Newest Members
Trina, BreakingSilence, fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44
12704 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
george of kent (77), HarborSeeker (50), locknbar (31), russo (36), Stewdawg (53), TM (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (Mark954, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12704 Members
75 Forums
65339 Topics
456955 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: My oped in reply to Louis CK monologue by Still @ 05/24/15 10:27 AM

Does anyone here have the contacts and industry swag to get a sit-down with Mr. CK? Chris Anderson would be most diplomatic and constructive in setting a right-course.
Family and Friends
Good article
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feelings of guilt and shame by iaccus @ 05/24/15 10:24 AM

I am with you brother!
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Great article strengthening couple's relationship by Mishka95673 @ 05/24/15 09:34 AM

http://www.getrelationshipsright.com/tryingagain/
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by bey @ 05/24/15 09:34 AM

Beautiful (and I kind of like the sound quality!)
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Take Back My Image by BuffaloCO @ 05/24/15 09:21 AM

Sorry but that would not be possible. Someday maybe, I'll make one that I could share here. Thing is though, recording that I did not trigger even once. We can take back our image because it never belonged to them in the first place. Healing is p
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog,new trick by Nothing Man @ 05/24/15 09:20 AM

This sounds a lot like the 12th step of AA, bringing the possibility of sobriety to those alcoholics who are still drinking. Bringing the news that healing is possible to those survivors of CSA not only helps them but also is therapeutic to the brin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Old dog,new trick by justplainme @ 05/24/15 08:22 AM

Sometimes it feels after recovery that you end up right you were before, a great part of leaving pain behind comes from outgrowing your problems, not in a chronological type of way, but the way you would clothes that don't fit, you just don't fit int
Poetry
Jump to new posts trauma trauma by bey @ 05/24/15 08:10 AM

We fall asleep backs to each other Perched on either edge of the bed Curled around our traumas We push and push against them Until they are small enough to fit in our mouths We each fall asleep with our trauma Tucked in our cheeks Poking it with our
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feelings of guilt and shame by manipulated @ 05/24/15 07:46 AM

After waking up recently hearing my perpetrator's voice in my room saying again "See, you like it" because of my physical reaction, (he has been dead for more than a decade), I understand how guilt and shame burst strongly on us as we begin
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by Sven @ 05/24/15 06:57 AM

Love it everytime i listen to it It's going on the cd! p.s. without headphones i don't hear the noise as much either
Jump to new posts Re: Husky's Piano Lounge by concerned_husky @ 05/24/15 01:48 AM

Thanks guys.
U.S. & World News
This story disturbed me enough to motivate me to stop by MS to comment. I expected that there would already be a lengthy thread underway. For many people, and much of the media, the crux of this story seems to be: "See what hypocrites those Ch
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by tbkkfile @ 05/23/15 11:58 PM

Hi Dan Quote:We live in a better time thankfully where bullying, deceit and immoral actions are shown to be what they are and no longer will CSA be shoved under the carpet. From a fellow Brit, you have my admiration and my gratitude for the courage
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I got a conviction against my abuser Today. by takingitslow @ 05/23/15 11:27 PM

The media have latched onto the outcome. I do not know why newspapers allow comments on their websites for news articles of this nature. I am strong enough to overcome stupid comments with ease, but it is clear that his family are spouting sh*t on
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feelings of guilt and shame by Bluedogone @ 05/23/15 10:16 PM

Hi smc1972, I agree with Dave, this is not a stupid post. I think you'll find, as I have, that the more I talk about and the more I write about the abuse, the less power it has to bring on the shame and guilt. It isn't gone, but it's so much less
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: visions/flashbacks poss. triggers be warned by betrayed boy @ 05/23/15 09:52 PM

thanks guys I do have a T a survivor and 19 yrs treating ppl like us only thing keeps me well kinda sane is her
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Repetitive Thoughts by don64 @ 05/23/15 09:47 PM

Hi Barracuda, I have read that the only balance to power is love and compassion. I still deal with the massive abuse of power you describe, but it has lessened in its intensity over time. I've also done a huge amount of rage work over the years--d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Feelings of guilt and shame by Dave PNW @ 05/23/15 09:35 PM

SMC, good questions. Any question here is a good question. What I hear in your words are the thoughts that I have worked through on my own recovery journey. I asked the same questions.... Why can't I just move on? Why does it still matter? I have wre
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Repetitive Thoughts by honorableman @ 05/23/15 09:24 PM

You are not alone, my friend, Barracuda! I think most of us get raped at some point unless we are extremely lucky. You are good. H-man
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Repetitive Thoughts by honorableman @ 05/23/15 09:24 PM

You are not alone, my friend, Barracuda! I think most of us get raped at some point unless we are extremely lucky. You are good. H-man
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Cruelty Destroys Lives and Inner Self by sorryson @ 05/23/15 09:23 PM

Cruelty is defined as a callous indifference towards others and others who derive pleasure from causing pain and suffering I have been the dispenser of cruelty. I thought when my Dad died I would say he deserved it. Instead it opened up pandora's
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Betrayed_Boy! by Jwmcd2 @ 05/23/15 08:47 PM

Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Take Back My Image by lapchinj @ 05/23/15 08:46 PM

Hey BuffaloCO How do we find your video? I would really like to see it Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope <3 XOXO Jeff
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Betrayed_Boy! by concerned_husky @ 05/23/15 08:39 PM

Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.