Newest Members
mgomez, bobafette999, jeremy slicker, Hope4better, SoFarAhead
12644 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
davis (65), lipsticklullabies (26), MG7411201 (41), Peterrr (26), speyday (52), taipan (52), unlucky skin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (woodenshoes, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12644 Members
74 Forums
64933 Topics
454017 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm gonna start posting again (hello again) by woodenshoes @ 22 minutes 4 seconds ago

Megellan You are making good progress. You should be proud. Smile and be happy. Welcome back.
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure if I should post here or friends & family by woodenshoes @ 31 minutes 51 seconds ago

Wfs Welcome. I hope you find happiness. You will find a lot of good people that are willing to help.
Male Survivors
Hi Magellan, I've recently (past 6 months) had the same experience you describe with the church and choir I participate in. I had been in my hermit mode for about 1 year prior to that. I'm now with people and situations I feel like I may be able t
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: 1981 !!! ******TRIGGER WARNING****** by Bluedogone @ Today at 08:59 PM

The news reader in the above video said there was DNA evidence linking the arrested person with the 1981 killing. I certainly hope there's conclusive proof that he's guilty, because basically whether he's the one or not, the media has tried and convi
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ Today at 08:43 PM

I thought it was time to put a more positive song here, for once. The Script (feat. will.i.am): "Hall Of Fame" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukv9Q1eR2g "Hall Of Fame" (feat. Will.I.Am) Yeah, you can be the greatest You can b
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anger and Emotions by KMCINVA @ Today at 08:08 PM

Paul You need to win your war first. One thing my healing journey has taught me, every family faces varying challenges and issues. Those that face the truth and issues in the long term seem to be the happiest and most productive as human beings. T
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: I'm gonna start posting again (hello again) by Suwanee @ Today at 08:07 PM

Good to see you back. The great thing about MS is that there is always a light on for us. Will
Male Survivors
Welcome back.
Introductions
Thank you GoodKiwi I appreciate it!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts I'm gonna start posting again (hello again) by Magellan @ Today at 05:59 PM

My Fraternal Brothers, On the 1st of this year, I decided to stop posting, and shortly before that, let go of my therapist. I'd given up on trying to make sense of relationships and how to make friends, because after nearly 33 years of effort, I'm
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts The never-over side of this by bey @ Today at 05:22 PM

i was abused by my parents, but thats been over for 20 years. no one will see what happened to me, its only in my head now and i can share how much i want with who i want, and even then its filtered and just words and its very much over. i still have
Male Survivors
I told my wife first, after my T. She was respectful and asked a few questions, but has made it clear that she is there if I need her. That is our relationship, quiet but supportive. The harder one was my best friend. As it happened he was going thro
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So many triggers by Bardo @ Today at 04:45 PM

NM, I have nothing to add to what the guys have said, except to add my support and firm belief that this is a temporary side trip on your journey, not a back track. I also believe (ok so I do have something to add) that this situation, by testing you
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So many triggers by lostc @ Today at 03:32 PM

I'm sorry about how you've been struggling, I think you did exactly the right thing and a good thing by confronting that boy, especially since your daughter asked for help. that shows she trusts you and looks up to you too, and its obvious you're bei
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: very upsetting lyrics ed sheeran little lady by Nothing Man @ Today at 03:00 PM

There is also an old song by Cole Porter about the same topic. It is a little more nuanced. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zI-azHaOpQ
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: So many triggers by Nothing Man @ Today at 02:53 PM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I appreciate it more than you know. I just continue to worry about my little girl (yes, I know she is a teenager but she is still my baby) and hope that I have made the right moves.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: New to MS&to a relationship with a survivor (Help) by Mishka95673 @ Today at 01:19 PM

Hi Judd, It's funny...I believe I understand your message. To me, it is clear, either because I am delusional or because I have had to struggle to understand such things with my own man. I love what you shared with Oriana, how you have mixed feeling
Family and Friends
Hey Oriana, I don't post much but thought I'd chip in because I'm on the other side of your story (not literally but I hope you get what I'm meaning) I'm in new grounds in terms of the relationship with the girl I'm seeing. She knows a little but t
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by traveler @ Today at 10:31 AM

Beautiful, Will! just as it should be - i am so glad it worked out so perfectly for you. The only thing i could imagine better would have been if it had been possible to do it sooner - and enjoy that support and affirmation from a true friend for a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Panic time ..abuser returns in two days by KMCINVA @ Today at 10:30 AM

I am sorry you must face the person. Seek support from those that support you and try to remember she can no longer hurt. My thoughts are with you. Kevin
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by GoodKiwi @ Today at 09:49 AM

Will, your post captures both the pain and the beauty of this forum all at once. Disclosure was never an issue for me because I never understood the implications of what happened. Right from the word go I shared with friends that a stranger was vis
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Today I told him..... what was your reaction? by Suwanee @ Today at 08:56 AM

*This runs a little long* iaccus, I think this is a very important topic and one that is underrepresented on MS. The first person I told was my wife. Like newground, I had a moment where it all came to the surface at 2 am. She cried, I cried...and
Introductions
Hi, Welcome back and thanks for the introduction. I'm the least qualified person here to give you advice but you have my prayers and support. Being a magnet for those men - its sounds like there's something in you which makes people feel comfortabl
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Your Spiritual Journey by Bardo @ Today at 08:11 AM

Lee, Thank you for not editing! And thank you for sharing your story. I guess I have been permanently jaded about organized religion. I was an alter boy for years at a "high Episcopal" church, where the stained glass and the professional ch
Survivors of Female Abuse
Thank you very much for your reply l2r, it helped a lot. what you said is true and maybe there's different ways of thinking about all this that I haven't considered or realized is possible. A lot of the ambivalence you mention feeling about your moth
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.