Newest Members
Lalinda, RichNewman, woodyamorc, Mark B, Jam1e
12598 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bowen (50), CNYTX11 (43), markchristopher (28), RPG (61)
Who's Online
7 registered (Taylor238, freeze-on, Cthulhu, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12598 Members
74 Forums
64684 Topics
452070 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 02/24/15 02:56 PM

don't leave me! don't leave me. daddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd " it iwas 1985 and they put nailpolish on me and dressed me as a girl. "look at me daddy". I saw his face....I will never forget. I felt so gross , I felt I had t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Karl Jung and My Shadow by Still @ 02/24/15 02:56 PM

Maybe I'll never stop looking for the source and explanation of the evil that was in those four older boys. The more I discover about brain theory and the human condition, the more I find continued and stronger forgiveness. And I find the human to
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts My Shadow by Still @ 02/24/15 02:47 PM

"Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is. It may be (in part) one's link to more primitive animal instincts, which are superseded during early childhood by the consc
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "The Body Keeps the Score" by Rich1967 @ 02/24/15 02:28 PM

The video takingitslow posted was amazing...almost done. Too bad work gets in the way or I'd be done by now. I determined that being triggered was somehow putting me back in states related to my abuse a while back but this really makes it clearer.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pathologize behavior by Robert1000 @ 02/24/15 11:37 AM

thanks guys. thanks for the thoughts. I'm thinking I'll get back into therapy, because well because I guess I'm up for a little more healing. Healing is a pain in the butt, but it's well worth the effort. Anyway, I've been thinking over your respon
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by bluesky @ 02/24/15 11:33 AM

Motmcd I am sorry for your pain and suffering that you are going through. When I read this post it touched me so deeply I started to cry. The feeling of the injustice and betrayal are so painful. Wishing you love, peace and healing. What gets me i
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Question for Spouses/Supporters of Survivors by Robert1000 @ 02/24/15 11:28 AM

Well, thank you both. I certainly appreciate the compliments. And I have to say, Esposa, that it's really great to see you... handle or whatever we call it. Screen name? Anyway, thank you. I appreciate both of your comments. I just read them for the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by Chase Eric @ 02/24/15 10:41 AM

Quote:It's hard to describe how I feel about the possibility of talking to her. One the one hand, I don't really hold it against her that she tormented me for several years when we were kids. No matter how personal it is, I just don't think you can h
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: New Ontario Sex Education Fails by bey @ 02/24/15 09:17 AM

i don't really follow education in ontario news so i don't know if point one is true, but if it is i suppose it goes to show that there are sick people in every walk of life, including curriculum writing. point 2 sounds fine to me - if you are goin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pathologize behavior by newground @ 02/24/15 08:53 AM

hey Robert I feel so much where you are in this. with some differences i guess. my wife knows she can't push me to do anything. the fear and shame all that would just boil over and nothing good could come of it. but she does support me and I do fee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pathologize behavior by KMCINVA @ 02/24/15 07:52 AM

Bob I can relate to your feelings and emotions. Dissociation was a major coping mechanism for me. It became stronger and longer in duration over time. I was scared but fear and shame held me back from telling what happened so long ago. I like you r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by KMCINVA @ 02/24/15 07:08 AM

Paul It looks like it is coming together for you and your family. Your mother even agrees the way your father's wife handled illness was the right way. Got to give her credit because they say the older we get the harder it is to change--she is provi
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: gave my phone number by peroperic2009 @ 02/24/15 04:02 AM

Hello Goran, good to see you here ! I'm sorry that you have been caught in this situation but the good thing is that you can always make some excuse and avoid unwanted communication buy saying that you are busy or not answering to unknown calls/phon
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Let me get home before dark by victor-victim @ 02/24/15 02:49 AM

Let Me Get Home Before Dark Itís sundown, Lord. The shadows of my life stretch back into the dimness of the years long spent. I fear not death, for that grim foe betrays himself at last, thrusting me forever into life: Life with You, unsoiled and fr
Poetry
Jump to new posts Drainage Ditch - Al Ferber by victor-victim @ 02/24/15 12:43 AM

Drainage Ditch Some days it feels as though I'm hauling my bones around behind me in a burlap sack dried bones devoid of marrow brittle bones that could break like glass life pushes me from from one step to the the next leads me to fou
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: A Question for Spouses/Supporters of Survivors by Mishka95673 @ 02/23/15 11:29 PM

Oh wow Bob...I am with Esposa on this one. You are incredible! I love how you reasoned through the situation and in the end decided it won't hurt just to make sure everything is ok. Perhaps something of value to discuss is the very reasonable need to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I Knew This Would Happen Some Day by BraveFalcon @ 02/23/15 11:06 PM

Hi guys. Been a LOOOONG time since I posted anything really meaningful here at MS. I've never completely gone away though. I'm usually lurking around here and there but just haven't been posting. Hope everyone is well. Those of you who've known me s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pathologize behavior by Rich1967 @ 02/23/15 10:42 PM

Hey Bob, My wife thinks I have changed so much that she has a hard time trusting our relationship. I feel like I have changed so much for the better and for once feel good about myself and my relationships. My recovery has caused my marriage to su
Poetry
Jump to new posts Norman O. Brown by victor-victim @ 02/23/15 10:39 PM

Freedom is poetry, taking liberties with words, breaking the rules of normal speech, violating common sense.      ~ Norman O. Brown
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by sorryson @ 02/23/15 09:16 PM

Thank you for the support. Mama has been amazing. I will tell you the interaction between Mama and Dad's wife has been pretty good. My sister said she thinks Mama respects Dad's wife for everything she did for Dad. My sister and I were speaking
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: that's just wrong! by Shyshark @ 02/23/15 08:52 PM

um ...... Let me make this perfectly clear. This poem does not refer to any specific individual. There is conflict here ... it's inevitable ... and arguments are perfectly understandable. Often the protagonists are not equal in strength ... but I'm
Poetry
Jump to new posts that's just wrong! by Shyshark @ 02/23/15 08:12 PM

it's a paradise here many come not all get near most all are kind and keep the best first in their mind some don't care they grab at more than their fair share a few are mean they lurk in shadows stay unseen until their chance comes along to grip
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by motmcd @ 02/23/15 06:24 PM

Hi Kevin. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there's no civil recourse, and I'm not even sure I'd pursue legal avenues if they were available to me; although it's not out of the question. My abuser was still a priest when reassigned to a Catho
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 02/23/15 06:21 PM

i needed to talk to someone. "what is going on goran?" absolutle shit! I tried reaching out. I need to hear my voice. I was in a hottub. and now I am at a computer. I need to call this guy I met at a gay men's group. He left me a
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Politicians and their ilk by woodenshoes @ 02/23/15 06:13 PM

Nm I guess you have to be careful how you vote. Ws
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.