Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63119 Topics
441402 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Some songs I recorded by dark empathy @ 6 minutes 54 seconds ago

One thing I did while away, was go to a recording studio a couple of times so that I had some professional standard recordings of my voice. Sinse I know the chaps here have enjoyed my things in the past I'll post them. The first can be Downloaded
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Yes I'm back, with the therapist question by dark empathy @ 15 minutes 0 seconds ago

Well it is true that there are contributing factors, be those bio chemical, environmental or whatever. My problem however is I want to just have this stuff over. I'm frankly sick of the hole thing and just saying "oh it's your brain going wonkey
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Healing Circle - Cancelled Sunday July 13, 2014 by Anomalous @ Today at 06:53 AM

Hi Guys, The Healing Circle is cancelled for this evening, Sunday, July 13, 2014. It is scheduled to resume on Wednesday, July 19, 2014. Anomalous
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: It's no big deal- that's why I can't talk about it by learning2remember @ Today at 06:28 AM

I'm in a pretty good place overall, much better than when I Started dealing with all this, but a lot in this thread resonates with me. Even with a therapist I trusted and respected this was hard to talk about. I've sort of gotten into a habit of da
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Ten years of healing and counting! by Jude @ Today at 05:14 AM

Welcome cloud 9, You betcha you'll have our support. We all get it because we've all been there. Thanks for having the courage to speak up. Jude
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my little town by Jacob S @ Today at 04:20 AM

Saw him once in high school, 6-8 years after the abuse. He said hi to me. Its really hard to explain my reaction. I said "hi," but I mean its hard to explain what was going on inside me. And feels too embarrassing to explore. Frozen?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my little town by tbkkfile @ Today at 01:37 AM

I was talking to my T last week about the next step as I'd reconnected with the little me the week before and we'd decided that when I was ready me in my adult guise along with the little me would both confront my perps, are they in for a shock as I
Introductions
Jump to new posts Ten years of healing and counting! by cloud 9 @ Today at 01:16 AM

ten years ago when I came forward that I was being abused I would have never thought that ten years later I would be telling my story to online survivors. Hi my name is Luke. I am a survivor of sexual abuse. I have been a survivor for ten and half ye
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: (trigger) Should I send this letter to my abuser? by pufferfish @ Today at 01:08 AM

Another opinion? I think that sending a confrontational letter has the potential of being very healing. However it has to be prepared quite carefully and probably viewed by legal counsel before you send it. Your letter is good and I would make a
Male Survivors
Hi Todd, I have expressed a lot of the raw, primal emotions you mention, and don't need to remember any more explicit memories than the intellectual knowings I already have. I would prefer to not need to go deeper. However, all I have to do is pay
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: OMG! Planet Earth is Screwed by pufferfish @ Today at 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: WriterKeithNauseating and numbing. According to Corey Feldman, Hollywood is crawling with pedophiles. He claims that he and Corey Haim were surrounded when they were 14. http://www.amazon.com/Coreyography-Memoir-Corey-Feldma
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my little town by traveler @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

thanks, dark and Still. with Still's permission I am sharing a video of his that he forwarded to me that eloquently illustrates this topic. [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caT1OMh_CFw#t=47[/video] I did a search and discovered t
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: OMG! Planet Earth is Screwed by WriterKeith @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Nauseating and numbing. The show "To Catch a Predator" was taken off the air because of public outcry from a very large and very vocal group of Americans. Why did they rally to shut it town? They rallied IN FAVOR OF PERPETRATORS. Unbelievable.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my last day by Jude @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Dear Lee, Thank you for all your wisdom, and your willingness to share openly and honestly here. You will always be a friend at MS, and I hope that you will find access in your new home. Be well, Jude
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Grueling tourture. (Trigger Warning) by Bluedogone @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Obi, I think you're right to be concerned. His last post was not too upbeat, to say the least, and the one before that concerned a friend of his who had committed suicide. I hope a mod, or whoever has access to his email, will try to contact him fo
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: mom by bey @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A fresh memory from the past **trigger warning** by toddop @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

NoSimpleMachine, Yeah I have learned the same thing that you describe in terms with dealing with the negative memories and emotions. It took me a long while to get there. I had blocked out any conscious recollection of my abuse for well over 30 yea
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Grueling tourture. (Trigger Warning) by Obi @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

Has anyone heard from cf?
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my last day by traveler @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

thanks so much, Still, Puffer, Don, & Kevin! i have a couple more weeks before venturing out but hope to take you all with me. that is one way that this community is even better than the people i can see and touch - you are always accessible - w
Poetry
Jump to new posts mom by traveler @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

i know i will cry at her funeral and everyone will assume that it is because i loved her, but only i will know that it is because i didn't. i'll be crying not for her, but for me the child-aged me, who did not receive love, protection, nor respe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: (trigger) Should I send this letter to my abuser? by WriterKeith @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

Ocellaris, Another option.... Set up a blog and say what you need to. Tell about your struggles, your victories, your journey, encouragement and links to resources for others. You don't have divulge your name. If you do so, keep in mind: Do not i
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Yes I'm back, with the therapist question by WriterKeith @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

D.E. Wanted to specifically answer your closing question. I'm not a pro in the field, so I'll have to generalize.. ..but there is more than "just memories haunting us" at work. Physiology, genetics, personality, and environment all come into play,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Yes I'm back, with the therapist question by dark empathy @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

Lol Kieth, as I'm about to order a pizza this made me laugh! . About your contributions, I tend to like reading what you write sinse you put forward your thoughts in a very clear and articulate way. Your monica of "writer" seems quite appr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Yes I'm back, with the therapist question by WriterKeith @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Hi, D.E., I don't know why I kinda felt a nudge to log in and peruse the forums this morning. I saw you're note saying "hi" here and it gave me a boost. Like a lot of survivors, I undervalue my presence anywhere. I completely understand what you me
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: my little town by Still @ Yesterday at 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: travelerwhat would I do if I came face to face with one of the bully leaders the older boys that I idolized, envied, feared, hated, and longed to have like and accept me? There is the suspicion that they would be as anonymousl
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.