Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Tarobuns108, BDD, Suwanee), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442120 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: The startle response by gaatt @ 07/25/14 01:41 PM

Hi FB, My mother has been labeling me "crazy" and "hypersensitive" for years. I think it's part of her denial of the insanity of an entire culture. It came to a head when I showed her a book about the psycho-emotional aspects of
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by Bluedogone @ 07/25/14 12:33 PM

First of all, nothing wrong with a rant. It's a whole lot better to write it all out here than turn it inward on yourself. You can get in a sort of Merry-go-round in your own mind, feeding the anger with bitterness over and over. I haven't thought a
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New to site and to healing process after 45+ years by Bluedogone @ 07/25/14 11:13 AM

Hi Seekingwisdom, and welcome, I'm sorry it was necessary for you to be here, but glad you came. I think you've found, as have I, that no matter how many years ago the abuse happened or how safely tucked away all this abuse was stowed, it can affec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by dark empathy @ 07/25/14 10:56 AM

I often find the idea of total hatred for everyone very tempting. I read a wonderful metaphore the other day, from a novel by Tad Williams where a man, who is himself a complete psychopath said "The world is a lump of shit, we are the worms that
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt and stuff by txb @ 07/25/14 07:19 AM

Thanks. Don, I know you are right, that no one else can tell me what to do. And normally I hate people telling me what to do anyway. But with this I'd really like some kind of plan, something to follow that guarantees that I feel better and everythin
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: dont hate by newground @ 07/25/14 04:18 AM

I did. It came to me at work as I was trying to process my experiences at a weekend of recovery. so many powerful things happened there I was over whelmed it took a while to process it all.
Introductions
Jump to new posts New to site and to healing process after 45+ years by Seekingwisdom @ 07/25/14 02:35 AM

Hi all at MS, I'm new to this site and to this healing process after 45+ years of keeping my abuse nightmare a secret. Eights months ago I started to let out only a small portion of my pass out. I've only told my wife and 2 therapist 1 of which I'm
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts My CSA Survivor Husband left me last week.... by WontGiveUp @ 07/25/14 01:01 AM

I made a mistake. I pushed to hard for him to start working towards recovery. I didnt want him to loose the ground he gained and it felt like he was slipping back into old ways, withdrawing from our relationship. I felt like he was giving up, and i
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by bluesky @ 07/24/14 11:40 PM

This one just blew me away what do you think. Mumford & Sons Awake My Soul Know something about this song or lyrics? Add it to our wiki. Read More...Edit Wiki How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes I struggle to find any truth in your lies
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: dont hate by gettingstronger @ 07/24/14 10:27 PM

Awesome poem. Did you write it? Bob
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The Circle of Life by sorryson @ 07/24/14 10:23 PM

Things have been difficult here. Mama and my brother went to see the psychiatrist twice this week. Mama is staying with my sister and my brother is very sad. My doctor wants me to keep away because of my own issues and trying to get better. I went
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by don64 @ 07/24/14 10:05 PM

Hi Bob, I'm finding as I reclaim more and more of the early damaged versions of myself, my thinking shifts. And, I then find myself reclaiming more and more of the damaged thinking versions of myself going forward, into the present. Congratulation
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: yearning to hold the boy I was by gettingstronger @ 07/24/14 09:44 PM

Shortly after finishing Judith Herman's "Trauma and Recovery," my wife of twenty years wrote me a wonderful letter reaffirming her love for me, her willingness to help me heal in any way she could, and most importantly, her understanding th
Humor
Jump to new posts LEE 83 has a problem with humor and taking jokes by Robert Barrett @ 07/24/14 07:02 PM

My name is Lee 83 and I have been molested by my father and forced to do things with my sister. My father forced my sister to do things with him. It's not to settling for me to dig into but, I have a way of looking at like where i see it very serious
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: LEE 83 has a problem and needs help by Robert Barrett @ 07/24/14 06:52 PM

I have a question, is Tom2 the only guy that does the Chat for the survivor session?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: LEE 83 has a problem and needs help by Robert Barrett @ 07/24/14 04:41 PM

Hey Kevin, can we chat now?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: LEE 83 has a problem and needs help by Bluedogone @ 07/24/14 02:48 PM

Lee, Anger is such a necessary part of accepting what has happened to us that I hope no one was offended by your comments. It definitely shouldn't have, and if it did IMO the whole purpose of this site is defeated. Guys who've "been there do
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts OSU Marching Band Director fired by Obi @ 07/24/14 02:36 PM

Good for the new president stepping up and doing what is right. http://fox8.com/2014/07/24/osu-marching-...ultural-issues/
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bitterness... by lostsoul824 @ 07/24/14 02:22 PM

I don't now what love is !!!! and I may never know? all I know is that being raped for the age of 4 till about 10. I have learned that the world is cruel and will kill me if it could!!! WELL, as I used to say as a teenager(FUCK THE WORLD BEFOR THE W
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Escape #2: An Update by Bluedogone @ 07/24/14 01:39 PM

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Hugs and best wishes to you Concerned Husky, It's going on almost a week since you were "made" by your mom. But most moms are expert at giving their children guilt trips, crying is just part of the ammunition to keep the gui
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: LEE 83 has a problem and needs help by KMCINVA @ 07/24/14 01:03 PM

Lee83 Welcome to MS. It takes courage to come forward and share your past. Thank you for sharing. We understand anger is part of the process--and what you have written does not offend me. We are group here to support each other and do not pass j
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: LEE 83 has a problem and needs help by Robert Barrett @ 07/24/14 12:32 PM

If anyone read my last post, I hope i didn't offend anyone by saying I wanted to get into someone's face. I didn't mean to offend anyone on this site.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Male Survivor Book Club? by 96789594 @ 07/24/14 10:51 AM

HI i think it's a great idea! i read all of your posts and it seems that the majority is intrested in some PTSD books i'v been reading THE POST TRAUMATIQUE STRESS DISORDER BY GLEN SHIRALDI it is recomended ,https://1in6.org/books/post-traumatic-str
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Medical Conditions of CSA by KMCINVA @ 07/24/14 09:17 AM

NoSimpleMachine Thank you. My health is good now-You are right the stress, trauma,PTSD, hiding the secret all impacted my overall health--physically and emotionally. Now that I have faced the past everything is looking up. Learning new ways to cop
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.