Newest Members
LMG, MYTIME, Damon, aanndd, Paulsyd
12551 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drewster (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, iaccus, myrlin, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12551 Members
73 Forums
64427 Topics
449979 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: rethinking "available" by tbkkfile @ 01/22/15 12:42 AM

During the period of my CSA outside of the family home my parents marriage fell apart, my Father continued to live in the same house, my mother would bring home her boyfriends and my Father would go to bed and leave them downstairs. I was expected to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Father helping adult son after rape by vrocotamy @ 01/22/15 12:29 AM

I was also a bit incredulous that the son was "fine" so soon after the rape. I can certainly believe he wanted to believe he was fine - or told his parents he was fine - but, as you said prior, it often takes a lot of time to process the ef
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a great post by Shyshark @ 01/21/15 11:56 PM

Thank you for sharing victor. We couldn't have been more different if we tried. My early years were lived in such a safe ... protected place ... a tiny village of less than 100 ... mostly farmers who had turned over the farm to their adult kids ...
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I grab at the moments by bluesky @ 01/21/15 10:59 PM

Thanks VV for the visual inspiration. Bluesky
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: rethinking "available" by focusedbody @ 01/21/15 10:29 PM

Mishka95673: Thanks for your thorough and thoughtful discussion. Your thoughts on forgiveness are very apt and useful. I agree that it's difficult to forgive when you feel confused. Understanding and sorting through what happened aids the healing
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a great post by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 10:01 PM

Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello All by woodenshoes @ 01/21/15 07:49 PM

SeriousDave Welcome your message gives us hope. I hope for you the road don't get slippery. Life has that way with us. It refreshing to see a positive attitude. Heal well brother a year younger. Your among friends. Woodenshoes
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: so tired of being abused by "helping" people by myrlin @ 01/21/15 06:00 PM

I don't see why you can't make a note on the ROI you sign that says "for attendance verification only". Also make it clear with your new T that attendance info is all you're releasing. I hear your angst over this. I'm not sure how to say t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello All by iaccus @ 01/21/15 05:04 PM

welcome
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Need input, PLEASE!!! by Shyshark @ 01/21/15 04:57 PM

Hi Obi ... Have you ever thought of showing these to tattoo artists? Now ... The "Get Educated" one is a very bad idea ... in my opinion. I had to look at it closely to realize that the message was meant to convey how untrue the statement
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello All by Nothing Man @ 01/21/15 04:14 PM

SD, feel free to post here often. We find that talking about our experiences with others, whether here on MS or with a therapist, really helps to lessen the pain we feel. You are off to a good start already with a good attitude. I wish you well.
Humor
Jump to new posts the husband store by Nothing Man @ 01/21/15 04:07 PM

Husband Store A store that sells new husbands has opened in Melbourne, wherein a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates: You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a great post by Shyshark @ 01/21/15 04:02 PM

*** correction *** At the time of my Mom's death I was 58.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a great post by Shyshark @ 01/21/15 03:57 PM

Guys ... take a look at the post just above me, ... supplied by victor-victim. StrugglngGuy posted this in 2013 and as you'll see it elicited a great deal of honest and heartfelt replies. I'd like to re-start the post here. Those who posted befor
Humor
Jump to new posts devil's music by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 03:00 PM

hell's bells
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: amazing gifs by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 02:50 PM

Male Survivors
i heard back!! BUT it seems i am "unsafe" so they must have the ROI because of Wings policies. now, keep in mind, they won't tell me HOW i'm unsafe or what i've said or done that makes me APPEAR unsafe. they keep saying i should have agreed
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Autism / Aspergers by Becoming Other @ 01/21/15 02:25 PM

Correction to above: As far as I am concerned, if someone displays the traits that get labeled as Autism / Aspergers, then it just means that they will not become a Muggle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muggle
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello All by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Serious DaveI'd rather spend time pursuing a good life. I nearly lost a fight with cancer 10 years ago, so my outlook on everything has changed. I'm ok. If the cancer didn't get me, the sa sure as hell won't. beautiful. best t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello All by Serious Dave @ 01/21/15 02:08 PM

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I get your point about physical abuse. Actually, I made peace with the feelings of ssa. I have not confronted or told anyone about sa incl. my brother. I will tell my psychologist, though. I probably won't confront -
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This is why i hate religion by Chase Eric @ 01/21/15 02:01 PM

Thank you SO much for this, NLT. I'm Jewish, but my partner is Protestant. He had me read the Gospels. Jesus is not, to me as a Jew, the Son of God. But he is my moral compass, my litmus test in those times I question my path: what would Jesus do
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: musick lessons by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 12:57 PM

what is this thing?
Humor
Jump to new posts musick lessons by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 12:55 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the invisible man by victor-victim @ 01/21/15 12:45 PM

something you said, Magoo, really struck a chord with me. it was like i was reliving my own disclosure. total flashback. i was trying to comfort a girlfriend who was not reacting very well to her own sexual assault. she got angry at me and said
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Appt setter at MD office - no accommodation 4 CSA by Mishka95673 @ 01/21/15 12:33 PM

Hi BlueSky, Thank you for your support, kind words, and sharing in a place where I am permitted to respond. I read your story in the other section of the site and was furious on your behalf; how dare those jerks treat you that way. We are supposed to
Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.