Newest Members
garyPGH, Z63, Momiji, ja16, winter-rain
12660 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (62), Carlos418 (38), courtney (53), kurotake (56), lostsoul (64), Lukesgirl (29), michael banks (2015), Steffon (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (outis), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12660 Members
74 Forums
65033 Topics
454852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: new blog online by MarkK @ 04/13/15 11:13 AM

guess it's going well ... I've had up to 26 viewers on a single day
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New member johelp by Bluedogone @ 04/13/15 11:03 AM

Hi johelp and welcome, You've done one of the best things for your recovery. That is: move away from denial, a lesson I learned much too late. There's no timetable as you work through the abuse to improve your life so use the resources at MS as need
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
I know I had those moments with my therapist along with being sick. Whenever I see scenes like that I become emotional. I try to hold back the tears but it seems like my break through moment of facing the abuse is relived each time.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have the same issue? by KMCINVA @ 04/13/15 08:53 AM

I had a different type of problem, I would be in a conversation, supposedly conversing but had no memory of the conversation. There were times I remembered seeing a movie but could not remember where or with whom. And there were times I found myself
Yup. Every time I watch the movie.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living next door to my mother (abuser) by bluesky @ 04/13/15 08:52 AM

Iaccus Sorry you are going through this right now or ever. I know that you have been through so hard days lately and this is definitely a situation that you can do with out. Sending you my caring and compassion. Bluesky
Hi last night I watched Good Will Hunting a amazing movie from 1997 with an all star cast. After watching it I cryed for hours and this morning tears are still coming to my eyes. The scene that did it was when actor Matt Damon is with his therapist
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Anyone have the same issue? by Tryingtolive @ 04/13/15 08:38 AM

Having conversations and not knowing what the point of it was? I sometimes will be in conversation with someone and i cant stay on the same topic. I always have to find my way out of the conversation. Or have really bad awkward silence. Dont know if
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Back For a Visit by KMCINVA @ 04/13/15 08:10 AM

Jude Great to hear how good life is for you today. You have worked hard and deserve it. Your words on how the brain is impacted is so true. It has a way of holding us in a time no one should ever live in. I am glad you have accepted what you li
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: As My Father is Dying by KMCINVA @ 04/13/15 07:56 AM

I can only imagine how you must feel. It has to be difficult because his actions so impacted your life in negative ways. To violate a child is dastardly but a father or mother has to compound the emotions. I have been on a death watch for my abuser,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: As My Father is Dying by PhoenixRising @ 04/13/15 07:10 AM

So many things coming up at once for me. A dental problem and then the deep, deep terrifying feelings that that child had. It is almost overwhelming me....he was so incredibly frightened and indeed alone..and then the man who had done it, who had mad
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living next door to my mother (abuser) by GoodKiwi @ 04/13/15 05:02 AM

Iaccus, just wanted you to know there are people out here wishing you well and hoping you find a way through.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Back For a Visit by GoodKiwi @ 04/13/15 04:30 AM

Thanks for the post Jude. I struggle to express myself sometimes so it's a bonus when someone comes along and sums it all up.
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Does ssa feelings ever go away ? by smc1972 @ 04/13/15 03:12 AM

SayItRight, thanks I amtrying but I don't give myself much credit. There is still so much inside of me I cants bring myself to talk about or even just say what is I feel and think. Cafeman, I am ashamed to say I did not feel the hate or guilt at
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just wanted to share... by smc1972 @ 04/13/15 03:03 AM

GoodKiwi, I was never able to say anything about it to anyone I knwo. The closet I got was trying a sex addicts anonymous phone support group but could not get myself to ever speak up. I am sure for me it was cause I could have never said it starte
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Siblings Day by Castle @ 04/13/15 02:35 AM

It bothered me too and sticking around some.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Koyamparambath Satchidanandan by victor-victim @ 04/13/15 01:55 AM

Poets must be left to explore and write what they see, what they feel. It must come from within. It can be on anything, poetry must not be dictated. It can never be called poetry then.      ~ Koyamparambath Satchidanan
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: gerard (jerry) drozda, aka starman77 by victor-victim @ 04/13/15 12:55 AM

my condolences to those who are mourning.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Koyamparambath Satchidanandan by victor-victim @ 04/13/15 12:35 AM

The Unwritten Poem I am the poem no one has written yet. I traveled up to the fingertips of many poets but retreated to the dream like unexpressed love as I was without script. I am not afraid of language as long as it has a future tense. One day I
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: supporting vs enabling by Mishka95673 @ 04/12/15 11:15 PM

Hi Cam, The question you ask is a question which is more broadly applicable than just for CSA survivors and to me the answer depends. If I am there and my man who lives thousands of miles away is going to kill himself, I will intervene...my characte
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Triggers and How to Handle Them by woodenshoes @ 04/12/15 11:04 PM

((((((jeff)))))) I totally understand and feel your frustration. I find that some people just don't get it. I'm here for i'm glad your son has good people around him. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Ws
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: gerard (jerry) drozda, aka starman77 by woodenshoes @ 04/12/15 10:13 PM

Obi I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are ok? A loss is a terrible thing for us to be left to deal with the emotions of someone special. Take care. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Ws
Male Survivors
Paul I am glad your visit to the psychiatrist went well. Your wife is absorbing so much information about you, your childhood and family. She just needs time. Your question how to answer your wife's questions about why your father acted out in the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Back after a bitter winter... by KMCINVA @ 04/12/15 09:05 PM

Dave I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. From what you have written over time, she was a wonderful and kind person. She gave you support and made you feel safe. You are part of her legacy. She was there for you and knew you could achieve
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Living next door to my mother (abuser) by Acorn2Oak @ 04/12/15 08:38 PM

Gosh, iaccus, I can very much relate. My mother was my chief long-term tormentor. Though not physically sexually abusive, I was her surrogate spouse, whipping boy, emotional lightning rod for all her rage against males and maybe life in general. All
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.