Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
9 registered (CafeMan, Max10, 5 invisible), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438134 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: This American Life: Interview With A Pedophile by pufferfish @ 5 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JayBroThanks for sharing, Puffer. How was it for you to read this book? It was a difficult read. When I first started my healing journey I read a bunch of stuff too early and it was depressing. Also there weren't as many goo
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: crucifix = me by I Want 2 Thrive @ 42 minutes 34 seconds ago

AMEN my brother from another mother!
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: crucifix = me by traveler @ Today at 08:23 PM

Happy Easter - to those of you who believe in the resurrection! i thought of this and thought i'd bump up this thread in case it speaks to someone in the same way that it means so much to me. grace and peace - lee
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Thanks for sharing, Puffer. How was it for you to read this book?
Sexual Identity Issues
That's awesome Buster Jones!! I know how that feels, when something really bothering you is expressed by other people in your shoes. It is quite liberating! I wish you all the best in your recovery!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Big side effects to a small problem? by Jay1946 @ Today at 05:09 PM

Green Lantern: I would describe my feelings exactly as Lee did. The fascination with early adolescence is a longing to go back to that age and enjoy it in the way one was not able to enjoy. For a variety of reasons I was robbed of that experience.
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: What is Health? by gaatt @ Today at 02:44 PM

Hi Dark Empathy, Thanks for writing. I hear you on your challenges and experience many of the same challenges. Originally Posted By: dark empathy I have seen a positive form of communication in certain couples, something which combines emotional,
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Am I Gay? Part 4 by On The Fringe @ Today at 02:08 PM

It took all the beatings I got to get some sense in my head. There were no differences in sex, money, responsibility. It was my way. I am satisfied with life right now. I own my type of thinking and living. It is strange to some, but I don't c
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all. Confused and new to this. by traveler @ Today at 02:02 PM

teba - welcome and best wishes for growth and healing. i read your story - and relate to a significant aspect of it. the ambiguity of some of the events can leave you uncertain whether it really was abuse or not - whether you are imagining or exagge
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: coping by traveler @ Today at 01:53 PM

thanks, guys. i wrote this recently while working through a 12-step program and taking a moral inventory, in an attempt to take responsibility for my own actions and reactions. i guess i should add that most of the tactics i have abandoned as ineff
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all. Confused and new to this. by newground @ Today at 01:46 PM

hi teba Welcome to male survivor! I am sure there are countless men here who would echo your thoughts nearly exactly. I hope that as you take your time to chat with the guys here, to read the other stories and responses you will come to realize tha
Family and Friends
Thanks for posting this. I often feel that nothing I do as a spouse of a CSA survivor is enough to be of any help. It's nice to see that some of the things I can do can make a difference.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Honey for not giving up on me :-) by I Want 2 Thrive @ Today at 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: learning2luvme 27. Thank you for letting me be little spoon even though I am much bigger than you. I thought I was the only one who liked 27. It is a very comforting position. Although in the case of my wife and I, I have th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Big side effects to a small problem? by Green_Lantern @ Today at 12:05 PM

Thank you very much. You just put some things into perspective for me. One side of me feels a slight sexual attraction. But the other side of me feels like I see it as something sweet, pure. Something I want to regain or live, because I never have. I
Male Survivors
Izzy - great post! thanks for sharing the memory - i could identify with so many details of it. congrats on standing up to the bully - that was my impossible dream and you are my hero for that! may i suggest that this memory may have come up now bec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Big side effects to a small problem? by traveler @ Today at 11:32 AM

hi, GL! first, welcome to MS. i hope you find it helpful to be here. second - i am not sure what you mean by a "small problem"? sounds to me like you've mentioned several challenges that all could be considered pretty significant. if you
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Mud Season by Suwanee @ Today at 10:10 AM

I have no business complaining about our Georgia "winters." Will
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Masturbation Flashbacks and Sexual Self-Abuse by BusterJones @ Today at 09:50 AM

This was an incredibly helpful thread! I'm thankful for this place
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Big side effects to a small problem? by Green_Lantern @ Today at 09:28 AM

This is my first time posting, but since this is not specifically about "being new", I thought I'd post it here instead. Please let me know if it is in the wrong thread or section. First I'll start out with my story. Born "handicappe
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Had a good dream/remembrance last night *TRIGGER* by I Want 2 Thrive @ Today at 09:10 AM

I am still processing this one but, I wanted to get it out while it was still fresh. I've mentioned in my introduction that I was one of the smallest kids in class. This was especially true as a sophomore. When I said one of the smallest kids, I'
Introductions
Jump to new posts Hello all. Confused and new to this. by teba @ Today at 08:41 AM

Hi people, I just joined a few days ago. I posted my story in the "Survivors Of Female Abuse" subforum, so if you're interested you can check it out. I'm really not sure what I'm doing here. Well, I guess I wish to get better and get ove
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: My Story. by teba @ Today at 08:33 AM

Hi genedebs and don64, Thank you very much for your replies. They mean a lot. I'm just trying to come to terms with all this. I kept it bottled up for so, so long. I've only told my psychiatrist and 4 other people. My psychiatrist just kinda ignores
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ED by On The Fringe @ Today at 08:31 AM

True words in my experience. I was discussing this topic in PM's with someone. I used to feel guilty for the occasional desire to be more dominant with my wife. I pressed on thru the self doubt and it was unexpected fun. And she enjoyed it. Th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Limbo by On The Fringe @ Today at 08:25 AM

They well could. Getting help and discussing your past will probably kick over some rocks with interesting things beneath them. It may be scary at times. Hang in there. We can get better. Guys never understand women anyway. If you think you und
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Limbo by lostcowboy @ Today at 02:54 AM

Limbo, my life is in limbo right now. The one good thing is I have broken down and have been working with the VA in Dallas. I have been taking medicine for depression. I have started one on one therapy, first session went well. My main problem is I
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.