Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (pufferfish, lapchinj, BluegrassGhost, TheBobcatAgain, 3 invisible), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438081 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Introductions
Welcome I want 2 thrive, Congratulations on posting your story. As horrible as it was, it helps to tell others about it. I hope you will pursue healing with your whole heart and all the resources you can muster. You always have a group of 12,000 guy
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: finding my way in this world by Jude @ 04/12/14 01:12 AM

Welcome NM, Sounds very familiar. I mean the shambles and chaos. I too turned to alcohol (and more) to try to escape the pain of my past. I am now 17 years sober, but it took most of those 17 sober years to finally begin to come to terms with the ab
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: New book on survivor: Copperhead Road by traveler @ 04/11/14 11:39 PM

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. EXTREMELY TRIGGERING! though the circumstances of the story are different from my experience, the feelings expressed are very familiar. this guy is one hell of a writer. lee
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by don64 @ 04/11/14 10:58 PM

Hi Chris, I'm happy you are finding some peace with who you are. My parents are pretty sick people, not to the outer world, but their inner worlds are quite damaged. And, it's not that they don't intend good things, they both survived with I imagi
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm Syndrome by traveler @ 04/11/14 10:55 PM

interesting, si, et al! i started a thread about this topic back a couple of years ago. here is a link to that, if you'd care to see some more discussion on the topic: is it stockholm syndrome? it was helpful to go back and read what i wrote ea
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: The Slap *Triggers* by mattheal @ 04/11/14 09:32 PM

Husky, Your post made me cry. I know it's not the same as face to face, but I hope you know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and you have people here to talk to. I wish you peace. M
Men Abused/Assaulted as Adults
I am just proud to know you men, its that simple. As Keith says, "true Warriors"! And hi, Jaybro. I appreciate your words. Of course I am deeply saddened by your experience as a younger man, actually horrified for you. I also have a le
Poetry
Jump to new posts The Past Few Weeks by mattheal @ 04/11/14 09:17 PM

Please Note: This poem is an expression of the hopelessness I've felt the last few weeks. It's a big deal for me to own my feelings, express them, and not be stuck in them. The words are dark so I can be light. I'm a survivor, a few shitty weeks
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by Rustam @ 04/11/14 09:09 PM

Hi Chris thanks for sharing the good news, Its a great step for those of us who are gay, self-acceptance is a must and can be an extra challenge for LGBT survivors. It makes no difference about nature/nurture, born or made to me, it is unalterable
Introductions
Thanks for sharing your introduction. There's also a forum - survivor stories - where you can safely share without comment, depending on what kind of post you'd like to make. Glad to see you participating more in the forums.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Brother Shot His Head Off by ThisMan @ 04/11/14 08:50 PM

jed- with heartfelt compassion, i am so very sorry.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Of all they took, I miss my smile ****TRIGGERS**** by I Want 2 Thrive @ 04/11/14 08:50 PM

I figure it's about time that I introduce myself. Believe it or not this is the short version. I have been pretty much editing it down all day. It does not cover all the ugliness but, it gives you a good picture of my story. I have been in and out o
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: SSA and Sexual Orientation by lapchinj @ 04/11/14 07:21 PM

Hey OTH Do you think that you're gay or sort of it doesn't really matter. The reason i ask (not to be nosy) but if you are a straight guy how did it influence your life now. I'm gay and married. It was the only thing to do in the '70s but my relati
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: finally self-acceptance by jd123 @ 04/11/14 06:51 PM

Congratulations! You did it!!!!!! You accepted yourself as God made you...............A Gay Man................. Stand proud and tall for your courage!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Stockholm Syndrome by Dave PNW @ 04/11/14 06:48 PM

Si and Eirik. I understand your connection to the Stockholm Syndrome. Yeah, me too. But for me it was a little different. I didn't get protection from bullies, I got companionship of a sort. For a lonely and isolated kid that meant everything to me
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Do I keep his secret a secret? by jd123 @ 04/11/14 06:21 PM

NO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It isnt your place to tell. It is his abuse not yours.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: finding my way in this world by Nothing Man @ 04/11/14 05:58 PM

Thank you Kevin and Chase, I appreciate your comments. My pseudonym comes mainly from the Bruce Springstein tune of the same name from the album "The Rising." One of the lyrics stays in my head: "I'll show you courage you can't under
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Brother Shot His Head Off by jd123 @ 04/11/14 05:53 PM

Jed- I am really sorry for your loss. You are not responsible for your brother's choice, irrational moment that can never be relived. Please remember you and your brother are both victims of sexual abuse............you are dealing with yours. Keep
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My Brother Shot His Head Off by jas4159 @ 04/11/14 04:47 PM

so sorry.
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody knows/try hormone therapy????? by pufferfish @ 04/11/14 04:44 PM

The testosterone injection I was given monthly for something over a year was testosterone cypionate. As I already said, I found it less than satisfactory. The problem with taking any hormone is that hormones all affect each other. Taking a testo
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Trusting Him Again by learning2luvme @ 04/11/14 04:24 PM

Hey there, Reading these relationship posts just makes me mad as hell as to the lack of information out their and support for not only men, but also their spouses. I wish I could say I was a model citizen, but I'm not. I'm a man, horribly abused a
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: finding my way in this world by Adam A Gedman @ 04/11/14 03:58 PM

Hello Man, I am sorry for your reason to be here, but glad for you to have chosen to join us here at MS. Im with Eric, "Nothing" is not how I would prefer to refer to you. No judgement here, it just comes across as derogatory when I type
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: okay....it's real and I'm messed up..... by learning2luvme @ 04/11/14 03:56 PM

Welcome, Seems like I go through ups and downs of reading this forum as I vacillate through periods of fortune and sometimes despair. Sometimes I find words of encouragement, sometimes I find words of caution, but one thing for sure...you will find
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: finding my way in this world by Chase Eric @ 04/11/14 02:20 PM

Dear Something Man - I have a tough time addressing you by the name you ascribed to yourself. I am not being superficially deferential when I say that - anyone who has been able to cultivate a family from the "shambles" of a challenging
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Do I keep his secret a secret? by sugarbaby @ 04/11/14 01:30 PM

I wouldn't assume that telling anyone on his behalf will result in helping him (or them) in any way. Family members can have a mixed bag of reactions and while it would be great if they all leaned towards super supportive, don't count on it. My H's
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.