Newest Members
Kandrejohnson, Bitterblue, jay72, Lookingforpeace, day
12959 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bill61 (55), ianruk (45), sadandlonely (42), sebastian (65), ThyGuy (33), Vin (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (iaccus, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12959 Members
75 Forums
67180 Topics
469096 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Free 8 week group in NC area - DATE CHANGE by Brian Cardoza @ 36 minutes 38 seconds ago

To whom it may concern My name is Brian Cardoza and if you would like I can come out there and speak to the group I was part of David Shannon's group in Boston in 2005 and have done a lot of speaking on survival. I would be to do it for free. if y
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: poem 1 by 30something @ Today at 06:26 PM

Thank you for the embrace.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: BOWIEROCKS! :) by Mishka95673 @ Today at 04:48 PM

Bowie, my heart aches for you. There were times when I didn't understand something he was trying to tell me. I tried hard to understand what he was saying and he tried hard to rephrase but sometimes the communication just took a lot of effort to get
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Exploring sexual attraction safely. by gaatt @ Today at 02:42 PM

Thanks FB, I'm touched... and healed. Sincerely, GAATT
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Quote Being Treated Badly by AlexBoyd @ Today at 02:21 PM

Theoretically, it's a sign of strength to be immune to how others treat us. However, it would also require such a disconnect or mental barrier that it would be isolating and exhausting from erecting all the walls around us. In my opinion, we have to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with isolation by dark empathy @ Today at 01:44 PM

Isolation kills. The problem is there is a narrow boundry between solitude and loneliness, ie, between wanting to be alone to read and recharge, and being forced to be alone. I found myself that while I had friends who accepted me, I never wanted to
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Abused Again by dark empathy @ Today at 01:35 PM

Hi rich. I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, sinse frankly my lady has done more than understand. I've told several friends of both genders, but with my lady things are different, I can be casual, mention triggers and associations, talk about
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Quote Being Treated Badly by Bluedogone @ Today at 12:26 PM

It's a real comfort to know that actions others take don't have to have any influence on how we act, react or go forward with our own lives. We decide if we'll take the hurt and build it up until it affects all areas of life, or if we just slough it
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The First One has died. by ThisMan @ Today at 11:51 AM

Hey, Bulldog and Nothing (you are more than Nothing, btw)- Thanks for your words of support and understanding. When the sun came up this morning the cousin was not the first thing on my mind. Not at all. When he did enter my thoughts an hour
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Seminarian in Ohio arrested by Nothing Man @ Today at 11:31 AM

I simply cannot wrap my brain around this. <<<shudder>>>
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with isolation by KMCINVA @ Today at 10:37 AM

Tryingtolive I understand, many times I felt alone and isolated even when people were around. I have come to believe, my fear of some left me feeling isolated and alone, I did not want to hear or sometimes see them. The fear of what would come out o
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: BOWIEROCKS! :) by Bowierocks @ Today at 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Sterlingmay be I should shut up! and follow my own advice . but I don't like it when some posts don't get a response. the best to you bud. James No that was excellent James . Just hard to take it all in .it kinda of cut to th
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Feminine Nuturing , reiki by Bowierocks @ Today at 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Mishka95673If I was married to you, I would want to hear what you wrote above. As your loving wife, it is my role to be the arms you sob in. As your loving wife, it is my role to ensure that I give you sufficient affection, acce
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Quote Being Treated Badly by woodenshoes @ Today at 09:24 AM

Kevin I believe that statement to be true. Good people don't always think of the hurt they cause. Ws
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Quote Being Treated Badly by bey @ Today at 09:18 AM

I don't even think it's about being good or bad, I just think it's human nature. I mean being mean, being unkind, bullying, abuse, rape, murder, war... we drop bombs on countries and stuff, call ourselves good. I don't think it's good or bad. I think
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Dealing with isolation by Tryingtolive @ Today at 08:58 AM

I've always been with drawn especially the last couple of years. I have really bad social anxiety. I think isolation is the worse thing survivors face. It's a constant battle for me to get my myself motivated to go out and do something. If there
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Quote Being Treated Badly by KMCINVA @ Today at 08:57 AM

Interesting take---so if we are good that is abnormal--I hope not because I would like to believe there are more good people than bad people in this world.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A Quote Being Treated Badly by bey @ Today at 08:56 AM

I don't think that's true. I think if you look around, that's exactly what normal people do. It's the abnormal people who don't.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts A Quote Being Treated Badly by KMCINVA @ Today at 08:47 AM

A quote that was shared with me, to remind what others do is a reflection of themselves and I should not let it destroy me! If someone treats you badly Just remember there is something wrong with them, NOT YOU! Normal people do not go around destroy
Male Survivors
Let it out. Bottling it up only hurts you. I am glad you are facing the past and we understand. Kevin
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Seminarian in Ohio arrested by KMCINVA @ Today at 08:26 AM

How disgusting and sickening that is all I can say. Lock him up for life.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Going to se the movie Spotlight by abused9 @ Today at 08:24 AM

Thanks Kevin
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Seminarian in Ohio arrested by Nothing Man @ Today at 08:07 AM

Hi all. This made the news here in Columbus this last week and I wonder if any of you heard about it. A seminarian at the Pontifical College Josephinum, a seminary sponsored directly by the pope, traveled to California last week in hopes of buying
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Just to Hear me say it....Possible Trigger..... by Nothing Man @ Today at 08:05 AM

Trew, (((Trew))) means we are sending you hugs and support. We are all here in a very real way and can identify with the suffering you endured. How horrible what was done to you. You did not ask for it, deserve it or want it. It was a crime perp
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: The First One has died. by Nothing Man @ Today at 08:02 AM

Thisman, In a very real way I identified with what you wrote. I too had three abusers, of whom two are still walking this earth. My mother was my first and serial abuser and she died about 18 years ago. While she was dying I actually mourned and
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.