Newest Members
LinEar, Matt W, Scott S., beach_boy, oxycodizzlez
12713 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ajswillis (59), BobFS (59), HEALINGDAYTODAY (58), holden_21 (31), Rob-B (58), stacy (48)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12713 Members
75 Forums
65365 Topics
457143 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog,new trick by justplainme @ 05/28/15 04:01 AM

I could have killed myself and ended the pain at my will at any moment, and all my traumas,phobias,fears,pain could have dissipated in a matter of seconds. But i continue to fight day in and day out with that one hand only. I can only go as far as i
Male Survivors
I’ve known about the tooth fairy for some time but the suck fairy… that’s news. I’m probably more prone to the anti-suck fairy (see comments in the link). Over the weekend a friend was complaining about her sister who, 20 years after her parent’s d
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts King, Warrior, Magician, Lover by victor-victim @ 05/28/15 02:30 AM

thanks for this suggestion, justplainme. a fabulous book. well worth reading. i saw you posted it in another thread and i have already gone through it once. i am very pleased with the insight it inspired. i have already recommended it
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: amazing gifs by victor-victim @ 05/28/15 12:00 AM

sinister kitty
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: amazing gifs by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 11:59 PM

creepy kitty. peeping tomcat.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: amazing gifs by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 11:59 PM

mermaid you look
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Ego collapse? by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 11:21 PM

i have discovered... “A new ego cannot be formed directly from the previous ego, but from fragments, more or less elementary products of its disintegration.” ~ Sándor Ferenczi this has been my experience.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Assault and Discrepencies by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 11:16 PM

DAMN PTSD! I AM PTSD.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Awkward question by Still @ 05/27/15 09:35 PM

This is a really tough part of CSA and was likely the greatest cause of the end of my marriage. I was never present for marital sex. I was always back there...back then...with that happening to me. As hard as I'd try to evict those flashbacks, it alw
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Sexual Assault and Discrepencies by bluesky @ 05/27/15 09:30 PM

Hi I hop you are doing better Nd from the looks of it you are reaching out keep it up.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Guided Imagery/Affirmations? by Winhamness @ 05/27/15 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: focusedbodyAt some point in our young lives we got a message wrong about who we were. There may be a lot of resistance to letting go of that identity, especially if it was how we learned to relate to important people in our liv
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting quick article...kids/sleepovers by Mishka95673 @ 05/27/15 08:25 PM

Hey Victor, That is more than my parents did but about the level I would be at if I had kids. It is the level I am at with everyone else's kids. I can't tell u how many times I will see a small kid alone in a store and go stand close to the kid unti
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: .gay for me. by Sterling @ 05/27/15 08:19 PM

bilie is sick. you are not allowed to be a man. . goran. is not. a boy. giggle giggle. e insult me infront mer. meri. is nt mye . my mom isn't m st. I hate food. I hate this. I need to veo. move. note
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Awkward question by learning2remember @ 05/27/15 06:18 PM

I can relate to this, and it's one of the things that bothers me most about the abuse. Several years ago I asked if others experienced anything similar, and lost of folks here said they did, and that they also considered it the worst or one of the wo
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: .gay for me. by Sterling @ 05/27/15 06:10 PM

when I agy comes into the library. don't want my dad. don't want my dad. todnt aty my dad I shouldn't have went to the bank. I should have felt my feelings. I was thinking of karaoke and . I started buying in side me I wanted alove. love so gb
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: .gay for me. by Sterling @ 05/27/15 05:53 PM

I think I am. what is the big deal? don't know. I am embarrassed. I know my mom was ashamed of me. or was it bozna didn't like me. the second one. I am gay . my folks know. I am wondering if to just leave. very depressed about living her
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Difficult Day, Terrible Thoughts by KMCINVA @ 05/27/15 05:46 PM

I want to thank everyone for their support. It was a difficult week offset with a wonderful surprise visit. I was a bit embarrassed about causing worry to you and to anyone. I had been doing quite well for some time and thought I had mastered the ar
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Shame by Nothing Man @ 05/27/15 05:29 PM

Lostc, physical contact between two loving and consenting human beings is a beautiful experience cannot ever compare to the abusive violation of sexual abuse by one person against another. The fact that the abuser is a woman is irrelevant; the touch
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: greetings by Nothing Man @ 05/27/15 05:22 PM

Hi SC Contrary to your username, you were very courageous in taking the first step toward healing: revealing the problem. I strongly encourage you to find a therapist who specializes in treating adult survivors of child sex abuse. Talking about th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: SSA or Gay... by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 04:36 PM

Dear Anthony39, you said so many brilliant and poignant things, it was difficult to condense it, but i tried to boil it down to the best essentials. Originally Posted By: Anthony39Lets face it we are men, and sex is very important. We think about
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting quick article...kids/sleepovers by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 04:02 PM

why wouldn't a person check out the situation before entrusting their child with another adult? it makes perfect sense. http://www.challies.com/articles/why-my-family-doesnt-do-sleepovers this is a good article, target687. thanks for posting i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To Forgive, but not to Absolve by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 03:48 PM

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=480366#Post480366 viktor frankl has been a guide and inspiration in my life.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting quick article...kids/sleepovers by victor-victim @ 05/27/15 03:37 PM

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=480366#Post480366 vi
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: BUSHIDO - Way of the Warrior by justplainme @ 05/27/15 02:54 PM

excellent suggestions here
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Reading literature and the so what's so bad fairy by dark empathy @ 05/27/15 01:13 PM

Okay this one is for the chaps who particularly like reading. For me, books are next to oxygen, (I can substitute audiodramas for books though not tv), and these days books, along with music and occasionally games are pretty much the best experienc
Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.