Newest Members
campAQT, payne, JeremyFlicker, Nathan L, dropsofawe
12740 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alex (52), sa32 (41), Val (48)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jwmcd2, 4 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12740 Members
75 Forums
65596 Topics
458786 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by Bluedogone @ 06/24/15 04:35 PM

Victor, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I don't like pain - it hurts. I hope it won't be too long before you get over what you took to get over what you took to get over the surgery. Ouch, is right.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by Magellan @ 06/24/15 04:27 PM

Wow VV. I hope you have a speedy recovery from all this.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ouch again! by victor-victim @ 06/24/15 02:42 PM

something bad. yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. pain in the guts. felt like i was being impaled on a red hot poker. like i was being turned inside out. excruciating. i was screaming. some bad reaction to all the post op dru
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by Robert1000 @ 06/24/15 01:25 PM

Thanks. Same to you with yours. In my situation, I grew up in a family that had tons of secrets and denial. For instance, my mom was sexually abused. An uncle fondled her. She told the uncle that she'd tell her mom, and he never did it again. That'
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: This thread by dark empathy @ 06/24/15 01:01 PM

@Gart, the problem is however much you say "can't do it alone" that is what I am stuck with. When you've got a disability the plane and honest truth is you are alone sinse most people believe you don't exist. Things are improving for people
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone relate? by Gusbus777 @ 06/24/15 12:55 PM

I think a lot of people can relate to the need to drink to relax and feel more comfortable around others. I know I used to do it a lot and still do if I'm being honest with myself. It sounds totally natural that something you associate with a trauma
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: What should people never say to a male survivor? by dark empathy @ 06/24/15 12:39 PM

And another great one today from my mum: "Your not a surviver, You like being a victim" Yes that's right, all my fault as per usual. In fairness this was just the usual arguement, ie, my mum thinks something is for my good so if I don'
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mixed Feelings - Literally by Rich1967 @ 06/24/15 12:01 PM

Magellan, Just so you know everything I have ever read from you has always struck a deep chord inside me. I so relate to the pain you express so well in the things you write. I also really admire the thought and effort it takes to see these things
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Mixed Feelings - Literally by Magellan @ 06/24/15 10:46 AM

Thanks to KMCINVA's recent post on symptoms of PTSD, which made me recall all the reading I've done on CSA and trauma recovery, I think I might have had a personal insight that I want to share. I just thought of this moments ago, so I have no idea h
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Some Price is Chosen *****TRIGGERING****** by KMCINVA @ 06/24/15 08:54 AM

I had to pause the video on and off several times. When he talked of the abuse, I could see myself on the cellar floor of the church, crying and waiting for it to happen over and over. He spoke of the suicide of his friend who was also raped, I thoug
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have the same issue by Rich1967 @ 06/24/15 08:25 AM

Tryingtolive I relate to much of what you are saying. When I was growing up I never had any sexual desires for men or women. They were just people to me. When guys started talking about their sexual conquests I never knew what to think other than
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Some Price is Chosen *****TRIGGERING****** by Chase Eric @ 06/24/15 12:01 AM

It is easy to confuse the catharsis of revenge with justice. But revenge is selfish. There were likely others on the sidelines who knew what this abuser was doing. But thanks to the actions of this victim, those witnesses remain free to keep the s
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Men supporting men. What does that look like? by Rich1967 @ 06/23/15 11:22 PM

Thanks CJ. Your words are like music to my ears. First session was a success although small turn out. I was competing with another speaker/topic that was only being given once so when people found out I was talking again tomorrow on the same sub
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Out of the blue by Suwanee @ 06/23/15 10:28 PM

Two things: Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing" on the radio and the smell of Clearasil. Why does the summer of 1985 linger like the stale smell left by a long-departed smoker? Will
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Day's Music by Suwanee @ 06/23/15 10:24 PM

June 23, 2015 I dub thee: Will
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Some Price is Chosen *****TRIGGERING****** by Publius @ 06/23/15 10:14 PM

I understand the anger. The rage. I've fantasized about beating my abuser to death with a baseball bat or walking up to him in public and shooting him in the head all the usual stuff. It doesn't really make sense to me in the end, however, as he h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have the same issue by Publius @ 06/23/15 09:54 PM

Hey Tryingtolive I can tell you there were and still are times when this sort banter back and forth was pretty uncomfortable for me as well. It was weird, as you mentioned, going from a place where this sort of thing didn't cause me to bat an eye to
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by Mishka95673 @ 06/23/15 09:40 PM

FB, You make some outstanding points!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by focusedbody @ 06/23/15 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Robert1000 We keep each other at an emotional distance, and so the deceit is mostly of omission. Robert: This is a key issue because what can be interpreted from the omission are things that not only may not be true, but which
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To disclose or not to disclose by don64 @ 06/23/15 06:40 PM

Hi Gusbus777, I have similar thoughts and feelings, and have not reached a conclusion about what disclosing means to me. I know that whenever I have unresolved issues inside myself it becomes more important to feel free to talk about it. So, at 66
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by newground @ 06/23/15 06:01 PM

oh BTW Robert I feels GREAT for me to have some people who I can come SO CLOSE to trusting and beyond the trust I Totally know they love me. it really is a help
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking advice/ a friend of a survivor. by Judith @ 06/23/15 05:47 PM

Mishka I already saw those. I was talk about the latest one i sent to the thread. Only one responded after the latest response. on june 3 They responded to my earlier one before June 3. I update since June 3 and only one responded since June 3.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to calm down - he lied again by Judith @ 06/23/15 05:44 PM

mishka I deleted out my comments on this thread that is why you got a notice about it again. I left certain comments in So that is why you are seeing another response to it. Judith
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking advice/ a friend of a survivor. by Mishka95673 @ 06/23/15 05:44 PM

Hi Judith, Don't know if you saw it but on the first page, CJ and Blu also responded. Best, Mishka
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When/How/If you tell your children by newground @ 06/23/15 05:29 PM

hi Robert I wanted to reply to your post earlier but it is difficult on my android so here it is now instead. I think that telling your family CAN be a very helpful and useful thing, I went into my marriage without telling my wife anything about my
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.