Newest Members
Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless, Rail-Fan-79, cowboysfan#1
12595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bklyngirl (34), ccbc (46), duckmanfat (41), firedog (39), Lansner (49), Peter 1950 (65), Sunshine1 (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (Michael1965), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12595 Members
74 Forums
64670 Topics
451949 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 1 in 6 boys ... by newground @ 02/22/15 08:33 PM

I have recently read research that would seem to indicate an even higher percentage of boys being molested in whatever way. I have always anecdotally believed that the percentage was higher but in this particular paper it showed a higher percentage o
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ReMoved by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 08:31 PM

too much. content is intense. message is heavy. production and performance are professional. actress is incredibly innocently beautiful. it is perhaps... too well done. was unable to get through the first five minutes. paused at 4'28" a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts To the Peds that lurk here by Still @ 02/22/15 08:30 PM

I've read and heard that you "don't see the problem" with what you do...that its okay...etc. You are SO bloody wrong! Today, i watched my EX-wife and my two children fly-off on vacation without me. I was the best father ever! But what was
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: 1 in 6 boys ... by Still @ 02/22/15 08:21 PM

Is there some very-common "thing" about the sexually-driven and us kids? Is it just the ultimate vulnerability of the child? I know I was the poster child of "vulnerable." But does every hungry wolf need to dine on innocent, unk
Poetry
Jump to new posts brahmanda birthday by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 07:44 PM

brahmanda birthday cozy cozmic egg, too chicken to hatch. fragile thin shell of anger and fear. a crack appears! more cracks appear! hard and brittle, shields collapse. nothing but vulnerable love under here. dedicated to and in
Jump to new posts Re: . by Still @ 02/22/15 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: victor-victim= Simply not so dude! You are missing the point. Let me explain a bit clearerer: @#
Jump to new posts Re: ReMoved by Still @ 02/22/15 07:34 PM

Holy Mother of God!
U.S. & World News
I've heard some really bad shit before...like cops and Soc Service people leveraging their very significant power for child rape. Like "Hey mom! if you don't give me an hour with Junior there....you'll be out on the street today!!!" Don
Family and Friends
I am in a very similar situation. My husband was abused by his older brother and friends, yet he continues an on and off relationship with him primarily through phone calls and texts. His brother has had major emotional issues in his life and my hu
Poetry
Jump to new posts Come to the edge by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 07:22 PM

'Come to the edge', he said. They said, 'We are afraid'. 'Come to the edge', he said. They came. He pushed them... and they flew. Guillaume Apollinaire
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspirational Quotes by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 07:03 PM

Do more than exist - Live! Do more than touch - Feel! Do more than look - Observe! Do more than read - Absorb! Do more than hear - Listen! Do more than listen - Understand! John Harold Rhodes
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: The Myth of Autism, by Sami Timimi by Becoming Other @ 02/22/15 06:57 PM

So in 1943 Leo Kanner observed the behavior of 11 children and suggested that their symptoms formed a unique 'syndrome', which he termed 'autistic disturbances of effective contact'. The following year, another psychiatrist, Hans Asperger, published
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: The Myth of Autism, by Sami Timimi by Becoming Other @ 02/22/15 06:49 PM

I'm going to make a bit of a digression here to look at something pertaining to Myers-Briggs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%80%93Briggs_Type_Indicator Myself being INTJ. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ I had read before that INTJ's are p
Jump to new posts ReMoved by Sven @ 02/22/15 06:43 PM

Triggerwarning for physical abuse & fostercare It's well worth watching it till the end though http://youtu.be/lOeQUwdAjE0 http://youtu.be/TS0lsfkYXEs
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: The Myth of Autism, by Sami Timimi by Becoming Other @ 02/22/15 06:31 PM

The myth of autism : medicalising men's and boys' social and emotional competence / Sami Timimi, Neil Gardner, and Brian McCabe Basingstoke, Hampshire [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011 Continuing to read this. They go into depth abo
U.S. & World News
5 years in prison... probably will get out earlier... in a country where men and children can go to jail for 30 years for stealing a candy bar... There's no justice in this system
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by woodenshoes @ 02/22/15 06:14 PM

Todd Welcome back. I believe Victor said it with such pricise feeling. I must agree with him. You are the piece to complete the puzzle. You have to work at it to find the place you fit into. Woodenshoes
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with puns by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 06:04 PM

speaking of love and marriage: It was an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers. To some, marriage is a word. To others, a sentence. When the TV repairman got married, the reception was excellent. My wife tells me I'm a skeptic, bu
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 05:46 PM

hey, welcome. keep coming when you feel the need. i wish you all the best.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by Michael1965 @ 02/22/15 05:27 PM

Hey Todd! Welcome back to MS. You have come to a place of healing! I am sorry for the things that you have been though. It is all so very confusing and painful! We have all experienced the things that you are going through. Unfortunately it comes as
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! But not sure what to do by victor-victim @ 02/22/15 05:20 PM

hi,Todd. i know exactly how you feel. at least i think i do, based on what you have written here. the only thing i disagree with in your post is the reference to measuring up to church people. comparing to others only leads to envy and/or pri
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is embarrassment a sign of progress? by Greg56 @ 02/22/15 04:51 PM

IMO embarrassment and shame are two sides of the same coin. On one side you have embarrassment which IMHO implies guilt. On the other side you have shame that which was thrust upon me. There is not much I can do about shame except to attempt to lo
Introductions
Jump to new posts Hello by GonnaBalright @ 02/22/15 04:40 PM

Hi this is gonnaBalright aka Todd. I have been registered several years but this is my first day of posting. I posted another message in the Male Survivor forum too that goes more into stuff
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Greetings! But not sure what to do by GonnaBalright @ 02/22/15 04:26 PM

Hello, My name is Todd. I have been registered here for a couple of years but have been inactive because of my busy schedule. I have been wanting some inner healing but just not sure how to go about it. For years I have prayed to God and sought the
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi. by Sterling @ 02/22/15 03:54 PM

I like what you wrote here Mike! I feel the very same way! Get your shit our alone & broken. You wont feel so alone after a short-while! Love you buddy! start typing. Goran
Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.