Newest Members
Judd, LMG, MYTIME, Damon, aanndd
12552 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drewshere (29), ExLargeEggs (28), Qwerty (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (WontGiveUp, traveler, lionking, Still, petercorbett, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12552 Members
73 Forums
64431 Topics
450036 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Shame by Robert Karen by victor-victim @ 01/24/15 09:16 PM

i would be very worried. i tend to agree that such feelings would be cause for concern. i can't see how that sort of subtext could benefit the relationship, honestly. i mean, i actually recoiled when i read that statement you quoted. my rea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by honorableman @ 01/24/15 09:10 PM

You have confronted your abuser and are pure as the snow. You have said your truth and are free. Nothing else to do now but feel your freedom!!! H-man
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
Jump to new posts Re: My Karma trying to understand **may Trigger** by honorableman @ 01/24/15 09:02 PM

Hey Bluesy, When it rains it pours. Nothing wrong with you. Same thing happened to me shortly after my assault by a guy. 5 more instances of guys trying to get in my pants either by directly asking me (no problem with this) or by kidnapping me. M
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by victor-victim @ 01/24/15 09:01 PM

wow. great story, serious dave. amen, brother. dear manipulated, if you are struggling with forgiveness, i would like to point you in the direction of Ken Singer: Evicting the Perpetrator http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by Serious Dave @ 01/24/15 08:13 PM

Dear manipulated, I can tell that your pain is tearing you apart, and I am so sorry for what you have endured. You said, "Where is there any good, let alone abundant life in abuse?" By far, the toughest six words in scripture are "My
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by AlexBoyd @ 01/24/15 08:10 PM

You have a great wife!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by motmcd @ 01/24/15 06:11 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate your replies and feel the support you send my way with your words of support. It means so much to me. Nice!!!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a great post by iaccus @ 01/24/15 06:09 PM

Just FYI Sharky I see this post and I am glad I was able to contribute to it. Thank you!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Therapist struggle and frustration by Serious Dave @ 01/24/15 05:03 PM

Your request to the T sounds very reasonable to me. Your writing is lucid and coherent, and everything you say just plain makes good sense. You don't sound like you need any more medication to me (maybe the T does). I know that meds are needed som
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by BuffaloCO @ 01/24/15 04:30 PM

Just remember forgiveness lets you off the hook, it did for me and with that I let go of a whole lot of anger too. God still holds him accountable, and God's justice will be more severe than anything I could think up. The seven men that I remember,
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: Autism / Aspergers by Becoming Other @ 01/24/15 02:57 PM

As I see it, the modern type of nuclear and socially and economically isolated family is the direct result of industrial capitalism. The most central component of this is that the middle class lives in Bad Faith. People in traditional societies don
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: All I want by Bardo @ 01/24/15 01:10 PM

Great idea Still.
Jump to new posts Re: Shame by Robert Karen by Still @ 01/24/15 12:32 PM

Dang that is one long article. Fortunately, I did not have to read that must of it, as I stopped when I read this. Quote:Within limits, and handled appropriately, a parentís sexual feeling for a child is usually a healthy, energizing aspect of the r
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: All I want by Still @ 01/24/15 12:20 PM

I remember that cartoon strip from long ago, or one like it with regard to his Dad. It was painful to see then and its painful to see now...and its also true. Its a test for "Dad-hood." If you are a true "Dad," it does not take m
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by traveler @ 01/24/15 12:19 PM

well done, motmcd! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: "Just Do It" by Serious Dave @ 01/24/15 11:43 AM

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:32 Apparently, the Bible at the diocese is missing this page.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: All I want by Serious Dave @ 01/24/15 09:44 AM

Dear Nothing Man, The cartoon speaks the truth. Sometimes it's the little things that tell another how much we love them - our desire and willingness to give our time and attention just to make them happy - that's real love! You are a terrific and
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: All I want by Bardo @ 01/24/15 09:38 AM

Wow! I am tearing up reading your post. For several reasons. First, that cartoon means so much to me. For one thing, I never had a dad around to have such a relationship with. No positive male influence in my life at all. And also because I am a fath
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts All I want by Nothing Man @ 01/24/15 09:24 AM

I saw this strip this morning and it really moved me. It reminded me of what is important in life. Like everyone else here, I have endured some pretty awful stuff. Now, as a father, I try to ensure that my kids are safe and warm and happy. I l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by Nothing Man @ 01/24/15 08:55 AM

Hi Bardo. My therapist says that the dreams and the flashbacks are the mind's way of saying it is ready to talk about what happened. Talking about the trauma helps reduce its impact on our psyches. It is a difficult phase of healing to go through,
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by manipulated @ 01/24/15 07:10 AM

Thanks for the replies. I am appreciating everyone of you and trying to consider your thoughts as I am struggling with doubt, anger and inability to contemplate forgiving my scoutmaster.
Jump to new posts Re: A Code for Life by concerned_husky @ 01/24/15 06:38 AM

A lot of gold in here Victor, thanks for sharing. Knowing my pace though I think it'll take me a good few months to read through all of it.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by concerned_husky @ 01/24/15 06:23 AM

Freeman, It sounds like very good work - writing everything down, and taking time off for yourself to get some space. Kudos to you. I think it's a nice structure you have to your notes - the cause and effects. While my "awakening" per se
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed by concerned_husky @ 01/24/15 05:50 AM

Guys, Thanks so much for this... (((Everyone))) It's still tough, but I'm finding the fortitude to keep going with my recovery. I'm jotted down a few more things in my journals, and at some point I'm thinking of writing a very long poem based on t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: a great post by victor-victim @ 01/24/15 04:48 AM

ditto. i spend 80% of my time at ms.org between the 'poetry' and 'spiritual' forums here.
Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.