Newest Members
yayasdad, HereNow, Sharara, Unsure42, AndyLA
12639 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Andresito (28), cwstexas (57), orodo (51), tel_orod (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Rich1967, Nothing Man, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12639 Members
74 Forums
64895 Topics
453705 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New one for me related to my abuser by Austin54 @ 03/23/15 06:17 AM

Hi Rich, Very heavy topic. I told off my father for his abuse in a letter several years back. He also had abused my sister and my cousin too, and so probably many others. I was the only one who ever confronted him, and he said he was sorry and had
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by Austin54 @ 03/23/15 05:45 AM

Victor I wish more Christians were like you, but then it may be you suffering that made you humble. So much damage has been done by others less humble and loving. The greatest injustice is that sincere and needy and sensitive seekers are repulsed wh
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Some Days by GoodKiwi @ 03/23/15 04:58 AM

Thanks for the link Joel. I really admire your bravery in being so open about your story in the public domain. Only good can come of it. I still need the protection of anonymity but hope to do the same one day. Congrats on the 50,000 hits!
Poetry
Jump to new posts Lipman Bers by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 04:41 AM

Mathematics is very much like poetry. What makes a good poem - a great poem - is that there is a large amount of thought expressed in very few words. In this sense formulas like      or     &n
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: The Fraternity SAVED me ... by GoodKiwi @ 03/23/15 04:39 AM

Wareagle, just wanted to say welcome and thanks for the reference to "Evicting the Perpetrator." I've ordered "Abused Boys" and am looking for other books which might be useful as have only just started to acknowledged my past.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: the art of expression by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 04:37 AM

Each of us has his own alphabet with which to create poetry.      ~ Irving Stone
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Guilt over not stopping it by bey @ 03/23/15 04:35 AM

I am a mother son abuse survivor, molested from the ages young - near 17, including imtercourse from ages 8 - 16. I have fought so hard to get to a point where I can talk about my m / s abuse without too much guilt. I see her manipulation, I see h
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Still A Proud Dad! by victor-victim @ 03/23/15 02:15 AM

DEAR STILL! great news, speaking of proud dads... i just got back from my son's game and he just scored his first goal ever with his new team. here is the best part... this was the team's first game in their brand new giant expensive just opene
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Still A Proud Dad! by Obi @ 03/22/15 09:42 PM

Congrats
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Still A Proud Dad! by victor-victim @ 03/22/15 09:26 PM

congratulations! fatherhood is my neighbourhood, and fatherhood is feeling good.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Conspiracy of Silence by victor-victim @ 03/22/15 08:53 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/experime...-says-1.1324773 Experiments on aboriginal children 'monstrous,' Former Canadian Prime Minister says Paul Martin urges federal government to disclose all records on testing 'horrors' Former prime minis
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Still A Proud Dad! by Still @ 03/22/15 08:50 PM

Meet the new State Gold Medalist in Power Equipment. He won a $5000 scholarship and now goes onto the Nationals in Kentucky in June.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by bey @ 03/22/15 05:45 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by victor-victim @ 03/22/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: GonnaBalright Why do so many churchgoers feel justified in letting everyone know how "right" they are? because they are "churchgoers" and not "christfollowers" or "scripturestudiers".
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by Austin54 @ 03/22/15 04:54 PM

Todd you summed it up very well... many use religion as a way of feeling they are superior to others. Us and them. Austin
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 03/22/15 04:50 PM

I do want love. I sont sont sont sont sont I know who I am. and you aren't anything to me. and I deserve to feel like a man. I wonder if I should call her. I will call her. I wonder if I should ask my brother for 50 bucks. everything else is good
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: i love you by Sterling @ 03/22/15 04:48 PM

Wow! Sweet guy! Thanks I absolutely enjoyed that. Goran
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: DAD/SON Incest Sexual Fetish by Bluedogone @ 03/22/15 04:07 PM

Hi Mr. DeMilley, My question is about your book, which I read a couple of times. Do you think writing it helped (helps) in your recovery? Thanks Here's to continued healing - and peace CJ
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Non Verbal "NO" by Bluedogone @ 03/22/15 03:54 PM

Thanks much, Smart Shadow. Triggers just seem to go with the territory, so if you can recognize you're in that potential area you can sort of prepare. The "swimming lesson" memory wasn't on my list.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Some Days by iamnotbubba @ 03/22/15 03:49 PM

I wrote a short little piece about where I am today. Please enjoy. Some Days iamnotbubba
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Non Verbal "NO" by SmartShadow @ 03/22/15 03:19 PM

Good post here, I think this has all kinds of implication, ((((Bluedogone)))) I am so outraged that someone could be that evil These pretors that pretend to be good and do so much ?$()@... evil
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to calm down - he lied again by Mishka95673 @ 03/22/15 02:38 PM

Maybe this venting is good for the survivors to read as well, to re-enforce awareness of the impact of their actions. Probably really good for the supporters, so they don't feel alone, huh? Jerky pants called me over and over again yesterday despite
Jump to new posts Re: Prejudice towards non christians by GonnaBalright @ 03/22/15 01:50 PM

Well said Austin! True Christianity brings forth leaders that act as servants but what I find that is so hard to believe is that we have leaders that want everyone to serve them. It should not be this way! The Bible teaches in Philippians chapter 2 t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tension myositis syndrome (TMS) possible triggers by SmartShadow @ 03/22/15 01:09 PM

Hay Phoenix, so sorry to hear the level of pain and anger that little guy is in. Tough when his pain comes out in a way that is taking such a tole on you. I have a little guy in me that I am learning to spend the right kind of time and attention wi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Non Verbal "NO" by Bluedogone @ 03/22/15 01:04 PM

I agree, body language can say so much, and say it loudly. Something to keep in mind. But reading this caused a huge flashback for me to the time when one of my abusers was teaching me to swim. "Why are you so rigid? Just relax, the water is y
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.