Newest Members
woodyamorc, Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless, Rail-Fan-79
12596 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
luckywitness (39), Wesley (28), yankee07 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (sorryson, iaccus, motmcd, woodyamorc, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12596 Members
74 Forums
64672 Topics
451974 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Giving up and letting go (Goodbye MS) by FormerTexan @ 02/22/15 10:12 AM

Dillon, I can relate to many parts of your post. I've been on the site for ten years now. Never before in my life had I seen such a group of people open and sharing about those things that have hurt them. It's quite honest and sharing of you to post
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: just some thoughts that i couldnt make sense of by woodenshoes @ 02/22/15 10:06 AM

9 I believe that it is part of what happen to us. I too have done that so far as to keep my whole family isolated from by moving away. We do make new friends but family is further away. Take care. We are here for you. Woodenshoes
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Can of worms by JScott12 @ 02/22/15 10:04 AM

Hi all, Since I started counselling and became aware of all the problems that abuse creates and how it has impacted my life I sometimes wish I never even opened this "can of worms". When I'm reading, researching or thinking back to childh
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: couples therapy !! by manipulated @ 02/22/15 08:50 AM

We tried it and it has kept us together. The therapist did not judge or take sides. He helped me communicate better. It did not "fix" us and things are still rough sometimes but it helped. If you are worth healing and working with an inform
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: just some thoughts that i couldnt make sense of by manipulated @ 02/22/15 08:37 AM

9 I too have retreated and withdrawn from fear of rejection but as I learned I AM a victim I have learned HE stole my ability to share and enjoy social interaction that does not include lust. By talking, writing, sharing I bit by bit am wresting the
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: the husband store by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 07:05 AM

question: How do you explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand? answer: When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. When you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED, And when the right one cat
Male Survivors
9... Whether or not you feel you deserve it, we do care about you. The very act of coming here to MS and of speaking your mind about your concerns shows that you are brave, and concerned enough about your life and happiness to reach out to us . I bel
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Because by traveler @ 02/22/15 06:25 AM

it still moves me it is not just the sudden shock of recognition - seeing words that express something that i know but did not write myself. it is more powerful than familiarity can dull or blunt. it is true and real and honest. thanks again.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 06:20 AM

“You should not allow yourself the luxuries of discouragement or despair. Bounce back immediately, and welcome the adversity because it produces harder thinking and harder drive to get to the objective.” - Ralph Nader
Humor
Jump to new posts High Cost Of Medical by Bluedogone @ 02/22/15 05:45 AM

A man wasn't feeling well and went for a checkup. The doctor said, "We'll do some tests to see what's wrong," and left the room. Soon a Persian cat came in the exam room, pawed and sniffed around the man for a minute or two and left. In a
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Shown videos as a precursor (TW) by Bluedogone @ 02/22/15 05:13 AM

There's the old saying, "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" and that goes for kids, too. You were just a kid, doing what it takes to survive, and living life as you knew it at the time.. Even though you may have sensed that it was &qu
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 04:57 AM

“Bacteria = back door to cafeteria” “Caesarean section = a neighbourhood in Rome” “Cat scan = searching for kitty” “Terminal illness = getting sick at the airport” “Labour pain = getting hurt at work” “Nitrates = rates of pay for working at n
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Because by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 04:40 AM

absolutely awesome! this is amazing. honest and pure. rich vivid images. i was in it. you said it right, SayItRight. thank you.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: . by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 04:35 AM

=
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW? by Bluedogone @ 02/22/15 04:23 AM

Three would HAVE to be dead. You just don't live past 110. The other three I hope are somewhere that requires wearing an Orange jumpsuit. But my cousin I'm sure is somewhere being the SOB he's so good at. I brought this post out of the past because
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Giving up and letting go (Goodbye MS) by lostc @ 02/22/15 03:29 AM

I'm so sorry that you feel this way. Though I'm far younger I feel the same way a lot of the time which has led me to have the same kind of hopelessness about life. When I read your line "I'm still the lost 11 year old boy wondering "How ca
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: . by traveler @ 02/22/15 02:54 AM

. . .
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts just some thoughts that i couldnt make sense of by 96789594 @ 02/22/15 02:45 AM

i dont know if i should write this , i dont know if i should about any of the things that i struggle with in my life , and i realise it's because in my head ,if i express my seelf people (you) are so annoyed and screaming GET A LIFE !!!you'r just mak
Jump to new posts Re: Shown videos as a precursor (TW) by Cthulhu @ 02/22/15 01:52 AM

Not a waste - lapchinj... Not at all. Thanks for the reply. Been drinking tonight too, on an apply named "Amnesiac" IPA - so no hard feelings. You're reply is just as coherent as my sober original posting. Nice to know I am understood. S
Jump to new posts Re: Shown videos as a precursor (TW) by lapchinj @ 02/22/15 01:35 AM

hey cthulhu Yeah I can relate to it but I would have been to scared to go t the police. I had pictures taken of me sine I was 9. I didn't mind it since it was a friend of mine's sister. At 14 it was a different story in that I was forced to make mov
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 12:59 AM

when they asked the german psychologist what comes between fear and sex... he replied "Fünf always comes between Vier und Sechs!"
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 12:32 AM

why weight? diet now!
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 12:27 AM

thieves are hard to communicate with, because they take things, literally.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Analogy by kcinohio @ 02/21/15 11:50 PM

I also look at it that if nothing bad ever happened to me, I could have become a self-righteous dick lacking empathy for those who have suffered. So, I try to keep in mind that, even though going through it sucks, it has opened me up to better consi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 1 in 6 boys ... by kcinohio @ 02/21/15 11:42 PM

I've seen research numbers range from 3% - 24%, so there is a fairly wide margin of error on any official estimate. I don't know that promoting a specific number does all that much other than let other victims they are not alone. And since people u
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.