founded a group three years ago in Doylestown, in Bucks County. We are on a short hiatus, but we are about to regroup and start meeting weekly again. PM me for more information. I'll keep you posted. Paul
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Here's hoping... by traveler @ Yesterday at 02:32 AM

welcome, TheGreatWhat! just above the beginning of the current threads in this Intro forum there is a great post by Chris Anderson called "The 'Keys' or 'Seeds' of Hope." check it out. i prefer to think of hope as an attitude of positive e
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Ah - the holidays.... by tbkkfile @ Yesterday at 12:09 AM

It's very bizarre SB and I think that you're right, my Mothers version of reality and what happened is one that I really don't recognise. I understand how your H feels, it happens every time we visit, I know that it's coming, my wife knows that it's
Introductions
Jump to new posts Here's hoping... by TheGreatWhat @ 12/16/14 11:59 PM

Hello, fellow survivors, This past spring I decided to return to college to finish my degree. It has been a big step for me, trying to shed these false beliefs I have come to know as truths, such as, that I am weak, I am worthless. It is a time in m
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by victor-victim @ 12/16/14 11:54 PM

it is shocking to read. i cannot believe what is already written. your prayers will be heard. of this i am certain. thank you, OCN. send your love to the parents. may god protect those in pain. my sister and her husband and children are my
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy Issue? by wollensak @ 12/16/14 11:51 PM

Thank you so much for validating me sugarbaby! I was thinking some more about this and yes I totally agree with the "shiny and new" aspect. I'm going through this with him again and its dealt a big blow to all the relationship progress we
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Take Back My Image by lapchinj @ 12/16/14 10:53 PM

Hey Buffalo, Are you sure that "because people still judge and take me for granted" that you are the way you were and that I still think that I'm still a prostitute? Unfortunately, I still think of myself as still a prostitute and shittly
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: AFB on FaceBook by NoSimpleMachine @ 12/16/14 10:47 PM

It's not about respecting the perp's comfort or anything Still, it's about respecting bubba's comfort and healing as he moves forward.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.