Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Sonata1, GT13568, aniceguy, Garf, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447718 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: A Mask by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 03:14 AM

i must be careful who i pretend to be, because i am who i pretend to be. to myself, i am my thoughts. to others, i am my actions.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 03:10 AM

incredible. i am going through almost the same flavours of feelings right now. deep loss. irreversible. permanent. over. that desperate longing. the craving that claws its way from the inside out. a crippling pain that consumes. don't like
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confusion warning triggers by Bardo @ 12/15/14 03:02 AM

Max, I went through (am going through)the same process of learning that what happened to me was not right, and that it was not my fault that it occurred. At 13, you are not capable of making informed decisions about sex. You were taught that it was n
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: to the child by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: newgroundThe ghouls beneath the bed were real! you are only 'paranoid' if there is no clear and present danger. otherwise, in the event of hazards, menaces, and threats to your personal safety... fear just might be an approp
Poetry
Jump to new posts Margaret Atwood by victor-victim @ 12/15/14 02:51 AM

Siren Song This is the one song everyone would like to learn: the song that is irresistible: the song that forces men to leap overboard in squadrons even though they see the beached skulls the song nobody knows because anyone who has heard it is d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting The Natural Order by Still @ 12/14/14 11:49 PM

How did I seemingly crawl up and out of the pit long ago? I emulated the "normals." I figured that I could act as if I were normal and thus fit into the matrix of success and happiness. At the end of shooting a film, the actor goes home an
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: The startle response by focusedbody @ 12/14/14 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: unhappycamperThe startles are like an electric shock or a punch in the gut (complete with a grunt!), so it's hard to work through them. Unhappycamper: Your description sounds pretty accurate. Sometimes I have been surprised
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Confusion warning triggers by woodenshoes @ 12/14/14 09:48 PM

Max52 I am sorry you had to go thru the abuse. I hope you find a healing path. Great group of people here. There is a lot of support here just ask and we will respond. Take care. Ws
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: When & how does IT stop ? by karin4him @ 12/14/14 09:36 PM

Thank you, I had a similar experience.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I know I'm not the only one... by karin4him @ 12/14/14 09:27 PM

Thank you for sharing, you are not alone, although you will definitely feel like you are. You need to definitely take care of yourself first because you deserve it.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Guilt and Infidelity and Confusion by Rustam @ 12/14/14 09:15 PM

Seems to me you made a mistake, one you can learn from but it does not have to ruin your relationship or anything else. Exagerrated guilt or shame, poor sexual boundaries, self-sabotage and catastrophizing are all common survivor issues, sounds t
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: US tortured people -- triggers by Still @ 12/14/14 08:48 PM

Don't wanna be tortured? Don't be a terrorist. Just remember who we are up against. Sydney - Right now! 50 minutes from me I'm getting bloody tired of these animals. They rape children wholesale too! That alone justifies real tor
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Confusion warning triggers by max52 @ 12/14/14 08:46 PM

It has been a long time since I have posted on here, one reason was that while "things" did happen to me, I enjoyed and even looked for it. I was in a boys residential school, sex between the boys was nearly a daily occurrence, if a boy was
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: to the child by Chase Eric @ 12/14/14 07:53 PM

This is a wonderful expression of thanks to the burden the child had to bear - carrying the shame, the secrets, and trying to manage a situation that even adults who were not "so small and lacking so much" would have been challenged to meet
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What is Emotional Neglect? by wollensak @ 12/14/14 06:54 PM

Sometimes it feels like I'm throwing all my support and understanding down a black hole. I give and give and give and its never enough. And when I need it, I don't get it. Like many of you, what I get is an irrational person who acts out in cruel,
Poetry
Jump to new posts to the child by newground @ 12/14/14 06:06 PM

To the child, perhaps in me, who blazed the trail I walk. It Seems unfair somehow that you, so small and lacking so much Should have had to take the lead. You did do well you know... I can see how it might seem less. But you took us through the pain
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: What is Emotional Neglect? by mmfan @ 12/14/14 05:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom and that your h isn't there for you, and has a pattern of not bring there for you. That must be incredibly hard, lonely and bitter esp given how much you've supported him. I can relate unfortunately. I give him so much s
Off Topic
Jump to new posts phone number from by Sterling @ 12/14/14 05:09 PM

I post a lot. hope this offending anyone.NOT. kid needs to learn English. I go to a bar to sing karaoke every other Wednesday. There is this guy ...he sat with me this time. And he is very nice, polite, smart, (why that would matter?), humble.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: too depressing. STAY AWAY FROM READING. by Sterling @ 12/14/14 04:44 PM

Thanks, I appreciate that. I buy food ( but needed food) and....it takes my sense of reality. And I was angry I went to the dairy aisle. Because sometimes they have reduced price of Greek yogurt. I put sugar-free pudding with it . Anyway,
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... by Chase Eric @ 12/14/14 04:42 PM

Thanks, guys - I'll re-post it down here since I had a few requests to reconsider. It's really not about survival issues per se - just about how the heart just won't listen to logic or sense sometimes. I suppose it's all related, though. The "
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... by victor-victim @ 12/14/14 04:32 PM

you get more comments for deleting a poem, than i get for writing one maybe you could indulge us? i motion for a repost. is there a second?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Sunday, Dec. 14 by Anomalous @ 12/14/14 03:38 PM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for this evening, Sunday, December 14, 2014. Anomalous
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: SA ends 40 years ago but health impact continues by manipulated @ 12/14/14 03:28 PM

Logan, I appreciate your reply and support without the details. Only share as you are comfortable. Sorry if I triggered you in any way. Scope down is this Tuesday. Scope up this thursday...
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: ... by manipulated @ 12/14/14 03:21 PM

Eric sorry I missed your post. You have insight and the ability to rationally vent that I wish I could learn. I appreciate all you share. Manipulated
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: I don't fit in anywhere by InsideTheWall @ 12/14/14 03:13 PM

Is there anyone else with a comment? With all respect Jude, you didn't really address anything but the last sentence of what I wrote. I really need some insight more specific to what I posted, but no one else seems to be answering. I find it extremel
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.