Newest Members
LMG, MYTIME, Damon, aanndd, Paulsyd
12551 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drewster (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (myrlin, Obi, Bardo, watzupwitu, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12551 Members
73 Forums
64426 Topics
449978 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Father helping adult son after rape by Bardo @ 01/22/15 01:02 PM

Note the date of the last installment. Over a year ago. My guess is the road has not been so uplifting during that time. I wish them the best and hope for his, yours and our recovery in the quickest most effective way possible.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cant shake off feeling like a fraud by Serious Dave @ 01/22/15 12:32 PM

JScott, I had a similar experience to yours. Prior to reading Lew's book and some posts here, I would have said "trauma, what trauma?" And, like you, I feel guilty about complaining in light of some of the horrendous stories out there. B
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I was triggered by my survivors bank account - LOL by Mishka95673 @ 01/22/15 12:05 PM

Clarification...I love my man and we are still very much together. We continue to work through issues we have had in our relationship as a result of major deception, lies, and infidelity which were due to his PTSD. Our relationship left me severely t
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Intro for Steven--RED by Bluedogone @ 01/22/15 09:54 AM

Hi jake122, and welcome, I've always heard "the third time's the charm" so let's hope that's true in your case, and your return to MS will get you past the breaking point, and on to new insight and healing. Some of the emotional scars of C
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Can't remember anything (May Trigger) by KMCINVA @ 01/22/15 09:34 AM

Zero You are not loosing your mind. You possibly were in a dissociative state. I have been hospitalized and came out of a dissociative fugue. I had no idea how or why I was in the hospital or how I got there. It was over 40 miles from my home. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Can't remember anything (May Trigger) by Zero @ 01/22/15 09:00 AM

Hello everyone, I have a pretty big problem and it might not be appropriate or I might have posted it in the wrong forum don't know. The problem is, I was hospitalized for a while for suicidal thoughts; however, I want to be clear that I am not suic
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts I was triggered by my survivors bank account - LOL by Mishka95673 @ 01/22/15 08:55 AM

My CSA I am over. The PTSD from my relationship with my survivor is slowly resolving but still occasionally noted. As is common, he has some financial management problems and received an eviction notice. Now that he wants money, he is capable of usin
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by manipulated @ 01/22/15 08:43 AM

40 years after the abuse I ruined my wife, life and marriage by attempting to return to ssa on the downlow. During that time I accepted Christ. Believed he died for me. Taught my children and others of what I believed was his love, concern, protectio
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: rethinking "available" by Mishka95673 @ 01/22/15 08:40 AM

A short response (for now) from a mostly asleep survivor and supporter. I do know incest...all of my CSA was incestual in nature. Yes, I felt dirty for a long time. An yes, I felt guilty too because even though my mind screamed "no", my bo
Family and Friends
Mishka thank you for both your willingness to be so open and I realy feel validated by your anger even though it was not my intent to do so. I feel so angry and I feel that the world just wants us to just shut up and express it so it is comfortable f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tears from a forgotten boy..Trigger Warning! by Suwanee @ 01/22/15 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: blacken Yet, there is one difference between me and many of you. I have been walking the road towards a healed heart and soul for some time, And I bounce back from the trigger faster. Yes. I often feel the same way. Triggers co
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Intro for Steven--RED by Landscape @ 01/22/15 07:51 AM

Hi Jake122, I feel the frustration in your intro. I identify with the substance of some of your questions, but I identify with the tone of all of them. I think the most important questions you asked are Quote:Anyone understand? Is anyone currently
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure I even belong here, but regardless... by Landscape @ 01/22/15 07:38 AM

Hi Personman, Welcome. That first post is the hardest. You can read, write, share, tell your story, vent, rant, empathize, question and just about anything else you can think of here. No one here judges you or compares experiences. As others have
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Shame by Robert Karen - Trigger Warning by Landscape @ 01/22/15 07:22 AM

Removed with my apologies. Landscape
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Intro for Steven--RED by Nathan-Tudor @ 01/22/15 06:20 AM

Hi Jake, Don't compare the experience you had with what others experience. Every person suffered - Though differently, pain is pain. My response to the abuse was a total shut down - the way one would turn off a switch. I was functional in every exp
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure I even belong here, but regardless... by Nathan-Tudor @ 01/22/15 06:01 AM

Hi Personman, First of all, welcome. I had similar reservations about showing up on this site when i first became acquainted with it. it was a few months of reading other people's stories and posts before i finally introduced myself. Nevertheless.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a great post by Shyshark @ 01/22/15 03:45 AM

I've reread your piece several times and I said it before ... and I'll say it again ... we couldn't have been more different if we tried. I've been thinking about it all evening ... wondering ... which one of us has the hardest time relating to the o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Father helping adult son after rape by NoSimpleMachine @ 01/22/15 03:18 AM

It is kind of surreal reading this, for all the reasons said above; but then again, I'd like to think that these couple days of togetherness and bonding and positivity will help this young man's healing experience from what happened to him. Even if t
Jump to new posts Re: Stay Focused by victor-victim @ 01/22/15 02:42 AM

there are some other good sermons there from the same guy.
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by nltsaved @ 01/22/15 02:19 AM

Bible study (notes) 12/21/2014 What have I spiritually accomplished this year ? Growing spiritually means to no longer deny the truth that is constantly being revealed to me but embracing it and dealing with the truth. When Christ abides in you
Jump to new posts Re: Bible Study (notes) by nltsaved @ 01/22/15 02:16 AM

Bible study (notes) 1/18/2015 Do you really know just how important your life is ? Because you are very valuable to this world and you are here for a reason. There are things God has prepared for us and if you are not doing the work that it takes
Jump to new posts Re: Stay Focused by nltsaved @ 01/22/15 02:15 AM

Thanks it helps me ,I have had to listen so many times lol
Jump to new posts Addiction recovery class notes -want cycle by nltsaved @ 01/22/15 02:09 AM

Recovery class (notes) 1/19/2015 There are a bunch of wants that we generally seek out and can mistake any one of them for actual spiritual needs that need to be met. The perpetual cycle we become ensnared in jumping from one want strait into anothe
Jump to new posts Re: This is why i hate religion by victor-victim @ 01/22/15 01:11 AM

took a little work, but i got the complete transcript here. please let me know if i made any mistakes. Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion? What if I told you voting Republican really wasn't His m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: rethinking "available" by tbkkfile @ 01/22/15 12:42 AM

During the period of my CSA outside of the family home my parents marriage fell apart, my Father continued to live in the same house, my mother would bring home her boyfriends and my Father would go to bed and leave them downstairs. I was expected to
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.