Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (learning2remember, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443095 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
thanks ;-)
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The meanings of our "pen names" by victor-victim @ 08/16/14 03:19 AM

i'd like to hear from some of the new arrivals. would you care or dare to share the story behind your pseudonym?
Jump to new posts Re: trigger alert- treated an adult male for rape by victor-victim @ 08/16/14 03:09 AM

a little kindness goes a long long way. especially immediately following the trauma. it makes me glad to hear how you handled yourself in this horrible situation. you didn't crack and you shared your strength and compassion.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do you feel Safe? by Still @ 08/16/14 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Jude"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands". -Jeff Cooper (author and commentator) Jeff Cooper was one awesome war horse Jude. Yer a guy who likes Van Halen AND Jef
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe its just me... by tbkkfile @ 08/16/14 02:51 AM

The disgusting paradox of the media, sexualizing children on one page and on the next headlining the latest celebrity abuser, quite frankly it makes me sick. Over here in the UK we had the Leveson Inquiry aimed at investigating an out of control pre
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Well Sh**!! by Still @ 08/16/14 02:30 AM

They are all dropping like flies...all my childhood and youth heros. I used one pic of Jay as my avatar here until yesterday. I changed it without even knowing he had died that very same day. Jay Adams was one of the originals of Team Zephyr Skate
thank you kc. Yes it is. But I am trying to endure.
Jump to new posts Re: trigger alert- treated an adult male for rape by kcinohio @ 08/16/14 12:47 AM

Not sure what the job situation is, but sounded like you handled it well. Hope the harassment of yourself you mentioned isn't something that is ongoing. That sounds troubling to deal with.
Jump to new posts Re: guys come on, reply to peoples posts by pufferfish @ 08/16/14 12:35 AM

OK Puffer
Hey guys. Working at my job and had someone come in with wounds on face and body and divulged he was raped. Some of his conduct was strange but at least I treated him respectfully. He wanted to shower, and I encouraged him not to. He was unsure a
Jump to new posts guys come on, reply to peoples posts by Tyr @ 08/16/14 12:11 AM

its important.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by HD001 @ 08/16/14 12:09 AM

Hi Nicole, Your post hit me kind of hard. Although my situation is a bit different a lot of what you wrote hit home for me. For years I was the rock. I let things go let them roll off. I work and take care of the house. In return I get a H who lies f
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Home & realizing how negative an influence mom is by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/15/14 11:50 PM

Yeah I just picked up all my things and my whole life and moved it a thousand miles. It cost a couple thousand dollars and took my dad and brother the better part of a week to help me do it. And now I'm here and I'm faced with the plainness of this
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe its just me... by victor-victim @ 08/15/14 11:33 PM

sexual exploitation disguised as sexual liberation. escape from the tyranny of puritanism and plunge into the anarchy of permissiveness, promiscuity and perversion. and the pendulum swings...
Survivors of Female Abuse
Hi Lostc, If you feel abused, you were abused. It's not about the other person's intentions, or about what others think or say. It's about the effect your life experience had on you. Don't let your life be contingent on what others think or say.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe its just me... by don64 @ 08/15/14 11:17 PM

Billions of dollars are spent by Madison Avenue brainwashing the world that sexual appeal is the most important thing in the world. That primary manipulation is then translated to cars, watches, clothes, shoes, locations, vacations... Why would you
Male Survivors
Hi NSM, I completely echo the sentiments of Jude's post. Before I read Jude's post, I had a two word post for you to consider--enabling, Al-Anon. Your presence in the system actually supports and feeds the system, and weakens you. You were raised
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by victor-victim @ 08/15/14 11:02 PM

thanks for the tip. can't believe i have never heard of Sex Addicts Anon. before you mentioned it. will investigate.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do you feel Safe? by don64 @ 08/15/14 10:49 PM

Hi Magellan, What strikes me is that you are leaving a toxic environment, very unsafe, an environment that is NOT your own, an environment that you do not have control over, and MOVING INTO YOUR OWN SPACE!!!!!! It seems to me that your external pro
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Pray for me please by victor-victim @ 08/15/14 10:43 PM

update? still in need of prayer, fhorns? pray for me, too, please.
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: God as a Father figure by victor-victim @ 08/15/14 10:39 PM

god is my father and i love him.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How do you feel Safe? by Jude @ 08/15/14 10:04 PM

"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands". -Jeff Cooper (author and commentator)
Male Survivors
NSM, I grew up with two alcoholic parents, and became one myself. I can tell you that you cannot have a healthy relationship with an active alcoholic. And you can't save them. Until and unless your mother is willing to seek sobriety for herself, you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Home & realizing how negative an influence mom is by NoSimpleMachine @ 08/15/14 08:57 PM

Since age 18 I've been at college (5 year bachelor's + 1 year master's), home for all summers but one and a year in between my two degrees. After my master's I went straight to Washington state (in what was honestly a rather bad falling out with my m
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by lucylives @ 08/15/14 08:49 PM

Hi Nicole, I hear your pain. I have been there. This is just my 2 cents worth so take it for what it is worth but to me your husband sounds like not only a survivor but maybe a sex addict too. The empty promises of stopping and then not sound lik
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.