Newest Members
aerobear, capam15, Echoes, JohnnyL, Kotar
12747 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Michgem (52), still_lost_in_ca (35), Uber (49), user2007 (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (winter-rain, JayBro, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12747 Members
75 Forums
65637 Topics
459082 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivor Stories
Jump to new posts my story *** TRIGGERS by takingitslow @ 06/30/15 09:59 PM

My story ****** TRIGGERS This is going to be long. I am just going to go with the flow and see what comes out. ******TRIGGERS Being Born. So I am born to out of wedlock early-20-something parents. Grew up in a flat in a nice old Edwardian bu
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Exercise Motivation Team by gettingstronger @ 06/30/15 09:16 PM

txb, Don't feel bad! How many of us actually felt good about our physical selves as kids? (Before the first of my molesters came along, I already loathed myself physically. That was at age six or seven.) If you're enjoying where you're going phy
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: burden by don64 @ 06/30/15 09:14 PM

What a gift you are, Victor. Don
Male Survivors
Henri, I can relate to a lot of this. Perhaps I have written some posts about it before (starting, say 2012?) And I can still make similar posts in 2015. Sometimes I think I ruminate too much. But do I? I am a 27 year old man. Like you, my last (ca
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Undesirable trash by don64 @ 06/30/15 09:09 PM

Magellan, What if: You are going through age appropriate, though extremely challenging, growth--you are developing(did I mention developing, as in not having developed YET) the ability to critically assess your own (did I mention your own instead o
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Inside Out (movie) by gettingstronger @ 06/30/15 09:00 PM

Will, thanks for the heads-up! Sooner or later I'm going to see this with the family, and if I know it's going to be painful, then I can be ready. Everything I've seen from Pixar has a much larger story to it, and the top-notch execution and comic
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: cant get past the shame by victor-victim @ 06/30/15 08:42 PM

dedicated to and inspired by Iaccus poem entitled: BURDEN http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=484692
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Equality by Magellan @ 06/30/15 08:39 PM

I see more people supporting each other than disagreeing with each other, overall. That's something.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Undesirable trash by Magellan @ 06/30/15 08:32 PM

Thank you, Kevin. I appreciate that you took the time to reply. And you are, of course, correct. The wisdom for the ages. However, doing things that that is impossible when I have to deal with things like losing a $4,000 hearing aid at an amusement
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Well that takes the CAKE! by Magellan @ 06/30/15 08:28 PM

Wow. A month ago, one of my $4,000 hearing aids flew out of my ear while riding a roller coaster. It was lost. I couldn't afford to buy a new one. After a week of feeling depressed, I found out that Costco was selling a model hearing aid that I cou
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Disturbing Calll and Cyberbullying by sorryson @ 06/30/15 08:11 PM

Kevin Thank you and we all hope my brother and Mama will make it through this process. It makes me sad to think families that tease do not think it is bullying, it is because it damages self esteem. Mama is now realizing this and compensated by rep
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Disturbing Calll and Cyberbullying by KMCINVA @ 06/30/15 07:43 PM

Paul I am sorry for all the difficulties you have in your life. I hope your mother is able to deal with all the issues she is now recognizing in her life. It is sad, going through life with blinders and then the blinders come off and reality hits is
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Undesirable trash by KMCINVA @ 06/30/15 07:33 PM

Magellan You need to take a step back. Start to take a look at the good things you have done in life and what you can offer others instead of looking at the negative. You have to start telling yourself this every day and when you are feeling down.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Equality by Obi @ 06/30/15 07:07 PM

Vv, I'm sad, disheartened and depressed by all the crap going on in this thread and across the board. what's happening here? What happened to supporting and uplifting everyone here? why are there so many here that are tearing everyone down? tha
Male Survivors
He was a young teacher that loved the outdoors. He was a laid back, calm guy that seemed to just want to have fun and share his enthusiasm for camping, fishing, biking etc... but he was really just a mean person that put his own needs ahead of young
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: burden by zip14 @ 06/30/15 06:43 PM

Well said Victor, well said.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Equality by victor-victim @ 06/30/15 06:40 PM

how are you, obi? is everything ok?
Male Survivors
Domineering mother.
Family and Friends
My relationship has taught me about unconditional love. It has taught me patience and compassion. It has made me stronger and more fearless. It has challenged me at every turn these last 8 years. However I'm learning that if im willing to meet those
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: shame by HD001 @ 06/30/15 05:53 PM

Something that has helped me a lot is working on myself. For me it is usually the case that the things that bother me in other people are things I don't like about myself. And since I can only change myself I finally decided that's what I would do. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Disturbing Calll and Cyberbullying by sorryson @ 06/30/15 05:30 PM

The effect of the cyberbullying has really spilt over. My brother spoke with his family. He is doing better. The police were brought in to talk to the children. Not sure what good that will do or what the police can really do. I guess there are sland
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Equality by Obi @ 06/30/15 04:41 PM

Seriously? I thought MS was a place for support.?.?. I originally came to this site to get the support I needed to work through my recovery, to be a part of a brotherhood of understanding, to help each other rise above the issues from our abuse tha
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: This thread by gaatt @ 06/30/15 04:10 PM

Hi Dark Empathy, Thanks for writing. I enjoyed your post very much. Originally Posted By: dark empathyI take care of myself simply because I don't have a choice, I think that you do have a choice. We all do. You could find a way to destroy your b
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: burden by Nothing Man @ 06/30/15 03:38 PM

Nicely done, Victor. Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Equality by Nothing Man @ 06/30/15 03:36 PM

Hi Victor. I have to admit that I was taken aback by all the backlash from my simple posting of that very first image. I posted it mainly in support of the many brave, gay men here on MS, some of whom I have become friends with. I thought it was ne
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.