Newest Members
RichNewman, woodyamorc, Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless
12597 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
1goodguy (57), 1survivor (52), Casey_SC (27), jamaicanrudeboy (35), Jamaicanyuth (35), mountainfrost (47), nolan79 (36), Ron_dup1 (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (petercorbett, lionking, bluesky, betrayed boy), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12597 Members
74 Forums
64675 Topics
452019 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts the Right Man by victor-victim @ 02/23/15 03:56 AM

THE "RIGHT MAN" "He is a man driven by a manic need for self-esteem — to feel that he is a ‘somebody.’ He is obsessed by the question of ‘losing face,’ so he will never, under any circumstances, admit that he might be in the wrong. .
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl ads? by TR101 @ 02/23/15 12:45 AM

okay, thanks, looks like that was great synopsis. it was interesting seeing the half time show from the camera's lens rather than my own. it was very professional operation, but after seeing the hundreds of moving people/pieces on that field and the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by GonnaBalright @ 02/22/15 10:53 PM

Thanks for sharing, Bob. I am just a little bitter with church and religion. I was raised with the understanding that Christianity (or faith) was not religion but a relationship with your God. I have gotten a lot of negativity from too many of them,
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts No negative Zoloft side effects yet! by Mishka95673 @ 02/22/15 10:45 PM

I am very happy to report that my man started taking a low dose of Zoloft 8 days ago. First couple of days he was down but since then he is laughing and light hearted every day. His appetite is increased which is awesome since he lost about 30 pounds
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by GonnaBalright @ 02/22/15 10:43 PM

Sorry I missed the chat tonight. I will try to catch it another night. I have tried to talk about being molested as a child with people from within the church; from people I thought I could trust. But I ended up making them feel uncomfortable and the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Abuse Begets Further Abuse by Rich1967 @ 02/22/15 10:40 PM

Husky, My emotional abuse was from the kids I went to school with and my step father - between them I had no self esteem and felt completely alienated from most everyone. I was worthless to him and someone to be avoided or made fun of at school. D
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by GonnaBalright @ 02/22/15 10:33 PM

I see it - I have several times thought of myself as a puzzle with a few pieces missing. Pieces that were stolen from me at a very early age, and all my life I have been searching to recover those missing pieces because the beauty and purpose of my l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Can of worms by kcinohio @ 02/22/15 10:18 PM

Things can get better, in my experience, but it takes time. For me, it also felt like there were years where it got worse after first looking into CSA and related issues back in summer of '94. I really doubt that I was on even on track for my life be
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by woodenshoes @ 02/22/15 09:52 PM

Sorryson Rough road your on. Even rough roads have to been gone down so you can see where you have come from. You and your family are making progress. It not easy thats for sure. My heart goes out to you. I'm glad your dads wife is still there
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by sorryson @ 02/22/15 09:23 PM

Well I think family group has taken the next step. Last week Dad's wife was invited. It took coaxing from my sister. Dad's childhood sexual abuse has been an elephant in the room. We all have acknowledged it, but some linger with doubt. Dad's wife,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by gettingstronger @ 02/22/15 09:07 PM

Hi Todd, Welcome back! If I may, let me just throw out a few things. First, like Victor said, don't worry too much about the "church people." If they were candid with you, they'd admit that at best they try to do the right thing (more o
Jump to new posts Re: ReMoved by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 08:54 PM

ok, i went back and finished part one. i was in a state of intense suspense, not knowing how bad the story was going to get, but my heart told me that the producers would not let me down. i held out for the happy ending. it was worth it. i r
Jump to new posts Re: . by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 08:41 PM

º
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To the Peds that lurk here by woodenshoes @ 02/22/15 08:35 PM

Well said Still. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 1 in 6 boys ... by newground @ 02/22/15 08:33 PM

I have recently read research that would seem to indicate an even higher percentage of boys being molested in whatever way. I have always anecdotally believed that the percentage was higher but in this particular paper it showed a higher percentage o
Jump to new posts Re: ReMoved by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 08:31 PM

too much. content is intense. message is heavy. production and performance are professional. actress is incredibly innocently beautiful. it is perhaps... too well done. was unable to get through the first five minutes. paused at 4'28" a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts To the Peds that lurk here by Still @ 02/22/15 08:30 PM

I've read and heard that you "don't see the problem" with what you do...that its okay...etc. You are SO bloody wrong! Today, i watched my EX-wife and my two children fly-off on vacation without me. I was the best father ever! But what was
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 1 in 6 boys ... by Still @ 02/22/15 08:21 PM

Is there some very-common "thing" about the sexually-driven and us kids? Is it just the ultimate vulnerability of the child? I know I was the poster child of "vulnerable." But does every hungry wolf need to dine on innocent, unk
Poetry
Jump to new posts brahmanda birthday by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 07:44 PM

brahmanda birthday cozy cozmic egg, too chicken to hatch. fragile thin shell of anger and fear. a crack appears! more cracks appear! hard and brittle, shields collapse. nothing but vulnerable love under here. dedicated to and in
Jump to new posts Re: . by Still @ 02/22/15 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: victor-victim= Simply not so dude! You are missing the point. Let me explain a bit clearerer: @#
Jump to new posts Re: ReMoved by Still @ 02/22/15 07:34 PM

Holy Mother of God!
U.S. & World News
I've heard some really bad shit before...like cops and Soc Service people leveraging their very significant power for child rape. Like "Hey mom! if you don't give me an hour with Junior there....you'll be out on the street today!!!" Don
Family and Friends
I am in a very similar situation. My husband was abused by his older brother and friends, yet he continues an on and off relationship with him primarily through phone calls and texts. His brother has had major emotional issues in his life and my hu
Poetry
Jump to new posts Come to the edge by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 07:22 PM

'Come to the edge', he said. They said, 'We are afraid'. 'Come to the edge', he said. They came. He pushed them... and they flew. Guillaume Apollinaire
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 07:03 PM

Do more than exist - Live! Do more than touch - Feel! Do more than look - Observe! Do more than read - Absorb! Do more than hear - Listen! Do more than listen - Understand! John Harold Rhodes
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.