Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64157 Topics
447679 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: how to approach the sibling by Rustam @ 12/13/14 09:17 PM

When I disclosed the abuse by the father, none of my siblings believed me they were all furious, that was over twenty years ago and I have only seen one of them since. They couldn't deal with it then and still cannot, of course having their support w
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: My Brother Survivors by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 08:12 PM

ˇYES! that's good poem. drive it home. thank you, brother. can i have another?
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 08:06 PM

sorry i missed it.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: My Brother Survivors by Hanuman @ 12/13/14 08:03 PM

Walking Buffalo - thank you for sharing! This is a beautiful poem!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello.... i feel compelled to say by Hanuman @ 12/13/14 07:59 PM

Iaccus - your post resonates in my heart; thank you for sharing. Following 42 years of silence, I finally disclosed when the trauma of my wife leaving me opened a dam of pain. I feel sad when I think that I did not tell my dad prior to his death th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What is Emotional Neglect? by wollensak @ 12/13/14 07:54 PM

Sugarbaby I can totally relate to what you said in your post. I've gone through exactly the same thing with my former partner (now we are on again off again). Every time I'm going through a stressful time, he really puts the screws too me and then
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: How stupid is this? Possible triggers by Hanuman @ 12/13/14 07:47 PM

You are not stupid! You are brave!
Poetry
Jump to new posts science of conscience by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 07:44 PM

dedicated and inspired by CheerfulJohn, tbkkfile, woodenshoes, Still, and pufferfish. to all victims and survivors, sisters and brothers, in memory of the ones who didn't make it, the missing and the lost, the ones we left behind... we carry on i
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Brother Survivors! :) by Hanuman @ 12/13/14 07:40 PM

Powerful - thank you for your courageous sharing - inspiring!
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts I don't fit in anywhere by InsideTheWall @ 12/13/14 06:50 PM

This post is probably going to be a little different than whats usually posted here. I'm not confused about my sexual orientation, I know that I'm straight. But identifying with any sort of sexual identity is new to me and something I need to address
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Brother Survivors! :) by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 06:36 PM

welcome, WalkingBuffalo. love your intro. love your info. nothing to disagree with, except what happened to you. my wife's family named me Walking Eagle. we walk this trail together. welcome to ms.org. thank you for joining us. hey... i'
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello.... i feel compelled to say by Bardo @ 12/13/14 06:17 PM

Iaccus, Your story is our story. My abuse and the resulting issues, drove me from many of the things I truly loved, including flying. I was able to finish a rewarding military career, but without the satisfaction of my great passion aviation. I'm dee
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 06:11 PM

thank you, CJ! please pray for us. no matter how far you are. prayer knows not duration nor distance. god created time and space, we can experience eternal existence. god gives his glory and grace. we can feel his omnipresence. gaze upon h
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I'm here. I'm scared, but I'm here. by Bardo @ 12/13/14 06:07 PM

Landscape, We are still here! I'm glad this year has shown you some progress. The great beauty of this site for me is the 24/7 presence of so many brothers. brothers who (unlike mine), will never let you down! Keep us posted on your progress, and I l
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Brother Survivors! :) by Bardo @ 12/13/14 05:59 PM

Blaine, Welcome, and thank you for sharing some of your story. Your success is a great example for those of us in other places on our journey. I look forward to hearing more from you, and hope that you find those last pieces of your great puzzle. And
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by victor-victim @ 12/13/14 05:59 PM

we, the family, have litlle or no clue if there has been a crime. still waiting for facts and details and documents. people directly involved are unavailable or in shock. mourning has not even begun yet. trying too hard not to talk about it, we
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: This was the 'worst part of my abuse,' by lapchinj @ 12/13/14 03:26 PM

Hey Obi Thanks so much for the compliments but unfortunately I still feel that I was a shitty little kid. Especially now after all that has been coming out about me throughout my childhood. Even though the worst part of my life between the ages of 1
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Take Back My Image by lapchinj @ 12/13/14 03:08 PM

Hey Buffalo Yeah, I agree that our image is not only an actual photo but really who we are. I think that is a profound thought. I know that we are all fighting a war in order that we can see ourselves in a better light or rather in a light that we
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Too scared to make it public TRIGGERS by learning2remember @ 12/13/14 02:32 PM

I'm too scared to go public, so I can't tell you what to do. I, too, sometimes feel guilty when I see survivors of either gender bravely telling their stories. So far, I've told some people. (Let's see: 2 brothers, my father, 3 therapists, 2 friends
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any Musicians out here?? by concerned_husky @ 12/13/14 02:01 PM

I always did think it would be pretty cool if a couple of musicians from MS could collaborate and record something meaningful for the community. Hope it can still happen one day.
Jump to new posts Re: pray for my family by CheerfulJohn @ 12/13/14 01:34 PM

Praying. Terrible news. I'm distant too in miles....but praying. CJ
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Boundaries in public by learning2remember @ 12/13/14 01:05 PM

That kind of behaviour is socially unacceptable. It is rude to others, extremely so if you are in an elevator with them. Unfortunately, there are certain kinds of public displays of affection which for me constitute more than bad manners; but trigge
Poetry
Jump to new posts My Brother Survivors by WalkingBuffalo @ 12/13/14 12:33 PM

This is a poem I wrote for the mens group I was involved with a few years back.The ladies can simply put "sister" in instead. MY BROTHER SURVIVORS We've hidden in the shadows long enough Some of us hiding, others acting
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: US tortured people -- triggers by Still @ 12/13/14 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManTorture is also against US and international law. The US is a signatory to the ban against torture. Using torture is a crime. Revealing its existence to the world is simply bringing it to light of day. It is not t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Reflection and Being Thankful by woodenshoes @ 12/13/14 11:14 AM

Sorryson We can all say we were rotten sons. We are either a leader or a follower. As children we are taught to do what i say. I believe you are a good person in finding out what took place. You had the option to walk away but you seek the truth.
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.