Newest Members
Allen_Walker, Cas, Elysium83, Matthew8, GreenTurtles
12779 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (38), illbedat (27), Mike58 (57), Mnovit (39), Mongo (25), pwdasw (65), Raymond Sean (39), yesac76 (39)
Who's Online
10 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, don64, lionking, 5 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12779 Members
75 Forums
65827 Topics
460371 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Secrecy, Threats, and Transparency by don64 @ 07/27/15 08:10 PM

The biggest danger from secrecy for me is the secrecy within myself from myself. I still explore what discernmnet means to me, and how I feel about the what's and who's and how's and when's of information sharing. I didn't begin to remember the abus
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Secrecy, Threats, and Transparency by Judd @ 07/27/15 05:52 PM

I can ditto what Bey has said. I grew up in a world of secrets and "we need to keep this between us" threats on all aspects of life. Due to the effect this had on placing almost the stress of keeping this situation a secret and myself bei
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ 07/27/15 05:47 PM

im not fully out. I get it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Secrecy, Threats, and Transparency by bey @ 07/27/15 05:31 PM

Hey Alex, i for sure have strong feelings about transparency. It is important to me to feel like i can have an open dialogue with people about things and not feel like there is a lot of sneaking going on behind closed doors. I think a lot of that als
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ 07/27/15 05:07 PM

I plan my meals. the brain can handel this. make sure goran eats. I was gagging on your bro dick. everytime I sleep they would tp upt put shit in my mouth. I try to feel. my t always says stay with the feeling. what feeling? I think and f
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by Sterling @ 07/27/15 05:04 PM

I ruined my day! I was prepping some meals and ... got to catch that bus. Have to get to Rainbow Resource Center. " so what is going on?" I hate my dad. " get over it" you want a boyfriend get a guy. that simple.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Secrecy, Threats, and Transparency by AlexBoyd @ 07/27/15 04:59 PM

Most, if not all, of us were made to keep the abuse secret. Perps often used threats as a way to maintain that silence. My brother, for example, threatened to shoot me in my sleep if I ever told, and the neighbor threatened to show his photos of me t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Devastated to Learn Dad Told of His Abuse by KMCINVA @ 07/27/15 02:40 PM

Paul Thank you for the update. You and your family are covering a lot of needed ground. Your stepmother I admire her courage to enter this issue. I admire she always seems to want to reassure you and your brother and sister of your father's love. R
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by iaccus @ 07/27/15 11:58 AM

Stay strong my brother, you are not alone in any of this!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I can't stop the self loathing by Magellan @ 07/27/15 11:18 AM

No matter how hard I try, it's like a monster with OCD in my head. I wake up feeling lonely and depressed, and the first automatic thought starts "I'll never find someone to love". And it will often spiral down from there, causing me to en
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by bey @ 07/27/15 11:01 AM

You are for sure not the only one who feels any of that, and you have nothing to be sorry for. I could have written almost the same post. A lot of this stuff is difficult and embarassing to talk about, but you arent weird or alone or the only one.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by AlexBoyd @ 07/27/15 10:51 AM

Please don't hate yourself for the way your body and mind continues to respond to the abuse. It is not uncommon at all. You are not pathetic. You are hurting. We are here for you, and you don't need to be ashamed here.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Hating myself *trigger warning* by KMCINVA @ 07/27/15 07:54 AM

SMC1972 Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry you endured much pain by your parents. I can understand how your father's death must weigh on you and raises the thoughts of your past. You have nothing to be ashamed of because you were the vic
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Vacation by Tryingtolive @ 07/27/15 02:45 AM

Deleted
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Hating myself *trigger warning* by smc1972 @ 07/27/15 01:39 AM

I have been here I guess for about 8 months and have posted some and chatted yet deep down I still have things that are destroying me emotionally and physically. They seem to have become worst with my fathers death. I have been to scared, embarssed
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: And that is a wrap.... by Mishka95673 @ 07/26/15 07:23 PM

Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: And that is a wrap.... by MountainGirl @ 07/26/15 07:22 PM

I'm sorry, Sugarbaby. Hugs to you.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Things I didn't know about beards until I had one by manipulated @ 07/26/15 06:59 PM

Sorry no beard but moustaches: 1. condense moisture and freeze in position in the winter causing pain when you smile. 2. no matter what you do or how often you trim sooner or later you WILL nibble hair. 3. Moustaches also gather store and rain sw
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts And that is a wrap.... by sugarbaby @ 07/26/15 06:50 PM

H got drunk at a wedding a few weeks ago and I threw him out. He blew his wagon ride that started in 2008 after a suicide attempt that was the culmination of a two year bender. 4 days in ICU, reconstructive surgery, one resuscitation, a few weeks in
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by toysoldier @ 07/26/15 04:00 PM

In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Ask The Website Committee
Jump to new posts Where are my posts? by intochange @ 07/26/15 03:11 PM

I've posted in here, but my page says I have 0 posts. Haven't had an agreeable experience with this site yet. Moderator response - Are you looking in the right places? We show you have made 15 posts since Feb 23, not including this one. All your
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Southern Michigan Northwest Ohio by newground @ 07/26/15 03:09 PM

there is a group in st clair shores that I attend. you can find the information here on the home page. as far as I can find it is the ONLY group in michigan
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: the worst day ever by newground @ 07/26/15 03:04 PM

I agree seeing it and feeling it are NOT the same guys. there are times when I can find positives. other times when I absolutely can not. at least this is something to consider in the milder times.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Piano Notes in a Dark Room by Suwanee @ 07/26/15 02:08 PM

When I stopped by chat a while back, a few members were discussing pieces of piano music found in unlikely places such as video games. YouTube links were posted that led to some really haunting music. That discussion stirred a memory of my own. I fin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: before and after ..post your before and after by Rich1967 @ 07/26/15 12:31 PM

My before was lonely on the inside and a slow loss of my ability to connect with others but all the while appearing normal on the outside. Always fearing my secret would be seen by anyone who got too close. I never felt normal or accepted most of m
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.