Newest Members
therealme, Meme, ScaredWife, R2D2, Ghostcrab124
12785 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bluebird (41), djsurvivor (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (MrEdd, gettingstronger, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12785 Members
75 Forums
65854 Topics
460564 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Could use someone's input for these questions by Tryingtolive @ 07/31/15 01:32 AM

For all survivors - does telling your abuse to a therapist help ? Do you actually need a therapist ? Is it worth ? Does it have to be a therapist? I put all my problems on a platter on this website and a lot of it helped but I still feel empty .. A
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: finger fun by victor-victim @ 07/31/15 01:03 AM

is there a cure for this manicure?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I HAVE SURVIVED by Strive 38/11 @ 07/31/15 12:31 AM

Reading this took me to the toilet in seconds, this is second time response today
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm sorry. by Mike26 @ 07/30/15 11:23 PM

Hey Magellan, I teach special education, so I've worked with a lot of people who have diverse special needs. It sounds as though you feel like your needs aren't being met here, or maybe people are having trouble understanding you. I just wanted t
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Attraction to specific type of men- reason? by metsfan257 @ 07/30/15 10:34 PM

Hi all... back on here for a bit, surprised to see a thread I started four years ago at the top of the list, haha! It's good to know that I'm not alone in my thought processes, but it still sucks to be in this boat. I'm still having trouble finding a
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks - What do you do? by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 10:15 PM

I have recently discovered that physical triggers to flash backs may lay dormant for many years before become active again with the introduction of the initial causation trigger. This occurred when I moved back into the family home to care for my fat
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: crazy makeup by victor-victim @ 07/30/15 10:06 PM

Humor
Jump to new posts Re: my epitaph by victor-victim @ 07/30/15 10:03 PM

http://jakchat.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/ftw.gif
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My Story (Updated) **triggers by Strive 38/11 @ 07/30/15 08:47 PM

Hey the tiny link does not work.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Sweden to open rape center for men by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 08:01 PM

Lee Thank you for sharing. It is great to see the progression in understanding the reality of male rape. Personally I hope this spreads the world over. To be honest until I began therapy and faced the abuse I did not have a word to describe what wa
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: A Good Book *Trigger Warning* by gaatt @ 07/30/15 07:58 PM

Hi, I'm finding that some of the descriptions of the way SOME women can use the cover of feminism to be hurtful towards men somewhat triggering. It amplifies the fear of women I already have. His conclusion is excellent. He's primarily about promot
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fuck this world by victor-victim @ 07/30/15 07:46 PM

i feel the same way sometimes, Clockwise! i find myself stuck between WTF! and FTW!
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by Nothing Man @ 07/30/15 07:39 PM

((((Jeff)))) You don't deserve the onslaught of guilt you are giving yourself. You were trafficked just like those kids, and you had no choice. You were forced into what you did with the very real threat of death involved. I am not a praying man
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the cycle by Nothing Man @ 07/30/15 07:14 PM

DesertFrog, I could not have begun my recovery while I was still drinking -- and I drank to blackout and pass out every night for a couple decades. I got help: I checked myself into a hospital for treatment for depression and alcoholism and never lo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm sorry. by derekjw @ 07/30/15 06:56 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you don't leave completely. Just pause for a few weeks. Keeping reading posts that will help you. I think sometimes people who are offended don't stay that way for long. I don't know any details about why
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Sweden to open rape center for men by traveler @ 07/30/15 06:55 PM

http://www.newser.com/story/208543/rape-...=rss_health_syn
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts *TRIGGER* To serve and protect. by victor-victim @ 07/30/15 06:01 PM

Female Police Officer Charged with Sexually Assaulting Underage Girl at Least 33 Times! A former Valley Brook police officer was jailed Tuesday, accused of sex crimes with an underage girl. The accused, 21, was arrested, and now formally charged wi
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts It gets better (Apple employees) by ig3 @ 07/30/15 05:59 PM

This is not new, but I thought it might be worth sharing, just in case it can help someone, or serves as inspiration for a compassionate look on LGBT youth facing bullying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYqsaJk_U8
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I'm sorry. by Magellan @ 07/30/15 04:36 PM

It appears I've offended a few people with the words I use to describe my personal experience. I had worried about my presence here, and now I have confirmation - it is unhealthy for me to remain here. The thing is, my genetic father was developmen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop the self loathing by Magellan @ 07/30/15 04:17 PM

I'm using this word because I can't find a better word to describe what I'm experiencing. My very existence is offensive now. I see that now. I will stop posting. I am sorry for being offensive. I can't do any better
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I can't stop the self loathing by AlexBoyd @ 07/30/15 04:13 PM

Magellan, PLEASE stop using the term "retarded" in your threads. There are more appropriate terms. Do a search for them. The word is considered offensive, especially for those who know someone with actual problems that fall within that rea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shedding the "weight" of secrecy and shame by KMCINVA @ 07/30/15 03:27 PM

Highflight Thank you for the kind words. I too would never wish that any survivor need to face such words, reaction, isolation, lack of empathy. I cannot change the past but I was fortunate a mistake turned into a positive that helped to change my
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: fear of women,bullying by Sterling @ 07/30/15 12:52 PM

Thanks Newground! About the mentioning of the pants. I immediatley regressed to a moment when i was 13 and a group of girls ( jokingly) came running to me at recess trying to take my pants off! I freaked! My cousin was there. I feel i dont kn
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ 07/30/15 12:41 PM

it s hard. i . was going to move. My t said -pay your bills off first. Pissed me off! I was going to leave for Toronto in a month s time. I see that they are others who suffer too. More than me. i feel angry, frustrated. Im angry at bil
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: A Good Book by gaatt @ 07/30/15 12:35 PM

Thanks Guys, Yes it is interesting. I'm finding that the book is making me more aware of my fear and more aware of the ways women's anger can subtly (and not so subtly) express itself. I liked the way he talked of Phase I relationships that were b
Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.