Newest Members
brainstem, Serendipity, lionking, stymie, Broken1968
12545 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AbuseSurvivor90 (25), Danbuff (58), scottc (54), usccabum1985 (30)
Who's Online
6 registered (Stop, Zero, vrocotamy, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12545 Members
73 Forums
64419 Topics
449906 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Night Upcoming Family Group Session by sorryson @ 12 minutes 28 seconds ago

thank you everyone. I do feel stronger and it is thanks too many. People here at MS have extended themselves in many ways. I have immersed myself in support for many different issues. My sexual abuse as a child has been something I denied and prete
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Nightmare flashbacks TRIGGERS by Bluedogone @ 53 minutes 15 seconds ago

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. What's so ominous about it is sometimes it's pretty easy to fall asleep BUT THEN about one o'clock the nightmare comes, and it's impossible to get back to sleep. And once more the feeling of being all alo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: mourning our lost child by myrlin @ Today at 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Nothing ManI cannot change my past but I can change the way I respond to it. Its taken me a long time to learn this simple, but hard to do, truth. Part of doing this has been for me to reprogram the old negative tapes - just t
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation In Media
Jump to new posts Re: Legacy by Logan @ Today at 08:31 PM

Jeff, your in luck, your post will not be the last post on his thread!!! I highly agree in helping those kids that that are in harms way as street kids. their job is extraordinarily Dangerous and trying to help them get off of the the street would b
Humor
Jump to new posts The Right Response? by Bluedogone @ Today at 08:27 PM

One of the great resources (for me at least) of the MS forums is reading previous comments and replies from past members, most of whom are no longer posting. It's very therapeutic, and I highly recommend it. I hope this is not offensive to anyone, b
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Every Day Mindfulness by bluesky @ Today at 07:37 PM

Every Day Mindfulness I am trying to make the practice of mindful living part of my every day life. I was introduced to this at the Alta WOR weekend. I would like to thank Jim Struve and his staff for introducing this to me and the others men at the
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with new / recovered memories? by Nothing Man @ Today at 07:19 PM

(((Logan))) sending you peace and hugs.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: some song lyrics (maybe triggering) by john22 @ Today at 06:37 PM

Papa Roach: "Lifeline" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZNNzDUCgk "Lifeline" When I was a boy I didn't care about a thing It was me and this world and a broken dream I was blaming myself For all that was goin' wrong I was way o
Jump to new posts Re: Past Firm Convicted Believer Now Doubting. by Jay1946 @ Today at 05:27 PM

I think anger with God is something that many of us csa survivors experience. I certainly have. I was doing Step 3 in a 12 step process: "Made a Decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand him." and I j
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Tough Week by justplainme @ Today at 04:38 PM

Good for you my man, it's important to pace yourself, you wanna avoid burnout. Take a breather make some popcorn and watch a movie when you can to relax.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "Conform or be cast out." by bluesky @ Today at 04:36 PM

I completely get this. I n my world the people around me think that I am very different and I dont fit in with others. Even though I can except the diversity or sameness of others. I have a hard time finding people that have open minds on many subjec
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Set up for a life of Trauma uncovered by bluesky @ Today at 03:53 PM

Thanks for sharing this is what mt T has said but in different terms. The way you say it makes it makes it clearer. Bluesky
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: optical illusion by Sterling @ Today at 02:34 PM

This stuff is awesome , you cool weirdo !!! hugs. Hope you and your family enjoy Paddington the Bear ,movie. Take care and love you guys. -very appreciative member. Goran
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Boston Area Group? by DiplayName @ Today at 02:20 PM

Hi Bloom, The BARCC.org just had me do an intake (simple interview process in person) . They are starting a new male group in the Spring (they thing) and offer free individualized therapy (and groups are free as well). Best of luck...
Poetry
be forewarned i bite back
Poetry
Jump to new posts Arrogance by OCN @ Today at 08:30 AM

And now i know that it was arrogance all the way along Making me feel weak while i actually am so strong Creating a story in which i had to deny myself It let you to rule my world, me hidden in a shelf Full of self-defeat and despair, battered up by
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else with CSA survivor parents? by traveler @ Today at 05:40 AM

i learned only very recently - less than a year ago - that my mom was a survivor of CSA. it was her sister who told me - and it explains a lot. apparently, a neighbor man - a "pillar of the community" in an influential position, highly re
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Does This Ever Get You Annoyed? by newground @ Today at 04:28 AM

I agree totally.some of my early abusers were part of a pack of females. the first time was the oldest daughter then in time to come her mother would babysit and we were left there in the belly of the beast with two others. I believe they were all mo
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Is "Recovery" Always the Best Way Forward? by NoSimpleMachine @ Today at 03:38 AM

What you're describing as internalization I have taken to calling "habilitation" (from Ken Singer's book); the idea being: if people who are traumatized or injured as adults "rehabilitate" in order to get back to what they know i
Jump to new posts Re: Other religions than god centered. by don64 @ Today at 02:29 AM

Hi Little big man, This is a spiritual forum for everyone. I am sorry you are not getting the respect and support you and everyone deserve for the right to choose what, who, and how you worship, or not. This site is not only for Christians, and is
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Your life in Six Words by Shyshark @ Today at 01:38 AM

My goodness Victor ... The middle part of that second to last one is pretty grim. I hope you don't believe that. ((((v-v)))
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Brotherly Love by Shyshark @ Today at 01:31 AM

Sadly a family is not what we make of it ... it's made of that over which we have no control. In other words ... we're stuck with it. This family we choose ... and this family chooses us. In other words ... no other words are needed.
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Looking for a survivors of CSA Group NJ by bluesky @ Today at 12:39 AM

Looking for a survivors of CSA group in south or central NJ. If any body has info can you let me know thanks. Bluesky
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Some times there is a happy ending. by bluesky @ Today at 12:32 AM

I was very inspired by this story. It gives me hope that there are good people in this world and we need more like them. Bluesky
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by gettingstronger @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

As long as a song doesn't encourage you to harm yourself, or you only listen to it when you're not in a state to do so, I think it could be really good. I've cried like hell to certain songs, especially Meat Loaf's "Objects in the Rear View Mir
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.