Newest Members
therealme, Meme, ScaredWife, R2D2, Ghostcrab124
12785 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bluebird (41), djsurvivor (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (Ghostcrab124, Jacob S, 4 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12785 Members
75 Forums
65853 Topics
460558 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: True Sayings by manipulated @ 07/30/15 11:23 AM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: True Sayings by manipulated @ 07/30/15 11:19 AM

"Reacting to a flashback can create a thought loop that can take you to a place you don't want to go." Dr. Bill
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: fear of women,bullying by newground @ 07/30/15 11:14 AM

Hey man. I have always had an issue with females since I was a little boy. I dont know if it has to do with same sex feelings or just the bullying. One thing I know was an issue for me was that I was no allowed to hit back... you DON'T HIT GIRLS and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by highflight @ 07/30/15 11:12 AM

Kevin, I am very lucky to have not been met with the same initial response you had. I think your reaction to it was totally understandable, and think I would have reacted similarly. I just cannot imagine. At the same time, I am so happy that you ha
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by highflight @ 07/30/15 11:07 AM

Thanks Bardo! David, Thanks for your thoughts. I have given much thought to this as well. I think that talking with others (for me) proves to me that it is NOT a secret. If I truly believe that the things that happened are just events, that they don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 10:50 AM

Highflight It is wonderful to hear how far you have come in the past year. Like you I began sharing my story. The first people who heard it treated me disparagingly, ignored and never said a word about the abuse or asked how I felt. I clamored shu
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by DavidM-LT @ 07/30/15 10:38 AM

Thanks so much for this! The title quite accurately describes how I feel. But at the same it's almost a contradictory feeling. Personally, I'm just at the start of talking with others about what I've been through. That only happened because I finall
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: History by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 10:36 AM

Magellan I am sorry to see you feeling this way. I do not have the answers but I have come to learn how we feel comes from within. I have read your older posts where you seem happy and committed to having a better life. I could feel the optimism in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: History by Magellan @ 07/30/15 10:28 AM

I envy you. I lost that creative spirit in me a while ago. I can't even muster a day to feel good or happy anymore. My life is completely empty and void, and has absolutely no purpose anymore. And this is after 20 years of therapy, medication,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by Bardo @ 07/30/15 10:07 AM

How beautiful. You are truly forging ahead into new territory, and I am so happy for you! I need to tell more people, more of the people that should know. You are a great example for us all and I wish you the best on this next phase of your journey.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by Magellan @ 07/30/15 10:02 AM

I've spent many years "faking it till I make it" at the suggestion of 12 step programs. After doing this for years now, I am wondering if that was the wrong thing to do. Because now I feel like a fraud, and no one really knows what the h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop the self loathing by Magellan @ 07/30/15 10:00 AM

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, but I don't understand. I haven't figured anything out at all. I'm so confused, I think I'm retarded. I don't understand anything at all. My brain is frantically trying to make sense of my experience, and the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I have to ask something by Magellan @ 07/30/15 09:58 AM

But it does define me. IT defines why I'm lonely. IT defines why I don't fit in. It defines why I feel like an retarded alien wandering, scared on this planet, with no connection. IT defines the very core of everything that I am - disabled, cripple
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 09:37 AM

Must mediate Don't be a slave to the random thoughts of your mind. Take control.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 09:35 AM

I had full sleep study 70 tubes and wires in lab over night. The conclusion it takes me a long time to go to sleep, but I'm a good sleeper when I am asleep. Drugs like Stilnox create mental fogs. Right one I've cut my Stilnox dose in half and lowered
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by highflight @ 07/30/15 09:35 AM

I have been struggling for over two decades with secrecy. It started out as actively “keeping a secret,” but over the years has morphed into a heavy burden of shame. It was easy to understand how I would strive to keep secret the things done while
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: True Sayings by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 09:24 AM

Manipulated I am glad to hear the positive, you are breaking the power of the flashback. I think for me, when I was having severe flashbacks I did not have support but rather was taunted during and after the flashbacks and ignored. Once I surrounded
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Marijuana by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 09:16 AM

The mix of some heavy pot smoking alcohol the environmental. The trauma a full tilt flash back and would dead if someone hadn't not intervened.
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Marijuana by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 09:14 AM

Awesome to be sober. My principle beverage is a brew of two decaf green tea bags a peppermint tea bag and an organic ginger tea bag with the juice of half a lime I'm very excited about medical pot. I'll swap it any day for the pills I take now. Ver
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 08:47 AM

Such under discovered topic in traditional therapies. I think that trauma in its neuro chemical response does not recognise chronological age. The boy with in me shares everything outward. Now I am conscious to praise him and set tasks at the beginn
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tattoo Idea. Thoughts? by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 08:28 AM

Idea of inked sign not my thing but I saw an outline of a jigsaw piece puzzle on the back of a girls neck in the city two weeks ago and I'm really taken the symbology. Also I think now my ruling number and the southern cross constellation could be ag
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Why Would Anyone Say A Victim is a Liar by sorryson @ 07/30/15 07:57 AM

I have been troubled since I recently learned Mama was told by Dad of his sexual abuse years ago. She conferred with her family and it seems they said he was a liar. Why would anyone not believe a person who was sexually abused as a child. I am a su
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: True Sayings by manipulated @ 07/30/15 07:50 AM

KMVINVA, They are fewer and farther between. Instead of damming them back which as you say seems to increase their power and effect, I am, with a lot of help from wife, group and everyone here at ms to breathe, feel, share it with someone, and let
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero by highflight @ 07/30/15 07:23 AM

Wow, Eirik. Your wisdom and master of words has me searching for my breath this morning. Thank you for this post. It gives me hope that the dark corners (and changes in "how" I perceive things) has some merit and it worthwhile. -D
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The age we become 'stuck'? by Mark954 @ 07/30/15 04:35 AM

this topic is so important !it defenitly hits home for me it's feels good knowing that i'm not alone in this , i dont remember exactly the age when the time had stoped for me , but i think it's when i was 2 or 3 , i read in book about the self healin
Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.