Newest Members
jeremy slicker, Hope4better, SoFarAhead, yayasdad, HereNow
12642 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
davis (65), lipsticklullabies (26), MG7411201 (41), Peterrr (26), speyday (52), taipan (52), unlucky skin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12642 Members
74 Forums
64928 Topics
453967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociating, wtf happened? by Bluedogone @ 03/26/15 03:44 PM

Sven, I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed and unsafe now. Not being in complete control of your emotions or your surroundings can be a real downer. But if you've found that running and reading are the only things that seem to help in this type sit
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rave review by Nothing Man @ 03/26/15 03:02 PM

Victor, I am glad that things are starting to work out. You deserve to not be bullied and harassed. You are a good person.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I am back.. 8 years later by Nothing Man @ 03/26/15 02:58 PM

Hi SS. I am so sorry all this has happened. What are you doing to take care of yourself? This is impacting you as well and it is obviously very, very difficult. Sending you strength -- NM
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociating, wtf happened? by Nothing Man @ 03/26/15 02:54 PM

Hi ((Sven)) How are you doing? Sending you support, Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dissociating, wtf happened? by concerned_husky @ 03/26/15 02:40 PM

(((Sven))) Hang in there.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Mother's support is vital for sexually abused chil by traveler @ 03/26/15 01:33 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/mothers-support-vital-sexually-abused-children-192405024.html
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shamed by Greg56 @ 03/26/15 12:43 PM

Thank You all very much for your responses, they've not gone unnoticed or unfelt. Greg
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Some Days by iamnotbubba @ 03/26/15 12:27 PM

Thank you so much. For me to be so public is a way to give a big F* You to all the abusers that told us to be quiet and to keep it a secret. My wife told me once that this shame that I feel is not my own. She said that I should place the shame back o
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Still A Proud Dad! by AlexBoyd @ 03/26/15 11:22 AM

Congratulations and job well done...both of you.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Men supporting men. What does that look like? by Rich1967 @ 03/26/15 10:49 AM

@gettingstronger - you say it so concisely and I like that. I'm not known for my brevity I appreciate all the "cents" you can give me. @JG - good to hear from you and thanks for posting on this thread. Sounds like we have a lot in co
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Your Spiritual Journey by Acorn2Oak @ 03/26/15 08:29 AM

Bardo, I relate very well to your statement: "I have learned that this is more for me than recovery from my sexual abuse at the hands of my brother. It is a defining step in my spiritual journey." In my case, like you, have spent my whole
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Abuser May Be Dying by KMCINVA @ 03/26/15 06:57 AM

Thank you everyone. It is just one of those situations I have not control over. The emotions are generally in check and then there are times I see him, not as he looks today but as he looked to me as a child. I remember what he did and try not to let
Survivors of Female Abuse
She came back from her honeymoon recently and visited. She always makes a scene or complains loudly if I don't hug her and though I tried to avoid it she hugged me, and she always presses me hard against her which I hate the feeling of, and kissed me
A large part of why I think I've found it hard to accept/understand my first period of abuse is because the abuser has always outwardly been so "good", like the last person anyone would ever suspect because nowadays especially they act like
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Ups Downs Forward Backward by sorryson @ 03/26/15 06:00 AM

I have been focused on coming to terms with my CSA. It is more difficult than I thought or maybe wished. Some days I feel great and others very bad. As I talk to doctors and my counselor about the abuse the images are more vivid, terrifying and real
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: good news! by Banjo596 @ 03/26/15 05:02 AM

Congratulations Lee!!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rave review by traveler @ 03/26/15 04:10 AM

Victor - congrats on the official victory. i hope you can eventually win the real life freedom from harassment and conflict. Lee
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt over not stopping it by smc1972 @ 03/26/15 01:07 AM

Bey, My abuse came frome both my parents from your age until late teens. I myself even have a hard time with the word abuse. I for a long time convinceed myself it was not abuse even now the word bother me. Now at 43 I know it was but I have only st
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Ribbon Campaign for Male Survivors? by Chase Eric @ 03/25/15 11:26 PM

Blue ribbons designate child abuse awareness, something that was highlighted during the Penn State sex abuse scandal. In fact, a depiction of Sandusky on a campus mural was temporarily replaced with a blue ribbon (ultimately, that was replaced by a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts What triggers do you have ? by Tryingtolive @ 03/25/15 11:22 PM

how do you know when your being triggered. I'm having a hard time understanding what triggers me . Or it might be just a mental illness not to sure
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cooks Corner a Male Survivors Guide to Food by bluesky @ 03/25/15 11:11 PM

Tomorrow is the big day me and a friend are going to share so home brewed mead and some fermented fish called Garum. It is a fermented fish sauce used as a condiment that was eaten in roman times we have been fermenting them for about 4 months. Let y
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shamed by bluesky @ 03/25/15 11:02 PM

Shame only lives in the darkness. Once we have light and compassion for our selves shame dissolves and disappears like a shadow in the sun. That compassion is finding our voice that went in to hiding it did this in order to protect us and others, nur
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sortah Disturbing by victor-victim @ 03/25/15 10:09 PM

don't try this at home, kids! ice + skates + chainsaw = mortal wound | grievous injury looks like an emergency about to emerge. 50 year old victor does not approve. 15 year old victor says "why didn't i think of that?"
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: rave review by victor-victim @ 03/25/15 09:54 PM

one step closer. a 31 official page report has been filed and will be presented to the membership at the next general meeting. it contains the details of the incident and the resulting consequences. this official report has completely exonerated
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sortah Disturbing by Still @ 03/25/15 09:43 PM

I like the hot-pink ear muffs! Its a good effect.
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.