Newest Members
Rurai, ratherbfishing, NeverAgainSB, It Just Is, HealingHope
12805 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (49), Grunty1967b (2015), highflight (43), jocks44 (55), kitm1 (48), Porrick (45)
Who's Online
7 registered (7 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12805 Members
75 Forums
66056 Topics
461801 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Washcloth TRIGGERS! by newground @ 1 minute 14 seconds ago

glad that you have uncovered that truth lee though truly sorry it happened. just one more in a line of challenges you have overcome. I hope that it fades soon along with other bad memories of the time of helplessness. you are a good man...always were
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Subconsciousness vs consciousness by Acorn2Oak @ 59 minutes 21 seconds ago

This may be way off base, but makes sense to me.... I look at the subconscious as beliefs I've forgotten I have and the conscious as what I'm aware of believing. Triggers, for example, can make make unconscious beliefs conscious, IF I pay attention
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Emotionally blocked by lapchinj @ Today at 07:25 AM

Hey smc I have the same problem with closeting myself in more and more. I see myself just wearing out and wanting to quit. I just want my mind to stop opening up and revealing all my shit, I just want it to stop. The things I had done to me and the
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 2 by traveler @ Today at 07:15 AM

Jay - it always helps to know someone else gets it. thanks for responding. good to know we are not alone! Lee
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: How long did you keep it secret? by manipulated @ Today at 03:42 AM

45 years. Ignored never forgotten (though specifics were/are and rear their ugly sudden body sensation flooding head from time to time. I had hinted at it 5 years of marriage but no specifics. Forced to disclose in a break from self two years ago, th
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: expressionism by Sterling @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

love seeing good looking men. I . do . I love when I see people who are happy. I love confidence. in people. I f I enjoy others . loving their friends or partners may be I can enjoy that while I listen to music in a library and forget myse
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: Farrell's White House Council on Boys and Men by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

Consider the sources of that "news." Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Isolation... by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Right now I am in the depths of a pretty severe bout of depression and the thought of being around other people just sounds horrible. I just want to be alone right now.
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: My husband has been using Grindr... by lovehimalways @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

I wish I knew what to say or help, but unfortunately I don't. However,reading your post really struck home. We have had a roller coaster of a journey but had started dating in high school. It is now 12 years later and I feel like so much has been sa
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Flashbacks at the office -- *triggers* by lapchinj @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

I can usually keep myself calm from flashbacks and panic attacks by cutting whether I'm at home or at work. I carry a razor and tissues wherever I go. Sounds kinda sick but so am I. Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope <3 XOXO Jeff
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: Calling all angels! TRIGGERS by iaccus @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

There are no angels, there are no devils, just corporate criminals playing with tanks.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

After I was raped I lost so much self-confidence. I became a people-pleaser and as a result suffered some bullying. That just made the lack of self-confidence even worse, and it turned into a spiraling effect that took decades to get out of. But t
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll by Tryingtolive @ 08/28/15 09:18 PM

For me I picked everyone but denial ... A part of me tells me I'm in denial while another part tells me I'm not
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: god------trigger by victor-victim @ 08/28/15 08:11 PM

if God is a trigger! i say "Pull it!" Concrete Blonde says "God is a bullet"
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Films anyone? by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 05:15 PM

Joseph Gordon-Levitt starred in a film called "Mysterious Skin" which dealt with the effects of childhood sexual abuse. It is a powerful and moving film, but features a rape scene which can be triggering and very uncomfortable to watch.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Inspiration Just for today by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 05:09 PM

“Dissociated trauma memories don't reveal themselves like ordinary memories. Like pieces of a puzzle, they escape the primitive part of our brain where the trauma has been stored without words. These starkly vivid and detailed images are defined by
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: I thought it was the end by victor-victim @ 08/28/15 04:03 PM

this poem gives me a truth ache. how much pain can one man take. reality and fantasy collide. one hell of a crazy ride. violence is extremely intense. justice? revenge? self defense? i kept murder in my heart. but it ripped my soul apart.
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: fearless by victor-victim @ 08/28/15 03:29 PM

great sentiments, bey. i can totally relate. i fight against fear. i battle against hate. “Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.” ~ Eddie Rickenbacker Edward Vernon Rickenbacker was an A
Health and Wellbeing
Jump to new posts Re: I am tired. by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 03:21 PM

Simba, just checking back in with you. How are you doing? Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Straw poll part 4 (incest survivor poll) by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 03:16 PM

My mother, who was one of my abusers, has been dead for 17 years now and I can honestly say I do not miss her, nor do I mourn her passing. She was also physically, verbally and psychologically abusive toward me. I think that even if she were alive
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Are You a Carrot, Egg or Coffee Bean by KMCINVA @ 08/28/15 12:49 PM

The egg seems like the fall back place to go. We try to protect ourselves in life and for survivors it definitely is a way of life. You said it, the egg is a false sense of strength. Undoing and reprogramming can be hard--like they say you cannot te
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: He made me gay by 1lifenow @ 08/28/15 12:49 PM

Cant The struggle is real. What is the fall out of a childhood so twisted? I have been on and off this site for almost 5 years now and I think Chase Eric's comment and insite about the Conclusions you/we can draw are DEAD ON. We do have the po
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Mankind Project? by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 12:17 PM

I'm always skeptical of websites that offer those types of "services"
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My mind is spinning *triggers* by Nothing Man @ 08/28/15 12:12 PM

Hey (((Sven))) I am so sorry you are hurting right now. I hope it will pass quickly. Please reach out and talk to someone -- your therapist, a trusted friend, a spiritual advisor -- and remember that you are not alone. We stand behind you and man

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.