Newest Members
yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42, AndyLA
12639 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Andresito (28), cwstexas (57), orodo (51), tel_orod (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bardo, Shyshark), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12639 Members
74 Forums
64894 Topics
453696 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: extinct instinct by Shyshark @ 03/21/15 01:59 PM

This was a good read v-v ... I loved it.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: dealing in groups by victor-victim @ 03/21/15 01:56 PM

first poem of the day and i'm blown away. metamorposis is mysterious. a beautiful process. a serious business. renaissance is miraculous. as i was reading this, it became obvious, you are genuine gentleman genius. Strange, no one said it bu
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Highs and lows by Bluedogone @ 03/21/15 01:31 PM

Hi Tryingtolive, These symptoms are all too familiar to me (and I'm sure most of the guys here), but that doesn't make them any less significant to you as you try to cope with what CSA can do to you. Quote:They don't understand.. I never told my
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New one for me related to my abuser by Rich1967 @ 03/21/15 11:55 AM

Wow, this is great feedback for me. I know I still have so much to learn and work on and MS always seems to delivery on giving me the things I need to do that. Freeman - those are some very good points. I have certainly had the "make things
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Nothing Man @ 03/21/15 09:16 AM

Goran, keep posting. This is a great way to clear your mind. Know that you have the support of us here on MS. I wish you peace and healing.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Highs and lows by Nothing Man @ 03/21/15 09:13 AM

Tryingtolive, you are absolutely not alone, and I echo Freeman and Rich's comments. So many of us have had -- or are currently experiencing -- the same symptoms that you describe so aptly. I think that recognizing that there is a problem is the mos
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Highs and lows by woodenshoes @ 03/21/15 09:07 AM

Tryingtolive When your going down. Come here and ask for help. To stop the slide think positive thoughts, think about your accomplishments, how you dealt with it before hitting it head on. We are good people with bad things that happened. Doesn'
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by sorryson @ 03/21/15 08:48 AM

The article helped to clarify some things for me. My Dad and you know our story would disappear into another world, one he did not remember or know. When he was hospitalized he found a fabulous doctor, ahead of his time in understanding abuse. He
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: extinct instinct by victor-victim @ 03/21/15 07:10 AM

such a pleasure to know i impress and impact. so glad you found the time to read and react. appreciation and gratitude for your feedback. “The only alternative to this revolution from equilibrium to evolution is extinction.” ~ Steve Keen
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Highs and lows by Bardo @ 03/21/15 06:45 AM

Tryingtolive, You are certainly not alone! I have been in therapy for about six months now and I have just started to experience some real ups and downs, like the ones you are describing. It is different for everyone, I know. If you feel that you are
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Code for Life by victor-victim @ 03/21/15 03:35 AM

all of these aphorisms, assumptions, allegations, arguments, agreements, algorithms, axioms, apologies, articulations, assertions, aberrations, abstractions and absurdities were arduously and avidly assembled for your amusement. “Here and now, as
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: extinct instinct by WriterKeith @ 03/21/15 03:29 AM

Enjoyed and appreciated this, V. Insightful and thought-provoking.
Poetry
Jump to new posts extinct instinct by victor-victim @ 03/21/15 03:10 AM

Instinct is extinct. If it ever existed. We never missed it. We reflect each other repeatedly until nothing is left but polished mirrored surfaces. Light bounces off impenetrable blank faces. Hollow minds echo empty thoughts without friction.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bad bones by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 11:46 PM

BEHIND THE SCENES AT A PUNK ROCK RECORDING SESSION. THIS IS HOW THEY GET THOSE TORTURED ANIMAL SOUNDS.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bad bones by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 11:43 PM

"All you do is head straight for the grave, a face just covers a skull awhile. Stretch that skull-cover and smile." JACK KEROUAC - Visions Of Cody
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: bad bones by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 11:38 PM

"If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance." - George Bernard Shaw
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by Bluedogone @ 03/20/15 11:03 PM

THANK YOU Victor-Victim and Austin54 for your insights and thoughts. A lot to consider there, as well as all posts on this thread. When you consider that this thread has been open for a couple of months and several posters have made comments during
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New one for me related to my abuser by BraveFalcon @ 03/20/15 10:32 PM

Hi Rich. Well, as much as we've spoken about this personally, reading this post has helped me to understand where you are with all this even more. To this point, I think you've been about as fair and reasonable towards your abuser as it is possible
Jump to new posts Re: Religion / Science by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 10:21 PM

Creator and Universe "Our Universe is a biosphere, a closed system, of E=MC2. A Creator provided two essential ingredients to our Universe: the initial Element, and the Laws governing this Element. I make the following additional assumptions: 1
Humor
Jump to new posts bad tooth by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 09:55 PM

it's time to face the ugly tooth!
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: the art of exprexion by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 09:46 PM

and after all that agony and angst... i present to you the (short) story of my life. http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6ak8nim0F1qb7h9ao1_500.gif a bedtime story to put you to sleep. the plot is thick. the message deep. the ending is n
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stress and cutting by BraveFalcon @ 03/20/15 09:44 PM

Hi Txb. Been a while since we've talked. I hate to hear that you're still dealing wit the urge to cut but, if these types of demons were easy to get rid of, I suppose we wouldn't need a support group in the first place, would we? I don't know what
Humor
Jump to new posts the art of exprexion by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 09:03 PM

EX-PRESS: from Old French espresser, expresser "press, squeeze out"; from Latin expressus "precisely presented" "specially, on purpose", past participle of exprimere "to press out".    
Jump to new posts Re: calling all christian survivors by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 08:40 PM

i find that trust is my biggest issue/problem/concern. some snippets of scripture "yea, let God be true, but every man a liar" "we should not trust in ourselves, but in God" "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ 03/20/15 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: whome"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." James Baldwin A true little statement for us survivors so good. so true. whome. thank you. i made up my ow
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.