Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 67 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: The Damage She Did by focusedbody @ 46 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: don64 But, I feel a different perspective from you and from FB. My sense is that all of me is still totally intact. All of my wonder and joy and expressiveness and openness to being loved and touched and to touching and loving
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by zip14 @ 58 minutes 41 seconds ago

Thank you for sharing this. I can relate to much of what you have posted here. I dealt with it by boxing it up and tucking it away on a shelf for 40+ years. Not easy once we open the box. Good for you that you have been able to get to therapy. I t
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts I wish I weren asexual by learning2remember @ Today at 08:18 AM

I've posted about this before, and something related to it in another thread, but it's really occupying me at the moment. Basically, I really don't like myself when images in popular media get me aroused or even interested. I feel cheap for being so
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: My Nine/Eleven by estuardo @ Today at 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: travelercan you get support from a therapist, too? I wish I could. I hadn't been going to one b/c of expense, but I had stayed in touch off and on with him; a good friend. After I found out about my abuser's death, I tried to c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Toxic people in your life by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

I now leave and distance myself from toxic personalities and people,no matter how I may be related or know--it is draining and they cannot be changed unless they want to be changed. Kevin
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: My Nine/Eleven by traveler @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

estuardo - i will pray for you. i am sorry this has come back to torment you again. i am sure you can find some of the support you need here - though there are more readers on the regular male survivors forum. can you get support from a therapist,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by onlyakid @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

My older brother was my perp, and we have an ok relationship. I see him at family gatherings but I don't proactively seek him out. It may be a bit different because I have not confronted him and at the current time don't plan to.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Toxic people in your life by onlyakid @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Thanks guys for the replies, It is tough and I'm an anxious person to begin with always worrying about what the future will bring will I be able to do stuff like find a job, keep a job, pass my tests for certification. It causes me to shut down and n
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Question by Cam76 @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Hey Rebecca, I did marry a parental incest survivor, and he is currently in therapy - and probably will be for a long time. I do not for one second regret marrying him, but there are issues related to his childhood that affect our marriage. I don't
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Burning Question by rebecca24 @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

is it recomended to marry an incest survivor before or after therapy. do they have sexual problems if injury did occure or not weather on a penis or not. not sure what i am trying to get at here it is an embarressing question
Poetry
Jump to new posts My Nine/Eleven by estuardo @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

My Nine Elevenů imploded with the Clergy Sex Abuse scandal: the pervasive cover-ups; the abortion of justice. Lawyer after lawyer feigning empathy; their efficacy obstructed by statutes of limitations. Parishioners attacking my credibility; sham
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Psychology Question: **** TRIGGER WARNING!***** by sugarbaby @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

I am trying to understand a story I heard. Is there some psychological thing with a perp that they would purposely setup one child to 'accidentally' catch them abusing another child? Is that some twisted thing they do? Is there a name for it?
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Thanks for your introduction. Hope you find MS helpful in your continued progress. Glad you were able to find a good counselor for this. My experiences with that were helpful overall, but mixed along the way.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Thanks for the responses. Don64, you have a great way of presenting your journey.Like your emphasos on love and compassion here. KMCinVA, yes, I think accepting one's value is one of those ongoing challenges I have. While I can get there, usually r
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by I Want 2 Thrive @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

Welcome, You are not alone.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by newground @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

hey bud looks like you started well congratulations! you will find a wealth of information here as well as others stories that can help you to see the effects of abuse are amazingly similar. what happened WAS a big deal no matter what the ages were
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: prognosis by bey @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Thanks traveler. Something to think about. Ben
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: prognosis by Frustrated @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

WHAT HE SAID what is the statute of limitations on trauma? what is the half-life of pain? what is the expiration date for after-effects? is it possible to predict the death of hope? who knows the catalyst of despair? can you plot the trajectory of
Introductions
Jump to new posts Introduction by SilentNoLonger @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Hello, Not sure where/how to start, but here goes: I was sexually abused around the age of eight and it continued for about three or four years (I have a hard time recalling the exact time frame as I put a lot of energy into blocking out the memories
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: prognosis by traveler @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

yeah, i know. i am also thinking of others... we need each other so much. thank you, Kevin.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Child Abuse affects 1 in 3 Adults by JayBro @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

I absolutely agree with you! I think prevention measures are needed in conjunction for postvention measures for youth and adults who have survived abuse.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This American Life: Interview With A Pedophile by JayBro @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Thank you so much for providing me with more info on this topic! I am so horrified by this project.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by On The Fringe @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

That is awesome on your great progress over time. I like the idea of being loving and kind to ourselves as we grow. The whole arena of intimacy can be quite mystifying. I know some, including me, were troubled by SSA. Maybe here is a chance you
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: prognosis by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

Lee You are a survivor--you are here today--moving forward and taking charge of your life. There is no simple formula or one that fits all survivors. We heal differently but one common element is to accept the abuse was real and it is not the surv
Poetry
Jump to new posts prognosis by traveler @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

what is the statute of limitations on trauma? what is the half-life of pain? what is the expiration date for after-effects? is it possible to predict the death of hope? who knows the catalyst of despair? can you plot the trajectory of a fall? when
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.