Newest Members
Greg Hston, Luckylarry1, mike joseph, silenttolong, Rurai
12810 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (55), Carlos Gerardo (42), FERALFOO (49), Jolly Fisherman (60), Karl (63), MikeInFlorida (53), mizphit09 (38), oktobe_me (54), Yaoichan (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (Logan), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12810 Members
75 Forums
66104 Topics
462045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Medals on the wall by Terry1992 @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

Thank you for sharing with us
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: G/F Seeking CSA Understanding by Esposa @ Yesterday at 07:25 AM

I would encourage you to mentally separate his sexuality from his abuse. Those pictures may be more related to his abuse?
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Medals on the wall by manipulated @ Yesterday at 05:30 AM

Depth, breadth, height of life and the effects of perp laid out in poem and in your pics. Thank you for sharing with us Iaccus. Be good to yourself. Manipulated
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: My Karma trying to understand **may Trigger** by Luckylarry1 @ Yesterday at 12:02 AM

I am new to this site and only have had 18 months of VA counseling so far. I had done such a damned good job of being a chameleon for 47 years. But I have run our of the strength to maintain such a facade. My MST has taken over my thoughts and fears,
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Minneapolis MST group possibility by Luckylarry1 @ 09/02/15 11:51 PM

I appreciate your efforts in Minnesota. I am new to this site and have only been in VA counseling for 18 months. I have yet to find a group of men who experienced MST. I am not comfortable with discussing my issues, yet help is so very hard to find.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Medals on the wall by iaccus @ 09/02/15 10:13 PM

thank you Victor-victim
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and done by victor-victim @ 09/02/15 09:47 PM

NO, Terry1992, YOU WIN! thanks for putting it out there.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Medals on the wall by victor-victim @ 09/02/15 09:41 PM

methinks the poet doth protest too much beauty lies in the beholder's eyes. consider me beholden.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts overcoming by victor-victim @ 09/02/15 09:11 PM

The word “overcome”, “overcometh”, and “overcomer”, comes from the Greek word “NIKAO” and appears in the Bible 32 times. nikáo (from níke = 'victory') – conquer (overcome); 'to carry off the victory, come off victorious.' The verb implies a ba
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Looking for support by gaatt @ 09/02/15 08:59 PM

Hi Guys, As I've been attempting to get more involved in my community (isolation has been a major concern of mine), I've been running into challenges. I'd like very much for the existence of some kind of peer support group where I live. I've tried
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Medals on the wall by iaccus @ 09/02/15 08:43 PM

Yes those are mine, thank you for reading my poem (im no poet)
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Medals on the wall by victor-victim @ 09/02/15 08:37 PM

amazing depth. frightening to fathom. the obstacles you have overcome cannot be overlooked. these are rough roads, but we are driven. i see success beyond survival, iaccus. the display is awesome... are those yours? that looks like a lot of
Poetry
Jump to new posts Medals on the wall by iaccus @ 09/02/15 08:14 PM

Medals on the wall I sit in silence every morning Looking at the colorful ribbons Hanging on the wall Reminders of glories past Reminders that I am no longer that person Useful, proud, strong and valued The ribbons, badges and mementos moch me Han
Humor
Jump to new posts Lawyer jokes by ig3 @ 09/02/15 06:58 PM

A lawyer dies and goes to heaven. He says “I want to appeal; there’s been a terrible mistake.” So he is brought before a three-angel tribunal to plead his case. He says: “I’m 40 years old, I run marathons; I’m in perfect health, I’ve got a wife and t
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: expressionism by Sterling @ 09/02/15 06:22 PM

do anything to feel happy. feel comfortable. feel okay. you dont like him. you hate yourself goran. dont want anymore voices please go away. don t want to look at guys please i am begging you. . i ont ownat ot ove. you. please god no om
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mysterious skin by Nothing Man @ 09/02/15 06:13 PM

I saw the film while I was still drinking and before I started seeing my therapist. It was triggering, frightening, and dredged up terrible memories. I truly do not recommend it for abuse survivors -- if nothing else for the depiction of a brutal r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Best Advice by Nothing Man @ 09/02/15 06:10 PM

It's not my fault.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: expressionism by Sterling @ 09/02/15 05:46 PM

hate you. tal. i l you. hitry. hruy. hury. o irat youl. sugar. think. you had hitm em i musuic idstr. thoght dissoartion. leurse. odnt dont dress me as a girl. i . listne o toux. anxious. abnormal. think cant see.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Best Advice by KMCINVA @ 09/02/15 05:45 PM

A wise woman I know said share when you are comfortable. She said you will know when you feel this way and sharing your story will be your story. Do not let others tell you what your story is or should be. You lived it, you own it and only you have
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Best Advice by Obi @ 09/02/15 05:37 PM

i wish someone would've told me this when i first started dealing with my issues. i ended up learning to hard way from having a mini-meltdown... buuuuuuuut.... take it one issue at a time, one step at a time.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Best Advice by bey @ 09/02/15 05:28 PM

What's the best / most memorable / most meaningful advice you've been given about CSA / ASA recovery?
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by MarkK @ 09/02/15 04:36 PM

i know this is an old post - but it hit me. What i finally started doing to make a difference is i started a blog. i began just posting some of my older stuff from my journal. Some was heavy some not. Anyway, it's progressed to where i've started
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mysterious skin by don64 @ 09/02/15 04:34 PM

I am not curious about the film, and will not be watching it. Just thinking about watching it reverberates terror-filled places in me. I'm gonna let them surface in a normal time frame for me, and not prick them. Don
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual abuse of boys - Article! by Nothing Man @ 09/02/15 04:18 PM

Silenttoolong, your post resonated with me as well, and the same phrase that caught Eirik's attention got mine too: "don't really know how my father didn't know what was going on..." My mother sexually abused me for years, until I was abou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Daily Dilemas by KMCINVA @ 09/02/15 04:14 PM

Mike I have been there--fear can grip you and take over your life. Have you tried to make a list, no matter how long of what does not scare you, and they try to hold onto those parts of your life and slowly move one by one items from the scared lis
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.