Newest Members
600Rider, LinEar, Matt W, Scott S., beach_boy
12714 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
baldrocker (45), Dolphinboy (52), drmrboy1974 (41), h vd peppel (60), rcm (2015), Scott Abraham (63)
Who's Online
5 registered (takingitslow, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12714 Members
75 Forums
65376 Topics
457210 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog,new trick by justplainme @ 2 minutes 36 seconds ago

I'll give it a go and get back to you. Thanks for the share.
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Songs for survivors by jj78 @ 44 minutes 48 seconds ago

Thanks LinEar for posting these songs!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: My intro by iaccus @ 55 minutes 29 seconds ago

You are not alone brother!
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Fears and certainties by KMCINVA @ Today at 05:15 PM

Iaccus Please take care of yourself and try to focus on something positive. Recently I had a difficult situation and understand the dark emotions you are feeling. Someone posted half truths and innuendos on social media. It was hurtful and spite
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking advice/ a friend of a survivor. by Judith @ Today at 03:47 PM

HI CJ and all male survivors. Please share your experiences. First off let me say thank you for sharing your experience. Responses below yours. Hi Judith, I'm really sorry you're in such a complex situation that causes such tension and quandar
Poetry
Jump to new posts Re: If by Nothing Man @ Today at 02:56 PM

Nicely done (((Eirik))). Mike
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Incest survivors .... I have some questions by Nothing Man @ Today at 02:49 PM

Hi Tryingtolive. Like others here, my family looked to all outsiders as the Beaver Cleaver family. We lived in a nice house, my dad had an important job, we belonged to The Country Club, my mother volunteered at one of the local hospitals and we att
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: 25 years ago / something of my story by Nothing Man @ Today at 02:31 PM

Hi LinEar, and welcome. I am so sorry for what was done to you. And that is key: remember that this was done to you. It did not just happen. Someone made a choice to harm you. You did not ask for it, deserve it or want it. So often we survivors
Books, Music & Films for Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Innocence Faded by Obi @ Today at 10:08 AM

They are also one of my favorite bands. That had to be really cool to see them live. I would love to, but haven't had the chance yet.
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: Parenting and Prevention by GoodKiwi @ Today at 08:24 AM

Maybe Iím not ready for that but I agree - well said and hitís the mark.
U.S. & World News
Jump to new posts Re: remember this case? by KMCINVA @ Today at 07:48 AM

Never should she be allowed to teach in a school. She damaged that child who become her husband in ways she does not know.
Family and Friends
I believe fixing takes time and it has to be at a time when the survivor is ready to take on healing. Survivors do not always realize the signs of the abuse are there. You are perceptive to suspect, most people never have this thought as they watch
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: * by sorryson @ Today at 05:53 AM

This thread makes me sad that the pervasion of someone could drive a child to prefer death over life. I had dark moments bt something kept me alive. I had pain, I hurt. I did learn my Dad who was a survivor also suffered terribly. Long story we basi
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Doylestown, PA Meeting Celebrates 3 years! by GoHomeAgain @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Still going strong - would anyone like to join us? PM me.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A change of seasons by atari_kid86 @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Love it!
Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero by intochange @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

The dirty little hero rings so true, not that I was in any way for any one a hero, but I was a dirty little boy for sure. At 81/2 I went from happy, naive and trusting of all but my abusive father, to sullen, cunning, manipulative and overachieving
Sexual Identity Issues
Jump to new posts What triggers your same sex fixation? by SmartShadow @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Sexual idenity aside, Is there a trigger or triggers that activates same sex thinking, rehearsing or fantasizing? For me it's stress. Relational stress is the worse. Experiencing disapproval and disappointment from someone is so painfull that it
Survivors of Female Abuse
Jump to new posts Re: Shame by Nothing Man @ Yesterday at 03:16 PM

lostc, I feel your pain and understand it because I have felt it too. I had to live with one my abusers for about 20 years, off and on. The abuser was my mother, and not only did she serially molest me when I was younger, but she also was physicall
Spirituality and Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: confession by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Family and Friends
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting quick article...kids/sleepovers by Still @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Just a bit of housekeeping: Dr Dobson did NOT write the article in any way whatsoever. He was only cited in the opening line.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: optical delusions by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 05:31 AM

don't know how this works, but it works. keep your eyes on the cross in the middle and the people look like freaks. take your eye off the cross for one instant and they immediately transform back onto humans. very creepy. seeing is not beli
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: free association & freedom of expression by petercorbett @ Yesterday at 04:55 AM

Sterling, Warm greetings for you from Germany. What can one say? Your pains run deep. Your journey in finding your real self. A loveable & worthy human being. Gay, straight or bi. No matter which, you are a beautiful person. Always were from th
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: CSA and PAS by sorryson @ Yesterday at 04:47 AM

Nothing Man I appreciate your thoughts. Sadly we did not know this was abuse, it was subtle and Mama's way of responding to how she was brought up, her own issues of self esteem and probably depression and possibly some other mental illnesses. We kn
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: My childhood hero was abused as well ... by victor-victim @ Yesterday at 04:43 AM

In a 1980s comic, Spider-Man comforts a young boy who was abused by his babysitter by telling him the story of another kid who was once in a similar situation. here is some of that artwork. http://www.ep.tc/problems/fifteen/index.html
Male Survivors
Jump to new posts Re: To Forgive, but not to Absolve by unhappycamper @ 06/01/15 08:57 PM

I'm sorry, I still can't see what the idea of "forgiveness" has to do with any of this, any more than "forgetting" does. I must be stuck in a bad place. John

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.