Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64157 Topics
447679 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Take Back My Image by BuffaloCO @ 12/13/14 10:56 AM

I really want to change now this whole way I react to my picture. I hope I can get back to T when I finally get a job and keep going with it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Too scared to make it public TRIGGERS by Bardo @ 12/13/14 10:50 AM

tbkkfile, Agree with all above advice. Your T will be a great resource on which to test the waters with new revelations. Hopefully over time you will feel safe enough to tell him/her your full story. But it is your story, as all of the good men here
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by Still @ 12/13/14 10:14 AM

Such a dramatic shock and tragedy. I grew up in a home that lost two of my sisters. One was a sudden accident (34yo), and the other, an aggressive 12-hour virus (3yo) and medical malpractice. Neither were a deliberate crime like your situation. I c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by sorryson @ 12/13/14 10:12 AM

WS thank you. I think the hardest for me was realizing and accepting Dad and I had shared a common pain from our sexual abuse as children. I never let him into my life to share. I felt such guilt and shame how I treated him now knowing he suffered
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: US tortured people -- triggers by Nothing Man @ 12/13/14 09:55 AM

Torture is also against US and international law. The US is a signatory to the ban against torture. Using torture is a crime. Revealing its existence to the world is simply bringing it to light of day. It is not treasonous. Moreover, it is ineff
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: How stupid is this? Possible triggers by Nothing Man @ 12/13/14 09:50 AM

Oddly enough, while I never forgot about the rape I endured at the hands of an adolescent male babysitter, I had buried the years of sexual abuse by my mother. My therapist says that it is a protection mechanism by the brain -- it shields us from wh
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Brother Survivors! :) by Nothing Man @ 12/13/14 09:45 AM

Blaine, I am sorry for the reason that you are here but am glad you found us. MS is populated with fellow survivors such as yourself, and we understand where you are. Please feel free to post as often as you like and to know that you are safe here.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: how to approach the sibling by Bardo @ 12/13/14 09:33 AM

iaccus, I only ever disclosed my abuse to one family member. It was my sister, and I told her over the phone that my brother had abused me when I was 11 y/o. I don't know why I told her, it just came out of the blue. Her response was to tell me that
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 09:03 AM

thank you, ws. much needed. please pray for the parents. pain is only a word. reality is so much worse. i wish i could do more for them. i can only comfort those closest to me.
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 08:57 AM

grateful. thanks david. kind words appreciated. the suffering has only begun. most of us are still wallowing in the luxury of shock and denial. like watching a bad dream on a video screen. but this is a horror movie nightmare. it feels wron
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any Musicians out here?? by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 08:46 AM

musick... in theory and practice. musick... love it. live it. i am a disciple, a devotee, to melody and harmony, but wine, women, and song became holy trinity. sex, drugs, and musick turned into idolatry. too much of a good thing got the b
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Brother Survivors! :) by woodenshoes @ 12/13/14 08:39 AM

Blaine It's reassuring that all you have endured from someone that was supposed to protect not only you but everyone and you are healing. Its helps know there is a point where we might feel normal whatever normal is. I glad you are here to show so
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: how to approach the sibling by learning2remember @ 12/13/14 02:29 AM

I first replied by phone and just couldn't see or type well enough. Now I'm re-doing the reply on my computer. I haven't been through anything quite like what you are describing, iaccus, but, if it is ok, I'll share some of my thoughts, anyway. Fir
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by woodenshoes @ 12/13/14 01:27 AM

Victor-victim I'm truly sorry for your lose. I hope you find the answers you need to heal. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Ws
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: US tortured people -- triggers by Still @ 12/13/14 01:23 AM

In fair rebuttal: That report is an obscene, treasonous, travesty of lies and distortions. For example: Only three prisoners of war were ever water-boarded. With 9-11 having taken 3000 Americans and threats to take many more, I'd tell them to do i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by woodenshoes @ 12/13/14 01:23 AM

Sorryson My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself. Your friend Ws
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by tbkkfile @ 12/13/14 12:41 AM

Dear Victor My heart goes out to you and your family and I'm sending my love and support to you all in this awful time. We maybe thousands of mile apart but you're all right here in my thoughts. Take good care of yourself David
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Boundaries in public by tbkkfile @ 12/13/14 12:33 AM

Hi FB It's totally wrong when people force their own moral code onto others, I spent many years with a Mother who did exactly that. I understand exactly how you feel David
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.