Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (On The Fringe, rolex, 4 invisible), 66 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438312 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by KMCINVA @ 50 minutes 58 seconds ago

Hello KC It is important that you focus on your recovery and healing. I know it is difficult to ignore those around you who are not being real. It is your journey and you should surround yourself with people who are real and give you support. You
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: My Story. by don64 @ Today at 08:45 AM

Hi TEBA, "Should've kept my trap shut" is never healthy in my opinion. It's not that I should never talk, it's that I have to learn to talk in situations that work for me. I have to learn to discern. I have to figure out what is healthy
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by don64 @ Today at 08:28 AM

Hi KC, I have read the only balance to power is love and compassion. Abuse, for me, is a massive abuse of power. I still have serious issues I deal with, and have found the difficult ones, the ones that are with me still at 64, do respond to love
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: My Story. by teba @ Today at 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: concerned_huskyI also suspect that part of this doubt comes from your psychiatrist. He doesn't seem to be taking these events seriously, but honestly, any psychiatrist worth a dime would realize the impact of such abuse. To say
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by ScottSmith @ Today at 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: ScottSmithback in the day we would laugh and be silly even though the pain was still there it was nice to know for in those moments the pain was gone Matt i hope the pain is gone but your family and friends will feel your lose
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by ScottSmith @ Today at 03:08 AM

back in the day we would laugh and be silly even though the pain was still there it was nice to know for in those moments the pain was gone Matt i hope the pain is gone but your family and friends will feel your lose even more Shine bright like d
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Today at 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: forgive777Originally Posted By: jas4159Wow what a powerful post. You have been thru a lot and so much pain. I can particularly relate to your journaling. i experienced a very similar thing with the flash backs. But i found jo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Today at 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: jas4159Wow what a powerful post. You have been thru a lot and so much pain. I can particularly relate to your journaling. i experienced a very similar thing with the flash backs. But i found journelling very useful in the lo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Today at 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: kcinohioThanks for your post. Getting the anger out is a good thing to do. You have a right to it. There are many pathways up the "mountain," so hoping you find yours to a healing place. thanks
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Today at 02:43 AM

Ya Kevin it hurts leaving from therapy with tons of shame and guilt... for countless of days,,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Today at 02:41 AM

Ya! People dont understand us csa men..
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by forgive777 @ Today at 02:39 AM

Thanks
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by lapchinj @ Today at 01:10 AM

I just heard the bad news from Toddop and even though I didn't know the man I just thought that it would be appropriate for me to post something. This was a very moving song by Elton John that he played at the funeral of Ryan White a teen I followed
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Whistleblowers on C-SPAN by pufferfish @ Today at 12:19 AM

Important issue: http://www.c-span.org/video/?318762-1/challenges-facing-whistleblowers Many male survivors have become involved in whistleblowing as they revealed their abuse. The panel also discusses the issue of torture. Puffer
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Serial Child Molester Commits Suicide by concerned_husky @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/04/2.../7731398196349/ Summary - teacher molested boys at multiple schools around the world. He committed suicide before they could arrest him. I wanted to keep this short, but I need to vent a bit. I was at one
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Honesty and fantasy during intimacy by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Find I can't worry about others' honesty that much when it comes to recovery issues, including recovery from CSA. What I need to focus on is my honesty - my being willing to put myself out there. Being honest about things, such as my struggles with
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I screwed up by Castle @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: I screwed up by Castle @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Do you find your brother struggling in life? Relationships?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher/Student relationships by genedebs @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

If it is of interest to you, DavoSwim, there are requirements under Title IX of the civil rights act that not only should it be reported, but the school is required to inform parents, staff, and students how to report, their to annonymity, and the pr
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: why do I feel death inside by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

Thanks for your post. Getting the anger out is a good thing to do. You have a right to it. There are many pathways up the "mountain," so hoping you find yours to a healing place.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by genedebs @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

My older brother was one my perps. He does not think there is anything to ask forgiveness for. He believes it is natural for one individual who experienced some csa is normal to do that to others. When I was making my 9th step amends (in a 12 ste
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all. Confused and new to this. by kcinohio @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Hi teba, Thanks for your introduction. I hope you find the ms forums helpful and healing. There are a lot of men with experience handling these matters and recovery here. Welcome to MS.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by Castle @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

I think a good part of it comes down to the offender accepting responsibility for their actions. Additionally, without rationalizing "why" it happened...just that it did and that person knows it may have negatively effected the survivors l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship with your perp (within family) by traveler @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

blockade - i am not the best one to speak to this, but will add what i can. i had a friend whose older brothers were early perps. he desperately wanted to have a good relationship with them based upon truth. he wished more than anything that they h
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mattheal, in memorium by toddop @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Matt, My fellow survivor, my brother-in-arms, my dear friend. There comes a time in every warrior’s journey where he lays down his sword, turns from the battle, and moves on a different path. You have been a truly influential part of my own heali
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.