Newest Members
Trina, BreakingSilence, fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44
12704 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bronxguy (45), Dominic (42), MaineSurvivor (52), mrpablo (56), v1tach (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (lapchinj, BDD, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12704 Members
75 Forums
65335 Topics
456925 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Trying, I can relate to how you feel so know you are not the only one. Dealing with this for me is fairly new. I have spent all my life trying to just push it away. That it was me and what happened was not a big deal. I kept saying to myself how I
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? by Hanuman @ 05/23/15 11:37 AM

I have found Belleruth Naparstek Guided Imagery and Affirmation (CD) http://www.healthjourneys.com/Store/Products/Healing-Trauma-PTS-Health-Journeys/19 - helpful in my search. She begins with "I declare my intention to heal myself in body, mi
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ 05/23/15 10:08 AM

And not a word of sympathy from Mike Huckabee about the victims. Says a lot.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Chase Eric @ 05/23/15 09:57 AM

Mike Huckabee's FaceBook Post: Originally Posted By: Mike HuckabeeJanet and I want to affirm our support for the Duggar family. Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, 'inexcusable,' but that doesn’t mean 'unfo
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Explaining medication history by bcl092 @ 05/23/15 09:06 AM

In general, I hate Doctors, more Psychiatrists but I'm sure there are a few good Doctors and not Psychiatrists. Anyway, I found this funny. I had to go to an Endocrinologist a few days ago. Usually everyone asks why I was on just about every medicati
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ 05/23/15 08:51 AM

How "standing by Josh" blames the victims, once again: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/23...Going-to-Church
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ 05/23/15 08:36 AM

And another about how the dysfunctionality of the Duggar family could have contributed to his terrible acts: http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/..._some_pity.html
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ 05/23/15 08:30 AM

Here is an enlightening article about why "purity" and its onus on children is harmful: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/05/22/the-duggars-dangerous-cult-of-purity/
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by Nothing Man @ 05/23/15 08:20 AM

Pretty hard to believe that Mike Huckabee would actually take Josh's side on this. Does he think that the abuse was actually not Josh's fault?
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: .gay for me. by Nothing Man @ 05/23/15 08:19 AM

Goran, I am really happy that you are able to vent your feelings of frustration. This has to be cathartic for you. Keep it up. Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: depressed .. Isolated .. Anxiety ....more rambling by Nothing Man @ 05/23/15 08:17 AM

Tryingtolive, you are absolutely not alone. Many of us have felt exactly as you do right now. Please try to remember that your abuse did not just happen, your brother chose to do it to you. Children cannot consent, they can only comply, and having
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ 05/23/15 07:22 AM

Banterings that was beautiful. He has helped so many here. I just hope they have not pushed him into one of those dissociative episodes where he disappears for a few days. I know his family took delight in putting him in those conditions, we loved t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: depressed .. Isolated .. Anxiety ....more rambling by manipulated @ 05/23/15 07:01 AM

Trying, You are among friends here. I, and many others have been in the darkness too. Please feel free to post what you feel. It helps to get it out and NO ONE here doubts you, or the abuse. Your brother violated your youth and it is a big deal. I
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts depressed .. Isolated .. Anxiety ....more rambling by Tryingtolive @ 05/23/15 04:49 AM

Still haven't really improved on any of these symptoms ... . I'll have a really good day I'm motivated and my mind is clear and the next I'm a different person . A different mind set . I have days where All I want to do is sleep then I have days whe
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Duggars and the minimization of Incest & Abuse by tbkkfile @ 05/23/15 01:50 AM

For anyone interested in what a politician thinks scroll down https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee?fref=nf
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by banterings @ 05/23/15 12:02 AM

Kevin, I know that you are checking this thread looking for a hand to pull you out of that dark place that you are in. I know this because I have been there before. We all have. I too was having a bad day and came to Male Survivors to post because
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: survivors forgiving perps need not be swift by Mishka95673 @ 05/23/15 12:01 AM

Wow...you went through hell. I am so glad to see how well you have worked your way through it - very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? by focusedbody @ 05/22/15 11:58 PM

Gaatt: Wendy Maltz's book "The Sexual Healing Journey" has a good list of ways to think about sex that are healthy. I'm not sure they are affirmations exactly, but they do help guide one's thinking in a good direction. I think I have als
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: survivors forgiving perps need not be swift by victor-victim @ 05/22/15 10:01 PM

i, too, believe that i understand forgiveness. this is my own experience. full of triggers and trauma! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! Healing Through Forgiveness http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...2551#Post432551 (all comments are welcome)
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by sorryson @ 05/22/15 09:43 PM

If anyone hears from Kevin please let me know. His email, we had given each other emails when we met at another site dealing with PSA. We used it this week and today when I emailed it was returned unknown recipient. I am concerned. I showed my sist
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: survivors forgiving perps need not be swift by Mishka95673 @ 05/22/15 08:55 PM

Great post Victor! I understand forgiveness. It took me 25 years to forgive someone for something stupid she did as a teenager (had a one night stand with my boyfriend at the time). She is back in my life but I keep her at a distance; we are too dif
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: visions/flashbacks poss. triggers be warned by Bluedogone @ 05/22/15 08:48 PM

Hi betrayed boy, Sorry to hear you're having these flashbacks. Unfortunately, they happen too often, and it's almost like going through the abuse all over again. I'm always so glad when they're over, and I can get grounded in the reality of NOW. I
Male Survivors
Unfortunately not all that uncommon, such flashbacks.. Have had plenty myself both about things i had and hadn't forgotten about.Take your time writing this out... Doesn't have to be all at once Take care BB!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by txb @ 05/22/15 06:28 PM

I had surgery on my hand to repair tendons and it was done with some kind of a block anaesthetic. They injected it into the top of my arm. Maybe you could ask them about that? I think they probably prefer people to be under general anaesthetic becaus
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts visions/flashbacks poss. triggers be warned by betrayed boy @ 05/22/15 06:14 PM

a month or so ago I had my 1st flashback during HC, it was so very shocking to me, now I've had a couple more centered around my abuse (sexual) around 1964-1966, in all of them I was like a 3rd party watching myself in them, powerless to do anythin
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.