Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442054 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: First two weeks after 35 yrs of secret by victor-victim @ 07/23/14 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: jpf I now have had the courage to tell my family and some friends and it has certainly helped me. Feels like enough people know its not a secret anymore. congratulations!! those are important big steps (IMO) i am all about
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Ten years of healing and counting! by victor-victim @ 07/23/14 08:46 PM

welcome to the website, i just read your survivor story, and it really resonated with me. i admire your unblinking honesty. i had the same problem with my childhood sexual contact with adults. i enjoyed it physically, and i appreciated the atte
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Brief Introduction by victor-victim @ 07/23/14 08:33 PM

hi. your story is sad to read. i am sorry to hear what happened. hope you find some inspiration here, darby. i, too, was a victim of a violent crime at the age of 15, after multiple previous abuses which included grooming etc. sounds simil
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First Time Joining............... by wiresguy1 @ 07/23/14 08:02 PM

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I trust that I will learn to use this resource as I go along and read what others have to say. But at this point I really do not know where to start.......
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: another invisible boy by victor-victim @ 07/23/14 07:32 PM

let me take this moment to welcome you! thanks for the in-depth self-analysis. very insightful and thought-provoking. i believe... just as the abuser is responsible for his actions, we all must answer for our own mistakes. it is a loaded q
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: For the first time I am writing "my story" by victor-victim @ 07/23/14 07:09 PM

wow. heavy. i feel for you. married 23 years but very worried about it. constantly fcking things up while trying to fix things. i have many issues that are deep and confusing to the "unabused" . wishing you well as you sort thr
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: hello my brothers by victor-victim @ 07/23/14 06:52 PM

power. strength. stamina. your words and deeds demonstrate and display all those qualities. hopefully you can share with those who lack such determination. you are most definitely a SURVIVOR and you are most welcome here.
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: Getting things together by newground @ 07/23/14 05:31 PM

hey tyr I havent been around much but today I saw your post. I am glad to see you were able to remember your own worth. all that you said is true. you deserve good things ans I am glad that you are reaching for them. we are never able to find our se
Male Survivors
rawson, you know that whatever it is that makes you able to claim who you are, and in this case claim your body as yours and not for someone else to rape and abuse, then that is great! proud of you for taking back what is rightfully yours! and as
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Who's a "normal" by lostsoul824 @ 07/23/14 04:24 PM

WOW!!!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First Time Joining............... by Bluedogone @ 07/23/14 03:52 PM

Hi wiresguy1, and welcome I hope you'll find, as I have, that a whole new dimension in healing and recovery is going to take place as you share here on MS the terror, confusion, isolation, and frustration that you are experiencing. There's no denyin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Body Modifications and The Medicine Wheel by 1islandboy @ 07/23/14 03:43 PM

I was tempted to put this topic in the off topic forum. Perhaps this topic is too kinky or too far out there to be relevant. (search function didn't boost my self esteem any.) Here I stand up and interject and acknowledge above all that. This is als
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Wednesday, July 23 by Anomalous @ 07/23/14 03:36 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for this evening, Wednesday, July 23, 2014. It will resume on Sunday, July 27, 2014. Anomalous
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: what have you learned about yourself ? by NoSimpleMachine @ 07/23/14 12:43 PM

I feel like I recently learned how I spent years going through relationships and friendships seeking validation and support to fill in the hole that was left by my abuse, and how that validation and support would be like a drug hit that wore off, and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Medical Conditions of CSA by NoSimpleMachine @ 07/23/14 12:37 PM

Hi KMC. I believe pretty strongly that when it comes to overall health, stress and self-esteem and anxiety and depression and worry are huge problems...they wear down our immune systems, they makes us feel hurt and worried about our current and futur
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First Time Joining............... by don64 @ 07/23/14 12:29 PM

Welcome wiresguy1. I talked to my first male survivor of sexual abuse here at MS last fall, and it has been so helpful to me. I hope your experience is at least as good as mine. Looking forward to you sharing your needs and concerns as you feel co
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I still feel responsible? by NoSimpleMachine @ 07/23/14 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: travelerWhen I blame myself, I am joining the perps in verbal and emotional abuse of myself. That is exactly what they did - blamed me, tried to excuse or justify their wrongdoing by putting the guilt on me. And they were succes
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First Time Joining............... by NoSimpleMachine @ 07/23/14 12:24 PM

Welcome to MS wiresguy. I hope you will find the site and forums and chat room helpful in your ongoing healing and understanding; it has helped many others, myself included. It's amazingly powerful to realize you're not alone.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: First Time Joining............... by justplainme @ 07/23/14 12:22 PM

Welcome WG, we are here for you if you need help of any sort pal.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: married life t w by lostsoul824 @ 07/23/14 11:34 AM

Hi Tim07, I have been married for 26 years and I have no idea what intimacy is?I try to say in touch with her feelings. for me I am a stranger to me and she is a stranger me. I wish I new how to be normal or is this normal? I now her very well in som
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Why do I still feel responsible? by tbkkfile @ 07/23/14 11:18 AM

Dave Adding my two cents worth as you say over the pond, I can relate to all of what you and everyone here has said, however, working with my T on this I finally connected with the child in me a short while ago and it's with this connection that I c
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: what have you learned about yourself ? by md4e @ 07/23/14 10:31 AM

What a great post....I think thru all of this WE learn, because the truth is you can't force another to learn (or do anything for thay matter). So we move forward slowly, not always graceful or pretty. But what I've learned is that is ok. When you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Medical Conditions of CSA by KMCINVA @ 07/23/14 10:15 AM

It seems several of conditions I have experienced in life may be linked to the CSA. About 18 years ago I was having nightmares and thoughts of the abuse. I began to black out and pass out. It was diagnosed as neurocardiogenic (or vasovagal) syncop
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Intimacy - Feeling like I'm abusing by dark empathy @ 07/23/14 07:29 AM

If I considder this rationally and leave aside my jealousy, the problem seems to be one of expression. There seems to be something involved in changing a conversation with a friend from basic emotional friendship to attraction that I have zero possib
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.