Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, Garf, finallyhere, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446774 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings & some thoughts by une.vie.d.espoir @ 11/25/14 06:17 PM

Happy Birthday, from Jean-Pierre
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: teacher abuse case costs LA $100 M+ by Nothing Man @ 11/25/14 05:22 PM

A certain famous comedian has been dogged for years of numerous allegations of sexual assault against young women. For some reason only now are people waking up to this string of charges of rape. Sometimes we cannot believe that a (insert your own
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by Nothing Man @ 11/25/14 05:15 PM

You are blessed with both compassion and wisdom. Thank you for sharing your uplifting thoughts. I hope those of us who are still struggling for answers can take solace in your words.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the motivation? by Nothing Man @ 11/25/14 05:02 PM

I agree with both Jay and Kevin. Depression is a very difficult thing to handle, and I know it well with my two fistfuls of pills every day. I also know that alcohol is a depressant, and if you mention that it is not helping you that could be your
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts the silence continues. the children suffer. by victor-victim @ 11/25/14 01:43 PM

revealing documentary. survivors speak out. very upsetting and triggering. Trafficking of Children in the United States: Documentary Film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlvObVuKeE The U.K. Political Pedophile Ring Scandal is Just The Tip of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the motivation? by KMCINVA @ 11/25/14 12:56 PM

Yes it is familiar. We get lost in the pain and the memories, which immobilize us. Finding something you are passionate about can invigorate you and give focus. I do hope you find the right therapy and as you mentioned sleep can be debilitating.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the motivation? by Jay1946 @ 11/25/14 12:12 PM

P: You're not alone. I've had to battle exactly the same feelings you describe since my adolescence, and I'm convinced that because of this lack of motivation I've done less with my life than my potential. I haven't been able to pin point exactly
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Where is the motivation? by OCN @ 11/25/14 11:28 AM

Title sums up my situation pretty much. I'm on absence of leave with my previous job, due to a psychosis. Managed to not having to go back there, but in the mean time i'm waiting for the job agency to find me something new. I'm noticing more and mo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bathroom Challenge by Jay1946 @ 11/25/14 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Jed777I went to a conservative religious college. I was essentially shut down sexually as a result of a series of abuse experiences. I was able to pass as sexually abstinent in preparation for marriage, but I was an emotional an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bathroom Challenge by catfish86 @ 11/25/14 09:58 AM

I struggled with this for a long time. One time I started chatting up a good looking guy at a park until I noticed the sores. Another time I literally ended up hooking up with a serial killer and was lucky not be a victim. For some reason, I alway
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Al-Anon by catfish86 @ 11/25/14 09:54 AM

I am in AA. There is a symbiotic relationship. The founder of Al Anon was the wife of one of the founders of AA. I sat in on a couple of meetings and was surprised that Al Anon works almost verbatim the same 12 steps. There are several I know tha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Al-Anon by KMCINVA @ 11/25/14 09:06 AM

I wish both of you the best on his recovery and your support. I am glad you are seeking support because anyone supporting someone in recovery from addictions to CSA, needs support to understand what the addict or survivor is experiencing.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: teacher abuse case costs LA $100 M+ by KMCINVA @ 11/25/14 09:05 AM

How sad, so many turned their heads the other way from the school administrators to those in the photo store. It took the 19 year courage and her actions should be applauded. The visualization of what he did to the children caused a moment of flashb
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts teacher abuse case costs LA $100 M+ by traveler @ 11/25/14 08:57 AM

This perv was left in the classroom for years after allegations surfaced. absolutely sickening! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/22/classroom-sex-abuse-case-to-cost-more-than-100-million/
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: A ghost story. by KMCINVA @ 11/25/14 08:57 AM

Peter I am sorry for the years you suffered through Thanksgiving. What you endured was horrible. It is wonderful to see your resilience and desire to face the demon of the past. I hope this Thanksgiving is truly a defining moment and you can enjo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: starting a blog by traveler @ 11/25/14 08:44 AM

that does take courage. i commend you. my suggestion is to introduce yourself as you are today. let the reader get to know you. then maybe go back to the circumstances that let to your abuse history and tell the story from there on. another approac
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Tell by Still @ 11/25/14 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: sugarbabyHe's now stuck with his wife who is now (in her own little corner of the world) turned into the defender of male abuse victims. BUT - telling set him free. With or without me, for the rest of his life he is free. And
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bathroom Challenge by traveler @ 11/25/14 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Jed777I went to a conservative religious college. I was essentially shut down sexually as a result of a series of abuse experiences. I was able to pass as sexually abstinent in preparation for marriage, but I was an emotional an
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Concerns regarding a boy and his family by Still @ 11/25/14 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: JudeThe rapist gets shared custody? There's some thing wrong with this picture.*****It seems implausible that a judge would not consider a charge of rape at knifepoint a barrier to custody. Guys. Family courts do NOT follow th
Jump to new posts Re: A ghost story. by JW1230 @ 11/25/14 07:07 AM

Peter, I am so sorry that your Thanksgiving has been imprinted with such horror and that you had to endure all the abuse you did. I am also sorry for all the pain this has left you with in your adult life. I am in awe of your strength and determin
Jump to new posts A ghost story. by petercorbett @ 11/25/14 06:36 AM

Hi, my fraternal brothers. Well, here we are at the start of the season "the happiest time of the year." For some of us it's just the opposite. For me it's Thanksgiving day. A day that i relive over & over for all of my adult life. A
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Al-Anon by jcm @ 11/25/14 02:13 AM

So, I took a big step today and made the call to get into a local Al-Anon group. I talked with a volunteer for about an hour asking all kinds of questions, and it makes me nervous at the prospect, but I have to do it. My partner is going through
Poetry
Jump to new posts starting a blog by reynel5 @ 11/24/14 11:24 PM

I recently started a blog on blogger.com.. The title of the blog is "A Survivor's Parable" I plan on talking about my healing process and my life. I thought this would be quite easy but its not. As excited as I am to put my story out there,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by Garf @ 11/24/14 10:52 PM

Sir, thank you for the reminder that we do indeed have many blessings, including dear people at MS who really do seem to want to walk with us along the path. I am appreciative of many things. I am most appreciative though that at MS I do not have t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bathroom Challenge by Garf @ 11/24/14 10:46 PM

Jed777, I hope that you gain more belief in yourself by sharing your story with others. It helps us to know that we are not singular freaks when we hear about the suffering of others. Sir, I commend you for your strength to remove yourself from wha
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.