Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (traveler, petercorbett, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443101 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Recognising Manipulation and Blaming the Abuser by traveler @ Today at 04:49 AM

Learning - i think that this is a hugely important post for you. Originally Posted By: learning2rememberabout what my brother had done to me and how, when I asked him about it, he said he didn'T remember. He questioned my sanity, which made sense to
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: spanking in school still legal in some states by traveler @ Today at 04:11 AM

i attended a public secondary school in the UK. they used a leather strap about a quarter inch thick and about 2 feet long with a split in the last 8-10 inches. it was smacked down overhand across the open palms of the "offender." it hurt l
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A surprising realization by traveler @ Today at 03:53 AM

great news, Magellan! i am so happy to hear this. you are very perceptive to have worked this our - despite your claim of not understanding "politics." glad you have the support of other sane ones in the department. Lee
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: The meanings of our "pen names" by traveler @ Today at 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: travelerJosh & all - i too am a traveler. i second what you said about the sense of adventure and the excitement of discovery and learning. i've lived at over 30 addresses in 7 states, 6 countries and 4 continents. i have
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: being touched by learning2remember @ Today at 01:58 AM

I'm sure my mother would insist that her touching me was only affectionate, nothing erotic involved. I never questioned that for years. Then, as an adult, I realised that I had been uncomfortable with her touches. It was also true once that I saw a c
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: what r ur accomplishments? by pufferfish @ Today at 01:37 AM

Obi I think highly of you. Puffer
Military Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Any "Brats" here? by pufferfish @ Today at 01:36 AM

gaatt My father was addicted to tobacco (pipe smoking) and coffee. My mother was addicted to herself. There was a constant struggle for dominance between father and mother. Who would be the boss? I remember in particular they had to "turn a
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: i need your help guys... by just me @ Today at 01:21 AM

((((Patrick)))) It was not your fault. You are among friends, you are safe. Warmly, JM
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: innocence stolen by victor-victim @ Today at 12:30 AM

amen. great poem tells it straight. thanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: ' by victor-victim @ Today at 12:17 AM

?
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: I need a pep talk by finallyhere @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Going Forward: Just from my experience I understand exactly what he is saying. That is why I have found my way here. I love my wife deeper than she will ever really understand all things considered. Yet I am just now learning how to deal with what I
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: learning to embrace loneliness help plese by md4e @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Funny how I read this and think someone is in my head. Then I read the responses and again think they are talking to me, or that I wrote the response. I guess what it says is, we all "know" the pain and loneliness. The hardship of loving
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Snow Patrol: "Chasing Cars" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKr98ktoxU "Chasing Cars" We'll do it all Everything On our own We don't need Anything Or anyone If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forg
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New guy by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but I am glad you found us. We all share a past that is hard to deal with, but amongst people who understand life becomes easier. Welcome. Share what you want when you want, there is never any pressure.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts San Diego, CA 1 Day Mini WoR -9/6 by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

There's still time to register for our next 1 DAY #Healing Workshop for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse. Join MaleSurvivor therapists and other survivors for a healing experience "like no other." WHERE: San Diego, CA ; Town and Country Res
Classifieds
Jump to new posts San Diego, CA 1 Day Mini WoR -9/6 by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 02:01 PM

There's still time to register for our next 1 DAY #Healing Workshop for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse. Join MaleSurvivor therapists and other survivors for a healing experience "like no other." WHERE: San Diego, CA ; Town and Country Re
Website News and Announcements
Jump to new posts Watch & Share the MaleSurvivor #icebath challenge by Chris Anderson @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

.0039% of people will be diagnosed w/ ALS (which is still 1000's of ppl annually, and far too many). However almost 25% of men, and more than 60% of women have experienced or will experience some form of sexual abuse during their lifetime. (Source: 2
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Asking imput--how can I grow up? by Judith @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

fhorns responses below yours . 4. I felt sorry for myself some tonight, for "knowing" my wife is pulling away didn't help. Judith: I am sorry you felt some sadness etc. Remember it is not good for you and your daughter if she refuses to
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts How did you find help? by Nicole @ Yesterday at 12:31 PM

As a wife, once again logged onto the MS site, trying to get a grip, it has become abundantly clear that I need to talk to someone. So I start the search for a therapist, counselor, anybody, who has some experience in this area. Many come up on the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: A question: What the hell do people think of me? by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 11:44 AM

I use to be concerned what others thought, I think it had to do with the hidden fear of someone learning about my past. I believed what had happened was my fault. The guilt and shame that came with being responsible, going back made me insular. I ha
Gay/Bi/Trans Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Little Boy Lost by Jay1946 @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Wise words NoSimpleMachine Up to now I've felt like there are two mees coexisting. One the adult that makes rational well thought out decisions and the irrational childlike one that is all about emotions and whose primal instinct is to avoid challen
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A life fully lived?? by Still @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: GoodSamaritanRobbie, I am curious as to how you keep up with someone like Jay Adams if you don't live in the Los Angeles area. The reason I ask is that I have only found a handful of videos on YouTube in which you can see him o
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Dear Cardinal O'Maley by motmcd @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

As always, thanks for the feedback. It's good hearing others perspectives on these things.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Making a lot of progress, still some hang ups by KMCINVA @ Yesterday at 07:18 AM

You have begun the work. You are identifying the areas where the abuse negatively impacted your perception of who you are, the fears of how others will perceive you and the impact of shame--which creates a feeling that we have no value and the fear
International Conference
Jump to new posts Re: Question about 2014 Int Conf schedule by Banjo596 @ Yesterday at 04:14 AM

bump...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.